Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horse Ranch Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,293 Member
    I finally got a chance to play around with Horse Ranch and boy oh boy, this boy ain't disappointed. Chestnut Ridge is a stunning World for starters!!

WILD-WEST01.jpg

I'm delighted that the huge equestrian centre with the modern carpark is situated at the edge of town, so that I can easily ignore it when I want to play in a historical, Wild West setting, which I am doing right now! Modern Shmodern.

It's so refreshing to get a pack full of good old fashioned, rugged masculine style CAS and rustic BB. For me it really opens up a world of new, interesting gameplay.

The very first sim that I moved into town is ofcourse The New Sheriff, Jay John 'Triple Jay' Jarvis.

I built a Sheriff's office for him, including a wee jailhouse. He basically lives there with his horse and his dog and his pet outlaw(s).

Here's the office...still a WIP or maybe not, I don't know yet:

THE-SHERRIFF-00.jpg

And here we can see Triple Jay writing his first crime report. The crime? Nancy Landgraab entered town when she was clearly banned. Since it's only Jay John Jarvis' first day, Nance got away with a warning. Next time there will be deadly consequences.

THE-SHERRIFF-01.jpg

The Jail is still empty, but not for long. Not for long. >:)

THE-SHERRIFF-02.jpg

ETA:
    And those ceilings....I can't express how delighted I am that we can finally, FINALLY paint them.

I love this!
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Bonxie wrote: »
    This looks a bit like Central Park NY, doesn't it? Although I have to admit I've never been there. It's San Myshuno Meadows. Travelling the worlds on horseback.

embed?resid=FAF926BA1F75964F%2155088&authkey=%21ADFFcaj92R-7s5k&width=1600&height=1200

It very much does look like Central Park, I loved going there as a kid and watching the police on horseback. I haven’t been in years, just might have to take a quick trip back. I keep promising my oldest we’ll go (we’re a few hours away by car), but never seem to make the time.
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 974 Member
    I love this pack! I didn’t have much time to play yesterday because I was interviewing for a part time position, but I downloaded lots of lovely horse goodies and can’t wait to play with them.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,190 Member
    Haflinger wrote: »
    I love this pack! I didn’t have much time to play yesterday because I was interviewing for a part time position, but I downloaded lots of lovely horse goodies and can’t wait to play with them.

Good luck on the interview! I'm still pc less and it seems to have been my video card. Sigh there goes my savings. LOL but luckily i had some left. Not sure when i will get my pc back as tech is going away but if I'm really lucky and my horseshoe is still hanging straight on my wall I will get it this week sometime. Hmmm maybe I should place that horseshoe somewhere else. ( If you know, you know) :D;)
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    Haflinger wrote: »

Good luck on the interview! I'm still pc less and it seems to have been my video card. Sigh there goes my savings. LOL but luckily i had some left. Not sure when i will get my pc back as tech is going away but if I'm really lucky and my horseshoe is still hanging straight on my wall I will get it this week sometime. Hmmm maybe I should place that horseshoe somewhere else. ( If you know, you know) :D;)

Thanks! I got an email 2 hours later and I’ve got the job. I have to do new hire paperwork. It’s great because I’ve got Fridays off so I can go trail riding.

Good luck with the horseshoe! Make sure it’s hanging the right way. 🤞🏻
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,190 Member
    @Haflinger Congrats on job! And oh I miss my trail riding days. The shoe is the right way up and it belonged to my first pony which makes it almost 60 yrs old.

XaEyszr.jpg
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,031 Member
    I purchased the Horse Ranch pack today. The first thing I did was give my small farm household in Brindleton Bay one mini goat and one mini sheep. This family already has a garden, a cat, dog, chickens, cow, a free-range llama (mod), several befriended rabbits, bees, and birds. They also have Patchy and a butler to help. I don't think I'll give them a horse, not yet anyway. But I wonder if they'll need a ranch hand too. 😆

embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113099&authkey=%21AHYvB74FzBReD88&width=1920&height=1080
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113104&authkey=%21AAaR5ZsVws5QGr8&width=1920&height=1080
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113103&authkey=%21ABhAVKpw0gxHdME&width=1920&height=1080
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113101&authkey=%21AJA2-HjZ2FWaPDU&width=1920&height=1080
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113102&authkey=%21ACnktW34NtRkV_0&width=1920&height=1080
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113100&authkey=%21ABbrVmdaqHL7YwU&width=1920&height=1080
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,656 Member
    I don't know if it's just me, or my tray import settings, but I can't help but notice the locals, the zoomer delivery guy, the ranch hand, and some other random dude who spawned on my newly divorced, single mom's ranch, are incredible attractive. Townies and npc being attractive, (without my edit in cas), is not usual with the Sims games I have previously played. What a nice upgrade.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 Please put your sheriff's office on the exchange when you finish it! I love it and would like it for a sheriff I plan on putting in my 1800s game. I already built the mercantile from Little House On the Prairie and a Saloon, and your sheriff's office is perfect for my game! Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    rebekah512rebekah512 Posts: 881 Member
    I have purchased Horse Ranch.

I blame @Haflinger - you enabler!
  • Options
    rebekah512 wrote: »
    I have purchased Horse Ranch.

I blame @Haflinger - you enabler!

giphy.gif

Enabler enabling like I've never enabled before. :D
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,031 Member
    First attempts at riding and nectar making.
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113111&authkey=%21AN77t55mIuhM7WU&width=1920&height=1080
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113112&authkey=%21AEp4NWUByCiD6tM&width=1920&height=1080
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Uc2Cn9dh.png
    I guess that's a good thing I just really wanted an apartment horse for no reason. :D
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,578 Member
    Gracie Moo adopted her first goat!! Wait! I thought they were smaller...

XgWYemN.png
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,468 Member

:flushed:

I had no idea! Oh. I will need to look into this... >:)
    #Team Occult