Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horse Ranch Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,952 Member
    edited June 2023
    I'm just way too excited because pairing this pack with my other packs will be so much fun and I can already see so many reasons to use content in this pack

even the world itself will be useful addition to my Strangetown

one thing though as to not be too positive :lol:

I wonder if sims will be able to ride without riding helmet :sweat_smile:

I sure hope so because the helmet would look out of place with historical/occult stuff
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,124 Member
    I just notice the nectar making in one of the new pics for Sims 4 Horse Ranch. It takes me back to the Sims 3 World Adventure. B)
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

I thought about you when I saw this 😂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    I'm not crazy about the ranch life per se, which is very similar to farming and that seems to be a big part of this pack but I do love what I see so far! Horses are a long awaited delight to be finally getting! And I of course, can use everything in this pack to suit my needs. I love the western cow boy theme and we don't have anything like it in sims and I'm looking forward to all the cowboy cc 😌.
    The sim brushing the horse has super faded jean clothes that caught my eye 👀.
    Those animals are a cute bonus! But it sounds like we get mini versions only. Still, like chickens I hope I can find a way to let them run free in my house lol.

My only concern really is the same as always. How can I have my 8 sim family, a dog, a cat. and three horses?😭😭 Guess I'll have to use mods to expand the household.
    I can't wait to see all the new animations and interactions! And I'm so happy the include kids in everything now!
    I know it sounds dangerous but I hope we can ride with infant carrier 😂
    I'm always happy to get new dances but I really wish they would fix dancing in general so when you click dance together, sims don't walk away from eachother and turn around to dance lol

I'm not a big fan of desserts but we were due for one. Oasis Springs is old (newer worlds are so much better) and strangerville is small for me.
    So I'm looking forward to learn more about this world and can't wait for the trailer!
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    edited June 2023
    As long as I can make a zebra (similar to racoons and foxes) I will be a happy Simmer!

Now I will sit and wait patiently for a medieval pack…

Yey for finally, finally getting another desert world. Hopefully it comes with a 64x64!
  • deedles64deedles64 Posts: 149 Member
    Does this mean we are finally getting a completely open world? Or closer to it?
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,380 Member
    deedles64 wrote: »
    Does this mean we are finally getting a completely open world? Or closer to it?

I think the world will probably have large neighbourhood space to roam about on a horse, but there will still be lots. Unless you want to visit the bar and ride a horse there, I don't think it will be an issue.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I mentioned this in the negative thread, but thought it should be mentioned here as well. The sheep and goats are fully grown miniatures. A few simmers are confusing them with babies which is understandable because they are so cute.

Miniature goats are fairly popular right now in my area because they are more easily managed and take up less space.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I'm glad that it has finally been confirmed! Now I can start planning...

Eh, who am I kidding. I've been planning for months. One of my played sims was created with horses in mind, long before we even got hints that they were coming. She already has a cat, a dog, a cow, and three hens. It's about time for her to get a horse, too, preferably a unicorn. I'm not ruling those out yet, even though we haven't seen any. I mean, the entire pack seems to be about horses and a few other things, so they better milk the theme as much as they can to justify selling it as an EP.

Looking forward to tomorrow's trailer.

@telemwill I was one of those simmers, so thank you for the clarification!
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,667 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I'm just way too excited because pairing this pack with my other packs will be so much fun and I can already see so many reasons to use content in this pack

even the world itself will be useful addition to my Strangetown

one thing though as to not be too positive :lol:

I sure hope so because the helmet would look out of place with historical/occult stuff

«I strongly agree that forced helmets would be nothing but ridiculous!»
    Judith Ward.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

If not, I’m sure a modder could fix the problem.

I mean, I’m a strict “every time, every ride” and my helmet goes on before I even put the bridle on (not to mention I’ve got spares in the trailer in case I forget it if we haul out, but … that’s because I’d rather not get a TBI if I get voted off the island by the pony. My sims won’t have that problem and I tend to play more historical anyway.

I am so looking forward to it. I have historical saves and historical story plots that absolutely have been on hold for years in the hopes of horses making a return.
  • sclevenger08sclevenger08 Posts: 125 Member
    Haflinger wrote: »
    Have to admit, as I’m starting ranch chores (the first of which is mucking the paddock) I’m getting a good chuckle about “collecting horse manure for fertilizer” because that’s pretty much what I’m doing IRL and now my sims are gonna do it too.

