Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

March 14th, 2023 - EA App Login Issues

Comments

• Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    I had hope... But then it wants me to download the game again. Why? I already have it downloaded!

Back to the refreshing EA App constantly. I just want to play the game. Come on! I'm dying inside!
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I managed to login finally, but now the library only shows some of the installed dlc. All the packs I own should be showing as Owned, or something is wrong - it doesn't feel safe to attempt to update when the library can't even tell what I own. :s
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,184 Member
    Man, I didn't even want to play with the new Infants until all of my mods were updated. I was just going to play offline but I can't even do that now. This is why everyone complains about DRM.
  • Options
    CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    Yup, same here. Either can't log in or my library is completely empty. :s I had similar issues the day I was forced over from origin to the EA app. Everything worked again the day after, but this is ridiculously frustrating, again. I hope this gets fixed quickly so everyone can enjoy the new update and fingers crossed it won't happen again when the new EP launches! :#
  • Options
    Freckles1971Freckles1971 Posts: 507 Member
    Corwim wrote: »
    Yup, same here. Either can't log in or my library is completely empty. :s I had similar issues the day I was forced over from origin to the EA app. Everything worked again the day after, but this is ridiculously frustrating, again. I hope this gets fixed quickly so everyone can enjoy the new update and fingers crossed it won't happen again when the new EP launches! :#

This was the reason I didn't use the app before giving in and downloading it at the end of last month and now nothing but problems since installing it. :|

• Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    That's it, I'm going to sleep, I can't bother with this nonsense anymore. So incredibly unprofessional that the app we're FORCED to use doesn't even remotely work. Embarrassing.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    RedShoe7 wrote: »
    I got into the app by clicking on the Sims 4 shortcut on my desktop. I shut the game down and the app was on and I was logged in. I turned on automatic updates and hit reload a bunch of times. The sims 4 is now updating even though there is nothing listed in my game library.

That does make me a little jealous... When I did that...
    94hwdi195og7.png

Come on! I'm tired of constantly refreshing the App.
  • Options
    GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
    Got in but now my inventory is empty...trying to not scream in simlish right now
  • Options
    Agmolly210Agmolly210 Posts: 21 Member
    Yeah I’m having problems here too. My sims 4 is updating but it shows absolutely nothing in my game library completely gone.
    Apparently EA issues again every time we get a new patch update. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.
  • Options
    KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    Mine's just weird. When it was first available, I could get in and update. Then I was booted out. It took ages to get back into the app and now there's no library, but a message that says Sims 4 is updated. Except there's no game.
  • Options
    gazzingirl44gazzingirl44 Posts: 62 Member

94hwdi195og7.png

Same issue!
  • Options
    DivapixieDivapixie Posts: 63 Member
    Just got back in. The game is back in my library and now updating. crossing my fingers that it won't take too much longer for the rest of you
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    edited March 2023
    I'm now reloading the library page... over and over.. sometimes my dragon age shows up but not the sims 4
  • Options
    HeidiGrrrlHeidiGrrrl Posts: 122 Member
    edited March 2023
    Here it is, the afternoon of 3/14/23, and I still can't log in. Says there's an error. Cleared the cache, and library was empty. Closed down the app, tried again, and can't log in. Cleared the cache, and now can't log in at all. Also, VERY ANGRY that EA forced this app on us, and LIED saying that Origin would NOT be deleted from our computers, yet that was the very first thing it did--deleted Origin!

Now 1:34pm, and was able to log in, but library is empty. AGAIN. Can't even play my old games. There's nothing there.
  • Options
    lovemy4slovemy4s Posts: 153 Member
    edited March 2023
    Update 2: Running game and everything is showing up and infant lifestage is good to go. I hope everyone’s is fixed as well!

Update: Still updating currently updating but noticed that through ea app some of my content isn’t showing in library and some are. Once I can get into game I’ll see if it’s there. This is really frustrating.

Just logged back into EA App literally less than 1 min ago. My games were back up in the library and was able to update. Currently updating game now.
  • Options
    CheekyimpCheekyimp Posts: 124 Member
    Forced on to the EA app today (haven't logged in for a few weeks) its flicking from not being able to log me in, or when I do log in, I have an empty library, and the one time I did manage to see my library right after the first login, it wasn't showing the sims 4 at all, which is very disconcerting when you have all the dlc :(
    I don't know what to do, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, but same result, tried fixing the app, cleared the cache etc, nothing changes. Very worried right now seeing that some of these issues have been going on for months for some and isn't just a result of people logging in today
  • Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    HeidiGrrrl wrote: »
    Here it is, the afternoon of 3/14/23, and I still can't log in. Says there's an error. Cleared the cache, and library was empty. Closed down the app, tried again, and can't log in. Cleared the cache, and now can't log in at all. Also, VERY ANGRY that EA forced this app on us, and LIED saying that Origin would NOT be deleted from our computers, yet that was the very first thing it did--deleted Origin!

Now 1:34pm, and was able to log in, but library is empty. AGAIN. Can't even play my old games. There's nothing there.

That is weird, because I have the app, and was able to keep origin, but I don't know if it is because I was not forced onto the app, they stopped moving people over before it got to me, but one time I had issues with origin so I switched to the app, but I can still use origin as long as I am logged out of ea app.
  • Options
    CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    edited March 2023
    Corwim wrote: »

This was the reason I didn't use the app before giving in and downloading it at the end of last month and now nothing but problems since installing it. :|

Yeah, I know. Never had these kind of issues with Origin (and *ahem* neither with Steam or GOG *ahem*). Really do hope they seriously look into the issue here and fix this for good so this won't ever happen again in the future. I absolutely LOVE the Sims, but twice now (seemingly) losing all your payed content overnight is a pretty scary experience...
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I checked and my library was empty. I'm not gonna do the update for a few hours.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    There's a lot of glitches that are happening with the EA app in general right now, possibility because of the system being overwhelmed with everyone rushing to log-in and get the infant update downloaded all at once. Before today playing offline worked just fine for me, and is supposed to be a feature that you're able to do with the EA app, the same as it did on Origin. So I'd suggest making a support ticket for that if it's locking you out of playing offline rn. It's not supposed to.
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Can’t log in, I’ll just painful wait a little longer and come back tonight. Maybe some of my mods will be updated by then as well. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
  • Options
    cleo224cleo224 Posts: 87 Member
    I can log in but my games are not showing in the library
  • Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,184 Member
    Alright so I don't really WANT to complain, but just want to comment on something funny about my ordeal right now. I kept trying to get my library to load and after much troubles.....My library loads! Every game I owned on Origin/EA App is now showing up in their entirety. Except for my Sims games........Not even the SimCity games I own. I just thought that part was pretty funny, still annoyed, but it was funny.
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    RedShoe7 wrote: »
    I got into the app by clicking on the Sims 4 shortcut on my desktop. I shut the game down and the app was on and I was logged in. I turned on automatic updates and hit reload a bunch of times. The sims 4 is now updating even though there is nothing listed in my game library.

94hwdi195og7.png

Come on! I'm tired of constantly refreshing the App.

I'm sorry it didn't work for you. I wanted to repair after updating so I reloaded again and lo and behold all my games including Sims 4 showed up. Repairing now.
  • Options
    Freckles1971Freckles1971 Posts: 507 Member
    Logged in but no library there. :#
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top