The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
February 23rd - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horse Ranch Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,421 Member
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 784 Member
    I was able to create my sims for my new gameplay yesterday and plan to spend time today updating my ranches with items from the pack so I can actually play! I only have a few minor disappointments, (the lack of items for children and younger in CAS, rocking horse and household limit), but I would have bought this pack no matter what as I love horses and wanted them in my game. I can't wait to actually play! Hoping we will get more western themed items in kits for the little ones to have. Will buy a kit like that immediately! I love the town and especially the ability to ride your horses in other worlds. Definitely will be exploring all places possible with my sims and their horses!
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,392 Member

This is part of the pack? Like there's an actual Icabod Crane NPC? Or you can make a headless horseman to play with? If that's the case my interest just went up a hundred fold. Still waiting for bug reports to come in first though. :)

@GrimlyFiendish I wish it was part of the pack! Alas, it is a mod/cc. I downloaded it because I do want to try it out.
    #Team Occult
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I loveeee how much kids can interact with horses, really <3 With this and all the Growing Together additions and functioning high school, family play has finally become so fun
    J2yTne7.png
    L40FAoF.png
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited July 2023
    Nevermind the question was answered.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    I agree simtrippy! I don't take for granted how they try to include kids in everything now! I wanted that for years. I have a family with two kids that will be thrilled to get a pony soon! If I can ever get around to it because there are so many things I want to do and no time for it all 😆
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,879 Member
    Here's my sim who is from the city and knows absolutely nothing about taking care of horses. She bought a ranch and is giving it a go. We'll figure it out together. Did I mention she bought 14 sheep and goats, a llama, and chickens? No...well, she jumped in head first!

Hz6z0IF.jpg
    The obsession is real. 😄
    Everyone deserves a unicorn.
    JR0e2HR.jpeg
    B8RxCFl.jpeg
    4ThvqMm.jpeg
    I'm having so much fun assigning horses I haven't gotten to anything else in the pack 😅
    My spellcasting warriors are now complete 😌
  • The_MercuriaThe_Mercuria Posts: 155 Member

Horse Ranch is adorable! I didn't think I'd like it so much but the world is pretty and the animals are way more expressive than I expected.
    There are bugs (saves not saving) but building with the new objects is really fun and I don't even like country/ranch stuff. LOL
    One thing I'm thrilled about? BANDANAS! I've wanted bandanas in the necklace category since day one! I'm so happy to have them now!

There are bugs (saves won't save) but I can work around them. I just woke up, I have my first cup of coffee, and I'mma blow off adulting and log in to buy some goats. I hope they mow the wild grass.
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 668 Member
    I hate liking the Horse Pack but I like the Horse Pack. I had so much fun so far and I havent even explored nectar making and the events. Horse value increasing over time due to skills and traits is my favorite feature. I wonder how high my horse's value can go. I didnt expect to have so much fun with this pack although I still think its not as necessary as other packs. Chestnut Ridge is quickly becoming on my favorite worlds in the game.
    edited July 2023
    TTNsimmer wrote: »
    I hate liking the Horse Pack but I like the Horse Pack. I had so much fun so far and I havent even explored nectar making and the events. Horse value increasing over time due to skills and traits is my favorite feature. I wonder how high my horse's value can go. I didnt expect to have so much fun with this pack although I still think its not as necessary as other packs. Chestnut Ridge is quickly becoming on my favorite worlds in the game.

I didn't even realize there were any events and I have been playing this pack for like 15 hours xD
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    TTNsimmer wrote: »

I didn't even realize there were any events and I have been playing this pack for like 15 hours xD

Ohh you mean like the ranch events you can organize for fundraising?
  • FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 450 Member

Done! Thank you for the suggestion!
  • BlackGirl73BlackGirl73 Posts: 66 Member
    The obsession is real. 😄
    Everyone deserves a unicorn.
    I'm having so much fun assigning horses I haven't gotten to anything else in the pack 😅
    My spellcasting warriors are now complete 😌

I'm also totally busy creating unicorns. I could have a world full of unicorns in every color. B)

• RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,781 Member
    lqEykr0h.png
    It is kind of like she gave up the clean bed for her daughter, mother's love I suppose.
    TJehCIUh.png
    This is so pretty<3
    AiVHWjNh.png
    They got another horse, I would have liked to get the whole group but I think my lamb was hiding in the grass there and Gideon is anti-social most of the time.

I should probably stop obsessively playing...
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,392 Member
    Does anyone know if there's a way to age up foals when you have aging off? That's been the main obstacle for me when playing with animals. Is there a cheat?
    #Team Occult
  • UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there's a way to age up foals when you have aging off? That's been the main obstacle for me when playing with animals. Is there a cheat?

There are age up treats. My sim has found a few harvesting prairie grass. Sadly they are not available for purchase at the vet. Maybe try debug.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,294 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

There are age up treats. My sim has found a few harvesting prairie grass. Sadly they are not available for purchase at the vet. Maybe try debug.

You can buy them from the grocery store. :smile: Not sure if they are available every day, but I saw them for sale on two different occasions.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,155 Member
    😢 my almost new pc just quit on me and my tech is going away for 10 days. 😭
    I waited so long for horses and now have to take a break. There’s a slim chance he can get here before he leaves however I don’t think it’s an on the spot repair. Fingers crossed 🤞
    For me please.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I'm enjoying watching the Let's Play videos coming out now. The world is gorgeous! I think I'll enjoy the cave exploration too, especially knowing it keeps going.

It'll probably be a month before I can get it since a little someone is having her first birthday party, and I can't really justify getting Horse Ranch for her. 😅
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 784 Member
    Fingers crossed for you, @Bluegayle that your computer gets up and working in no time! I've been busy trying to build (with many interruptions as usual) and hope to finish so can actually start playing. I have 2 games I am setting up, one is in the 1800s. Working on Sully and Mikaela's house from Dr. Quinn but I guess my computer doesn't like it. Crashed once. Got back in and was having problem with attic level. I have built many without any issues, but today had problem with the half gable forming a wall that wouldn't delete. Got out of the game and started a repair, so probably won't try again until tomorrow. Hopefully just a glitch and won't repeat after repair.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,493 Member
    @Bluegayle oh no, I hope it can be sorted straight away 🤞

I haven't played yet. I am trying to set my worlds up but have been having problems with lots of crashing. Meh.