Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which landscape would you have chosen for a horse pack?

Β«1
Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
edited August 2023 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
There are so many possibilities!
Which landscape would you have chosen for a horse pack?
Chestnut Ridge as the fourth US american desert world in Sims 4 is not my favourite (at all),
so I picked a few alternatives around the world(s)
and maybe you have the ideal world for horses in mind? Let us know!

Here is with what I think would have been great alternatives:
(These are places on this planet where wild horses live/ except for Rohan ;))

a80bc957fcd151bbfaf0b167c4c4759bb0062821.jpg

75613bafc3645d21159cff6caa8f6398f097d286.jpg
d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Which landscape would you have chosen for a horse pack? 62 votes

Rohan - Middle-earth
9%
SimplyJenDragonAge_300905EnkiSchmidtLiELFAtreya33Lady_Ballora 6 votes
Sardinia - Italy
6%
Colorist40freindlylolLenny_OggDaniRose2143 4 votes
Northern Territory - Australia
11%
lori171957loubyloulouhellohannah2blueyblueskyDuskregnSharoniaHavenRose 7 votes
Exmoor - Great Britain
4%
grevilliablueMariefoxprice83DarkLady2788 3 votes
Duelmen - Germany
9%
alanmichael1DoloresGreyLola SwannTodilooSeashoreLiviashobontea 6 votes
Sable Island - Canada
4%
SERVERFRASimAlexandrianetney52 3 votes
My favourite world for horses is: ... (let us know in the comments)
6%
Simsister2004OldeseadoggeAmapola76ZazzyKittyn 4 votes
I don't care because my horses live in another Sims 4 world of my choice
1%
WildIrishBanshee 1 vote
I think Chestnut Ridge is the best world for a horse pack
45%
crocobauraBluegayleJadeleineSara1010PCabelle1863Isb917keekee53kokoro80simgirl1010Mindofyspice3Serendipity38ImSandsSheriSim57StarfreeRedShoe7Hearts4uhappyopiDrakosRavenSpit 28 votes

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited August 2023
    I would have made some changes to the world to make it bit more interactive in certain areas

aaand I also would have steered the build items to be bit more old west rather than modern farmhouse

but I think world theme itself was right choice for horse pack

we also have so many lawn/forest style worlds already in the game that we can use for horsing around

and I was needing more space for my Strangetown area anyway so I am just happy I finally have some

even with Oasis Springs, Del Sol Valley and Strangerville combined there really was not enough space for all the fun

I do however think nectar making really feels like something that should have been in mws rather but we all know the mess that pack release was so :sweat_smile: guess we should just be happy it wasn't there to be bugged too
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,930 Member
    I have enough total green worlds, in game AND irl... I personally love Chestnut Ridge <3

Goes right up to my top 4 worlds with Henford, Sulani and OS (Yes Im the weirdo who still loves Oasis Springs, despite all other newer worlds)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Duelmen - Germany
    I'm living only 100 km away from DΓΌlmen. I would love a Westphalian world! It's a wonderful green horse region here with modern and old Fachwerk farms, historic churches and baroque palaces.
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Perhaps I am a dreamer, but I would really wish for native indians and their special ponies and a landscape from BEFORE the white man drove the indians out of their land.
  • Options
    blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,373 Member
    As an Aussie the options were a no brainer for me. Though I do love Chestnut Ridge.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I realize there are a lot of people that dislike this world for no other reason than it is another American world. I see that said quite a lot. However, being from America myself, I would not have chosen anything different. I think the world is beautiful and it is the only desert world in the game that I actually like.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,977 Member
    I like Chestnut Ridge so far. Because it’s a desert world their us not a lot of precipitation, which I think makes it better for riding. I do wish we would have not had a rabbit hole competition however. I also wish we would have had more 40x30 lots in ths pack rather than smaller lots however. I liked the way they gave us some desert and some prairie lots.

I don’t think EA is wanting to put a lot of resources into the Sims 4 since they are working on the sims 5. To study new far away locations costs money. I’m glad to see they are addressing the bug fixes in the pack fairly quickly.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Sardinia - Italy
    @Sara1010P I do no dislike it because it's another US american world.
    I dislike it it because it's the fourth american desert world and the 17th (of 24) north american world in sims 4 and imo there are better alternatives. It's just kind of boring for me seeing the same landscape all over again and again...
    This world is so big and amazing and divers, why chose the same kind of world for the fourth time?
    I just don't get it when there are so so many possibilities?

EDIT: We're almost at the end of Sims 4. How many worlds will we still get? Maybe 2?
    This makes be a bit sad because there are so many worlds we haven't seen.
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    @Sara1010P I do no dislike it because it's another US american world.
    I dislike it it because it's the fourth american
    desert world and the 17th (of 24) north american world in sims 4 and imo there are better alternatives. It's just kind of boring for me seeing the same landscape all over again and again...
    This world is so big and amazing and divers, why chose the same kind of world for the fourth time?
    I just don't get it when there are so so many possibilities?

