Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will you buy the Horse Ranch EP?

Comments

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I will buy it soon enough to get the bonus content.
    "Holy Horses Batman! There's More In the Code!" Thread called out the code in September '19. So exited they are following through with putting them in game, but I'm so nervous. I hope they aren't tied to the barns like cows and lamas, but I fear they are. I won't buy if they are.

They are not tied to the barn they are a family member like cats and dogs 😄
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I‘m worried that the trailer hasn't many views on YT compared to recent years. What's going on?
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    I'll wait for a sale. I didn't see hint of new gameplay in the video, and as much as I like horses I can get my fix from them in RDR2.
  • Options
    Phantomrose90Phantomrose90 Posts: 299 Member
    I will pre-order the pack.
    I have seen the trailer and decided to pre-order the pack; I am mostly happy that horses are coming to The Sims 4. I played with them a lot in The Sims 3, and also liked how there was a whole modding community based around them. I hoping for the same with the horses for The Sims 4.
  • Options
    itsTheSimsGuyitsTheSimsGuy Posts: 77 Member
    I will wait, perhaps for a sale.
    sam123 wrote: »
    It's upsetting to see how little features there actually are in this EP. We have horses, an equestrian center, nectar making, and mini animals. That's all. For an EP.

At the very least they could have brought pool tables back or the bull that you can ride on.

Also if you noticed in the trailer they literally kept showing the same things over and over again, that's how little content there actually is.

That is still many more features than Growing Together has :)

Yeah... not too sure about that lol infants alone are insane. and yes, i count them with the pack, even though they came with the update because without the pack, you might as well not even play them.

• Options
    simpureheartsimpureheart Posts: 39 Member
    Yes! I'm very excited. ;)
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,235 Member
    edited June 2023
    Question : How do Horses drink ?
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    Im assuming its the same way cats and dogs do....they dont!?

I will def get this on/near release date. Im not that interested in the wild west theme but I do love farming/self sufficiency gameplay so that side def appeals to me.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member

With a silly straw. ;)
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I will wait, perhaps for a sale.
    I need to be sensible and wait for a sale because my financial circumstances are about to change. Buying property in the south of England is a tricky business.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited June 2023
    Other.
    Either ask for it as a birthday present or buy it using giftcards. Either way Im not in a big rush for it unless unicorns are confirmed to be in the pack since that's literally the only thing I want.
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    I love horses and have wanted them for a very long time. The other animals are a nice bonus. Not in love with the pack aside from that, but I will buy pretty much immediately instead of waiting for a sale just because I'm moving soon and may not have money to throw around when a sale comes along.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    unless unicorns are confirmed to be in the pack since that's literally the only thing I want.

Ive seen loads of people desperate for unicorns....genuine question, what was so great about them!?
    I think they were in Sims 3 and Im pretty sure that I missed that edition!

• Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    dogzdinner wrote: »
    unless unicorns are confirmed to be in the pack since that's literally the only thing I want.

Ive seen loads of people desperate for unicorns....genuine question, what was so great about them!?

They have magical powers like an occult. Bless harvestables, curse harvestables, bless sims, curse sims, start fires, and extinguish fires. More details listed on the wiki page.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    I'll probably buy it within a few days of release, definitely in time to get that sweet resonator guitar. I'm guessing the Country radio station will be added along with this pack; if I'm not mistaken, didn't all the previous Sims games have one?

I hope there will be some fun new food to grill on the BBQ...brisket, anyone? :p
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Just preordered it. I like horses and I always get taken in with the build/buy stuff, of which I really like what I'm seeing. Would have rather it been a game pack, but it isn't. I still really want this.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    I preordered but only because Growing Together was very glitchy trying to purchase it the day of release. I didn’t have any issues downloading but purchasing was a mess. I hope to save myself that headache.

