Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long is a Sim year?

How long is a Sim year? 83 votes

One Week. (Closest to EA Normal)
6%
kerryemmiebethgoodcakebaker62kemowerybecks1112Colton147147 5 votes
Four Weeks. (Four seven day Seasons)
20%
tams2578Brd709bandit5PseudonymsJestTruloubyloulouSajahipainted_dreams87EnkiSchmidtEvilyn_1007Stina1701AwheelochgrassharpL33tP33tNWEvans14JustinB113Dseckin01 17 votes
Two Weeks. (A compromise, in between)
2%
mlmeadowsProvidentia 2 votes
Other…
71%
crocobauraJaiSeaGalacticGalMichelleWMonet11lisamwittsimgirl1010Paigeisin5cchant86IObelleluthienrisingDarkLady2788Mizzila1297MVWdeZTClassicalSimSweetieWright_84LoriTSpSelinaKylesCAPTAIN_NXR7Winifred_Willow 59 votes

Comments

• Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    Other…
    I play a normal calendar year which is 14 days for each season and totaling 2 months.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Other…
    To me it feels like one year equals going through each season once in my game. I have seasons set to 2 weeks so one year is 8 weeks. It doesn't add up with years based on lifespans but I ignore that discrepancy.
  • Options
    SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    Other…
    112 Sim days, a month on average being about 9 Sim days. But that's only with the gameplay that I do.

If I think about it from my preferred lifespan point of view, then one year would be only about 11-12 Sim days.
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,092 Member
    edited April 2023
    Each season is four weeks in my current save. It's the closest to the real calendar I'll get. Without breaks or days off from game play, I can complete a sim year within one real life month.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
    Other…
    I don't keep track of time in my game. My seasons are set for 28 days but most times I'll use UI cheats to rewind to summer or spring, my favorite seasons. If I want to play in the fall or winter I'll change the season length to 7 days.
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 717 Member
    Other…
    Each season is 2 weeks and the full moon is every 4 days.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Other…
    A year is four seasons. My game is set with 28 days seasons. I would like an option for even longer seasons.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Other…
    There should be a setting for a sims year to be longer.
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    These comments make me think maybe I rush my Sims.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited April 2023
    Other…
    Each season is 4 weeks for me
    that makes 4x7= 28 days/season
    all 4 seasons therefore =112 days

the year is 112 days long in my game
    that is, if I actually looked at my gaming in sim years and I don't :lol:

my sims will just age whenever I feel like it and celebrate holidays when I feel like it :joy:
    I play too many households to really have any kind of timeline in place

I do sometimes try to match seasons but I swear I am always in wrong season :lol:
    I've been thinking of doing summer stories so I maybe could have them ready for you know, summer
    but it only be new years in my game 💀

well, faces be broken anyway so waiting for that to be fixed before continuing any of my stories too
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    edited April 2023
    Other…
    I play on Long and none of it ever adds up. One is called upon to suspend RL logic. It takes three days for a human Sim to fully gestate, which in RL might suggest one day equals a month in the Sim universe. But then we've got seasons. In RL a year is attached to four seasons. However, in the game, a Sim will age to the next level in far less than four season's worth of experience. It is the conundrum of the ages. I just wing it myself. Erik was 17 when he graduated early and went to Uni for three terms. At this rate, I surmise, he was all of 20 upon graduation. He now is married with the one child, an Infant, which suggests he's now 22 or will be soon. I tried to calculate it once, but I got lost along the way.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    I play on long so it's 28 days for me, 4 weeks each season. I would have it longer but I don't want to install the mod that gives me that choice, yet.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    Other…
    I play with LittleMsSam's 21 day seasons so for me, my sim year 84(?) days.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Other…
    Each season is set at 28 days, which is equal to a month in my mind, and I play each season 3 times before moving on to the next one. 4 seasons times three playthroughs equals one Sim year. I also play with aging off and age up my Sims when I feel it's the right time. I play rotationally through many families and single Sims, and when there are as many things to do as there are now in the game, I like to take my time with every Sim so they can experience everything without me feeling pressured to move through the game too quickly. That, plus I get very attached to my Sims and their stories and want them around for as long as possible.
  • Options
    JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Other…
    I play on long seasons (28 days) and can't imagine going back to shorter ones. I enjoy being able to see actual transitions from one season to the next and having time to enjoy the weather before it totally flips again.
    The cake is a lie
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Other…
    I play through all four seasons for a year. My seasons last 4 weeks (28 days). If I made the year any shorter, my sims would never go to work due to all the holidays I have added to the calendar.
  • Options
    mitchiebanjomitchiebanjo Posts: 172 Member
    Forever and ever or till last week.
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    Other…
    4 seasons, each of them 4 weeks. I don't like to rush.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    Other…
    My Sims don't have years, I've never even thought of it.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    edited April 2023
    Other…
    It varies, depending on the save. As a general rule however, I play with aging off with a typical sim year counting 14 sim days per season x 4 unique seasons = 56 sim days.
    Considering the fact that I have a bunch of different story saves, plus I don’t play a lot or for a very long time unless I’m ill or it’s weekend and the actual actual weather is too dreadful for me to be causing any trouble outdoors, it would literally take me an entire year or more to get through one sim year per save if that makes any sense?

It nearly took me a full sim day to write this. I could have been playing instead if I wasn’t “working” right now. 🤓
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    Other…
    I play with LittleMsSam's 21 day seasons so for me, my sim year 84(?) days.

I love that mod and find that three-week seasons is perfect for me. Sadly, it also interferes with the Starlight Accolades Show. I mean it really messes them up. Since I have a Rock Star who keeps getting nominated for Best Song, this was problematic and disrupting my fun. I had to begrudgingly uninstall it.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Other…
    I like to play on short, normal and long at random and I enjoy the holidays so I would say it is however long it is on each setting, I like it simple :)
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    itsTheSimsGuyitsTheSimsGuy Posts: 77 Member
    edited April 2023
    Other…
    One sim day.

So for me, I run sims time along side real life time, so a second in real time is a minute in game, a minute is an hour etc

So I consider a sim day (24mins) a “year” because they only age in days. So and so is 178 days old, I consider that years, so that sim, to me, is 178 years old (they’re not human so in my head there is to time frame for how long a sim lives, a 270 year old sim is very common in my game lmao. Some of my vamps are like 500-800 days/years old now)

I turn aging off and on as I play to keep ages in sync etc etc

But yeah, I’ve never followed any “canon” way. Sim days are “years” to me.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Other…
    Playtime, when I've gone through all 4 seasons, regardless of length.

Aging, a day. Theoretically. I don't really play "years" in aging, but since they age per day, that would be the closest thing to a year for me.
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Other…
    I play with aging off and don't pay much attention to the holidays in game. I've got a couple of saves with the 2 week seasons and I'm still deciding which I prefer. It's the winters that bug me, they last too long. I wish I could extend the spring and summer and shorten the winter. I get depressed staring at all that snow and bare trees.