Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 499 Member
    Sofmc9 wrote: »
    That's awesome! It's what I usually do in The Sims, recreate my favorite tv shows and movies. : ) I have a fascination with the 70's and most of my saves take place in that decade.
    And since you're into the 60s and 70s, you might like watching my Brady Bunch and Exorcist machinima. :D By the way, do you create Scooby Doo machinima?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbFLLZGUWp4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t7ZEtJeHyc

For anyone looking for 1960s themed clothing, Linzlu makes great clothes.

aYu9bsY.png

Got that set, it's a good one. As for machinima, I attempted it once a couple of years ago but it is very time consuming. Since then I've done a short video for Sim 66 called "The Orange Peel Club" set in a groovy 60s nightclub and I'm working on a video for the upcoming 200th chapter of Sim 66.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtFbl5BL3go

But a Brady Bunch machinima...I'M THERE!

That was really cool, Kellogg! I left a comment : )
    Yes, machinima can be time consuming. :# I created Brady Bunch video part 1 and 2 about 10 months ago and I haven't done part 3 yet, lol.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,436 Member
    edited March 2023
    @Brd709
    That’s awesome that he built the house! Great work Jayce, the kitchen looks amazing. Also your mention of Home Improvement brought back memories, Tim looks spot on. Woah that’s amazing, you did a great job rebuilding those houses! You’ve also given me an idea to try that some time🙂 LOL Was going to say Jayce was lucky for not getting pregnant but he was taken to have a word with Daisy’s mother🤣 Oh no, not child services😵‍💫
    @Mightysprite
    Thank you, seeing it happen to Connie was truly sad. Seeing her classmates distance themselves from her was sad but the support from the other 2 was heartwarming.
    @Hanuel
    Thank you, I think all will be well with Colette and Warner now🙂 Oo didn’t realize about the Friday feature, that’s neat! I couldn’t believe it either when everyone avoided Connie. That was rough.
    Your high school is very well detailed, I really like the study room. Great use for those lights too, they fit so well there! Love what you did with the arches outside too. It’s all going to come together at the end
    @DaniRose2143
    Awesome name choice, Scoopy Doo’s. It looks great too! Great use of the ice cream cones too. Great color choices for the interior. You did those windows justice, I can never figure out where to use them but they’re perfect. Haha 4.5 -5hours definitely sounds like a speed build.
    @Lady_Earth
    The twins look adorable!
    @Daephene
    Looks like Delgato family had a great time at Granite Falls. The natural pool looks like an awesome spot to swim. Nice shots of the couples. Very neat idea of having a restaurant at the Falls, the rain didn’t ruin the day after all. Happy birthday Desiree, she looks lovely.
    @Crocobaura
    Haha its moments like that, that make me fear spotting a werewolf in public.
    @lemonella
    Looking forward to reading your story🙂
    @LonelyWolfTales
    Thank you, Connie was really rocking her hair color! Senna’s death and post was so sad. Honestly in the sims I never seen a death hit so hard as hers, but I also mainly play with aging off to avoid that. The photo was incredibly saddening
    Awh Mikkel going out on his own, such a brave little one! Love that he knows how much time he has till he’s found out to be gone. Woah that’s so cool, finding Owen with search of his emotion. Aw his response, he’s with the moon🥰 Adorable! By bus and by boat, Mikkel knows his way around. The hug at the end was so heartwarming ❤️ Owen missed him too☺️

Here's a new update with happier vibes🙂
    Warner never witnessed Nora’s birth so when he saw all the mechanical arms around the bed beginning to move he got scared. “All those for a baby?!” tfscmD6.png
    This guys has seen this happen many times but even he looks as shocked as Warner. tcTMcCU.pngHe looked in awe as his little one was carried by the claw. WVhjZIr.png Warner was happy when Mom and baby were well. HiJVeR0.png Once they arrived home Warner hit the bed. He was awake since the morning and needed his rest…it’s like he was the one who gave birth.🤣 Nora walked into the bedroom to see the baby. 4NJEjSP.png “This is your little brother Reese, Nor” Colette told her. She smiled. 5y0alSr.png Suddenly as Colette placed Reese into his crib, it hit Nora. She stared at her new brother as she realized she was no longer the only child. eoPGEtd.png Her mood changed completely. She walked out the room asap😭 vKU81Yn.png Poor Reese😔 Didn't expect this from Nora NxYZ62m.png

