Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horse Ranch Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,578 Member
    Interesting line in the post: "You can choose from real-world breeds, change the horse's head shape, mane, tail, feathers, body mass, coat length and more!"

Caught that too, maybe a hint of Native influence made it into the pack.

I think this looks like a lot of fun!
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,906 Member
    edited June 2023
    I like the hairs. I like the horses, the mini sheep and goats, the world is beautiful.

I’m Happy to see Native American representation too!!

The clothes though…. It’s very cow-boy ish and I prefer more versatile stuff. I do like seing full-lengh jeans for men though cause we don’t have enough of these.
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,310 Member
    Haflinger wrote: »
    Interesting line in the post: "You can choose from real-world breeds, change the horse's head shape, mane, tail, feathers, body mass, coat length and more!"

Feathers are just leg hair you see on a lot of draft breeds and occasional others (Frisians, Fells, Vanners, Haflingers have sorta skimpy ones)

That makes sense.

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Trailer was awesome! I'm super excited and I'm probably going to spend the next few weeks clearing out my unused cc to make room for new horse and cowboy cc. 😄😄😄
    I can't wait until all the custom horse stuff starts to come out.
    The western theme really makes it feel like sims stepped into a whole new world and I love that!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    LSM36 wrote: »
    Did anyone else notice the ghost at the end seemed to come back after the elder cowpoke (?) opened the nectar and poured it? Is this a new way to bring ghosts back? Another ambrosia type?

I think it will be! do you think there is a new death - falling from horse?

Maybe. And in one thread (I literally can't remember which one) I was talking about all the different types I wanted to see with cross pack integration esp for Supernatural/Occult Sims. And I was like I want to see a skeleton horse for Grimm. And there was literally a skeleton paint swatch when the main sim bought her horse.
    That was an interesting interaction BTW. Idk why I thought that would be different, but I mean you can adopt from the phone. I just thought buying was either gonna involve going to a stable somewhere or looking on some breeding site online. Which I guess you could do from your phone. 🤔
    I digress SKELETON HORSE 🐎 💀! Maybe we Will see more kinds of steeds as soon as it releases if you have the other packs.
    I was kinda hoping for something more ghost rider-ish but this is the sims. So it's okay. I'll just wait for a modder to make my dreams come true. Or myb they only will give the real skeleton horse to Grimm.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • Options
    Trailer was awesome! I'm super excited and I'm probably going to spend the next few weeks clearing out my unused cc to make room for new horse and cowboy cc. 😄😄😄
    I can't wait until all the custom horse stuff starts to come out.
    The western theme really makes it feel like sims stepped into a whole new world and I love that!

The way I'm regretting not adding that 2nd harddrive/finding someone who knows how to do it without a YouTube video, when I got my new laptop last year. My cc is taking a toll. So much. Some people use an external hard drive I've heard. Maybe I should try that.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,421 Member
    @ashcrash19 awesome build

Thank you! My gallery is simaddict1990 or you can find my builds page on here under lots. :mrgreen:
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,421 Member
    Just watched the trailer, ahhhhhhh! BEYOND excited. :heart:
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,793 Member
    Expect the unexpected is how I’ve been feeling when it comes to the latest releases. The team has really stepped up their game when it comes to pack variety. Once again, I’m left pleasantly surprised that we are getting horses, the cutest miniature/baby goats and sheep you’ve ever seen.

This is truly amazing and I’m looking forward to adding Horse Ranch to my collection.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    @Haflinger ...Reading your post is teaching me a lot about horses and running a ranch; so, please keep the tidbits of information coming.

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 ... Although I never noticed the ceilings, hoping the painted ceilings are true since I know this is something you've lowkey wanted for awhile now. :) The ceilings in the trailer do enhance those builds.

It's nice when they add things to the game that Simmers have desired.

