Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

OMG! Why won’t this sim die?

itsTheSimsGuyitsTheSimsGuy Posts: 77 Member
So it’s crucial to my story that this guy; Michael Bell, the animal/berry guy that lives in the woods from the cottage pack, dies* in a fire. Sounds easy enough, right? Wrong! This guy will not die. Fire just does not touch him, is this part of his… “dna” or something? I don’t usually play with pre-made sims but he gets on well with my sim and they actually do things autonomously together without my input, I think it’s cute, hence why he moved in. He does die, I drowned him to test it, and he died fine lol but fire will just not kill the bugger. I locked him in a room, magic sprinklers keep appearing on the ceiling (why, I do not know, this must be a new thing with an update?) The lot doesn’t even have a fire alarm so I know I didn’t put them there, I literally built a new room, and empty room with JUST rugs just for him to burn and BAM, sprinklers. I tried again by trapping him with half walls, no sprinklers this time but the fire burns literally everything else except him. Why? Lol it’s so frustrating. HE WAS LITERALLY STANDING IN THE FLAMES. Ahhhhh lol

Like, how the hell do you kill a sim with fire? Is there a cheat or something? I’ve literally spent the last two hours trying to kill this guy, and he won’t die the way I want (it has to be a fire). What I have now is basically a paranoid sim, that is afraid of dying, fire, and for some reason, the dark? I think maybe because I trapped him in that room with no lights…

God, I feel awful lol

*edit: spelling
**edit; I’ve given up, he just refuses to die. I literally went to WAR with this sim lol He catches on fire, gets singed and then just stands in the flames while everything and everyone else burns around him. Even the cat (although at that point I just shut down the game without saving lmao) I’m so frustrated I could cry, but at the same time it’s so ridiculously hilarious. Whyyyyy? Why won’t he die in a fire lol???? He drowns with zero issue lol
Post edited by itsTheSimsGuy on

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited April 2023
    Check around outside the house, this is what turns on the automatic sprinklers to put out fires. It comes in one of three different colors, mostly either white or red.

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fsimcitizens.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2014%2F08%2FSims-4-Sprinkler-Utility-Panel-1024x574.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=abcc99b9876788d5a667eb2ab46be782f20996e341270287ee67d48ed9309e37&ipo=images
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,450 Member
    edited April 2023
    @itsTheSimsGuy almost sounds like he has a "fireproof" reward or hidden trait. If you use mods & worse comes to worse you can use MCCC to kill him by fiire.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    Check around outside the house, this is what turns on the automatic sprinklers to put out fires. It comes in one of three different colors, mostly either white or red.

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fsimcitizens.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2014%2F08%2FSims-4-Sprinkler-Utility-Panel-1024x574.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=abcc99b9876788d5a667eb2ab46be782f20996e341270287ee67d48ed9309e37&ipo=images

I don’t think there is one of those but I’ll double check, if it helps, it’s the little cottage hidden away up in the hills in HOB. Cordelia’s cottage?
  • Options
    Starfree wrote: »
    @itsTheSimsGuy almost sounds like he has a "fireproof" reward or hidden trait. If you use mods & worse comes to worse you can use MCCC to kill him by fiire.

I did wonder, I checked if he had any traits and he doesn’t. But the fire was literally just burning around him like he wasn’t even there. I’m going to try again in a few, I’ve been at work all day!

• Options
    Ok so I’ve tried again, i trapped him with loads of objects and got a spellcaster to set fire to basically the spot next to him… literally everything else burned except him.

I don’t understand it, does he have some sort of immunity? How can I check this without mods? Is there a cheat to remove the trait or whatever it is?
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited April 2023
    I checked him with MCCC, I couldn't find anything out of the ordinary (this was a new sim). I would check yours to see if there might be a trait that would have been added through the reward store. If you find it, there is possibly a cheat to remove traits.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I checked him with MCCC, I couldn't find anything out of the ordinary (this was a new sim). I would check yours to see if there might be a trait that would have been added through the reward store. If you find it, there is possibly a cheat to remove traits.

No he has no traits added, apart from paranoid due to all the trauma I inflicted haha

I tried every way to burn this guy, all he does is get singed. I don’t understand it
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    @itsTheSimsGuy
    Sorry, couldn't resist! :D
    He must be Mustafa.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPAeSU5jduo
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    KestrelDCKestrelDC Posts: 335 Member
    Are you sure he's not Arnold Wesker under an alias? :D
    wfyfk3mg6t02.jpg
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,584 Member
    So it’s crucial to my story that this guy; Michael Bell, the animal/berry guy that lives in the woods from the cottage pack, dies* in a fire. Sounds easy enough, right? Wrong! This guy will not die. Fire just does not touch him, is this part of his… “dna” or something? I don’t usually play with pre-made sims but he gets on well with my sim and they actually do things autonomously together without my input, I think it’s cute, hence why he moved in. He does die, I drowned him to test it, and he died fine lol but fire will just not kill the bugger. I locked him in a room, magic sprinklers keep appearing on the ceiling (why, I do not know, this must be a new thing with an update?) The lot doesn’t even have a fire alarm so I know I didn’t put them there, I literally built a new room, and empty room with JUST rugs just for him to burn and BAM, sprinklers. I tried again by trapping him with half walls, no sprinklers this time but the fire burns literally everything else except him. Why? Lol it’s so frustrating. HE WAS LITERALLY STANDING IN THE FLAMES. Ahhhhh lol