Other than avoiding glitchy purchasing, I don’t see the perk with preordering if the bonus content is available for 6 weeks.
  • Options
    naeshellenaeshelle Posts: 62 Member
    If the pack livestream looks good (as in, everything works the way it should for the most part), I'll pre-order the pack for sure. Not particularly excited about horses specifically but I'm always down for new content. If the pack livestream doesn't look too hot, I'll wait for bug fixes & good reviews before purchasing.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,977 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    I'll wait a week or so after release, to see the reviews. I wanna see how in-depth the competitions and nectar-making are, if there's good cross-pack compatibility, if broken on release, etc. I'll also keep an eye out for glitches. If things look good, I'm going to buy it. Animals, farming and ranching are right up my alley, I love that kind of gameplay. I know this is the kind of pack that will get a ton of use.

Hear that, EA? I complain a lot, but I'd drop cash on pets in a heartbeat, if they're done well. This is the one time I'd be happy with you milking a theme for cash. Like I will hand over money for My Second Pet Stuff if they come with lizards.

I agree with you Gordy, I’d love some birds, lizards, tarantula’s, snakes, hermit crabs, things that don’t take up a lot of space, but are compatible with the parenting gp just like my first pet stuff is. And, how about giving us a pet store option where we can buy all pets including cat’s, dogs, rodents, horses, frogs, insects, and any other pets that they come out with, all their tack, clothes, toys, food, etc. be able to own the store if we want to, but not have to own it. I loved the way the pet store was in Sim’s 2 ( I think that was 2 ). I know I could make a pet store with GTW, but you can’t buy cats or dogs there, not sure about rodents. I do have a mall, where all the insects are for sale, and I once saw ponds with a bait shop that sold frogs in the gallery once. Wish I had downloads it then, but didn’t have room left in my save then.
  • Options
    PifflePrincessPifflePrincess Posts: 106 Member
    I've been waiting for this pack for so long that not buying it is not even an option for me.
    No matter how buggy it might be, how lacking in features some people might find it, the mix of horses + western CAS + western furniture make it a must buy to finally let me be able to decently play my RDR2-style legacy.
    As a console player with no access to CCs, I had a limited choice of clothes to dress my wild west farmers. This pack will be so much help!

Plus, I'm in love with mini sheeps/goats, and I can't wait to try nectar making!

So far, I never regretted buying a pack at full price. Maybe High School Years, Strangerville and Werewolves disappointed me under the gameplay aspect, but they were balanced out by CAS and B/B.
    So no matter what happens in the next weeks, my decision of buying it won't change.
    Console player (PS). Finally reached 1000+ hours on The Sims 4.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    dogzdinner wrote: »

For me, it's a very superficial reason: I find them pretty and cool. So if we could just make fake unicorns by dressing up regular horses in CAS, that would be almost good enough for me. Of course, it would be even better if there was some special gameplay involved. As others have said, they're basically occult horses, and I love anything occult.

As for the original question: Yes, I'm going to buy the pack (unless I happen to win it in a giveaway or something). When exactly, I'm not sure yet. In case it's not obvious by now, I would really like unicorns, and a confirmation that they'll be in the pack would make me more likely to not wait for a sale.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Did they say when there is going to be the livestream for this pack? I would like to know more about the cave, hope it's not just a rabbit hole.
  • Options
    AnnieGoesThedasAnnieGoesThedas Posts: 6 New Member
    I won't buy it.
    I am happy for every horsefan! But as for today, I'm not buying. There seem to be almost no new non-reskinned gameplay, the BB doesn't seem that exciting, and most importantly, the recent problems (especially console controls) made me lose all trust. The "give us a chance :)" just feels like the pack is going to be too small for an EP, and too buggy to function. Which is a shame! I loved Strangerville, I would have loved a Strangerville 2.0 world.
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    Other.
    Track record wise, yeah I'm gonna end up getting it when it releases. But I want to see the behind the sims tomorrow before I fully make up my mind. Those goats are pretty convincing.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Totally own it today.🤩 I so wish I could download it & play it now, but I have to wait until July 20th. 😭