Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horse Ranch Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,447 Member
    edited June 2023
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    musteni wrote: »
    The infant has an unicorn onesie (1:15). Probably means nothing...

Perhaps it is a hint for a separate Fairy/Unicorn pack. I’d rather they continue to keep the fantasy/super natural packs separate from the family gameplay packs. This way each pack is well developed.

These jumping goats have adorable written all over them.
    Jumping-Goats.png

For unicorns I think it needed to include them in this pack. A separate unicorn pack would require the entire code for horses and all animations to be included in another pack. I don't see that happening. To me it feels like a now or never situation.

Besides what is the point of separating occult packs if occults are nerfed anyway. (I am especially talking about the practical non existent vampire break ins and spellcasters that do zero autonomous magic except for 1 single lot in the magic realm).

Anyway I will return to my supernatural families now because the combination of both themes is what I like most about the sims. Supernaturals and families are not opposites but can go hand in hand perfectly fine.
  • Options
    CiralindeCiralinde Posts: 81 Member
    Never thought, in a million years, we would get goats (or chickens). IRL I would love to do some beekeeping, and have chickens and also keep goats - so this is like a dream come true. There's more to it, of course, I grew up on spaghetti westerns and country music (thanks mom). I'm proper excited for this pack. It's a nice feeling to have :)
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I think the thing I like most about the pack is the beautiful world. The National Park neighborhood is gorgeous! I think showing off the world and the horses themselves was done well in the trailer.

I also like the new dances. Looks like fun!

The miniature goats are adorable.
  • Options
    kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    edited June 2023
    There are quite a few features I'm really looking forward to. :smiley: The style of the world looks really pretty. The miniature goats & sheep are so cute! I'm hoping we'll be able to have the animals outside of Chestnut Ridge because some of those 64x64 residential lots in the other worlds would be perfect for a farm. I also want to redo Thebe Estate as a home with a large vineyard & nectary. My fingers crossed that they'll give us other grape varieties like they did for Sims 3. I had so much fun making all kinds of nectar in Sims 3 and am excited to do it again.

Great call on the vinyard and nectary in Tartosa. And, yeah, my current save is in a completely razed world, other than putting in a few parks in big lots, I mostly leave them empty. But there's a ton of world that have unnecessarily huge lots that are begging to be turned into horse ranches. I can see myself putting them in Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, Windenburg, Brindleton Bay, Strangerville, Sulani, and Henford-On-Bagley. (So I hope they're fun and able to be used in other worlds.)

And the part of me that likes to be contrary is wondering if I can do rebuilds of other lots and put horses, goats, and sheep in where they don't belong. A horse ranch on top of Torrendi Tower? A petting zoo attached to the high school in Copperdale? Trail rides in the realm of magic?
    I wasn’t one who was desperate for horses, but this pack seems awesome! Hopefully children can ride the horses as I always found it slightly annoying that they couldn’t in Sims 3.

Yes. I know it's extra work as they need different animations for children than for teens-elders, but kids learning to ride horses is huge. (And I'm still a bit salty that Batuu was largely a recreation of Disney's Galaxy's Edge and there's literally nothing for children to do there.)
  • Options
    sclevenger08sclevenger08 Posts: 125 Member
    Haflinger wrote: »
    mcrudd wrote: »
    I noticed the hat tip greeting, line dancing, nectar making, goats attacking shins and so much more, this is going to be a super super aweSim pack <3

I can’t be the only one who’s immediate thought at the guy with the mustache tipping his hat at about the :24 second mark was that he looked a whole lot like Sam Elliot, right?

Nope, I was literally like OMG SAM ELLIOT! Then I thought about my grandma in one of my saves and was like I can make her live out her dream life haha
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    I am so happy that more animals are coming to the game! They look absolutley adorable! They will all go so well with Cottage Living too! <3
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 518 Member
    I’m guessing there might well be unicorns in the pack. I don’t see why they wouldn’t include them here, and I can see where they might treat them as a kind of surprise to be discovered in the game. So I’m expecting them - until I find out they’re definitely not there!
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,424 Member
    I’m guessing there might well be unicorns in the pack. I don’t see why they wouldn’t include them here, and I can see where they might treat them as a kind of surprise to be discovered in the game. So I’m expecting them - until I find out they’re definitely not there!

Maybe there won't be unicorns as magical creatures but I saw they had a horse with a tiny hat on its head. Maybe there will be a unicorn horn to decorate your horses with and make them look like a unicorn. Also, given that they collaborated with native american people on the horses, maybe there will be some special gameplay related to horses or some symbolism from their culture.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,139 Member
    I love Old Days Western.
    I still love Little House on the Prairie,
    Dr.Quinn: Medicine Woman & Dances with Wolves.🥰😛😉
  • Options
    PifflePrincessPifflePrincess Posts: 106 Member
    edited June 2023
    Horses were exactly the missing piece for my 1890s Red Dead Redemption-style legacy gameplay, not to talk about all those amazing cowboys clothes that are mostly compatible with that historical setting.
    The world is perfect too, as I love Strangerville but never play there because of the alien-sickness-thing on random NPCs.

And the mini goats/sheeps? I'm obseesed with chickens from Cottage Living, and since I think the goats/sheeps will work the same way, I can easily see myself filling my families with them.
    Nectar making also intrigues me, and it sounds like a good way for my farmer sims to make money. Their days are gonna be filled with ranching and farming tasks!!

