Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 725 Member
    @Katofhyrule12 That must’ve been my problem. I uninstalled OneDrive and redownloaded my store items. It worked! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

I am so glad that your game is working! EA can only work as well as Windows allows it to work. It will be Windows that breaks Sims 3 and Sims 4, not EA. PC games are not going to last much longer. Whenever our games are not working, we need to first look at Windows. I can only imagine what EA is preparing for. They must have some idea of what is coming. Much of what they are planning for Sims 5 must be in context of that knowledge.

I find that my Sims 3 game runs better when I don't have a Sims 4 folder in documents, and my entire documents folder is as empty as possible. Someone also clued me in that I should uncheck the box that asks to stay logged in.

I only know enough about computers to know how little that I know, and that people that pretend to know more than me are sometimes faking it.

Good luck with your game!
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 725 Member
    @lizzielilyy that dress is so pretty!
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,430 Member
    edited August 2023
    Here's another tame excerpt from "The Chikamori Legacy".
    Mr. Daly was his first instructor, he’d just finished Algebra class and Haruo went to him to find out his homework. There were six pages of problems that were due. It was an assessment of where Haruo was in his math skills that the teacher wanted to know. He was assigned a textbook to pickup at the Campus Bookstore.

He went to the other teachers as well and then sat in on the last twenty minutes of class for the Chem 026.
    4LZhLuP.jpg
    After those classes were finished he headed directly to the Campus bookstore where he picked up the textbooks that he needed in order to study those courses. Browsing through the aisles he managed to find them as well as school supplies he had neglected to buy thinking he was going to relax for a full spring and summer. Yeah, those plans just got summarily blown all to hell.
    SRDeLDR.jpg
    ZaBQpiu.jpg
    And was he going to end up buying dinner or making dinner? He tossed it over in his mind for a bit before deciding to stop in Kaigen Teriyaki and Karaoke Restaurant to pick up what amounted to enough dinner for four people for two nights. That should be easily warmed up in the microwave and eaten when they were hungry. If he was going to be able to tolerate the drunken singing at the karaoke machine.

Nope, he was going to be too busy to stop studying to make dinner. At least for most of this semester until he had the routine down. He had to pass these courses and make sure that he was going to make it into first year Agricultural Science studies in September of 1989. Besides most of his classmates had gone to post-secondary education and were going to be closing out their first year starting this semester. But he didn’t regret waiting in the slightest. At least he got to go to UBC with River. And that made it worthwhile in the end.
    xj0GoBR.jpg
    He was also glad that he’d picked up a UBC school backpack where he could get his books home from university. This was going to help tonight when he didn’t have hands free to carry his books and he had two bags of teriyaki chicken shrimp rice to carry home as well as Japanese style teriyaki sauce covered chicken strips. Getting that all home was going to be interesting.
    ypAolGb.jpg
    Maintaining his sanity while waiting for the order to be filled was difficult enough when a couple was at the karaoke machine wailing out “Nothing’s Gonna Change My Love For You” at the top of their inebriated lungs horrendously out of tune. That was torturous. He couldn’t wait to get out of the place.
    Our dreams are young and we both know
    They'll take us where we want to go
    Hold me now, touch me now
    I don't want to live without you

Nothing's gonna change my love for you
    You oughta know by now how much I love you
    One thing you can be sure of
    I'll never ask for more than your love
    (Yeah, the 80s had some pretty corny lyrics, but the singers actually sang without autotune... :p so there...).
    1HcjFAq.jpg
    So it was lug it all the way home and by the time he got home, he was thoroughly bushed.
    Yeah, karaoke was a big thing back in the 90s - probably not so much nowadays.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,145 Member
    @Tamijo Well, if someone is dead.. it's probably best to have them rest in peace, I would guess, unless they somehow return as a ghost or something. :P
    Tamijo wrote: »
    July: Have to say it again (been some time since i said it :)) I simply love the fact that your sims are so believable, you everyday humans, as life is.

Thanks, that is a very nice comment to receive. I do try on occasion to make them relatable and seem human, because I want to believe that they're a little more than just pixels on the screen... :P
    To the story, glad that she was able to acquire the Rynkestjert estate, looking huge :) (but missed the reason why you show Redwood Street 180).

