Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there really so much more than the trailer shows? πŸ‘©β€πŸ’»

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 638 Member
    I think there is significant more than the trailer shows (please give an example)
    Normally I would agree that trailers show the pack in a better light.

But the only exception I'd say is the Growing Together EP, the trailer did not show all of the new systems (milestones, sleep overs, compatibility, keepsake boxes, etc) accurately. I think it was much more clear in the live stream and so for that reason, I'd like to wait for the Behind the Sims and the possible separate EP livestream.
  • Options
    LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    I think there is significant more than the trailer shows (please give an example)
    I'm pretty sure this wasn't a gameplay trailer just the one they release to get you hyped up. Kind of like how they had 2 for infants and you got to see the snapshots of their life, but then you got more later? Same with growing together.

I think this one was longer bc it was part homage to the old Western movies, and also like a new person in town cliche, plus showing new objects. But they didn't really get more into anything. From what I can remember, they've taken to having a second trailer with either a narrator or a bunch of text explaining gameplay and items. And that shows more.

Plus aren't they planning another summit or something? Behind the Sims? This was likely just to get people excited. Especially since their new marketing tactic seems to be leaking certain releases, but leaving out really relevant information. That way simmers stay engaged for every bit of info doled out. All the way through their videos, and their pre-order bonuses. Etc.

But yeah I think there's probably more. Or at the very least that's the pattern. And if there's not, they might end up having more people waiting for sales.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    I think the trailers are pretty accurate
    TS4 trailers seem to show every piece of content/feature from that pack, unlike in TS2/3 days.
    ^This
    Sims 4 packs are a lot smaller than Sims 2 and 3 were so they usually show about 95% of the pack in the trailers cause there's only so much content included and they don't want to hide anything major.

Of course with a lot of staging and no glitches showing, but content-wise I already know there's not a lot we haven't seen in the trailer already.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited June 2023
    Atreya33 wrote: Β»
    I think the trailer shows most that is in the pack. There might be some tidbits here or there but I don't expect big features to be left out.

I expect the trailer to be relatively accurate but not 100%. Trailers usually make the world see more alive.

I agree with this. They usually have more people than show up in my lots and surrounding neighborhoods. Also, I’m sure they use move objects in some trailers/ pictures because I remember how they crammed so much stuff into dorms from University in the trailer.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I hope they have some surprises left for the stream as well. I would like to know if the dance hall is a new lot type or just a fancy name for the nightclub.
  • Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    I think the trailer shows the EP in a better light than it actually is (please give an example)
    When I started my journey with TS4 I bought Get Famous because I saw a lot of action and interesting events in the trailer. Unfortunately I have never experienced the world that populated and events that interesting in the game:

45206929961_f9ac517deb_b.0.jpg

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited June 2023
    When I started my journey with TS4 I bought Get Famous because I saw a lot of action and interesting events in the trailer. Unfortunately I have never experienced the world that populated and events that interesting in the game:

45206929961_f9ac517deb_b.0.jpg

okay good point :lol: Get Famous trailer was quite cinematic it doesn't really show how the game actually is

I guess sometimes the trailers do appear tad better than the game

but I also feel some of the trailers were unneededly complicated like the GrT one about family dynamics and such that just made my brain confused more than anything
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    BariSaxy wrote: Β»
    I think EA shows everything major in their trailers nowadays and also makes everything look better than it is. The already mentioned in this topic high school build is an example, the actual high school build we got is so watered down. I've tried to reconstruct it, but it's difficult for various reasons.

Anyway, the fact that EA shows everything major in their trailers is why I'm so worried about unicorns not being in Horse Ranch. And if they aren't in Horse Ranch, we won't be getting them ever in TS4. :'(

I agree about the unicorns. I don't see EA adding all the coding and animations for horses in a second pack, just for unicorns. My feeling is that unicorns either come in the horse EP or never at all. But do unicorns fit in a western? Unicorns would have fitted in cottage living that had come with horses. I really hope unicorns are included in this EP but think the chances are very small. πŸ¦„πŸ΄
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    I think they have shown everything in the trailer. If there were more highlights, we would have seen them at least in the background. I slow-motioned the trailer to see some details, but all I figured out was just the new items and cas. As a long-time player I still find it underwhelming for an ep, but I know that I don't know much at the moment. At this point I'm disappointed and not convinced about the seen outcome in this new ep. I was hoping for more and be more spoiled, and not just receiving a bare minimum since it's the dawn of new upcoming simulation games.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I think the trailer shows the EP in a better light than it actually is (please give an example)
    The only expansion that ever exceeded my expectations was 'Cottage Living'.

Based on the way 'High School Years' looked in the trailer VS reality, I don't have much hope for this expansion pack... I'm still buying it, but keeping my expectations very low. I also still believe this should've been a game pack, not an expansion pack. I can almost guarantee the only thing that makes this an expansion VS a game pack is the world... and it still probably won't be very big... :|
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: Β»
    BariSaxy wrote: Β»
    I think EA shows everything major in their trailers nowadays and also makes everything look better than it is. The already mentioned in this topic high school build is an example, the actual high school build we got is so watered down. I've tried to reconstruct it, but it's difficult for various reasons.