That's great and all, but I wasn't speaking of you or anyone specifically, just observing what I have seen stated a whole lot. It is also not the same landscape to me that the other 3 are. I don't like the other 3 and I do like this one. It is more appealing to me than the others are and not in the least boring to me. But again, I am American so I am probably just biased.
  • Options
    Sardinia - Italy
    @Sara1010P Yes, I understood that. I just wanted to show the other point of view, why others might think like this.
    Even an us american could be interested in other parts of the world when there are already so many (17 of 24) us american worlds (?)
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    The way I think about it

say I were to make italy world for example and that was all I knew, would I really think about horses being the main activity? would i be happy with the pack if it was just about horses and missed out on other italy stuff? not really :sweat_smile: also would i be like "aw man this italy pack is so bad it doesn't even have horses" if it had the other stuff instead? eh not really either.

american west just makes you instantly think about horses and its like really the main activity so like yeah. it would be like kinda weird to have american west pack minus horses and it kinda isnt weird its mostly about horses too
  • Options
    @Sara1010P Yes, I understood that. I just wanted to show the other point of view, why others might think like this.
    Even an us american could be interested in other parts of the world when there are already so many (17 of 24) us american worlds (?)

No one said you couldn't be. I get why others don't like it, I like getting American worlds. As I said, I am biased. Don't worry, if they do add other worlds that are not American I won't boycott those packs or complain about them. I like the none American worlds we have now.
  • Options
    Sardinia - Italy
    @Simmingal I think they first decided it's time for a horse pack and the decided which world. So they could have chosen any world?
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I would of liked something less American. I'm not really into the cowboy theme. My vote went to Australia. :)
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I think if they had gone for another "green world" it wouldnt have fit with the cowboy stuff and felt more like an add on to cottage living.
    The theme of the world and bb is what sets these two packs apart imo.

Besides that, I dont really know much about horses or equestrian stuff so idk what kinda world would fit horses AND would add a new equally horse fitting bb theme.

Only thing I am very disappointed in is the basically non existant representation & incorporation of native american culture in the pack.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    @Simmingal I think they first decided it's time for a horse pack and the decided which world. So they could have chosen any world?

I mean they could have but I just feel western world was the right pick in big picture u know
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Sable Island - Canada
    We Canadian simmers need to be represented considering we are very close neighbours to Americans.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    @SERVERFRA as a fellow Canadian i almost chose the Island as well just 'because' but really love the more western feel of Chestnut Ridge.

All those years growing up watching Roy Rogers and listening to the "Sons of the Pioneers", reading the Palomino book series and every other horse series I could get my hands on. Think it influenced me a lot. LOL
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,430 Member
    edited August 2023
    Rohan - Middle-earth
    Rohan of course. Nothing better than a fantasy world with elves and wizards ;)

But since we don't have Rohan in the game, I think I will mainly have horses in Henford on Bagley and chestnut Ridge. Henford, especially the bramble wood offers a lot of free space in a green environment and I think sheep fit in nicely with the farms in this world. And also a great place for spellcasters to live. I also like what I have seen of chestnut ridge so far. I always liked oasis springs and this feels like oasis springs part 2, so I am all for it.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    Argentina/Brazil/Chile. Although Australia would also have been a very strong contender.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Dragon Land.

U9d5Mpn.png
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Argentina/Brazil/Chile. Although Australia would also have been a very strong contender.

I like the western setting because it's not generic. All those locations you mention would have looked alike, quite like the pictures in the original post, where all I am seeing is horses on grass.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Rohan - Middle-earth
    Rohan - Middle-earth πŸ€“ but I don't mind Chestnut Ridge.

What I really wanted was proper occult unicorns and saloon doors !! That's not what this thread is about? oops
    i7-13700K β€’ 16GB β€’ RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    Rohan - Middle-earth
    Out of these options Rohan for sure.

However, when I think Wild West, I think of the movies I watched as a kid, the Winnetou movies and the Defa movies with Gojko Mitic. They were mostly filmed in Kroatia, so landscapes like these will always be the "real" wild west for me:

kroatien-winnetou-plitzwitzer-seen-silbersee.jpg

kroatien-winnetou-geier-wiese.jpg

Strangerville and Chestnut Ridge have way too much yellowish brown and orange for my taste in comparison.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Rohan - Middle-earth
    I mean, if you bring Middle Earth into it, of course I'm going to pick that. :p

But I'm okay with the southwest desert. It does say "Wild West" to me. But I do agree with @SimmingGal that I would have gone with an older, "lost era" look, to make it even more different from Cottage Living farming, and had a little more to it like wild horses that could be caught and tamed, actual Unicorns, bareback riding, group riding, maybe wild coyotes, and fewer rabbit holes, more playable venues.
    #Team Occult