Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    @Metior_Ice for the fires: moveobjects on and the shortcuts to lift and minimize the fires
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,092 Member
    edited June 2023
    For this update, i teased you with this picture:
    eLw0qtV.png
    Sadly, my sim self's dog Boomer's time was due as he was an elder dog and he passed on from old age. My sim self and his wife cried their eyes out for most of the following day:
    mLCbu2k.png

A few days later after Boomer's passing, my sim self's son Harry got stink bombed at his school and Grimmy was visiting my sim self's family once more!
    Glq2sla.png

His sister Jessica was also at school with Harry this time and she saved him from the reaper. Here he is being given a second chance. I called my sim self who you can see to the right of the picture celebrating his son has been spared just in case Jessica's plea didn't work:
    8Or9Rhk.png

Heading towards Harvestfest 1996 and looking around the Neighbourhood, i love the decorations on the houses in Llama Lagoon, Newcrest:
    R0PE6Vf.png
    Yf2w9Nv.png
    kTRkBPa.png
    QODGgDk.png
    8cSKvaA.png
    7wk8TG0.png

Christmas 1996, here is my sim self and his wife Emily talking to Father Winter. I have to admit both Harvestfest and Winterfest holidays were not as busy as previous holidays:

fnKcSC2.png

The five of us did share a turkey dinner together though!
    1Dbgcwu.png

In to Spring 1997, three of my sim self's children aged up!

Harry aged up first, here he is with his sister Jessica on his birthday:
    8WJkcyx.png

Harry heads off to his last day at school to take his final exams:
    pLFqxXd.png

At the end of his final day at school, Harry clears out his locker:
    DQOplLI.png

After school, Harry invited his family and friends round for a rockin' party!
    3HTgzlZ.png
    EEpsLF3.png
    pyAmDHW.png
    nyndnvD.png
    QhYncpN.png

A week later after Harry's birthday, his brother Jacob aged up to a child:
    lD8WJSw.png

I'd say Jacob looks very much like his mother Emily!
    YWjrC64.png

And two weeks after Jacob, Jessica celebrates her birthday!
    Here is Jessica on her last day of high school:
    6ibCODK.png

Jessica is excited to be taking her final ever exams!
    RIURVsT.png

Like her brother Harry, Jessica had a birthday party after school and invited her friends and family:
    fgwa5Jx.png

I'm pleased to see Jessica's mother Liberty getting in to the party spirit!
    lO2MClB.png

Jessica's birthday also fell on my sim self's family's second annual family reunion. Here are some pictures from our 1997 gathering:

Jessica with her older sister Ayla:
    C44UZ3U.png
    NQXpG4L.png
    h2KIPfu.png
    3KAb0TG.png

Wait, two of my sim self's ex wives in the same place?! Who invited the second ex...? (The second ex is the one in the purple in the bottom picture!)

Some more pics:
    My sim self's daughter Sienna, Alien granddaughter Daisy and my sim self's son Carlin:
    jurt12C.png

Jessica and my sim self's grandson Clyde:
    H99reE7.png

Plans next for Harry and Jessica: Both of them will go off to University together. After they've completed University, Jessica wants to move in with her mother Liberty and spend some time with her and Harry want's a place of his own.

Post edited by EA_Solaire on
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    @DaniRose2143
    @simgirl1010
    Ooo, the big day is getting so close! I can't wait!😁

I don't think it's happening tomorrow. I underestimated the time needed for all the pre-wedding events. Cake tasting, rehearsal dinner, dinner with Elliott's parents and grandparents, dress shopping. Thank goodness it's not a real wedding. They'll get married when I'm ready. 😄

in sims3 my sims were more like this. sims 4. they say opps where did the baby come from.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,856 Member
    Mimi had a night off to remember...

cUCmbU8.png

Not with that guy, that's the Orchid's owner and Mimi's boss. It was with this guy...
    q3eHmeQ.png

It's not a full chapter, just a short interlude.
    Schemes & Dreams: Interlude
  • Options
    @Lenny_Ogg
    I love your Noxee!❤️ I need to find the time to watch that movie again. It's been years since I watched it last.