I showed the Redwood Street 180 to show it in it's finished form, as it is a house that has been built for some months, like this:
    TXs2rgv.jpg

The way the lot looked when when Amena first bought it to have the house built. From Chapter 15.2 - January 2023 – part II: Lost Boy.

mswGk5t.png
    Evolution of the lot during spring, published at the bottom of Chapter 16.3 - May 2023 – Family and friends (and old enemies)

Screenshot-90.jpg
    The finished house in july from
    Chapter 17.2 – July 2023: Satellites and Astronauts

I have screenshots of progress being made on the house for May and June as well, but I didn't find the space to publish them, so now they only sit somewhere on my external hard drive.. :P

draapen21_solcelle_web-fullskjerm-desktop.jpg?ts=637964151677185808

..and this is the house in 'real life'. ;) It's a house called 'Dråpen' (The drop) from a Norwegian house bulilding firm..'Norgeshus', which basically just translates to 'Norwegian Houses'... PPS: I'm not sponsored by them at all, I just wanted something that felt a little closer to home in the game amidst all the American-ness already there... >:)
    "Tragedies and masterpieces" I remember having bought a B-Cake to early - ending up looking just like that one.
    I think the cake is just there from a previous resident of the house that aged up. The cake has four candles, which means that someone became and elder. I can't remember this exact moment, but it must be from early on in this save when I had aging off and had to go from house to house to manually age everyone up... The previous resident, which you all probably know as Agnes Rynkestjert (or Crumplebottom if you play an english version of the game...) has been dead here for some time and this house has been empty since then, until Ingrid decided to buy it...
    August:
    Robert, Robert, Robert first of all don't mess with mom - more importantly keep your thoughts of brothers girl.

Yeah... Ranveig is a little strict, but she does out of love. Her kids are very important to her. And the rest is just Robert being a teenage boy. :P
    Hmm, seems police officer Amena Alnuman rented Redwood Street, might be Ingrid 2nd home ?

No, Amena bought it. Ingrid has nothing to do with that. Ingrid is just her neighbour there.
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member
    @Sprottenham
    Tamijo Well, if someone is dead.. it's probably best to have them rest in peace, I would guess, unless they somehow return as a ghost or something. :P
    Those I mentioned able to reappear are those reported missing. Off course won't use the dead.
    No, Amena bought it. Ingrid has nothing to do with that. Ingrid is just her neighbour there.
    Got it.
    Lets hear more of the police woman, who can resist a girl in a uniform ;)
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • Options

Sinful Sisters
    Prologue
    Part 3: The Mountfield Estate

Fiona and Dan bought a 34 hectares estate in the hills, north of the small village of Mountfield, in Southern Calmore. The estate was mainly hilly forest, but some areas could be developed into hiking and recreational fishing grounds, providing some income for the family.

CvlZ0T1.jpg

The Emerald Falls was already developed into a beautiful tourist attraction.

zD1y9tp.jpg

The main source of income would without doubt be the Horse Ranch.

jix7JnQ.jpg

The private estate was huge, containing a large family home in natural stone and wood, with private stables and a small horse training ground next to the main building.

FOBW1Oh.jpg

User control: All of this.

My first take on Horses, both in the game and in real life, fell free to come up with tips on how to handle them.
    :p

My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • Options
    Just mucking about in Artbreeder - with my Sims - making them into photo-realistic people.

River McIrish-Chikamori
    KOuU8BE.jpg

Haruo Chikamori
    tyupj4M.jpg

Son
    PqVtS00.png

Daughter
    KjZ0T4B.jpg

~evil smirk~ I love messing around in Artbreeder with sims.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,888 Member
    @Katofhyrule12 its one of my favourites from Date Night on the store!
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2023

Appaloosa County
    Chapter 2: River Village Immigrants

Year 1 – January

The two other immigrant households both lives at Ednamary Way, at the south western corner of town.
    Today 62 years old Greg Preston, is the son of a restaurant owner. Greg Preston is a natural loner, after his young wife left him, he moved into the wilderness aiming to spend the rest of his life alone with his dog. Things developed differently and Greg founded what is now known as The River Village (at the time officially Greg's River), about 6 years later the village was flooded, and he escaped to Appaloosa County. Greg is a registered angler. Although he prefers time alone, Greg is nice to all living souls, from poisonous snakes to stubborn humans. Greg got many good survival skills and some leadership experience from his time in the wilderness.

Rvm3gZf.jpg

John Hallett was part of the first group of students moving to The River Village when he was 16 years old. Today John is 20, he fell in love with fellow student Myra Frances while living in the river cottage, today they are married. John is a friendly personality, with a good sense of humor. He can become a bit neurotic sometimes, but it tends to pass quiet quickly. John is completely obsessed with cars, something they did not have in the wilderness. Just as his mentor Greg, John got many good survival skills from his time in the forest. John aim to become a professional inventor. John and Myra lives in Greg Preston household.

crte8Yj.jpg

Myra Frances was 15 years old when she came to The River Village as a student. Myra grew up in a leading family in the mountain village Ent, but have chosen to stay with Greg and John. She is still on good terms with her mother and talk with her over the phone. Myra is now a little more than 19 years old. Recently graduated from high school, Myra took a job at Hueber Associates. She can seem a bit distracted at times and due to her upbringing, she is sort of snobbish, although she attempts to hide it. Not possible living in this home, but to be honest she would prefer just a single cat, to all the animals Greg has.