Aaron’s birthday was soon upon them. Everyone was invited to his celebration. Colette got him a gift. Despite being her little brother, she also views Aaron as her own child. They had great moments when it was just them two. LtLh6y0.png
    Warner showed off Reese to his father in law. sYK9Yg1.png Little guy was just trying to get some sleep🤣 XRjpp32.png It was time to blow the candles. Lyzu3Us.pngTakgn86.png As Colette hugged Aaron, Nora took it as a good opportunity to play with paint. Literally behind her mothers back. WSKlLmg.png She hugged her uncle though. FE56dU8.png Now that he’s older, he was allowed to feed the baby. RZ9uPYp.png Right after lowering the wall, I noticed Nora and Warner dancing in the living room😂 Nora’s definitely daddy’s little girl MJeG9pq.png
  • Options
    lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    Captured Moments | A Holden Update

Howdy Simmers! Stopping by again to let y'all know my first Holden Update 01 has been released. Great news, the Holdens are expecting!
    YhPFw0A.png
    Please keep in mind, these updates are game updates and not necessarily chapters of a story. You can find my newest update here.

Happy simming :)
    --
    lemonella
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • Options
    kerryemmiebethkerryemmiebeth Posts: 400 Member
    edited March 2023
    Ted and Meredith Roswell welcomed the arrival of baby Jenna. Jenna will be the sim who will undertake the Aspiration Challenge. I have had a few goes at it but now there are new childhood aspirations coming in GT and I didn't do the teen aspirations on the last sim I have tried with I have decided Jenna will be the sim who will finally undertake and complete the challenge. I like to use born in game sims from pre-mades. I have really been enjoying playing with the Roswells. I have never played with them before. I am saving the decorating until after GT comes out so take no notice of the horrible background in the picture!

52743510115_47e8c70f59_o.png03-12-23_7-15-57 PM by Kerry Sayers, on Flickr

Ted is in the Political career and has completed the Strangerville aspiration. Meredith is working as an Art Critic. They welcomed King Charles Spaniel Sammy into their family before they fell pregnant with Jenna. Ted doesn't want anyone to know that his mean heart has been captured by the cute little furball!

52742635427_e985a46bd7_o.png03-12-23_8-07-10 PM by Kerry Sayers, on Flickr

I won't be revisiting the newly expanded family now until GT is released on Thursday so it is back to my Emery Legacy. The current family in the spotlight is Stella Hadley (grandchild 7/10 of founder Charlie Emery) and her daughters Molly Pagan (just aged up to a teen) and toddler Natalie Kuresa. Molly's dad died of old age when she was only a newborn. Natalie was the result of a brief fling with with an island elemental. Stella has been too busy working on her career as a politician to devote time to a relationship and she has also been running a successful side business selling her paintings on Plopsy. She is now at the top of the Politician career so she is spending more time painting and raising her daughters. Molly missed out on a lot of her mother's attention when she was young but fortunately she was an independant toddler. She is also very close to the family cat Lexie and filled most of her social needs from the time spent with her and the local Kidz Klub who meet up regularly in Magnolia Blossom park.

52743584388_9efac5809f_o.png03-12-23_7-39-07 PM by Kerry Sayers, on Flickr

I'm looking forward to seeing how infants will fit into the Legacy. I know Growing Together will make a MASSIVE difference to my game and I can not wait for it arrive on my computer.
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,093 Member
    edited March 2023
    @Brd709
    That’s awesome that he built the house! Great work Jayce, the kitchen looks amazing. Also your mention of Home Improvement brought back memories, Tim looks spot on. Woah that’s amazing, you did a great job rebuilding those houses! You’ve also given me an idea to try that some time🙂 LOL Was going to say Jayce was lucky for not getting pregnant but he was taken to have a word with Daisy’s mother🤣 Oh no, not child services😵‍💫

Thank you! Most of my houses in my save are houses i know of or have been inside in real life. Carlin's house in my save was where one of my mum's cousin's lived in Melbourne (Australia)

I find i am better at building houses in real life rather than coming up with my own designs. My own layouts end up almost making no sense most of the time.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Uh, Daisy just had triplets!
    o7uZx4K.png

From left to right:

Left: Ashley (girl) Middle: Nicholas, Right: Andrew (named after her late father) and in the background: Jason (Jayce's son from a previous relationship)
  • Options
    zucchinionpizzazucchinionpizza Posts: 98 Member
    Clement Frost just spawned/moved in to one of my empty houses in Newcrest and he has 500k simoleons?? Maybe I can make him father winter some babies and make a huge happy Frost family.

kVRsb6b.png
    Check out my gallery (ID : zucchinionpizza) for base game builds ♥

• Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,859 Member
    @BlueSeaWaves
    Thank you very much.❤️ When I woke up yesterday morning I wasn't even thinking about doing another build and the next thing I know I'm building an ice cream shop. That was a wonderful update and so much happier than the Local Color Challenge one. Nora just gets more adorable with each update. I had a chuckle at her getting upset with Reese and then Reese getting mad at daddy. Happy Birthday Aaron! We've literally gotten to watch him grow up. They grow up so quickly. He's going to make a wonderful big brother.