@BlueSeaWaves
    I need to get back to work on the movie studio. If you liked that you're going to go bonkers when you see it now! I hope to have it done this week. Aww, Scoopy Doo's.🥰 Be careful Warner, the military don't like their coverups becoming uncovered. I love how Colette and Warner are getting in extra woohoo before he leaves.🙂

@Koteyka
    I love this story so much. It hurt to watch Tony struggle like that and lash out but Allyson and Graham are such loving parents that you knew it would all be ok. I'm looking forward to the day when he feels like he can open up to them.❤️
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    @DaniRose2143 Thank you 💐 yes, that movie is worth watching it all over again 💃🏿 and again ;)
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    fujicakes1fujicakes1 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Well, I left my game running to see what hijinks they would get into and then fell asleep because of my narcolepsy and forgot about it lol...so it completely froze up after awhile. But after I rebooted my computer, I played with a nice little family and watched the parents play with their kids and watched the kids play with each other and etc. Super cute and relaxing. I don't know about kids irl lol, but they're adorbs in video games. I mostly played Disney Dreamlight Valley today, though, catching up on update stuff that I didn't get to right away.
    All my daily trances, and all my nightly dreams, are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams.
    I dance to the beat of my own drum, no matter how measured or far away.
    I do love a road. You can always be wondering what is at the end of it.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    when you try to shoot a super dramatic scene and they be like

a09f0cd40fab660ee796833affd71a35f8fdcaf2.jpg
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    Just a quick note to let you all know, I'm still here, but I have been arguing with my laptop something fierce this past several days. I've played my game for only a short time in the interim, less than a full Sim Day. Eventually, I hope to put out an update. Thanks for your indulgence.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Just a quick note to let you all know, I'm still here, but I have been arguing with my laptop something fierce this past several days. I've played my game for only a short time in the interim, less than a full Sim Day. Eventually, I hope to put out an update. Thanks for your indulgence.

i'm arguing with my sim library it disappeared came back and then disappeared again.
  • Options
    I almost didn't share this, and I wouldn't blame anyone for thinking 'She changed her mind again?!🙄 She's never going to finish this movie studio build'. I really am positive I hit on the design that was rolling around in my head but I couldn't fully visualize.

DRKlQOB.png
    Oda9A52.png
    zEjaD3i.png
    6XZEKVU.png
    zCekpHB.png
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    That's great @DaniRose2143. Love how you put so emphasis on your story lots. Makes it more authentic.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    @simgirl1010 Thank you.🙂 I love being able to show as much of the story that’s in my mind as I can. I should be able to finish this up fairly quickly. The detailing outside is going to be the most tedious part. The little office building up front will have the lobby, a small cafe/coffee shop, an executive office, a few cubicles, and a small spa area. The sound stages should be fairly easy.

This was exactly what I was looking for when I started this little project. I just couldn’t fully visualize it.🙂
  • Options
    MoeVilleMoeVille Posts: 1 New Member
    Not today but my I have two to share.
    1. My sim, Namomi Murphy wanted a big family, but didn’t realize how stressful it was. All of the children were diaper and breastfeeding age, and Naomi was a little overwhelmed. As a matter fact she was holding one of the babies as they were fussy, literally had to put the baby down, while in labor, and passed out.

2. Another sim family. Zaiden Forrest finally proposed to his girlfriend Rhonda Dowlings. He was nervous but remembered he has been getting assurance from Rhonda for over a sim year. Well, he asked and she said YES!!!! Immediately after he died of hysterical laughter.
  • Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    Things! Stuff! I'm fast approaching chapter 200 of Sim 66 and I'm setting things up for both chapters 199 and 200 and a whole bunch of special chapters a soundtrack and even a short film! All will be revealed...bwa-ha-ha!
  • Options
    @Brd709 Loved your update! I've had my Uni kids throw stink bombs at the opposition Mascot before, but no deaths involved. I have to assume it's either not a stink bomb, proper, I have mis-remembered the name, or these things are not the same. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    My legacy sim (3rd generation) had his girlfriend move into his house. She's a werewolf, and he built her a holding pen in the basement where she can go when she rages out. I put a few plants in there, but mostly because I thought it was funny to give her a holding area with an old couch that she can tear up or sleep on, blocked off by a baby gate, that's what I did.

When she transforms, I have her go to the pen and then her boyfriend locks the gate so she can't leave.

She can't really interact with the plants, so mostly she just spends the time transformed tearing up the couch or peeing on the floor. About halfway into the night, the pen was covered in territorial markings, with green stink mist everywhere, and she was just beating the heck out of the couch. (Enrichment is important for your werewolves.)

It's important to know at this point that the werewolf girl also lived with an old dog that she brought along when she moved in. I never thought to lock the dog out of the pen.

