Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    Uh oh. Here come the occult players. 😄
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Yup! Viva los Occult players! We may be not popular but we got the most fun imaginations with our Sims 4. Yippee!!👽🤖😻🐺🦄🦋
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I would rather see more toggles in the options to prevent the occults you don't want like they did in Sims 3. That way players who don't want to play them can shut them off. I love my occults and want more. But I can appreciate not all feel that way. I don't think it would be possible to opt out of occults that are in a pack, so the only way would be toggles in options. The only option to not have them in the game is to not buy a pack if occults are in them. Sims is a game for all players with all different ideas of how to play. I don't always like features or items in a pack, but I try to find a way to work around them.
  • Options
    pvrescue1pvrescue1 Posts: 61 Member
    "San Sequoia" is an awful name.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited April 2023
    There should be an option to opt out of non-human characters in packs that have them, so that players who want only human characters can access the pack content without having to worry about game ruined by the non-human characters.

They're actually quite fun to include in gameplay though. I'm mostly a human sim player, but I also like to include the occults sometimes, they can make a nice change since they work differently with their different abilities.
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,971 Member
    I mostly play with Human Sims or Spellcasters. I have Vampires and did play a Vampire family once, but found it frustrating that they took so long to increase their rank. Even my Vampire who maxed out his Vampire Lore skill is only a Prime Vampire. I’m not sure about getting Werewolves just yet. I may do in future, but I’d have to do more research into the gameplay etc first.
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    I really enjoy the weird and like having the occults running around in my game, it can add fun, random encounters and results in the game. I think having triggers to invite or activate the occults is great (because sometimes you want occults and sometimes you want plain normal) but it shouldn't be difficult to do so, aliens in particular. I don't like how difficult it is to get aliens to show up in my game if I'm not playing a scientist.
  • Options
    OceanbornAngel13OceanbornAngel13 Posts: 104 Member
    I like to speed run right into the Child stage because the stages before them annoy the crap out of me.
    You know, I don't just play The Sims 4. ^_^
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    I love the occults and actually I agree with you @chongjasmine ... if there were a toggle, then our awesome occults would be less at risk of being nerfed due to complaints from players who bought them but didn't actually want them...
  • Options
    FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    Catzilla wrote: »
    Here's an unpopular opinion :p : Right now aliens are all randomly generated in TS4 but I think we should have a couple of regular townies who are aliens so you know who to go to initiate alien activity in your game. I think all the other occults have their own townies so why don't aliens?

That's really a shame. From all Sims created by Maxis Gallery profile only one (household Sul Sul, Get to Work promotional Sims) is a alien :(
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    Here's an unpopular opinion :p : Right now aliens are all randomly generated in TS4 but I think we should have a couple of regular townies who are aliens so you know who to go to initiate alien activity in your game. I think all the other occults have their own townies so why don't aliens?

I like that idea!
    I bet it would have been more likely to happen if Get to Work had come with residences and townies in Magnolia Promenade.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I really enjoy the weird and like having the occults running around in my game, it can add fun, random encounters and results in the game. I think having triggers to invite or activate the occults is great (because sometimes you want occults and sometimes you want plain normal) but it shouldn't be difficult to do so, aliens in particular. I don't like how difficult it is to get aliens to show up in my game if I'm not playing a scientist.

There is an alien bar night, and you can download a satellite to any lot you want.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    I don't like apartments. All my apartments in San Myshuno and Evergreen Harbor are empty. 🫢
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,642 Member
    I love the occults and actually I agree with you @chongjasmine ... if there were a toggle, then our awesome occults would be less at risk of being nerfed due to complaints from players who bought them but didn't actually want them...

As an occults player, I'll agree with this and carry it one further. I'd love to have a series of toggles to enable or disable each kind of occult, especially for aliens and mermaids who are packaged in expansions that aren't exclusively occult oriented. I love vampires and werewolves but I personally don't want aliens in my game (something about getting sci-fi mixed in with my fantasy). Someone else might want aliens but not mermaids.

Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I don't like apartments. All my apartments in San Myshuno and Evergreen Harbor are empty. 🫢
    They are even more annoying at the moment with the door bug where the doors don't drop with cut out walls.

