Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Did You Know Thread on Growing Together

Comments

• Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    You can use any small bin next to the baby changing station, just make sure it locks in place with it when placing. I use the one that never needs to be emptied, although I don't think it pays up, it still removes the nappy though.

mKx7oOl.png
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I've been playing Matchmaker with some YAs who have been taking their sweet time falling in love. What a chore, but I mean that in a funny way. They seem to really think about taking their time to find their perfect match, and I love that for them. Traits and such do make all the difference now. It's so refreshing they don't fall for just anyone but seem more focused on what kind of future they want with a SO. I have this one couple, Paul and Lana, who have been in a casual romance for a few Sim weeks. He has been calling her almost every day asking if he should pursue a relationship with other female Sims and Lana has been telling him to go for it. But then he calls her the next day to say it didn't work out with that other girl. Well, today while I was playing on Lana's lot, Paul stopped by to visit. They had lunch together then settled down on the sofa to watch a movie and cuddle. Things progressed and I had Lana initiate some romantic interactions. They became BFFs then their romance meter began filling up very quickly. They talked for hours about many things. But didn't always agree on the topics. And I thought for sure this romance was doomed. Well, Paul, the inactive Sim because he was the visitor and not controlled by me, suddenly says he has been thinking about her a lot, and he thought it would be a good idea if he moved in with her.

This took me by surprise and my jaw dropped. It came out of left field, leaving me feeling confused and conflicted as I struggled to make a decision. This is what I had wanted for them, right? But faced with taking this relationship from a casual one to a serious one, I took a full five minutes to decide the timing wasn't right. They don't have enough money to purchase a larger home, plus I am curious as to what happens next. Lana's Plopsy enterprise is just now taking off, and Paul doesn't have a job or a marketable hobby yet. He still lives with his parents. So, I justified my decision to hold off on the moving in thing until he is financially able to care for a family. Lana has the big happy family aspiration and is constantly rolling the 'have a baby' want.

This is exactly the kind of thing I have been waiting to see in Sims4. As much as I want to play with the new infants, I think it's just as important to make sure these two Sims will be good together. But I have to say that so far, I am loving the new game play features in this pack. <3
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    You can get a milestone for being saved from death. I discovered that tonight when mom Sim was busy with the screaming infant, and dad became hysterical playing with the toddler. :D
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Sims who like malicious interactions are extremely naive. They can be persuaded by a person they just met to leave their spouse. Seriously, they will never reject mean interactions. Similarly, Sims who like flirtation are very promiscuous. They will always accept romantic interactions even if they come from their ex-spouse who just cheated on them(both bars red). The new likes and dislikes are essentially like traits (and we are allowed 50 of them). They allow the player to create some pretty hillarious characters.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited March 2023
    your sims may get the likes and dislikes in this pack without your input too

(i noticed when i went to look at hsy households and they be liking different things in different saves)

gah time to go and set these for freaking everyone I guess before I notice my premades again picking the most unsuitable options on the list

why oh why is autonomous likes and dislikes a thing
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    IllandryaIllandrya Posts: 87 Member
    Older siblings may like their younger siblings, but that doesn't mean they don't feel negative about them at times.

My toddler just got a sad buff "Outshined (from watching sibling's milestone) That was it? Big deal, Daisy's been doing that for years!"

Daisy was eating breakfast when her infant sister picked up finger food for the first time. She is not happy, especially as she has been feeling ignored by her dad of late because he spends more time with the younger ones than with her. Daisy is an independent toddler, so it would be interesting to see if it is worse for a clingy toddler.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    as I've said because I was excited when talking to a baby or toddler that isn't your own the option to adopt them will be in the pie menu.

Yes! I just came here to say this! So excited! Finally my family that took in two orphans from another household can officially adopt them! <3

Does this mean children, toddlers and infants don’t disappear when they lose teens up in the household?
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,762 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Warning. There are sharks in San Sequoia. I don't exactly know the exact water danger level (which could be mild (shark encounters but no attacks) or dangerous (shark encounters and attacks)), so for now I assume dangerous due to the livestream.

There are no new death traits after all...

But I thought you could only swim in the pond?
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited March 2023
    crocobaura wrote: »
    This pack brings two new mean interactions to children and teens:
    • Claim the Sim is a PlantSim
    • Claim the Sim is an Alien
    The second interaction on aliens is renamed to Claim the Sim is Not an Alien, even when the sim doesn't know the sim's alien identity.