Makes me wonder if there’s gonna be messy horses like my mare was that go anywhere they want all over the stall/paddock and neat horses that go in one spot (like my gelding, which is conveniently by the back gate closest to the manure pile)

OMG that would be so cool. My mom had a TWH Stallion and he would only go in one specific spot in his field, no where else. lol. But her APH Mare? EVERYWHERE. lol. I would love to see little quirks like that
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    ashcrash19 wrote: »
    BEYOND excited! I've been waiting for this for years. I loved the horses in S3 and am so thrilled they will be back. :heart: Happy they will be a family member...though that means I need to rethink my family situation as with two cats, four children (two are adopted occult) etc I'm at max. May end up having her twin sister have the two adopted occults instead to make room for at least a horse and foal. Not sure yet :mrgreen:

I do have a llama and cow and chickens on the lot, will definitely need a larger one to fit the horses, goats, sheep etc! Cannot wait!!!!

I simply love how you list the two cats before the children :)

LOL! Could be because I currently IRL have two cats and no kids yet, so they are my furbabies :heart:
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    This is happiness! Does it look like in one of those photos that kids can ride too, that so great.
  • deedles64deedles64 Posts: 149 Member
    Open world or not I can't wait for horses and I used to have 🐐 so that's just a cherry on top for me.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,544 Member
    I'm very excited for this EP. The mini-sheep and goats will fit in perfectly to my Ancestral game save that I'm just now reviving, or starting anew, I should clarify. The early colonists in the 18th century brought over miniature breeds from Europe because, obviously, it was easier to transport them. Bantam.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,459 Member

I thought about you when I saw this 😂

Haha, thank you @Babykittyjade! I thought about me too. :D
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Since I didn't play Sims 3 that much, I never got to play with horses, and that made me sad because I was a horse fanatic when I was a kid. (Shiny black stallions with long flowing manes and wild buckskins were my favorites.) I even still have some of my old Breyer horse collection that I'm hoping to pass down to one of my relative's daughters, since I just heard she's into horses now. So I've been hoping horses would come to Sims 4, and yay! They're coming! I can have a fierce black steed at last!

I'm very curious about the CAS, I'm hoping for some more retro Western styles from the 1800s, but I suspect that's not the direction they went. In any case, I'm thinking we're going to get some more rugged, unisex clothing, which I look forward to. The nectar making isn't something I particularly wanted, but nectar drinking , I'm all in. 😁 Hope there's some new "juiced" animations.
    #Team Occult
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I have waited this for so long, yes I am the annoying "but-when-we-will-get-horses" person. I love the western theme and I'm really surprised there will be other animals as well. I just hope the world will be really good for riding and that horses/riding also fit other worlds. Growing Together had many elements I wanted, but I think this is literally a dream pack. The horses look so good too, I hope they move beautifully. I am still waiting for milestones disappearing bug to be fully fixed, but even that can't take away my joy.
    Omg my heart just melted!! 🥺🥺🥺🥺 why must sims always do this to me lol. 😭
  • ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Omg my heart just melted!! 🥺🥺🥺🥺 why must sims always do this to me lol. 😭
    Oh my gosh....I love that cute sheep :bawling:<3
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,850 Member
    edited July 2023
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member

I'm ready for this pack! :mrgreen: Made horse stables the best I could until release.

3io65y6hdaoe.png
    35m978n0mxc4.png
    rc6qkjb5s3ja.png
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    telemwill wrote: »
    Looking forward to seeing the trailer on Thursday! Honestly, I love all the exciting build up before a pack as much as actually getting a new pack.

I'm so happy that all of you who wanted horses are getting them. I'm also happy to see a child on horseback! It looks like the Sims team is listening to us.

The world looks more northern Arizona to me than the southern desert area. I'm a little disappointed that there are no cacti 🌵, but eager to learn more about the world.

They put them in that road map sign so I'm still holding out. I really want them. Especially for all the delicious foods you can make with cacti. My mom was raised in Arizona and I've never been. I know she missed it. So this world is pretty cool. Yeah I was very open to a non-American world. Or like a huge world with different regions having different designs. But this is nice too. And my sims get to try the foods I haven't yet. Living vicariously.

I think my big positives for this are horses duh. I think I'm a horse girl who has never really gotten the chance (minus one traumatic embarrassing moment as a child at a fair) to actually ride one. Which is why one of my actual dreams is to have enough land to have horses. But also bc I'm hoping and praying for cross pack integration that brings some supercool magical steeds. As well as unicorns and binicorns once we have fairies. I think pegasi should exist already for spellcasters. Those brooms are a menace.

I'm also excited for the nectar. For the mini goats and sheep. Hoping we can make cheese and other things. Like we can make it on the stove from cows milk so let us make more types. And hopefully we get more preservation and canning options from this. Like jerky. They didn't mention any crafting methods in the leak like sewing. Would be nice to make our own chaps. But who knows? I think we're in for a really interesting time.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    Anyone up for goat yoga? Would be cool (for my sims that is).
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion