Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Q&A: Horse Ranch

Comments

• Options
    aeval99aeval99 Posts: 25 Member
    I have regular residential lot, one sim and horse/horses. I don't play with them unless needing some editing.

My other sims visit their lot, knock the door like usually, after that they can do all the things with horses. No always welcome trait needed for that. (Tho if my sim cooks or uses bathroom, I still have the trait. ) :)
    Excellent idea! Thank you. I will try that.

• Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    I have two tiny questions about the items.

- do the storage chest have their own separate inventory like the ones from DU or do they share inventory with other chests like the base game chests?
    - there is a clothing item that slots to a rack. Can we combine them with the ones from dream home decorator. Is it possible to hang the clothes from horse ranch on the dream home decorator rack and the other way around?
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    From the aspiration for sims as nectarbrewers. How do I get it to count, when they sell their bottles? I have tried selling them off the "pocket", selling them at the market place and selling them to the mysterious farmer. Nothing counts. Is this a bug?
    JSNRFOr.jpg
  • Options
    QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    edited August 2023
    > @marvelscale said:
    > Hello! Very sorry if this is the wrong place for this - but I seem to have 2 instances of Chestnut Ridge upon starting up the expansion. Is this a known issue?

Just to follow up in case anyone else has this issue, using "repair game" fixed this problem for me!

When you had this issue, did you have any active households in the first Chestnut Ridge? And if were they affected by the repair?
    I just noticed that I have 2 worlds too, and before I do a repair cause I've spent 3 irl days already playing and building and redoing it after my own taste. And I don't wanna loose any of my work.

Edit:
    I repaired my game but I still got 2 Chestnut Ridge worlds.
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I have two tiny questions about the items.

- do the storage chest have their own separate inventory like the ones from DU or do they share inventory with other chests like the base game chests?
    - there is a clothing item that slots to a rack. Can we combine them with the ones from dream home decorator. Is it possible to hang the clothes from horse ranch on the dream home decorator rack and the other way around?

Chest inventories?
    Haven't tested yet, sorry.

Modular dresser clothes?
    Yes.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    From the aspiration for sims as nectarbrewers. How do I get it to count, when they sell their bottles? I have tried selling them off the "pocket", selling them at the market place and selling them to the mysterious farmer. Nothing counts. Is this a bug?
    JSNRFOr.jpg

There's a bug where multi-selling (via inventory) isn't counting towards the Aspiration. Try selling them individually for now. I'm not sure if other methods count it (haven't checked).
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    edited August 2023
    Thanks for answer, It is just weird, because all of the sudden it "repaired" itself. Does anybody know if only selling from inventory counts, or does it count selling to Roberto or to Crumblebottoms stand?

I am so silly, I have trouble with letting my sims drink from the bottle or share drinks, because it seems like the different variations of nectar has different impulse on their behavior??
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    Yes, they have. Strawberry nectar will make them flirty. ;)
  • Options
    Tan80Tan80 Posts: 72 Member
    Do you have to have all the packs to make all the bottles of nectar?
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Tan80 wrote: »
    Do you have to have all the packs to make all the bottles of nectar?

I have a feeling only Realm of Magic, Vampires, and Werewolves, but if I'm wrong, correct me.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    edited August 2023
    @Tan80 I think only the 3 nectars made on occult ingredients might be out of reach.

Here are the ingredients used, I think most are base game crops (not sure about Lemon and Spinach).

3 grapes
    3 apples
    3 strawberries
    3 potatos
    3 prairie grass hay
    3 trash fruit
    2 lemon, 1 any herb

3 valerian root
    3 plasma fruit
    3 moonpetals
    3 any fruit
    3 any berry
    1 death flower, 2 spinach

Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,608 Member
    [img][/img]53118749975_3669ec14ae_k.jpgScreenshot 2023-08-15 at 11.53.33 AM by leucosia x, on Flickr
    Are sims supposed to change into socks, slippers, or sock boots to make nectar?

I thought it was something done with bare feet. Not sure if I have a bug or cc is doing it, but all my sims slip into something even if they were previously barefoot. I wish I could fix this.
  • Options
    LeucosiaX wrote: »
    [img][/img]53118749975_3669ec14ae_k.jpgScreenshot 2023-08-15 at 11.53.33 AM by leucosia x, on Flickr

I thought it was something done with bare feet. Not sure if I have a bug or cc is doing it, but all my sims slip into something even if they were previously barefoot. I wish I could fix this.

It might be because the outfit is a full body outfit?