What, plantsim and alien are now meant to be derogatory?

PlantSim could be construed as "vegetable" or brain-dead.

Alien could be construed as "abnormal".

Depends on context, I guess.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    Warning. There are sharks in San Sequoia. I don't exactly know the exact water danger level (which could be mild (shark encounters but no attacks) or dangerous (shark encounters and attacks)), so for now I assume dangerous due to the livestream.

There are sharks in the pond as well. I discussed one last night when my sim was swimming. He was pulled under once and got a scared moodlet. That pond also has a large crocodile.
  • Options
    deedles64deedles64 Posts: 149 Member

There are sharks in the pond as well. I discussed one last night when my sim was swimming. He was pulled under once and got a scared moodlet. That pond also has a large crocodile.

So it's swim at your own risk? 😎
  • Options
    deedles64 wrote: »

So it's swim at your own risk? 😎

Yes but I'm hoping I encounter the crocodile next.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    edited March 2023

Pulled underwater? Well, that would overturn my conclusion!

I am indeed beginning to feel that there is either more requirements to it or I just got unlucky.

My sim got warned about the alligator when she asked for San Sequoia secrets. It also mentioned taking a walk around the botanical garden...
    Edit. There is a moodlet in the tuning file called "Watch Out for Whiteclaw". I guess that could be the requirement! I must test it out!
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,427 Member

Oh no. Is there a possibility to ignore or cancel a midlife crisis? I would hate to be forced to divorce some of my sims couples.
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member

Blue isn't a stray. She's the Delgado's dog, one of the premade family's from Cats and Dogs.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Atreya33 wrote: »

Oh no. Is there a possibility to ignore or cancel a midlife crisis? I would hate to be forced to divorce some of my sims couples.

No, there isn't. But the game won't force you to divorce. Completing objectives will only shorten the time the mid-life crisis lasts.

Plus, not all mid-life crises will give your sim a "goal" to divorce. There are four types of desires:
    • Desire for Adventure
    • Desire for Creativity
    • Desire for Relationships
    • Desire for Success
    So no worries in that part. However, you can't ignore or cancel a midlife crisis.

Oh, and I tested out the crocodile thing too. Still no luck getting sims pulled underwater. However, I have discovered that your sim can get an energized moodlet when they are near the bridge. Taking a walk around the pond can lead your sim there.
    However, I'll stop here as I feel like I'm chasing a red herring...
  • Options
    The greyed out milestones depend on your sims traits. I just started a brand new couple. My sims with the loves cats traits wants to adopt a pet as life milestone. Her husband who has the family oriented trait wants to get a child in the same category.
    GZoWQjO.png
  • Options

No, there isn't. But the game won't force you to divorce. Completing objectives will only shorten the time the mid-life crisis lasts.

Plus, not all mid-life crises will give your sim a "goal" to divorce. There are four types of desires:
    • Desire for Adventure
    • Desire for Creativity
    • Desire for Success
    So no worries in that part. However, you can't ignore or cancel a midlife crisis.

Oh, and I tested out the crocodile thing too. Still no luck getting sims pulled underwater. However, I have discovered that your sim can get an energized moodlet when they are near the bridge. Taking a walk around the pond can lead your sim there.

So it goes over on it's own? That's good. So far I have only seen screenshots of the other midlife crises and they look like I can fullfill them.
  • Options

• Desire for Adventure
    • Desire for Creativity
    • Desire for Success

Do you know if there is a midlife crises were sims won't to have an affair?
  • Options

• Desire for Adventure
    • Desire for Creativity
    • Desire for Success

Do you know if there is a midlife crises were sims won't to have an affair?

No, I don't think so... Though the only additional thing I know is that likes and dislikes can change on their own during mid-life crisis...
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    a friend coming to the baby shower can give a baby gift my sim's friend brought her a potty chair, thought it would be random but that's nice.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I already used this post but I didn't know the new hug from adults to kids or at least with parents and theirs is in the game, it eventually pops up when having friendly interactions.
    Aww the hug is in the game I couldn't find it but it's there.
    xtRQU9Yl.png
    aJpeu1Il.png
    Picks up his favorite boy and gives him a little spin <3
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png