I really really can't wait for this pack to come out!!!

(I just hope devs are gonna increase the household member limit, as my historical families tend to have quite a lot of kids, and I would like to get at least a couple of horses. And since I play on console, no way for me to increase the limit with mods)
    Console player (PS). Finally reached 1000+ hours on The Sims 4.
  • Options
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    hese jumping goats have adorable written all over them.
    Jumping-Goats.png

I just noticed this, but does it look like the white goat is smaller than the brown one and is perhaps a baby goat?
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Not trying to be negative since this is literally a Positive Thoughts thread but I am already prepared to some huge disappointments with the expansion pack once we start to get more information...my friend will be heartbroken once they may say No unicorns in this pack :heartbreak:
    However, I love that it seems like we can use the Paint tool with horses now too...like with Cats & Dogs...has there been any announcement about a live stream coming soon or not??
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    After having watched the trailer and reading the blog, I'm super excited for this Wild-West style horses EP and not just because of the pygmy livestock and the ehr...sexy Sam Elliot Mustachio look-alikes... :D

At last, my band of outlaws - The Malevolent Seven- will be getting what they deserve : an all new hideout in an all new desert world, loyal steeds, potato nectar (aka Irish Moonshine) and most certainly, time in jail.

The-Magnificent-Amigos-02.jpg

From left to right: Rowdy Joe, Smiley Coyote (aka Coyote Grumpy Tooth), Nash "Slasher" Balderdash, Whispering Bird, Fingal Fleapants, Diego Rompeco Razones and last but not least, Poppy '"Needles" O'Sullivan.

I had hoped for moonshine mason jars, but sure, at least our sims can now drink straight from the bottle. Can't complain. 😇

Your outlaws look awesome!! And I love their names 😄
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Seeing captains outlaws makes me think someone should start a thread on what everyone has planned for the new pack. Would love the see the sims and ideas 🤭
  • Options
    I was sold on nectar making when I heard you could make it from trash because boy do I have plenty of that😂😂😂😂
  • Options
    I was sold on nectar making when I heard you could make it from trash because boy do I have plenty of that😂😂😂😂

Making it from trash would probably trash you. Like those people who drink industrial alcohol instead of vodka. But I am happy we can make nectar from both grapes and potatoes. Wonder is we will be able to name the bottles ourselves.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,966 Member
    edited July 2023
    I want this horse. He seems to have a bit of an attitude. 😄
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • Options
    I want this horse. He seems to have a bit of an attitude. 😄

He is naughty. I do like that the horses all seem to have different hairstyles. Hope they added horse hair shampoo to buy from the vet. I've seen people buy it for themselves from the pet store, apparently it's very good for your hair. :lol:
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Hope they added horse hair shampoo to buy from the vet. I've seen people buy it for themselves from the pet store, apparently it's very good for your hair. :lol:

Mane 'n Tail! Yes, I know people who do this, although I've never tried it myself. Apparently if you use the horse shampoo, and take prenatal vitamins even if you aren't pregnant, your hair and nails will be amazing.
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    I was in the camp of people that was never interested in adding horses to the game and I didn't really have any interest in country/ranch gameplay. But I gotta say, I'm actually pretty stoked for this pack. Once the family is filled out and I freeze aging, I'm planning on eventually moving them to their own ranch when I need a change of scenery and sending the cat to the household of one of their relatives to free up a slot for a horse, lol.
  • Options
    jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    edited June 2023
    I'm a bit of a completist because I like world building so much so I buy packs even if I'm not excited about the features so I can have the world and add it to one of my "regions."

I probably won't play with horses just like I have yet to really play with Llamas and Cows. BUT I am so stoked to fill out the StrangerVille/Oasis Springs region with this beautiful world and I am VERY excited about Native American representation and items. I am not First Nations myself but I lived in Navajo, New Mexico for years and I really miss that area and its culture and people. I have always placed a few "Yazzies" and "Begays" (very popular Navajo surnames) in my Strangerville and Oasis Springs and now having some actual thought put into food, assets, etc will be such a bonus.

My own personal StrangerVille in my Template Save is also ranch heavy (and mother plant mystery free) rather than "victorian" so I already have been itching to get back into build mode to update my ranches.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Hope they added horse hair shampoo to buy from the vet. I've seen people buy it for themselves from the pet store, apparently it's very good for your hair. :lol:

Mane 'n Tail! Yes, I know people who do this, although I've never tried it myself. Apparently if you use the horse shampoo, and take prenatal vitamins even if you aren't pregnant, your hair and nails will be amazing.

Not trying to promote a specific brand of horse shampoo here, but I'm one of those Mane 'n Tail® (and body) - people.
    I also buy it at the local chemist, no petshop needed. Horse shampoo works like a horse (just like myself ) plus my hair looks and feels UH-MAZING.

*whips majestic manes*

I don't think I'll be getting pregnant anytime soon though so I guess I'll leave the prenatal vitamins to the ladies and just stick with a hard boiled egg in the mornin'. :D
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,005 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Dr.Quinn: Medicine Woman

🥰 Loved this show <3

I will recreate one of my own horses (used to have 3 ) , also their real life stable <3
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina