Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    It's triple chaos (or triple cuteness!) time!

Chapter 17

FriUj4N.png
    image.png
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

Chapter 17

FriUj4N.png

good luck with that.triplets can cause chaos. but for some odd reason alana caused more than alonzo or ayden. well as a kid. then ayden took over.
  • Options

Chapter 17

FriUj4N.png

good luck with that.triplets can cause chaos. but for some odd reason alana caused more than alonzo or ayden. well as a kid. then ayden took over.

Thanks! LOL I guess you just never know. Wonder if one of mine will be more trouble than the others too.
    image.png
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

96f010c07d9d1f5018dbe3bea32651853ea9636c.jpg
    Chapter 3 is about Ji Ho's first days at the Space Bar
    where
    - Giga tries to bring Ji Ho and Vlad together (and why it is not a good idea)
    - Vlad gets tempted but shows an incredible amount of self control to keep his distance to Ji Ho
    - Ji Ho gets his second secret present from Vlad
    - Vlad gets the scars on his back
    - Jack keeps Ji Ho from โ€˜flirtingโ€™ with Jeb
    - Ji Ho gets introduced to some more part time jobs
    and where we learn about Ji Ho's traumatic childhood at Sulani
    0eba05feb4f648b49d9e0e039000541e053df3b3.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game ๐Ÿ›บ A Dramedy ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿป๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿฝ The Boys ๐Ÿฅ‡ Their first year - A Dramedy ๐Ÿš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera ๐ŸŽ The Stables - A Horse Drama
    ๐ŸŽ Best of Buydebug โ˜ƒ๏ธ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips ๐ŸŽฌ My Builds: Houses ๐Ÿ˜ Rooms ๐Ÿ›‹ SciFi ๐Ÿ‘พ creatively edited Screenshots ๐ŸŽจ
  • Options
    lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,877 Member
    Chapter Eleven: Le Voyage de Noces

Blair and Jean-Claude explore Champs Les Sims for their honeymoon and use the time to understand each other's hopes and dreams for the future.

vzysrc8stzdz.png
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Chapter 18 is a long, busy chapter as Arwyn and Jyoti figure out how to raise triplets while juggling the long hours of their jobs.
    Also quirks have been discovered! Not all in this chapter.
    Chezian: Happy Spitter.
    Dharma: Loves Being Held and Frequently Sneezes.
    Angharad: Hates Being Held.
    image.png
  • Options
    MissCharlieMissCharlie Posts: 405 Member
    edited June 2023
    If you like shifter stories take a look at mine.
    https://dontbeemean.wordpress.com/2023/04/14/the-alinta-pack-1-1/
    Post edited by MissCharlie on
  • Options
    mypalsim1mypalsim1 Posts: 4,282 Member
    Heya, @MissCharlie, next time, post a link in the subject of your post. I can't see signatures on my phone when I look at the forums there. Cool banner, though. :)
    ----
    And finally, here's another update to Alicekai'd:
    Alice1.32.png
    1.32: Toast
  • Options
    I guess today is update day for me. :)

I've had this little baby sitting for weeks, waiting for the other chapters to fill in the spaces between. It's one of the rare times I actually made the poses before writing the chapter itself, from raw idea to actual text to edited about thirty times. Anyway, here it is:

43.png
    43: Truest Worshiper
  • Options
    Nice long chapter this time. The triplets are gaining their milestones pretty fast now. Still not sure if they'll get them all before they age up. No steps in the house and since it's a fresh save, no family to visit.

Chapter 19
    image.png
  • Options
    Chapter Twelve: From One Land to Another

Blair and her siblings step up to support their now retired mother. As Dixonโ€™s career takes off, his sisters reward him with the trip of a lifetime to Shang Simla.

itld6r6nvb6c.jpeg
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options

There is a new post leading to chapter 4 (of currently 18) here at the forum.
    Or If you like to ๐Ÿ‘‰ start at the beginning

aafb49380bf71f0b1f08f932ea73c51c1d00851a.jpg
    Chapter 4

The Weekend Trip to Henford-on-Bagley

where
    Jeb showed up and made Vlad jealous (and we finally removed the bag from Jebโ€™s head),
    a boy went missing, Jackโ€™s clothes went missing, Jack destroyed Barfolomews holy Star Wars tent,
    Jack almost got killed by his own sons from another universe,
    Vlad makes his peace with Jeb, Jack almost burns down the campsite...

