Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horse Ranch Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,779 Member
    This pack has so many really nice looking western items.

Chayton Blackrock's girlfriend and future wife, Savanah Hickleberry.
    Savanah-Hickleberry.png
    Savanah main focus will be making and selling nectar.
    Savanah-Hickleberry-1a.png
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    @Hearts4u your sims are awesome, I especially like Chayton, he sends my heart a-flutter 😊
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    Just loving those mini sheep and goats though!
    My rags to riches sim is just setting up his farm and isnt quite ready for a horse. I was having trouble keeping his social needs up...
    enter the mini's!! Now he has someone to talk to!!LOL

They are also going to be a great way of giving your sims pets without losing a slot. My main family is already 7 (2 adults, 3 kids, cat and dog) not to mention the 5 chickens, cow, hamster and goldfish! Now the 2 youngest can both have pets, a rescue foal for the son and 2 mini sheep for the granddaughter.
    I guess that means a ranch hand will be joining the butler and gardener on staff!
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member

Im playing my vanilla save still for few days, slowly getting mods folder totally redone again. Just allowed that in its NS, curious to see who adopts and what :D
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    This is the first pack that I am keeping all the original Sims in. They look so interesting to play.
    The rest of the packs in my new Save, I'm importing my own made Sims in, merging in CAS and evicting some of the originals when I've got hold of their house!
  • Options

I already checked this.....and waited to see what sims adopted horses into wildly inappropriate homes.
    Of course then I had to go round and try and add stables for all the poor horses!
  • Options
    PifflePrincessPifflePrincess Posts: 106 Member
    Has anyone found an effective way to keep mini sheeps and goats locked into a fenced area?
    If I lock the gate for "All Animals" they still get out. And as much as I love to see them hanging around my legacy family, I tend to lost sight of them when it's time to take care of them.
    Console player (PS). Finally reached 1000+ hours on The Sims 4.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Has anyone found an effective way to keep mini sheeps and goats locked into a fenced area?
    If I lock the gate for "All Animals" they still get out. And as much as I love to see them hanging around my legacy family, I tend to lost sight of them when it's time to take care of them.

It's not the best solution, but maybe a double gate. The first one for horses and/or other animals, the second just for goats. So like, an entry gate to the main gate.

I was doing locks by clicking each type of animal separately, but whenever I left the lot for any reason I would redo all the locks just in case. It seemed to work for the most part but I can't be sure because winter hit and I moved all the goats and sheep to the barn and kept the horses in the outdoor corral with the shed. The goats and sheep stayed secure that way.

I suspect that what is happening is that the locks disengage if you go to map view, CAS, or leave the lot. At least for the goats.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Surprised how good the builds are in the pack. The builders they chose to do these really did a great job.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options

It seems to run into difficulty if it has to lock for multiple types. I havent had any trouble locking gates for pens that only contain sheep or goats.

I was having trouble seeing my free range sheep though but seeing as they are objects I just sized them up to make them regular sheep! Works pretty well, although some of the animations do become abit cursed (seeing my sim heft a humungous sheep up for a cuddle was funny though!!LOL).

• Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    edited July 2023

I've been locking mine category by category. I.e.,: "All Goats & Mini Sheep," "All Chickens," etc., adding one after the other, and that seems to be working so far.

ETA: it's possible they have not been added to the "all animals" category yet, and will have to be updated later.
  • Options
    BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    edited August 2023
    Sea-Horse :D
    embed?resid=FAF926BA1F75964F%2155078&authkey=%21ALa-6iKS4lQDkjk&width=1600&height=1200
    Post edited by Bonxie on
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    This pack has so many really nice looking western items.

Chayton Blackrock's girlfriend and future wife, Savanah Hickleberry.
    Savanah-Hickleberry.png
    Savanah main focus will be making and selling nectar.
    Savanah-Hickleberry-1a.png

Oh, you!
    Here I am not thinking much of the clothing theme and there you are slapping together cool outfits. ;)
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    edited August 2023
    Looks like I am pretty experimental today.

You can do really great things with this pack B)

Here we go: GHOSTRIDERS, yay!

embed?resid=FAF926BA1F75964F%2155079&authkey=%21ALa-6iKS4lQDkjk&width=1600&height=1200

embed?resid=FAF926BA1F75964F%2155080&authkey=%21ALa-6iKS4lQDkjk&width=1600&height=1200
    Post edited by Bonxie on
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • Options
    The_MercuriaThe_Mercuria Posts: 159 Member

Hey, I posted about saves not saving but I have two instances of the new world! When I log into one of their, all my gameplay is there. When I log into the other (unused) world, it's a brand new world with no gameplay saved.

That explains my perceived bug. I'mma log in soon and see if that's been fixed.
  • Options
    The_MercuriaThe_Mercuria Posts: 159 Member

Now, more uplifting thoughts on Horse Ranch...

OHMYGODDESS! I can't believe how much I love this pack!

Honestly, I've never sought out Western movies/books, I don't like cowboy boots, chaps are goofy (although I made a bunch in There for a Western themed event), I'm allergic to horses, log cabins have no appeal, you get the idea. I can deal with the outdoors and bugs but don't mow grass, much less machete it. LOL

I look forward to new packs and enjoy new clothing, new objects, building and decorating.
    I looked at Horse Ranch as being overpriced and probably not to my liking but I had to have it. As Simmers, we tend to collect all the packs, we have to have them!

Sorry, that all sounds neg ...

I think Horse Ranch might be my favorite EP. I usually build, I've taken a liking to tiny homes, chickens, and gardening.
    But this pack, with all the things I thought I'd never use, is beyond my expectations! The CAS items are beautiful, the bandana as a necklace is something I've wanted forever, the colours and combinations are fun. Okay, I do wish we had more jewelry representing Native culture. An update with a right hand ring and som bracelets would be great. There's no such thing as too much jewelry!

Build/Buy has so many items that are too rustic to me - until now. The textures are amazing and I've thoroughly enjoyed creating houses that I've never built before. I can truly be creative with all the unfamiliar objects and textures.

The world is gorgeous! I never thought I'd take to a canyon type world but I adore it. Exploring it has been fun. I have a beautiful dark haired Sim named Lita. She has a remodeled lot in one game, with the money cheat and a small orchard but that's not real gameplay. I downloaded her to my other game and am playing for real. She has one of the big lots and is going to be a rancher. I love that challenge.

I do very little gameplay - Michaela the cop, lives in a trailer in Sulani, the couple raising chickens and a dog, and now Lita. Lita is going to find love, have kids, they're all going to be ranchers! Finally I'm going to have my own "let's play", just not on YouTube.

Thank you to the artists who created such beautiful content - amazing scripting, morphs, physics, textures, etc.

🐴❤️

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Surprised how good the builds are in the pack. The builders they chose to do these really did a great job.
    I agree. I finally got around to checking out the builds today and I think there's only one I don't like. The one called, I think, Champion Grove - I evicted the household and replaced the Lot with an amazing Western rec centre I found on the gallery.

I especially love the bar and 'nightclub', I had intended to replace them with different lot types but they're too nice to change so I'm keeping them.

And now I can't make up my mind which lot to place my main sims in, spoilt for choice.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,779 Member
    @Hearts4u your sims are awesome, I especially like Chayton, he sends my heart a-flutter 😊

@elanorbreton ...Happy you like them. Chayton tends to have that effect. :)

@ck213 .... That is why I like to take my time when I'm in CAS. Plus, this pack has so many wonderful pieces to select from. I just want the whole world to feel western and these outfits will help me accomplish that. :p
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    LewanaM00nLewanaM00n Posts: 321 Member
    I'm very happy so far, having a ton of fun. The only thing bothering me is the lack of genetics, clones are annoying :D