Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think we would have new Music Instruments in the future?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    Yes, I think they could but I'm not really sure
    Rouensims wrote: »
    @BariSaxy Which modder? I can always use more instrument cc in my game! 🙂

Her name is JaneSimsten. She has released a harpischord, harp and lute already.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Yes, we will have more new music instruments in the future
    BariSaxy wrote: »
    Rouensims wrote: »
    @BariSaxy Which modder? I can always use more instrument cc in my game! 🙂

Her name is JaneSimsten. She has released a harpischord, harp and lute already.

Thank you very much!

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    megonbertramegonbertra Posts: 5 New Member
    The music industry's future holds a lot of promise. New musical instruments may or may not be invented in the future due to technological advancements. Complex, previously unimaginable instruments may soon be within reach, thanks to advances in virtual reality and 3D printing. There might even be artificial intelligence-powered instruments that can create their own music. The future of music is bright, and the opportunities are limitless. Do you have any other thoughts?
  • Options
    LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    Yes, but maybe just one or two and that's it
    I think there's a shot. Currently we have violins, guitars, and pianos. With keyboards as an offshoot of pianos, same with electric guitar, and the organ. If you count the microphone for signing and comedy, using your voice as an instrument, you have 4 main categories.

We're still missing percussion and wind. The dj booth only sorta counts. So I do feel like they might bring in drums, some sort of wind instrument, and MAYBE a bass. Especially if they can do both like a larger string instrument like a cello, and then like an electric bass.

That way they could tie in several in game mechanics like clubs to make a band, or even use the club mechanic as a base for actual bands like the wolf pack or vampire family thing. And then how the HSY has after-school activities you could have school band. Just adding some wind and percussion instruments could help that a lot. So I think they could easily patch those in.

Plus with fairies being teased I absolutely wouldn't be surprised if they made it so that new instruments came with them. Not just magic, or perhaps them being tied to horses (whether in friendship or time of release), but like giving them more in the pack. Like enchanting with song, the power to have a sim dance until they die. Stuff like that.

So more instruments could be added there. Stylized ones in that pack, and then obviously base versions for everyone else of that nature. Like a fairy drum, but a basegame drum kit and toddler drums, and xylophone for kids or infants. An enchantress flute, and my first recorder, and then the flute you get in band in HSY as your sim tries to become the next Lizzo.

I think it would be rather interesting and quite possible for them to add more. I just don't think they'd add a ton. But they might in a few of the areas they haven't so far. And like we randomly got the organ, but after that only got guitars if we got anything, or more piano stuff. But if they're finally giving us new lifestates, we might get more stuff we hadn't before. I mean we just got a new lifestage and now have toys that make sounds. Who knows?
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,235 Member
    edited April 2023
  • Options
    I agree! We really do need trumpets! And all the other instruments in your picture!
  • Options
    jomilejjomilej Posts: 191 Member
    In Willow Creek inspired by New Orleans , trumpets are still missing

55980010.jpg

I actually need all of these instruments in my game
  • Options
    RieferballRieferball Posts: 36 Member
    No
    I'd rather have a different, new skill than add to an old skill. I can see how brass instruments, or drums, or something completely different from guitars/pianos/violins would be interesting, but like I said, a new skill would be even better. You know what would be cool though? If they could release something that made it easier for the mod community to add instruments. I don't know how possible that is, I'm not a modder. But if they were able to do that, then modders could create them instead. Because otherwise, there will always be someone who didn't get the instrument they want, right?
  • Options
    Rieferball wrote: »
    I'd rather have a different, new skill than add to an old skill. I can see how brass instruments, or drums, or something completely different from guitars/pianos/violins would be interesting, but like I said, a new skill would be even better. You know what would be cool though? If they could release something that made it easier for the mod community to add instruments. I don't know how possible that is, I'm not a modder. But if they were able to do that, then modders could create them instead. Because otherwise, there will always be someone who didn't get the instrument they want, right?

I agree that we need more instruments (in more instruments I also mean new skills of course) but I'd rather not encourage modding as some people play mod free, others play on consoles
  • Options
    lunnarilalunnarila Posts: 221 Member
    Rieferball wrote: »

Actually new instrument would mean new skill. Drums-- drums skills. Besides we have dozens of skills in basegames and packs and like 3 or 4 instruments
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member

55980010.jpg

Interesting note on this... Way back before The Sims 4's release there were promotional images or something released and here was one of them:

9GL8NjZ.png

Trumpet, trombone and saxophone.

Such a tease. Of course, 9 years later none of them are anywhere to be found. All we got were saxophone signs and paintings (I think there's a trumpet one or two as well). I would think they were directly taunting me, but the developers probably don't even know I exist. I'm not so arrogant to think otherwise. :p
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    would love an electric guitar and more rock band related instruments.
  • Options
    Bren91Bren91 Posts: 299 Member
    I think it would be awesome if they added an electric guitar. I feel like the sims game needs more rock music. I don’t want to see a game pack or expansion pack based on music. I think those are too meaty for this kind of thing. However I do think it would make a great stuff pack or kit pack, kit pack they could just add more musical instruments to the game that are playable as well as some kind of musical stage. If they wanted to give more they should do a stuff pack with more musical instruments, a stage, rock/hard rock music genre) a new musical career such as fixing guitars to becoming a rock star in a band. They could also add a new event to the game with the stuff pack it could be a rock concert or musical concert of some kind. They could also add more rock style clothing and some tattoos to make sims look more edgy. Like how the paranormal stuff pack was meatier than most stuff packs, they could create a great stuff pack with this idea. A game pack however, I feel would let a lot of us down because I don’t feel like there is enough they could do to sell it as a game pack, unless the game pack had more to do other than concerts or music.
  • Options

55980010.jpg

Interesting note on this... Way back before The Sims 4's release there were promotional images or something released and here was one of them:

9GL8NjZ.png

Such a tease. Of course, 9 years later none of them are anywhere to be found. All we got were saxophone signs and paintings (I think there's a trumpet one or two as well). I would think they were directly taunting me, but the developers probably don't even know I exist. I'm not so arrogant to think otherwise. :p

We only got the piano, I really would love the rest of the musical instruments in this picture to be included into the game
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Yes, but maybe just one or two and that's it
    jomilej wrote: »

55980010.jpg

9GL8NjZ.png

We only got the piano, I really would love the rest of the musical instruments in this picture to be included into the game

I would also like that kiss up arm interaction as well. The thing that strikes me most with this picture is the fact that the sims seem to be enjoying the music and dancing. Currently, sims just eat lots of bowls of chips and tip a lot in a lounge, they don't seem to be enjoying themselves as much as portrayed in that picture. Wish they would stop tipping in a venue, unless the singer was specifically playing for tips.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,975 Member
    I think if we get a band pack we might get drums, saxes, and trumpets.
  • Options

9GL8NjZ.png

Oh, wow, I would die if they gave us all these instruments! I need that standing bass too!