I had a laugh when my Butler jumped into the nectar making thing with his shoes on, but those shoes are part of his full body uniform and can not be removed. So he was excused ;)
  • Options

It might be because the outfit is a full body outfit?

I had a laugh when my Butler jumped into the nectar making thing with his shoes on, but those shoes are part of his full body uniform and can not be removed. So he was excused ;)

@Simmerville this is not a full outfit- these are cc sock boots. I got so frustrated, I found the cc and removed it. When I tried to make nectar again, with this vampire, she put on adidas slippers. I actually like the adidas slippers cc for some of my other characters, so I don't want to delete them.

Then I tried another household, she put yellow socks on, when she was already barefoot. I mean, just gross. I was planning on selling this nectar.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    What happens if I move out the woman who works at the equestrian center? Will the game just create a new? Can I use her lot?
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    What happens if I move out the woman who works at the equestrian center? Will the game just create a new? Can I use her lot?

I'm pretty sure that an NPC like that will just be replaced with another. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though!
  • Options

I'm pretty sure that an NPC like that will just be replaced with another. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though!

Thanks. Maybe I could move her to the "other households" unplayed, and she would still be around, unless she needs to live in Chestnut Ridge... I don't need her replaced, just wanting her lot :)
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member

Thanks. Maybe I could move her to the "other households" unplayed, and she would still be around, unless she needs to live in Chestnut Ridge... I don't need her replaced, just wanting her lot :)

She will probably be replaced if you delete her.

However, I would also bet that she is like the pub owner in Henford. I moved that household out of the their home, but did not delete them; the wife is still the pub owner, and the husband still hangs around the village all the time, too.

I haven't moved her out yet, but probably will do so soon. I like her as a townie, but have other things in mind for the lot.
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member

I moved her to another house and am playing her. The game created another sim to work at the equestrian center.
  • Options

Sorry I'm late.

I feel like the indoor shoe rules from Snowy Escape (remove shoes indoors or put on slippers) can prevent sims from removing their socks when they are making nectar.

In addition, leggings won't be removed. Only socks should be removed.
  • Options
    EgonVM wrote: »

Sorry I'm late.

I feel like the indoor shoe rules from Snowy Escape (remove shoes indoors or put on slippers) can prevent sims from removing their socks when they are making nectar.

@EgonVM I never understood the whole snowy escape - how why they take off their shoes. How do you do this? buy a shoe rack and click on it to create settings? Never saw the option to.
  • Options
    EgonVM wrote: »

Sorry I'm late.

@EgonVM I never understood the whole snowy escape - how why they take off their shoes. How do you do this? buy a shoe rack and click on it to create settings? Never saw the option to.

Kind of like that. You need one of the base game shoe racks or Snowy Escape's "No Shoes" sign (both located under decorations). Once you have bought them, you can click on one of them for three options: don't remove shoes indoors, remove shoes indoors, and wear slippers indoors. When one of the last two options are applies, sims will change their shoes automatically when they go indoors. Some sims (except Proper sims) sometimes don't remove shoes indoors, but getting caught will get them to remove their shoes and be embarrassed.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    > @marvelscale said:
    > Hello! Very sorry if this is the wrong place for this - but I seem to have 2 instances of Chestnut Ridge upon starting up the expansion. Is this a known issue?

Just to follow up in case anyone else has this issue, using "repair game" fixed this problem for me!

When you had this issue, did you have any active households in the first Chestnut Ridge? And if were they affected by the repair?
    I just noticed that I have 2 worlds too, and before I do a repair cause I've spent 3 irl days already playing and building and redoing it after my own taste. And I don't wanna loose any of my work.

Edit:
    I repaired my game but I still got 2 Chestnut Ridge worlds.

@QueenSaraphine That is a known bug with a workaround, although it's annoying.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Maps-from-DLC-appearing-twice-on-Overview-page/m-p/11565374
    Some mods can cause this problem too, so maybe check if it happens without mods to narrow down the cause.
  • Options
    PifflePrincessPifflePrincess Posts: 106 Member
    Is there a way to buy nectar bottles without having to make it?

Also, weird question, if put a bottle in a rack and then move lot, does the bottle stay in the rack on that lot, or is it returned to me in my inventory?
    Console player (PS). Finally reached 1000+ hours on The Sims 4.
  • Options
    Is there a way to buy nectar bottles without having to make it?

Also, weird question, if put a bottle in a rack and then move lot, does the bottle stay in the rack on that lot, or is it returned to me in my inventory?

If you have Get To Work nectar can be sold on retail lots. They get rather expensive though, but I guess that's fine with the richer sims ;)