Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Did You Know Thread on Growing Together

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
Did you know?

The new piano has a tropical fish swatch?

If you meet a sim your compatible with they'll ask you if they can move in.
Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    edited March 2023
    They added new dΓ©cor preferences! These include:
    • Art Deco
    • Cute
    • Industrial
    • Luxe
    • Shabby
    • Vintage
    Warning. There are sharks in San Sequoia. I don't exactly know the exact water danger level (which could be mild (shark encounters but no attacks) or dangerous (shark encounters and attacks)), so for now I assume dangerous due to the livestream.

There are no new death traits after all...
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    EgonVM wrote: Β»
    They added new dΓ©cor preferences! These include:
    • Art Deco
    • Cute
    • Industrial
    • Luxe
    • Shabby
    • Vintage
    Sadly Cute has ONLY stuff from Pastel Pop kit and Luxe has ONLY stuff from Desert Luxe kit, wish they'd add other stuff to these categories if they're dΓ©cor preferences now.
    Children got their first fear: Fear of Being Inferior. It's for children only, so teens and older can't get it.

This will cause the child to become tense when losing confidence, become embarrassed when criticized, and become energized when praised.
  • jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    In order to edit family dynamics in CAS you have to select the cheat "cas.fulleditmode" and also you can't have family dynamics with anyone but family and spouses. So for example fiances can't have a family dynamic.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,820 Member
    as I've said because I was excited when talking to a baby or toddler that isn't your own the option to adopt them will be in the pie menu.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • rebekah512rebekah512 Posts: 881 Member
    Jay Robles is non-binary! :)

Randomly selected the household-got a very nice surprise there.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Toddlers can blow a kiss to their parents and there’s a family kiss they can be given πŸ₯ΉπŸ₯Ή
    Kids can give infants raspberries on their tums
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • WhipSmartWhipSmart Posts: 16 Member
    edited March 2023
    I'm trying to figure out all the infant milestones to get in order to get all the bonuses as a toddler. Hopefully someone else can help contribute.

Fine Motor Milestones (Thinking Skill): Learned to Reach, Learned to Grab, Put Toe in Mouth, Learned to Clap, Learned Pincer Grasp ~I think there are more to this one because it's the only one that is at 1, not 2, when aged up~

Gross Motor Milestones (Movement Skill): Lifted Head, Rolled to Back, Rolled to Tummy, Learned to Sit Up, Learned to Creep, Learned to Crawl, Pulled to Stand, Learned to Dance

Social Milestones (Communication Skill): First Smiled, Learned to Coo, Learned to Laugh, Learned to Babble, Learned to Blow Raspberry, Said First Word, Learned to Blow Kiss, Learned Peek-a-Boo

With the ones listed above, my toddler got 2 Movement, 2 Communication, but only 1 Thinking. I'm still trying to figure out the rest of Fine Motor Milestones.

Edit: Infant learned Wave, and all milestones were met to have level 2 in three skills.
    Post edited by WhipSmart on
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I'm not sure if it was part of the patch or the pack, but I have a set of twin kids that are way more interactive with each other than they were last week.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • IllandryaIllandrya Posts: 87 Member
    The firsts for infants are adorable! So far I have first bath, peed on caregiver, first diaper blowout, and slept through the night. I was wondering why she kept waking up before her bar was full until I got the slept through the night milestone and it all made sense.

Also, once your infant has unlocked rolled over to tummy, not only can they do tummy time on their own, but they roll in their sleep. Such attention to detail!

If you are paying attention, there are some little hints that a milestone is coming. When she had her first giggle and first roll onto her tummy, she sparkled. Also, whatever she is doing (tummy time, playing) a note was added to the icon in the queue to say she was reaching a milestone.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    as I've said because I was excited when talking to a baby or toddler that isn't your own the option to adopt them will be in the pie menu.

Do the kid's parents have to consent? I mean, can you adopt someone's baby that easily?
    I am not sure I only added kids that really had noone else, if so and they didn't add consent there that would be depressing.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    edited March 2023
    There are three new TV channels:
    • Brainchild Learning - Helps build kids' mental skill.
    • ScareMax - Scares your sim, especially if they're watching at night.
    • Sitcom Central - Funny things I guess...

All of these channels have only one show each.

I recognized The Exorcist reference in ScareMax. In others, I didn't. Brainchild Learning had a counting vampire (which I get), but my childhood was little rather horror movies disguised as kids shows...
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    There is I Will Survive on Soul channel!

I love it πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    also you can tend bar while carrying infant in infant carrier
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Infants can have different reactions to the radio. One of mine considered it loud noise; the other liked it. I guess I know which one will learn the piano.