Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you build your own house or do you download from gallery?

Comments

• Options
    PuzzlingMysteryPuzzlingMystery Posts: 158 Member
    I always build my own houses; I've only ever gotten Community lots from the gallery.
  • Options
    FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    Download from the gallery.

Delete every object that was placed with MOO or Alt.

Delete every debug object.

Delete every object on the walls.

Then I go through the lot, add what I want and prosper.
  • Options
    ryouma17ryouma17 Posts: 50 Member
    iam terrible at coming up with a house design that would be realistic iam also terrible at interior decorating so i always download lots however i do not use the gallery i always use the sims resource (the free version i refuse to pay for mods or CC)

i did the same thing in FF14 my interior decorating skills are 0 i couldnt come up with something on my own if i wanted so i just went online and used other peoples designs to decorate my house
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,130 Member
    There are some great builders on the Gallery but I enjoy building and landscaping so I just do it myself. Landscaping is relaxing to me, once I figure out what I want that is.

Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,543 Member
    I build my own.
    I may occasionally download another simmer's lot if what they have is really good and I don't have time to build it myself.
    Hogwarts castle, for example.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited May 2023
    I'm a completely hopeless builder so I basically always use pre-existing houses and edit them to fit my needs. So Gallery is utilized fairly regularly. Though I dislike how many of their "starter houses" are overcluttered with excessive MOO use and basically anything but a starter house when you look at the price, but that's when my own editing happens. And/or cheats. Often have to use freerealestate in order to afford the thing, then can lower the funds later.
  • Options
    grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 306 Member
    I do a bit of both. I quite enjoy building & am in the process of redoing all the Maxis made lots. I do download quite a few houses from the Gallery but usually end up adjusting them a bit to be more to my own taste.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,389 Member
    edited May 2023
    I can't build at all, so I download houses from the gallery. I also use Maxis made houses that are already in the game.
    I'm forever grateful for the builders who share their amazing creations in the gallery. :):+1:
  • Options
    mrs_starkeymrs_starkey Posts: 173 Member
    edited May 2023
    I do both. I love building and decorating homes for my actively played Sims. :) I also enjoy building community lots like restaurants, parks ect. when I feel inspired.
    But I also LOVE to browse through the gallery to find the most amazing community builds!! I don't care about the use of MOO, because with it builders can do stunning lots! <3 When I play in those builds and something isn't working because of MOO, I simply move the object a little bit to the side or delete it, and everything is fine again.

The gallery builds are so inspiring for my gameplay and they often give me new ideas to play. I just love them!
    So sad though that the gallery isn't working anymore in Offline-Mode with the EA App. :(
  • Options
    kerryemmiebethkerryemmiebeth Posts: 400 Member
    I download most of my houses. I am useless at building. I ocasionally will have a go at building my own house but they are rubbish. I am actually using a house that I built myself in my Aspiration Challenge save and I have to say that I am actually half pleased with it. I would never attempt to build a community lot. I know my limits. I leave things like that to the pros!
  • Options
    MarkooshMarkoosh Posts: 108 Member
    My main household, I'll always build their home and shops (which would be 3 lots so far)... because I'm not that great of a builder, it takes way too long for me and I want to "play already". So I seek the work of this amazing and creative community for all the other lots, that search bar never disappoints. I have my perfect Worlds thanks to the gallery.

My biggest weakness in building is structure, its like impossible for me not to end up with a box and terrible roof work... guess I'm good as EA themselves. I hope one day I take the time to learn to be good at it.
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    Gallery
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    I download houses from the gallery & then renovate them to my liking. I can’t build. :D
  • Options
    MykalaplyMykalaply Posts: 1,041 Member
    Download from gallery
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,131 Member
    I don't use gallery for anything--I either build my own, or remodel an existing one
  • Options
    mitchiebanjomitchiebanjo Posts: 172 Member
    I download a lot of houses. But I really like starting with a tiny house and adding on to it sort of higgledy piggledy. I like the results and can mess with the house over and over.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I enjoy both. It’s rare for me to keep a gallery house as is, though. I always make modifications. For example, my favorite gallery build is a bowling alley I converted into a residence.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    I can't build to save my life. I've tried many times, and some turn out okay but not Instagram or YouTube worthy, so most download galleries from my favorite builder.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,148 Member
    I build my own houses almost everytime, only community lots I download and change them according to my needs. I like even to implement the "construction site" into my gameplay, because my sims aren't that much rich. They simply can't afford a full reconstruction and renovation at once.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited May 2023
    I don’t use the gallery. I mostly improve pre-built in game houses but I’ve built 2 or 3 from scratch now 🙂.

I’m a real beginner, I cannot do the outside to save my life and I’ve only just got the hang of basic roofs. But the inside and the layout is improving all the time.
  • Options
    AaleynAaleyn Posts: 304 Member
    I do both. I love building, decorating and landscaping. I enjoy building different residential lots and community lots for my sims. I also love renovating the existing lots that are in the game.
    I also download lots (residential lots and community lots) from the Gallery and I often edit them to fit my needs in my game.
    There are a lot of awesome creators, it's great to see all those wonderful creations and getting ideas and inspiration from other creators! :blush:
    I only upload my own creations to the Gallery (or renovations that I have made to the existing lots that are in the game);
    I never re-upload other creators' lots.
    I also like to do shell challenges; actually I have only done one shell challenge so far and I want to do more of those, they are fun! :blush:
    "Where words fail, music speaks" ~ Hans Christian Andersen ♥*♥*♥ My Gallery ID: Aaleyn
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 742 Member
    edited May 2023
    kiwi84 wrote: »
    I always start out with 0 simoleons and rrely get much further than a shack of some kind I build myself :#
    Future wrote: »
    Download from the gallery.

Delete every object that was placed with MOO or Alt.

Delete every debug object.

Delete every object on the walls.

Then I go through the lot, add what I want and prosper.

I download micro homes. I start out stripping them bare and living in them as bare as possible to keep the bills as low as possible. Gradually, I change them so much that they no longer are recognizable as the original. I study what I have left and then start over and build something similar.

I can build a decent micro home now, but I have never built a full house.

• Options
    MarkwilsonMarkwilson Posts: 7 New Member
    I always build my own homes, often with basements for my coffins, lolz. Always build cemetaries, pools, landscaping etc. Building is a huge part of the fun for me.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,112 Member
    I'm a very poor builder, so I tend to download from the gallery and then just tweak it a little. There are amazing builders out there!
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    I build all my houses. Sometimes I will park my sim in a pre-made house until I come up with a housing plan to build.