So while she's transformed and the pen is just a nightmare of wolf stink and extreme couch violence, in wanders the old dog ... and it immediately drops dead. The werewolf can't communicate with the Grim Reaper. She can only snarl at him or fight him--or she could theoretically fight him, anyway. I think maybe there wasn't enough room, because she kept saying she couldn't find a path to fight him and canceling the action.

The Grim Reaper didn't drop an urn or gravestone for the dog.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,435 Member
    Hope everyone is doing well, wanted to get comments out sooner but been busy with work.
    @Koteyka
    *Sigh* Tony, Tony, Tony😔 Glad the Mitchells aren’t getting angry with Tony with how’s he’s acting. Lol Tony still being angry while the fire lighter is in his hand. Aw this chapter made me tear. Haha
    "You're not the best liar, you know,"
    This lightened the mood🥲 LOL the bank, Grahams sense of humor is the best 🤣 Glad the way this ended.🥹
    @GalacticGal
    P.1174 Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it. I’m with Kayleigh, Strangerville can be dangerous. I’m really hoping nothing happens to Warner, I haven’t done Strangerville in years, fingers crossed nothing hurts him😥 P.1176 Hoping all gets resolved soon! Not being able to play when you want too is the worst.
    @SmellinCoffee
    P.1174 What a great name for a Llama, Cuzco.
    @RedDestiny92
    P.1175 Thanks you, Warner and his daughter, Nora share a close bond 🙂
    Lmao “romantic to change yourself” 🤣 As long as it works
    @Lenny_Ogg
    P.1175 Neat potion class session! Good luck with the job Ji Ho. Pricipals Prescott office is nicely decorated 👍
    @GrumpyGlowfish
    P.1175 Aww great chicken farm! Their names ♥️
    @Metior_Ice
    P.1175 Kemps’ a real hero! Coincidence that Damion stopped by🤔 Looking forward to the update with Damions date, he’s a really cool sim😎
    @Brd709
    P.1176 Aw RIP Boomer. Omg another visit by Grim, at school?! Teens can be harsh on each other😅 Atlest his sister was around to save him. Happy birthday Harry, oo lots of birthdays. Wishes to Jacob and Jessica😁
    @DaniRose2143
    P.1176 Warner’s going to be extra careful while investigating. I haven’t done the Strangerville story in years so I forgot how it goes. Hopefully Warner doesn’t get …unalived😳
    Haha changing your mind is all part of the building process. The amount of times I bulldozed a lot before finding the one is incredibly high. Your designs are amazing though! Great use of the roofs for the ramps. Great use of detail, your builds look so realistic.
  • Options
    @BlueSeaWaves Thank you! :)

Today in chapter 18:
    Ji Ho and Genji got arrested by the Council for:
    unauthorised departure of the school grounds, burglary, theft, treason, coercion (of Vlad), disturbance of the dead,
    aiding and abetting the escape of Leander and Wesley (the former dead)...
    As if they needed reasons to arrest a creature, but at least they tried - for for appearance's sake.

ad01cf6051767bb1f00e6b5842732c5bfd3c7f81.jpg

And then I wrote a summary about Leander's side of the story, which red thread reaches back to July last year - my head is exploding.
    84fc8030e92c6695b0da8a8bed0cbce16d0abddd.jpg
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143 I have been on a movie lot. You have outdone yourself with this one. Great job!
  • Options
    @GalacticGal Thank you.🙂 I got the original inspiration from a Warner Bros. movie intro...
    https://youtu.be/oMtKA4RyAHE

I found a couple of movie lot builds, one from JessSalem1 and the other from Alerion that gave me lots of ideas. I drew some ideas from them like where the star's trailers are parked(Alerion) and where the office is located(both). Unlike them I didn't make an outdoor movie set, I added another sound stage. I didn't have enough room for an outdoor set, even though I'm using a bigger lot. Technically I did but from experience it's hard to set up my screenshots and not have the camera jumping to the moon because of a nearby building or object. I like to get the camera down at eye level but all that detailing in a small space makes that difficult. A super detailed big lot can work work if your just playing the game and not worried about camera angles and such.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Of Things, Domestic, a NEW Erik Cantrell Save

“Melodie, do you know what I found on my Simstagram Account today?” Erik said, gazing down at the tiny girl.
    “No, I don’t check your account, Daddy.”
    “Well, that’s certainly good to know. Happily, I have fans who care about my family. One posted this,” Erik turned his phone around so that the girl to view it.
    “Oh.”