3CfUbB9.jpg

Besides the humans, the household contains two dogs, two snakes, a butterfly, four hens and a rooster. Most notably Pongo, a hunting dog of undetermined breed. The most important creature in Greg’s life. Pongo is now 11 years old. The other dog in the household is Razta, a puppy Greg bought from Nicholás Valiente shortly before the flodding.
    Pongo playing in the snow.

qsWmeyU.jpg

The last immigrant living in the town is Jane Harper, the former housemate of Jenny Richards. As a child here entire family was wiped out by criminals, she was taken as a slave, expected to do “favors” to the male gang members. She lives just across the street from Greg’s house. Jane got a difficult personality, living with a very dark and unpleasant side. Other aspects of her mental health, is also quite worrying, but she showed in her time at The River Village, a remarkably strength in her attempts to keep herself under control. The question is then, how will that play out in a town with a lot more people. Jane is between 38 and 42 years old, she doesn’t exactly know.

N5mRNPa.jpg

Editorial: Greg autonomously registered as angler, but as his personality and history prohibit him a “normal” job, it will be canceled, if he should attempt to get one
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    I been playing kingdom come deliverence lstely such a great game and wonderful story. Makes me want to play praaven again
  • Options

@GraceyManor
    Did read that Kingdom Come Deliverence, was a brilliant story driven game - and also quite hard to get into as the level of realism it absurd.
    I have Played RED DEAD REDEMTION II, a brilliant "western style" story driven game, and loved it.
    Can you give a short review ?
    "lstely" ? is that a DLC or ?
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Just managed to sort the majority of my cc downloads...and I'm going to run a Delphy's Desktop check on the cc to make sure that I didn't accidentally stick ANY TS4 mods/cc into my TS3 game.

Then it's another deep dive into TSR and other assorted other cc sites to get some clothes for River, Bebe and Samantha.

Ooooooooh...I really like this one... by Billsims...
    w-920h-690-3555587.jpg
    ~evil smirk~
    Oooh...trying to decide which one of these dresses I should use for River for her formal dress...
    KDFjOZA.png
    w4HB1IR.png
    0OsBbkL.png
    EjBSEIc.png

This cutout one is really...really...really...nice. ~evil smirk~
    CK3o3OA.png:mrgreen:

Then there's this one... ~slow, evil smirk~
    laoT5Mv.png
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member
    edited August 2023
    @Nikkei_Simmer
    I like the 2nd one with the side slit
    Post edited by texansky on
  • Options
    @Nikkei_Simmer

Wow, that is interesting. I had to check out this artbreeder thing, it would be very interesting to see what my sims might actually look like.

I only did one so far of Oliver Freddy and Roberts mother, from screenshots already taken to do family trees. I will do more later here and there.

Original shot from game:
    0LRlCdr.jpg

Artbreeder version:
    8DZXgLp.jpg

So that's it. She did lose some of her jawline which I think defines her face quite a lot, but still this does look like what I think she could actually look like. Meet Ranveig Motorsen (45 years old). Journalist at the Sunset Valley Gazette, Chess Champion and single mother of two.. Wow.
    th1das9.png
  • Options

LOL - ya - it is amazing what tools like that can do.
  • Options

Appaloosa County

Year 1 – January

Greg have come to think of Myra and John as family, he can’t help thinking about if and when they might leave him, will they come visit with children and all, or will they just forget “this old man”

fDwXmRJ.jpg

Norma Dahl used to have a mutual crush on Botan Nara. Those days are (hopefully) over, now she is just glad to see how happy they are together

tmAWHfR.jpg

Hailey haven’t really adjusted well to her job at the hospital, no promotion seems to be in sight. After work she is painting and drawing. If this can lead to different occupation, or will just remain a hobby, remains to be seem.

WAvXACq.jpg

Jazlyn is clearly still very mad at Kanoa. Rarely home if he is. Today she got a new hairstyle, new dress and took a taxi to the Broadway Disco. Might hope to find better male company than her husband.

kZugqht.jpg

The ice-skating rink at Lexington attracted many visitors throughout January. The Japanese was beginners, whereas Myra is quite fast after many hours at the lakes near River Village. Ethan getting better, but still insecure in traffic.

l3smtGP.jpg
  • Options
    Here is the next chapter of my story:

Chapter 17.4 – September 2023 – House warming party

Summary:

Screenshot-31.jpg

Amena goes to work hoping for her promotion, while George goes on an excursion with his school to the police station.