Trailer: I was blown away by how nice the trailer was. The area looks to be open like the way Cottage Living is. Being able to ride the horse across that beautiful scenery is something I'm looking forward to experiencing. Plus, the animals look like they have personality--the little mini goat ramming the Sim's leg in the trailer was cute and funny. :D
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Unicorn tease?
    I was watching the trailer again, Thank goodness for James Turner slowing it down, the onsie I couldn't get a good look at before looks like a rainbow unicorn onsie on the infant. That or that very well located tuft between the ears that is super bright white/myb white-blonde is supposed to be a shock of mane. In which case it's a rainbow horse with white hair. But idk that seems a bit on the nose and you could probably make it a rainbow or a different rainbow mix instead of the color of a unicorn's 🦄 horn.
  • Options
    Unicorn tease?
    I was watching the trailer again, Thank goodness for James Turner slowing it down, the onsie I couldn't get a good look at before looks like a rainbow unicorn onsie on the infant. That or that very well located tuft between the ears that is super bright white/myb white-blonde is supposed to be a shock of mane. In which case it's a rainbow horse with white hair. But idk that seems a bit on the nose and you could probably make it a rainbow or a different rainbow mix instead of the color of a unicorn's 🦄 horn.

I just saw a half woven basket in the trailer right before the sim fails to stomp grapes! Are we getting basket weaving?!
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Wondering if the mini goats and sheep will be like how they did the rabbits in Cottage Living--free roaming. Or, will they be like adding a cow, llama or chicken. Hoping they are not limited to a certain area like the cows and llamas are. The chickens can roam freely. So, hoping that the cute mini goats and sheep are free to roam about.

The colors of the mini goats in the trailer are so cute.

You know how you can teach a dog to play dead. It looked like the mini goat played dead in the trailer.
  • Options
    skipskip Posts: 6 New Member
    This pack make the sims 4 a great game to play. Thanks to all made this pack and looking forwards to seeing more pack made by a great teams thanks
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited June 2023
    I think it looks great. But actually while I understand the comparison to cottage living, I think it might also be a bit like a Snowy Escape kinda pack. Where you have skills to learn, the townies are themed around the world and it’s kinda an adventure and most of the things take place in the world.

Maybe I’m wrong but I think it seems like a mostly self enclosed pack different from the rest of the game, which I really like! I will be happy to spend a few months on a sims ranch.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,417 Member
    The infant has an unicorn onesie (1:15). Probably means nothing...
  • Options
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    Wondering if the mini goats and sheep will be like how they did the rabbits in Cottage Living--free roaming. Or, will they be like adding a cow, llama or chicken (hoping this is the option). The colors of the mini goats in the trailer are so cute.

You know how you can teach a dog to play dead. It looked like the mini goat played dead in the trailer.

I got fainting goat vibes from it.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    musteni wrote: »
    The infant has an unicorn onesie (1:15). Probably means nothing...

Perhaps it is a hint for a separate Fairy/Unicorn pack. I’d rather they continue to keep the fantasy/super natural packs separate from the family gameplay packs. This way each pack is well developed.

These jumping goats have adorable written all over them.
    Jumping-Goats.png
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,256 Member
    edited July 2023
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,238 Member
    edited June 2023
    Someone mentioned there was only Western Saddle options but looks like we do have variety. @caitybee73

FDUgXXM.png
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,469 Member
    My views today. Appropriate wouldn't you say? :p
    nUOfLce.jpg
    4i4uasA.jpg

Now to catch up on everything I missed.

@simgirl1010 love them! Where were the pics taken? Looks nice 🙂.
  • Options
    kemowerykemowery Posts: 372 Member
    My hope for this is that trail riding isn't confined to the new world and taking horses to town isn't confined to non-visitable shell parts of the new world.

Because I want to put horses in a bunch of worlds. No reason not to take one of the many massive lots in Oasis Springs and replace it with an equestrian center. Or add sheep and goats and some horses to my farms in Henford-On-Bagley. Or ... I shouldn't put a horse ranch on top of a skyscraper in San Myshuno, but I've built farms, castles, and other stuff on top of skyscrapers, so why not also a horse farm?
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Looks good. Horses, goats, a wine press, and I want that steel guitar so I'll be preordering for the first time in The Sims 4.
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 975 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    Someone mentioned there was only Western Saddle options but looks like we do have variety. @caitybee73

FDUgXXM.png

Trying to figure out what kinda saddle that is. Not forward enough for close contact, doesn’t look quite like a hunt. Probably gonna say it’s a AP (aka all purpose). But nice! I’ll have to look at that part of the trailer later to see what the options are.