Start ๐Ÿ‘‰ here

d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game ๐Ÿ›บ A Dramedy ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿป๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿฝ The Boys ๐Ÿฅ‡ Their first year - A Dramedy ๐Ÿš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera ๐ŸŽ The Stables - A Horse Drama
    ๐ŸŽ Best of Buydebug โ˜ƒ๏ธ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips ๐ŸŽฌ My Builds: Houses ๐Ÿ˜ Rooms ๐Ÿ›‹ SciFi ๐Ÿ‘พ creatively edited Screenshots ๐ŸŽจ
  • Options
    Seems I forgot to post Chapter 20 of Monday's Child, so here it is along with chapter 21.

Chapter 20
    Chapter 21
    image.png
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

Chapter 17

FriUj4N.png

Thanks! LOL I guess you just never know. Wonder if one of mine will be more trouble than the others too.

its the only argument ayden and I ever had. cause i didn't want to write about cheating. then he won .he got up in the middle of the night and threw up. my krpytonite.
  • Options
    Hi everyone! Great updates everywhere!! I took a writing break because I had posts scheduled through to the end of July and just yesterday finally started writing Gen. 3. It got me thinking about different routines and set ups for writing, I found The Sims soundtrack actually quite good for keeping me going :joy:

Do you have a routine or must-have items to write with? I also have to have tea nearby but Iโ€™m British so thatโ€™s never going to change :joy:
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    @lizzielilyy I neither have a routine nor must-have items. It's not possible for me to work like this because I'm with ADHD ;) so I have to write when ever it hits me. But I always have my notebook or the phone nearby to write down ideas and i collect and sort them on my story board. What really helps me with my unsteady brain is to make it a daily habit to pave a path through the mess ๐Ÿ˜… Soon I have my one year anniversary of managing to write almost every day and I'm very proud of myself ๐Ÿฃ
  • Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    Do you have a routine or must-have items to write with? I also have to have tea nearby but Iโ€™m British so thatโ€™s never going to change :joy:

I recently read about a system devised by a current Irish army officer when it comes to hobbies. I think it's something called the Devlin Method or something like that...I can't remember his name. He says that you should work out your next objective...whether it's finishing a gardening project, painting something or writing a chapter...and devote at least 20 minutes a day to it, or do it in 20 minute chunks and then go do something else before returning. 20 minutes is a good chunk of time...it's the length of a coffee/tea break. You can do at least one 20 minute session a day without feeling guilty that you're not pushing something more important aside.

• Options
    edited June 2023
    Putting stuff in 'spoilers' because I think I got a little long-winded.
    @lizzielilyy
    Interesting question, and it's one of the things I love about this thread. As for my "routine," that's funny. I have no routine. Forcing myself into a routine causes me to rebel against everything, meaning I get zero done. I know, I know, it's a good thing to have, but I know myself. Lists are my friends--as long as there is little or no timetable attached. As for a writing routine: any chance I get. I probably do it too much, but it's my go-to weapon against major depression.
    Edit: Forgot to mention: As for 'must-have items': not especially. Earplugs maybe. My hearing is a bit too good, and I struggle to tune things out. However, there was a Sims 3 story I wrote where I had to listen to AC/DC and Journey to get the characters lol!
    This is a great question because I often wonder how everyone else goes about it. The answers are probably as varied as people themselves. It's awesome!

@Lenny_Ogg
    Good to know I'm not the only ADHD sims writer out there. You may totally understand this: I once had to take a remedial writing class because I couldn't manage to pass a college 5 paragraph essay test. Spelling? I rock. Punctuation? Yep. Awesome. Organization? NOPE. (Wait, you mean every sentence in the paragraph has to have something to do with the topic sentence and all those MUST match the thesis? Wha? lol) Failure on the local school system imho because that remedial professor (once she stopped being a b*tch and realized I wasn't stupid) knew all the right things to do to get it through to me. Then my fiction writing stopped being a jumbled mess... eventually. That is, if I'm there yet at all. Hm.
    Anyway, I like your method that you have mapped out for yourself. I'm type A, so I love lists. (Type A and ADHD, yes, it's crazy) I totally get your storyboard thing. Sometimes all it takes is just to SEE it laid out for it to make sense. I really admire your ability to stick to a daily habit. Grats on the one-year anniversary!

And for the other reason I popped in today:
    ate-44.png
    44: Deep Trouble
  • Options
    @mypalsim1 Thank you :) Good to hear from a fellow ADHD writer!
    For all my life I admired writers over all artists.
    It was just something I never imagined being able to do because it was such a hazzle in school to write, to concentrate, to listen...
    You know all that ^^' So I never even tried. And that's so sad.
    Because many, who get discouraged in school, never try. I was in my late forties when I started story telling (I would not call myself a 'writer' haha).
    The reason why I could reach the one year anniversary is my hyperfixation on my current household ^^' one of the longest hyperfixations of my whole life and I worry/cry in advance should it end.
  • Options
    @Lenny_Ogg I get that and am so proud of your anniversary. Thatโ€™s amazing!! Was there anything that helped you stick to it in particular? Like just having a notebook near you all the time?