Screenshot-64.jpg
    Ingrids mother Kathrine is far into her pregnancy and spends her day hanging out at Amundsen and co. cartoons with Monica.

Screenshot-96.jpg

When Amena returns home from work, she does the most logical thing - to host a house warming party. ;)
    th1das9.png
  • Options

@Sprottenham
    I disagree with her therapist, taking a breather is usually a great idea.
    “Local nerd hangout”, that a first.
    Great chaotic party as sims parties are, food on the floor and all that.
  • Options
    @Tamijo

I see.. and I'm not going to disagree there, when it comes to taking an actual breather. However, that's not what I meant there as what she does is sit down on the floor to brood - or in other words, ruminate over things from the past, which any therapist I think actually would advice against, so..
    That's why I wrote 'take a breather' with the single quotation marks in the story post to show (or hint at) that it wasn't an actual breather. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
    th1das9.png
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    @Sprottenham
    It was clear enough - the comment was not meant to be takes that serious
  • Options

Appaloosa County

Year 1 – January

Benjamin is still the most lonely and miserable character. One day he got bitten by a Stuckbug, on his way to the Broadway Disco and had to hurry home. Another day he got robbed while sitting in his Sofa watching TV. Although Ralston did react, it was too late, and the thief got away with items worth 1000’s of §.

qiiQSYX.jpg

John Hallett spent a lot of time in or around the house, doing some housekeeping. He was also feeding and cleaning the cages of the snakes and a rat Greg recently brought in. Although it is potentially dangerous, John is not afraid, done it so often before.

Z0LjXj3.jpg

Jenny Richards worked for years at the Pegasus Café in River Village, she is a top qualified bar tender and could get a job at any venue in town. But she prefers a pub over more trendy and noisy establishments. Running short of cash, she took a job at The Watering Hole.

jWuS8Q4.jpg

Norma Dahl was invited to the home of Johnny Johnson and his mate Chuck. Both are clearly interested in the young woman. Norma like both men, but in the end chose to get involved with Johnny, a man almost double her age.

Ekeqyn0.jpg

While waiting for her clothes to finish at the public laundry at Bob-o-Link Drive. Shina Nara use the time to teach Daichi to walk.

hyx6d1e.jpg

I gave Jenny the job
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    *Tame* Excerpt from "The Chikamori Legacy"

c0I2Wkg.jpg
    It was 6:00 in the morning, the moon was still out and it was dark. Haruo sighed as he walked towards the bakery cafe so that he could get a brownie and a can of Pepsi before he headed off to his first class.

River and Bebe were headed to the library in order to get some studying done before first class. The past two days were blissful with River and the new stage in their intimacy.
    W2nmTXO.jpg
    Although it was interesting to say the least. Haruo didn’t think he was any great shakes as a guy but River turned heads. And he could feel judging stares from guys thinking, “How’s that guy with such a hot girl like her?” He grinned at the fact that River chose him out of all the guys that she could have had.
    al0lMu1.jpg
    Even though she thought herself as not much to look at, she was a beauty. The true beauties had that girl-next-door look to them. They were able to turn heads with a little makeup and lip gloss. And when River got dolled up to the nines, she could inflict guys with whiplash. While other guys drooled over the town tramp who reputedly had a list of bedmates so long, if rolled out in its entirety would span the circumference of the earth twenty-six times and had to pancake makeup on so thick, one would think she was a student of the Tammy Faye Bakker School of Cosmetology; either that, or clown school.
    7TSCxYS.jpg
    And Haruo considered himself a lucky guy, one: that River was so patient with his idiosyncrasies, two: she supported him wholeheartedly and three: that she was willing to partner with an irritable grouchy bear like him. He truly was fortunate.

Haruo found Chem class intriguing but having to understand the chemical compositions was headache inducing. And by the time he was out of that class, combinations of chemicals and their scientific compositions such as sodium hexahydrate and manganese trisulsphate were dancing the tarantella around in his cranial orifice, lively enough to induce nausea. Perfect for his next class at two in the afternoon…
    SuWkxVE.jpg
    Biology! He looked at his watch. 11:45AM. Just enough time to go and get himself a burger, fries and a Pepsi from the local burger shop, who else, McDonald’s. He’d get it to go, come back to the campus, plunk himself on a chair and study whilst eating and drinking…what was the subject at the moment?

Oh, yeah, that’s right…the digestive system. Hopefully he’d have time for number two before class.
    ~smirk~
    GYZ6Ak9.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top