Anyway, the fact that EA shows everything major in their trailers is why I'm so worried about unicorns not being in Horse Ranch. And if they aren't in Horse Ranch, we won't be getting them ever in TS4. :'(

I agree about the unicorns. I don't see EA adding all the coding and animations for horses in a second pack, just for unicorns. My feeling is that unicorns either come in the horse EP or never at all. But do unicorns fit in a western? Unicorns would have fitted in cottage living that had come with horses. I really hope unicorns are included in this EP but think the chances are very small. πŸ¦„πŸ΄

Unicorns don't seem to match the world, but The Sims 3 Pets' world was very similar and we got unicorns. So it's not impossible.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    TartosanVigneronTartosanVigneron Posts: 24 Member
    edited June 2023
    Ok, I've gone back and looked at previous reveal trailers for GT, SE, HSY, and CL. I gotta say, it makes me even more cynical about Horse Ranch in comparison. You see a lot of redundancy in what this most recent trailer features, whereas past trailers really show you something new and unique in every scene while focusing on a much wider range of assets. They didn't even include a stop motion build/buy scene in the Horse Ranch trailer. I think a lot of the disappointment based on the Horse Ranch trailer is merited.

ETA: And there's an unusual amount of focus on the main sim (red bandana) just getting better at things that have already been shown (animal interactions, horse riding, nectar making, etc)
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Have yet to see a trailer that accurately portrayed the pack it claimed to represent. Did the MWS trailer even hint at the broken mess the pack was? Did the ROM trailer accurately portray the magic HQ, the sages, the boringness of it all? Did the Get Together trailer show much more than a lot of dancing (Hollywood style) sims? All no. Trailers are sales pitches intended to ignite our buying juices, not give accurate information.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I ended up choosing the middle of the road because sims 4 trailers can be either or. They are advertising so they are going to try to put what they can in the best light. They set things up to look their best. I think in University they used Moo to put a lot of things cluttered into a dorm room which is a little off as you can’t build while sims live in the dorms. On Growing together, I think there were a lot of things like milestones and stuff that really couldn’t be seen. For the horse pack you really can’t see the dynamics of rider, and horse skills. I’m always hoping for more than a trailer shows. Sometimes you get more and sometimes the trailer is very set up, and you end up getting less. But usually a trailer does tend to show off the best stuff.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    edited July 2023
    From my experience they have been pretty accurate. I can't see them leaving out anything too exciting. They're trying to sell the pack after all.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2023
    I think most things available are shown in a trailer, however, they are so hyped and staged and fake that most people realize eventually not half the stuff shown is possible or designed to work as they portray. I will try to post a picture or video of the official doctor video from GTW where we see Sims sitting in the waiting room and much more that never happens. Not designed to sit down and wait. Can't believe trailers, ever. What makes this worse is this is the Official GTW Doctor How To Play video and even it is staged.

Starting at 0:33

http://youtu.be/YV_tMljNtzw?t=35
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    I think it’s hard to judge a game’s potential through a reveal trailer.

I remember when TS4 Seasons was announced, the reveal trailer showed sims seemingly celebrating a holiday. I wasn’t super impressed by just β€œcelebrating a holiday,” but I was very impressed with the ability to create my own customizable holidays which were explained in the gameplay trailer later on. Now the calendar is one of my most-used, game-changer features!

All to say, I think first impressions are just thatβ€” first impressions. I like to wait for gameplay trailers before I formulate an opinion.
    Β· Β· ─────── Β· π–₯Έ Β· ─────── Β· Β·
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    @lemonella the calendar as a game changer sounds interesting! How do you achieve this/set it up? I never made my own holiday and barely play the ingame holidays.
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    @Lenny_Ogg you may want to check out this article.

The Calendar is a huge game-play feature that comes with The Sims 4 Seasons Expansion Pack, letting you not only have an overview of the days to come but giving you the ability to plan every single day for up to 112 days!

The Sims 4 Seasons: All About The Calendar + Creating Holidays and Events

https://simscommunity.info/2018/06/26/the-sims-4-seasons-all-about-the-calendar-creating-holidays-and-events/
  • Options
    @simgirl1010 thank you! I was aware how they technically work. I am more interested in how they can be used as a game changer feature.
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    I see the trailer more as a "more info coming soon!" commercial, rather than a full pack commercial. We often get a much better and more accurate impression from the play-through and what not that follows. *That* is when I judge a new pack, not after the first trailer :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Reveal Trailer = gives us a taste of the next pack release (aka: a teaser trailer)

Gameplay Trailer = gives us a more indepth showing/display of what's to come (assets, world, gameplay)

Livestream = takes us into a deep dive of the gameplay features and how they work. Might also show further details of the world, CAS, and BB.

Ignoring all the unofficial leaks, so far all we've been given is a teaser trailer and the official pack description on the Sims website. We'll see more in the gameplay trailer, and we'll go much deeper in the livestream.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    edited July 2023
    Hi @Lenny_Ogg , I use my sims calendar very heavily in my game! I have a few mods that add more traditions to create holidays that encourage me to use features in the game I may not otherwise. If I didn't utilize the calendar in the game, my gameplay would be super redundant and I would have lost my interest a long time ago honestly. That's why I consider this feature game-changing.

ETA: Here's a screenshot for visuals :)
    4o7jwAY.png
    Β· Β· ─────── Β· π–₯Έ Β· ─────── Β· Β·
  • Options
    @lemonella ah that's really a nice idea! I'll have to try that too. Thank you! πŸ’