Like, how the hell do you kill a sim with fire? Is there a cheat or something? I’ve literally spent the last two hours trying to kill this guy, and he won’t die the way I want (it has to be a fire). What I have now is basically a paranoid sim, that is afraid of dying, fire, and for some reason, the dark? I think maybe because I trapped him in that room with no lights…

God, I feel awful lol

*edit: spelling
    **edit; I’ve given up, he just refuses to die. I literally went to WAR with this sim lol He catches on fire, gets singed and then just stands in the flames while everything and everyone else burns around him. Even the cat (although at that point I just shut down the game without saving lmao) I’m so frustrated I could cry, but at the same time it’s so ridiculously hilarious. Whyyyyy? Why won’t he die in a fire lol???? He drowns with zero issue lol

Do you use mods at all? MCCC allows for the player to take a Sim out, and I do recall the only time I used it for that, I was given a choice of deaths. (I was playing my Ancestral game save and my 7th great-grandfather died in 1770 due to illness.)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    What is his gardening skill?
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 718 Member
    I think there is an aspiration trait that makes the sim immune to fire. It is a nature aspiration. Maybe he has that trait.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    edited April 2023
    Sometimes fire is glitchy for some reason as sims on fire won't burn, which can be solved by going through a loading screen...
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    suzanna13 wrote: »
    What is his gardening skill?

Ummmm, I’m not sure actually. I think it’s 6-7 it’s quite high. I guess him living in the forest an all that lol I’ll check when I get to my PC.

I think there is an aspiration trait that makes the sim immune to fire. It is a nature aspiration. Maybe he has that trait.
    No I checked for that, he has no special traits as far as I can tell. Unless they’re hidden
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    @itsTheSimsGuy I’ve had Neigborhood Stories kill him via Laughter and/or Electrocution. I’ve had many different saves so he could have died both ways in different saves.

If you have Island Living, give a random sim the Sulani Mana Trait using this cheat:

Traits.Equip_Trait Trait_Hidden_islandAncestor_Elemental

A Sim with the Sulani Mana Trait can Summon Lava Bombs every 12 sim hours. Lava Bombs can start deadly fires, and you can kill a sim by making them try and touch the lava bomb.

If the fires of Mua Pel’Am can’t kill him, I don’t know what can?
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    It’s from the Freelance Botanist Aspiration.

https://www.ign.com/wikis/the-sims-4/All_Aspiration_Traits

Naturalist is obtained upon reaching Level 4 of the Freelance Botanist aspiration. A Sim with this trait will never fear fire because fire cannot touch them, and they will quickly and easily extinguish fires if given the command.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Sometimes fire is glitchy for some reason as sims on fire won't burn, which can be solved by going through a loading screen...

@EgonVM Fun fact: Not All Fires are lethal. Some fires actually can’t kill a sim… forget where I found that info, but it’s surprisingly true.

@itsTheSimsGuy I don’t think spellcasters can create lethal fires. I’ve had Ember set many Townies on Fire; She’s a Fire Elemental FYI. Anyways, no one dies from getting caught on fire. They just get a little charred and upset with her.

The most dangerous fires I’ve ever encountered come from a Sim with low cooking level trying to make a grilled cheese with a used oven from City Living, a generator from Eco Living setting an entire floor on fire, or a Lava Bomb. The Cursed Lot Challenge can make some unfortunate “accidents” more likely to happen.

Reef Kailani, my founder of a merfolk legacy proved his worth by surviving on a lot with the Cursed Lot Challenge and Volcanic Activity… between Lava Bombs and the stereo catching on fire, he managed to get by with the Clumsy Trait… fun times… actually, the combination of lot traits and lot challenges created a lot of interesting and chaotic situations…

Edit: I have a narrow window to share info, sorry about multiple posts.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    Could be he has a special trait from being the creature keeper?
  • Options
    Could be he has a special trait from being the creature keeper?

I dunno. Whatever it was it was baffling.

His fear of fire got him in the end when I wasn’t even trying, I was going to let him live haha. Apparently fires are more frequent and their house has like 5-6 fireplaces haha.

Safe to say he didn’t last long. The lot is also haunted, and it was Guidry that caused it in the end haha. Which is odd, because I’m playing a Practical Magic/Mayfair Witches “spoof” and he is my version of Lasher. I thought it was fitting lol

• Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

If you don't have mods, fire should 'kill' the Sim. As long as no one is there to put it out.
    Otherwise, I had this way too many times.
    Laughing to death. 5 death by laughter one day, 3 the next, 4 the next, 7 the next day. etc. It should not be where when very happy or flirty, tell a joke, then insta-death.
    Why I looked for a mod to disable that dumbness. :#

HahaHAHAEhheh...

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png