“And this is what she wrote,‘Erik, is this your little girl? She says her name is Melodie Cantrell and she looks like she could be yours. She’s got your smirk. I just thought you might like to know what she posted.’ And then there’s the video you apparently made. I’m quite curious as to when you had time to do this. You were supposed to be in school today.”
    “Hi, my name is Melodie Elizabeth Cantrell. Today I’m going to share some fashion tips you might find useful.”
    jYRWFGN.jpg
    XrCO5Am.jpg

“What makes me know so much, you may ask? Well, my parents are really snappy dressers. You might be familiar with my Daddy. He’s Erik Cantrell, the Rock Star. And, yes, he’s very cool. Even when he’s mad at me.”
    z2TZp1Y.jpg

“And if you do that, you’ll always look great.”
    c0ZJ84I.jpg

Kayleigh fidgeted and gave every impression she needed to interject herself into the conversation. Without, she hoped, stepping on her husband’s toes in the process. “Uh,” she said, clearing her throat. “Melodie wasn’t in school today. And Peter was having so much trouble I couldn’t keep my eye on her the whole time, I’m afraid. I was lucky to keep Andrew out of trouble.”
    Erik gazed over at this wife, busily bouncing Peter to help quell his troubled tummy. “Did you give her permission, my darling wife? You know I went down to the Studios today, because I thought you only had Andrew and Peter to watch. Had I known otherwise … wait, just why wasn’t she in school? She doesn’t appear sick.”

Kayleigh began to laugh in that cute nervous fashion she had when she had to admit to a horrendous mistake. “It was my fault. I tried to register the girls for school using only one form. I guess they thought I wrote Harmony Melodie Cantrell, missing the ampersand I put between their names. So, she didn’t get to go today. I feel like a complete dolt. I know I mentioned they were twins, but I guess the School Registrar was just as hassled as I was. At any rate I did get it all straightened out and she will attend tomorrow.”

“Okay,” Erik said, turning off his phone. “You, young lady, do not have permission to play with the video rig. And if I find another vlog of yours circulating the Internet and trust me, it’s going to be there forever, I will ban you from the room. If that doesn’t work, I will lock the door to my Man Cave. Understood? And don’t you give me that smirk.”

The next morning found the twins down in the kitchen.
    Excited to finally be able to go to school, Melodie sprang out of bed once the alarm went off.
    PU5C6k0.png

“Daddy, Daddy,” they both chimed at once.
    “Perfect synchronicity,” Erik said, as he plated the breakfast from the pan. “Boy am I ever glad you’re color-coded. Breakfast is ready, help yourself.”
    “I lost another tooth,” Harmony said.
    “And I have a loose tooth,” Melodie said.
    FUUPuq3.jpg

“And I have made a wonderful breakfast scramble, which is soft, so you both can eat.”
    roJOVnt.jpg
    “So, have at it. Before it gets too late.”

Erik spent the time home to help Kayleigh out with the little ones. With Peter having a constant gassy-belly, he was mostly miserable and required a lot of bouncing to help alleviate the problem. Then there were the copious times he simply had a diaper blowout. Erik was on hand to assist with that, too.
    fW4QRYQ.png
    IpXUq04.png
    “There you go, little Fella, all clean dry an ready to go.”3pvzqjc.png

It was particularly difficult when he woke up in a mess. “Oh, Baby Boy, let’s get you all cleaned up. You poor little thing.”
    S2lA1a7.png

“Here we go, that’s better. Yes, that’s so much better.”
    img

Before they could feed the baby solid food, the doctor insisted he be able to sit up. With him being so gassy, he often slept only fitfully, which meant shortly after he was diapered and fed, he was ready for another nap. This cut down the Tummy Time so vital to his motor skills. Again, Erik was home. He had released his twenty-first album and the ensuing gigs took place across the globe so that he was home just after midnight.
    p153vnL.jpg

One afternoon, after Peter awoke, Erik took a moment to have Tummy Time with his little son. For once he seemed sans any pain. He knew Kayleigh had sharply curtailed her own diet so that the food she was eating wouldn’t cause the baby undue gas.
    “Okay, Petie, let’s practise sitting up,” Erik chortled, as he placed him on the circlet. “Steady, steady ...”
    S4Dhpy3.png

“Look at you. Aren’t you full of surprises. Way to go, Peter! Daddy’s so proud of you. You’re doing it. Kayleigh, Peter’s sitting up on his own!”
    NKLehWY.png

Kayleigh came into the Man Cave. “Is he, by chance, hungry?”
    “Probably, I wanted to take advantage of his non-gassy state, so I bypassed the bottle. He doesn’t seem to miss it.”
    Snatching him up, she took Peter out to the row of highchairs and placed him in one.
    “How about we try some Rice Porridge. That’s very gentle and you might like it. Here we go, here we go. Oh-oh-oh, are you ready?”
    zSB20Ww.png

“Well, at least your tummy is full of something other than milk, for a change. Good job.”
    RXUHSDz.png

While awaiting his three scholars, Erik helped clean the house. Never let it be said, I failed to lend a hand.

He took the time to tackle the shameful Guest bathroom on the ground floorl
    8nJtuzI.png
    zUB9pR8.png

Snapping off the vacuum, he heard the cheerful voices of his eldest three children, as they came barreling through the front door. From the bathroom just off of the entryway, Erik could hear the shuffle of feet, and the general rustling, as they divested themselves of their backpacks. He joined them in the dining room.
    He sat down to have a nice chat with Andrew.
    boqQs93.png
    Then, as the three older kids got situated, Erik joined them at the table.
    Av28YR8.png

“So, tell me about your day at school?”
    XbOUH1G.png
    dBJGQBs.jpg

The children filled him in on their day, the girls talking over each other, so he had a hard time sorting out who did what. He did catch that each of them had managed to raise their grade from a C to a B, for which he praised them both. “And you, Jamison, is you’re ‘A’ holding steady?” The boy nodded. “I am proud of each of you for taking your education seriously. Keeping a good grade will help you get farther in life. I know, I’m living proof.”

“Do you have the Starlight Accolade Show on Sunday, Daddy?”
    “Yes, I do.”
    “I counted your trophies and you have eighteen. So that makes this one nineteen, right?”
    “Very good math, Harmony. If I win it will be the nineteenth trophy.”
    “Teacher says you’re a shoo-in,” Jamison said, furrowing his brow. “What does that mean?”

“Some think my winning streak isn’t over, yet. That’s what that means. We’ll see what happens.”

“Are you nervous?” Melodie asked, her eyes wide.
    “Not any more. I used to get terribly nervous, but then I would win, and after a time, I guess I forgot to get nervous. I’m going to let you three get your homework done. We have plans for tomorrow and then Sunday will be upon us before any of us knows it. Besides, I think it’s my turn to make dinner.”

All for now. Thanks for reading. I'm so grateful my laptop allowed me to access my pictures today! ;)
  • Options
    Lady_EarthLady_Earth Posts: 187 Member
    Tanner: This is the family from the sitcom, ALF, before the alien came into their lives.

I'd say that Lynn had the most interesting run before the baby was born. Here's her jamming on a guitar.
    06-07-23-12-35-11-PM.png

At first I tried to get her together with Tenya from My Hero Academia, but Lynn's fancies turned to someone else.
    06-07-23-3-52-38-PM.png

Mercutio Monty was one of the classmates she got a crush on.
    06-11-23-4-38-42-PM.png

The other is Fuuka from Persona 3. So far, she hasn't flirted with one of them yet.
    06-13-23-7-37-05-PM.png

Since the family did have a third child in the series and the mom (Kate) wanted a kid, I let her have it. I named the tyke Eric after the third child.
    06-11-23-4-44-52-PM.png

I don't know if this is a glitch, but it seems that when I followed Lynn to high school, leaving Eric in care of his mom, the baby wasn't really cared for. Nothing was attended to or anything.
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    edited June 2023
    "New save again??? I'mma blog about it!!"

Kerrigan hates starting over! I can't help it though!! I'm using some subtle CC to smooth out the skin. I think it looks really cool!

2E18uMA.png

"hey girl, that hair is alien cultural appropriation!"

Melissa is too stunned for words!

hO2GA4u.png

• Options
    @BlueSeaWaves Thank you.🙂 I got a bit done last night and this morning. I finished the lobby and the coffee shop/cafe...
    dGIc9sT.png
    hiDCGrR.png
    jsrmnR4.png
    UCCGEef.png
    lTz3bU8.png

I laid out the beginnings of the spa. Stars can come in and get a massage, a mani/pedi, or relax in the sauna. I made one little change to the space where the stars trailers are parked. I thought the fence being on the ground looked a little bland so I raised them up on a small wall. I wanted to put flowers and shrubs on top but the game won't let me. If I manage to get them centered the game snaps them to the ground instead of to the top of the platform.
    LqBdhYq.png
    iJk0tBg.png
    nvocodZ.png

After work I can finish up the spa and do the second floor office area and then start on the two sound stages.😁

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top