Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Did You Know Thread On Horse Ranch

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    Lenny_Ogg wrote: »
    e5210f11682568833ecf5d140b09f4fd85546300.jpg
    Between Midnight and 1am you can meet a ghost horse in Galloping Gulch!
    0a58b317bf36bd4a175564b495fe8b4c189cf102.jpg
    It probably died when the bridge broke :,(
    There is also it's gravestone with the engraving 'Unknown Horse'.
    23b950a47bfde2e0edd28ab92f31ee74c9df779e.jpg
    Then I thought there is an alligator crawling out of the water! ö.ö
    But it was just a branch ^^'
    33602f4c9505e6b0917db1deb2f399efe7899a4d.jpg

This is so awesome! I love did you know threads, lol.
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,024 Member
    I just bought the expensive black sheep (§2000) and checked the sell price of black wool. I had no idea! 😮 One unit is worth §200 for normal quality and §300 for excellent. All other sheep wool is §40 (normal) and §60 (excellent) simoleons per unit.
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    edited August 2023
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    edited August 2023
    Finally, after all that frustration, I finally found the age durations in the tuning files!

So I'll share horse age durations here!
    • Foal
      • Short: 3.5 days
      • Normal: 7 days
      • Long: 28 days
    • Adult
      • Short: 25 days
      • Normal: 50 days
      • Long: 200 days
    • Elder
      • Short: 6.5 days
      • Normal: 13 days
      • Long: 52 days

It also seems like age variance is turned off for horses, so I guess all horses have same life span duration...
  • Options

Here is the The Sims 4 Horse Riding Skill: Master the Reins! guide from Sims Community 🏇

2023-07-24_15-51-20-134_ellanora-by-ellcrze-1536x864.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,975 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Finally, after all that frustration, I finally found the age durations in the tuning files!

• Foal
    • Adult
    • Elder

It also seems like age variance is turned off for horses, so I guess all horses have same life span duration...
    Can you turn off aging for the horses, lambs, and goats like you can for other animals?
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    EgonVM wrote: »

• Foal
    • Adult
    • Elder

Can you turn off aging for the horses, lambs, and goats like you can for other animals?

Like with sims, you can turn off horse aging by turning off aging for sims through Gameplay Options.

The animal aging setting does not affect horses, but lambs and goats.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Okay, I have a question - can't test this myself because I don't own Growing Together. Can an adult sim ride a horse while carrying an infant in the baby carrier at the same time?
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    Beware the new iron stove fireplace in the Horse Ranch pack! My sim had a barbecue and a sim guest walked into the house and lit the fireplace (on a very hot summer day!) and it immediately set a chair on fire! My sim put out the fire and the fireplace and continued with the barbecue holiday. The guest sim went right back in, lit the fireplace, and a larger fire started! I took the fireplace out and plan to replace it only when my sim has a high enough handiness skill to immediately upgrade to fireproof. Just started playing these sims, so no handy skill yet as concentrated on their horses for the first few days. At least he earned some money with the insurance and the firefighter who showed up at the first fire and paid him $48 for putting the fire out so quickly. I love the craziness of this game, but the poor guy doesn't need any more fires in his house! LOL
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    3ad7701bd9708bd90604d2cb66ff18f3e37a7029.jpg

3c472de8b1b9187430e06f5b39af443d45299d2e.jpg

Did you know the the rock formation in the background is the 'Trusty Steed Rock' mentioned in the description of Rider's Glen?
    It's supposed to look like the head of a horse.
    (It took me a quite while to notice it lol)

46a2f2034aa06f122d6796113ec70eda947b4492.jpg
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    Did you know that mini goats and sheep can be gifted to sims outside the household as a "friendly gift"? I gotta smile every time I watch a sim receiving the little box and looking inside, - Oh, a goat! I would never have guessed! :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    @Simmerville Interesting--but do the NPC sims ever take the goat/sheep out of their inventory after it's been gifted to them? 🤔 😕
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    lanlyn wrote: »
    @Simmerville Interesting--but do the NPC sims ever take the goat/sheep out of their inventory after it's been gifted to them? 🤔 😕

Probably not, but I play rotationally so I can help them with that :) Probably no point in gifting a sim not living on a lot anyway, but I thought it was sweet when my sim gifted a goat to her elderly mother, who actually resides on a farm. I already switched households just to let the poor goat out :)
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I dont know if anyone noticed but if you like rotational play your nectar can still age, but far slower than if you just speed 3 one house. I thought it wouldn't.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    ...I already switched households just to let the poor goat out :)
    @Simmerville Awesome! I love this option. 👍
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited August 2023
    DYK that you can "take photo of.." a horse?
    Unlike cats and dogs there is no "simstagram" option on the phone/camera for horses but they work like human sims instead, they even have poses (not alot of difference and I think there are only 3 but better than nothing).
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    edited August 2023
    The reward trait for the 'Expert Nectar Maker' aspiration is pretty awesome 🍷

9c96063e77c45e5342fbfdcc4a27e9cdc6179da0.jpg
  • Options
    When my sim and horse crashed the jump bar I always had my sim dismount to fix the Jump. I even thought it would be wise bringing an Assistant (who could fix jump bars). Now I realized that sims can actually fix those jump bars while on the horse, so no need to dismount (or to bring that Assistant) :)
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 704 Member
    Did you know that there is a place where you can swim in Chestnut Ridge? It is in the Gallopping Gulch neighbourhood near a small fall. It is at the north west of the map. You can see it from the Big sky reach Lot.