Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[OLD] Broken/Updated Mods & CC: July 2023 Horse Ranch Patch + Aug. bugfix + Patch 1.100

luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
edited September 2023 in General Mods Discussion

As of September 26, 2023, this thread is outdated. Find the next thread at AHQ:

Broken/Updated Mods & CC: July 2023 Horse Ranch Patch and August 2023 bugfix patch and Patch 1.100

This topic is for collecting reports on mod and custom content status after the July 18, 2023 Horse Ranch (and ceilings!) patch and teh August 3, 2023 bugfix patch. Most mod updates are reported here; updates that only add a translation generally aren’t.

HELP ME HELP YOU
    This list takes a lot of time to maintain and is easier to manage if it’s kept to its purpose.
  • Fully test mods before you report them broken (instructions below). Tell me how they are broken and how you tested. I cannot list mods as broken without this.
  • DO NOT mention or hint at mods that break Forum rules (NSFW/18+, etc.). Please see below for other content that is also not reported here.
  • “Cleared” reports can ONLY be accepted from modders (or people specifically designated by modders).
  • Please don’t report updates that are still Patron-only.
  • This is not a support thread. If you need help finding out what mod broke, read the lists!, do a 50-50 (see the links list below), then if needed visit one of the Discord support servers or start a new thread:
    - Sims After Dark: https://discord.gg/RqPqCdBsdF
    - Deaderpool: https://discord.gg/z9qPtWU
  • Don’t ask about what broke or is cleared. If there’s an answer, it’s on page 1.
  • If you use Curseforge and a mod is listed updated here but not there, please be patient. File approvals there happen Sunday through Thursday. Your Curseforge mod updates will show up eventually.
Thank you for helping keep this list working! Your support keeps information flowing to Simmers in many places online beyond here.

SOME MODS CAN’T BE DISCUSSED HERE
Mods that breaks the T-for-Teen game rating CANNOT be named or discussed in these official Sims forums. It’s against Forum Rules. Some creators of these mods also won’t be reported here depending on how sending you to their content works.

Also not listed: Mods/CC by people who copy other people’s mods/CC, copy other companies’ copyrighted content or trademarks, pirate software or openly support software piracy, do not release free public updates within a reasonable time (3 weeks for CC), or are otherwise not in compliance with EA’s policy on mods.

TESTING FOR BROKEN MODS
Before reporting a mod is broken, test it:
  • To test possible reasons why a last exception (LE) is being generated and why, you can use TwistedMexi’s Better Exceptions and/or Deaderpool’s core MC Command Center files (AFTER they’re cleared or updated!). These files rarely break after game updates. If you need help reading an LE, please head to a Discord server (see below). The Forums are an extremely awkward place for LE support, and this is not a support thread.
  • An LE report is not enough for most reports. It's an indicator for further testing.
TO TEST:
  1. Back up your saves in case you save over or corrupt a favorite file while you’re testing.
  2. Check that the mod you're suspicious of is the most recent version, is installed properly (in the right-level folder, not two different versions when you're supposed to pick one, not duplicated, following any special installation instructions), and has everything it depends on (packs it needs, other mods it needs. A LOT of mod-related LEs are there because something isn't right about installation and requirements.
  3. Remove everything else but the mod being tested (and other files it requires for proper installation) from your Mods folder. Leave only the mod being tested and those other files it needs! This is the only way to be sure that the problem is not a conflict between mods or a misfire by the human-coded mods that interpret game LEs.
  4. Delete the localthumbcache file. If you don’t delete it, you could still just be seeing effects of a removed mod that are still in your game.
  5. Open your game and test to see if the mod is doing what it should in game. If it’s still broken, TELL ME HOW IT'S BROKEN and HOW YOU TESTED IT.
  6. I might ask you to "test vanilla" too. This means testing with NO files in Mods at all, ideally on a new save. Sometimes what seems like a mod problem (or even has an LE saying it might be a mod!) is actually a game problem. Vanilla tests help isolate the problem to the mod.
  7. Let the creator know too! They really would rather hear from an actual Simmer who can give them more details than find out second-hand from a broken mod report. In fact, you can tell the creator first and get confirmation from them that it's their mod at issue. Then come back and tell me.

USEFUL LINKS
EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top