@Kellogg_J_Kellogg oh wow I love that idea. Iโ€™m going to go read more about that haha. I feel like Iโ€™m a bit too devoted Iโ€™ll spend 12 hours in one go ๐Ÿ˜‚

@mypalsim1 Iโ€™m glad you liked the question ๐Ÿฅฐ Iโ€™m not much of a routine person either and I really like the idea of needing a soundtrack to keep with a story youโ€™re writing!

I think for me Iโ€™ve got quite good at doing it in huge spaced out chunks. Since writing that post Iโ€™ve taken screenshots for the first 8 chapters of Gen 3 and written 1-6 ๐Ÿ˜‚ I hadnโ€™t written anything since maybe mid-May so definitely a boom and bust kinda gal here!
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    Chapter Thirteen: Growing Up

At the House, Jean-Claudeโ€™s nectar business takes off and he finally has his own cellar and orchard/vineyard. Feuding Goths and Landgraabs, or is he an Alto these days?, steal the show at Blairโ€™s birthday party right before she receives life changing news.

4dkmpxhzzt9l.jpeg
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    @lizzielilyy Thank you! ๐Ÿ’
    Things that helped me:
    - yes, I always have something near me to write down ideas. Even in my bed! (I have my own discord server so I have access to my ideas on phone,tablet and desktop ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ’ป )You'll think you won't forget it - but you do. My best ideas come when I try to sleep lol.
    - I never push myself. I've been telling stories for a few years now but only when they come to me.
    - sit down and write doesn't work for me. By doing everyday things, versions of the next scenes live in my head and only when one clicks I write it.
    - 'thanks' to ADHD (like I mentioned in the post above) I have a lot of disadvantages. But also a few advantages, and one of them is ๐Ÿตhyperfixation๐Ÿต (even if a ADHD brain isn't able to focus on the most things around, when you have a hyperfixation on something, you'll get into a flow and can dive into a thing of your interest for hours.) And that's what happened with my current story and makes me write about my current household everyday for almost a year now.
    - making it a habit. Even though I don't write something of 'substance' everyday (as if i ever did haha) I log in almost everyday or/and my head is busy with them.
    - love what I do. I love my Sims and my world. That makes it easy to wrap my thoughts around them. I want to learn more about them and I can't wait to log in and see what happens today (my Sims tend to tell me their story rather than me making something up) I don't use poses to force them into actions. I have scenes in my mind and when they go for sth else, I go with them. It never gets boring or tedious that way.
    - gameplay and tumblr. Many good ideas come and scenes happen while just playing. I often just post gameplay outtakes and my followers like them just as much as the story posts (or sometimes even more haha) so we stay in touch and learn more about them without much effort.
    - my story is not my job. I don't take it too seriously. And when a story doesn't do it anymore for me or if another story is more attractive and urges me to tell it - I do.
    - Not every story post has to be perfect. I have good days and bad days - just like my sims. Sometimes I tell my followers about it in the TMI. I think it's good to have a connection and get some feedback or comfort ^^' tumblr takes out a lot of pressure
    - I don't compare myself with others. I never learned how to properly write something and my english is not the best. And I admire a lot of other story tellers/ writers. But I do my own thing. When I see my old story posts I try not to see how bad they are compared to what I am able to achieve now. I'm proud of my progress and learned by just doing it and I'l lkeep on going - to reach the next level ๐Ÿ‘พ
  • Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
  • Options
    @Lenny_Ogg
    Sometimes I'd like to imagine what my 12th grade English teacher would say if she found out that I became a writer. LOL. It's sad, though, why I say that because both my doc and mom KNEW I had it but never said anything because my shrink uncle said I would 'lose brain cells' if I went on meds. *rolls eyes* I wasn't disruptive. Much. I never considered myself hyperactive. I just existed in my own world kind of. I was at best a C student. The very last semester of high school, guess what? I started on meds and BOOM! A's. It's like I was walking around with someone covering almost everything from view with their hand and the meds moved the hand away so I could see. Or, it's like putting on glasses for the first time when you had no idea you needed them. (There are leaves on the trees?)

But you're right: I never even tried writing. Sure, I loved reading. I could read all day. It wasn't until my early 30s that I finally even started trying. Ya know, I wonder if some of us are just built that way. Life experience is a big deal when telling a story that's 'utter fiction.'
    I understand the fixation on a particular story. Chain Reaction started in 2015. I haven't updated it in a few months, but I still consider it active. Keep it going! I wanna check yours out sometime. I read mostly while I work, off and on, and I only work when I have to lol. :)

And here's an update to the isekai story:
    Alice1.33.png
    1.33: Family Life

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top