I don't like apartments cos of the noisy neighbour thing, but I do use them if my sims can't afford their own house.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member

I also agree. If there they ever implement an off toggle, then we can also get an on option. It is sorely needed because at this moment occults outside of the active household are almost nonexistent. Aliens only come if you deliberately seek them out by playing aliens or the science career. Vampires only visit once per household. Spellcasters can't do any magic at all outside of the magic realm. You are lucky if you see one land on a broom very occasionally. The occults outside of the active household are so limited to please the players who hate them. A toggle would finally allow occults to show themselves.

My unpopular opinion : I don't care about the losing tooth gameplay. I didn't mind it being patched out and would have been just as happy if it hadn't returned. Now I am just scared it might still mess up my sims faces.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    They are even more annoying at the moment with the door bug where the doors don't drop with cut out walls.

I don't like apartments cos of the noisy neighbour thing, but I do use them if my sims can't afford their own house.

I find the noisy neighbours so annoying. It happens to often and also when they call round all the time as well. :D
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    @Sharonia haha yeah... "what's cooking? Can I come in and eat your food?" ... "no, go away and buy your own"... "well, I'm bored, can I come in and watch your TV and play on your computer and use your electricity instead of my own? Despite the fact that i kept you awake last night with my loud music..." :D
    Who needs neighbours like that?

@Atreya33 exactly my sentiments about the loose tooth.
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    I think Snowy Escape is actually quite a fun and detailed pack for what the The Sims 4 usually offers in terms of gameplay depth. I particularly like the snowboarding/skiing activities because of the unlocked slopes, clothing, interactions, and tricks you can get. The caves on Mt. Komorebi are also pretty cool to use.
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    As an Occult player, I don't mind the toggle idea.
    I love the Occult, and they get nerfed, or fixed, or in later games stuck in their own words, to appease normal Sim players. Not saying the werewolves and Vlad don't show up in other places.
    I want my Occult Sims to be menaces to society, that is why I bought the packs that I did.
    I could be snarky and ask why people wanted to buy the Vampires pack if they didn't want Vampires, but the pack does have a lot of Victorian era type clothing, or Gothic clothing, which we don't really have in other packs, so can't really fault people for buying it for those items.
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 704 Member
    I do not like occults I do not buy packs that have occult in them but I totally understand the frustration of those who like them, buy the packs that have occults in them and then have their experience nerfed because people who do not like them asked them to be modified. A toggle would be a very good idea. Then everybody would be happy.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited May 2023
    Ziafar wrote: »
    I do not like occults I do not buy packs that have occult in them but I totally understand the frustration of those who like them, buy the packs that have occults in them and then have their experience nerfed because people who do not like them asked them to be modified. A toggle would be a very good idea. Then everybody would be happy.

I agree. I think the sims 4 should have FAR more pack specific toggles than it has. I think we have toggles for weather, fame, puberty, eco footprint and the eco voting, whether you see werewolves and that’s about it.

I’d like to see toggles for how often vampires visit, how often you get invites to the get together parties, turn off the nuisance phone calls, settings for a lot of the HSY crush and prom stuff. Almost every game/expansion pack could use more settings.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    JustinB113 wrote: »
    Ziafar wrote: »

I agree. I think the sims 4 should have FAR more pack specific toggles than it has. I think we have toggles for weather, fame, puberty, eco footprint and the eco voting, whether you see werewolves and that’s about it.

I’d like to see toggles for how often vampires visit, how often you get invites to the get together parties, turn off the nuisance phone calls, settings for a lot of the HSY crush and prom stuff. Almost every game/expansion pack could use more settings.

I agree. I want more settings as well. Those are good suggestions. On top of that it would be great if we could disable seasonal affects on plants, turn off parenthood pop ups (or let us x them out individually), disable HSY body hair growth for all, disable themed bar nights (mccc does this one, thankfully),
  • Options
    rebekah512rebekah512 Posts: 881 Member
    I would love having a toggle for these in the vanilla game as well.

If you are not mod averse, MCCC does allow you to fine tune the occults in your game-including down to 0, IIRC.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top