@lemonella
    I'm looking forward to watching the new Holden's updates unfold. I'm sorry you lost the other save though. Those are never fun.

@kerryemmiebeth
    Good luck on the Aspiration Challenge. It's really odd seeing Ted being all normal. He never seems to pop up in my saves except when he's possessed. I almost forgot he has moments when he isn't completely out of his mind.🤣

@Brd709
    Triplets and a toddler. Good luck to Daisy and Jayce, they're going to need all the luck and help they can get!

@zucchinionpizza
    500K simoleons! It's not just the corporate CEO's that are getting rich off of Holiday Fest. Father Winter is doing pretty good himself.

I didn't get as much done today as I had hoped. I still have one more segment to write for Schemes & Dreams. I also need to pick a song and a queen for the ending at the Orchid. It shouldn't be too much longer unless I keep getting hit with these crazy long days at work. I did get a little more work done on the movie set too. Not a lot but that was never going to be a quick build because I do want to get more detailed than I normally do. I did get the rough shape of the actual film set.
    nUfEFPC.png
    Xf1AEy6.png
    This shot is from what will eventually be the production suite where the producers, lighting, and sound technicians can control things during a shoot.
    2qIm1pM.png

An exterior shot of the production suite.
    QMuMFe0.png

I wanted to build something like a fire escape on the backside of the set. It ended taking almost 30 minutes to get this seemingly simple detail done. The game kept finding all these thing fiddly things it didn't like about the way I was building this and it kept hitting me with errors. But I finally found a way to build them that the game decided was acceptable.🙄
    5ADTvop.png

Now that I have the shape of the stage area decided I can start adding all the details and clutter in front of and behind the camera. I also have an idea for the cafeteria in the small building to the right of the entrance. I want to have a storeroom for all the ingredients the cooks will need. This is going to be really detailed. When I do the cc heavy version I have tons of stuff to make that room super detailed. Too bad we don't have all those clutter items in the Maxis BB catalog.
  • Options
    zucchinionpizzazucchinionpizza Posts: 98 Member
    @DaniRose2143
    Someone should check where all those charity money are going...

Building stairs in this game can very frustrating, glad that you finally found a solution!

Check out my gallery (ID : zucchinionpizza) for base game builds ♥

• Options
    ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    No need for a spoiler, this is a relatively short update.
    Singing to the birds!
    Princess Roddy changed into his feminine formal dress and headed over to the Old Hollow Flock's tree. The birds gave him a present:
    2bab34bf985164cb1e4f33b7fa9656a389eb8169.png
    Princess Roddy smiled and cuddled one of the flock members:
    a201de610f4382c89aa95eb1c39f1a8a17469b75.png
    Afterwards, he sang to the birds:
    b2cec85a7faa39871bbf6f80bc6cdd7903b66641.png
    The princess was grateful for the Old Hollow Flock as they chased away the insects that tried to eat the plants of Dianthus Hall.

And that's pretty much it.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Options
    blaq797blaq797 Posts: 145 Member
    So, Hi again. Its been a while.

We are on the dawn of a new chapter in this game, and like you, I've been considering the ramifications of the immediate future on the saved games I have. Although, this update deals mostly with one game I have going; the one I call the Yopson game. This sim is a vampire, has lived around 210 days or so; and while he has certainly prospered in the progeny category, he has also lost a few children due to outliving them.

So, at his current age of 210, he has fathered a decent brood of children by various mothers totaling 114 kids. Coming to that number takes years, at least it took me a while. First time in Sims 4 I've hit over 100 in children...

So, just thought I'd share that milestone...
    Sorry, Avatar is merely my favorite Sims 4 sim.
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143 Jayce is feeling it already!

Meanwhile, Daisy isn't too keen on giving up her gym for a nursery!
    erFrsCQ.png

Jayce's son Jason isn't too thrilled about the new arrivals:
    ZoIypPv.png

The triplets were born on Sunday, they age up on Thursday. I'd like Daisy to get married before then so these babies can be my first infants:
    XUaWjvV.png

But their birthdays will move in to the new year if i switch households in the mean time.

• Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    Rory's World: Edmond Barkley has been driven to the point of desperation again after finally reaching Greg and asking for Greg's gift. Greg told him he already had the Gift and never to return, but Greg's words only troubled him.

"I told you not to come here, human. You came anyway. Came here to die, then?"

"W-what did you mean? I don't have any Gift. I'm more confused than ever! I don't know where I belong."

"Run, human! I'm done talking to you! Run away now! And know that if I catch you, there will be no gift!! GO!"

And Edmond did run! He ran for his life!

uwLtFGU.png

His heart was racing, running faster than ever before, tearing the clothes from his body as he moved impossibly fast. A thunderous voice boomed from inside him. Like a howl trying to escape. Feeling the earth beneath his hands and feet. Edmond was almost ready to release that howl from the depths of his soul!

bT9jLco.png

Almost!!!

t3ikH5R.png

• Options
    Wintefest Eve 1994, Daisy and Jayce's wedding:

Sb6omMO.png
    3p8jk4i.png
    pxAPCOb.png
    TOp8Ej3.png
    dDHmEsI.png

Daisy asked her grandfather (my sim self) to officiate her wedding never showed up! So they ended up proceeding with the ceremony without him. I shall be dealing with him later on!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    Brd709 wrote: »
    Wintefest Eve 1994, Daisy and Jayce's wedding:

Sb6omMO.png
    3p8jk4i.png
    pxAPCOb.png
    TOp8Ej3.png
    dDHmEsI.png

Daisy asked her grandfather (my sim self) to officiate her wedding never showed up! So they ended up proceeding with the ceremony without him. I shall be dealing with him later on!

I can't tell how many times the Officiant has skipped out on my Sims. Yikes. Try not to be too hard on him. After all, he is somebody's grandfather. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    @Brd709 Go easy on yourself. I'm sure you had a good reason for not showing up.🙂 It looked like a lovely ceremony anyway, and Daisy and Jayce look really happy.

• Options
    hellohannah2hellohannah2 Posts: 839 Member
    edited March 2023
    Thanks for the tips about banishing vampires everyone! I feel like I'm channeling Buffy now, and am much better equipped to deal with them the next time they show up on set unwanted and I've learned a lot about them along the way <3

Tonight, however, there is yet another pressing issue.

YAw7wlT.png
    phATEgn.png

A congregation of bag-headed sims has descended on my karaoke bar. I think I know why this happened - I must have ignored some neighborhood vote or something, but this is so ridiculous that I have to laugh. This game really makes it as hard for me as possible to take 'serious' screenshots :smiley:
    s54gWQ5.png
  • Options
    I was working on the next chapter of Schemes & Dreams and I was spending time with Judith. Her upcoming movie is set to be filmed on location in Forgotten Hollow. She joined a team from Plumbob Studios scouting locations for the filming.
    YBRGDVr.png

She tried to charm one of the locals. Judging by the look on his face I don't think it is was particularly successful, not that Judith has figured that out just yet.
    W5789Pu.png

Rumor has it his 'uncle' used to own the place. Nobody from the studio could figure out why he kept using air quotes when he said the word uncle. Anyway he offered to allow the film crew to use the castle for the interior scenes.
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    @hellohannah2 Neighborhood Stories can be rather tricky. Do you have NPC voting enabled?
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    Swimming toward some fun chapters. I hope the mods get updated soon when the update is released.

Chapter 4: Love on the Sulani Tides

52745601817_4c1f1e5884_b.jpg

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18240668/#Comment_18240668
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    edited March 2023
    Rory's World: Tears stream down Morgana Goth's face. She says the words the books tell her to say. She ignites the incense and performs the rituals. She desperately performs on her violin those songs of metal and flesh but the dead never speak to her.

6VNcRM4.png

...but the books she has are not what she believes them to be. If only she could see through walls. Her rituals speak to something more than mere ghosts. They speak to those that Thirst...

eyI7NRW.png
  • Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    Thanks for the tips about banishing vampires everyone! I feel like I'm channeling Buffy now, and am much better equipped to deal with them the next time they show up on set unwanted and I've learned a lot about them along the way <3

Tonight, however, there is yet another pressing issue.

YAw7wlT.png
    phATEgn.png

A congregation of bag-headed sims has descended on my karaoke bar. I think I know why this happened - I must have ignored some neighborhood vote or something, but this is so ridiculous that I have to laugh. This game really makes it as hard for me as possible to take 'serious' screenshots :smiley:

I can see the scene now...

"Jude...it's just that...after you went to Berlin...and there was Dean and Marnie and...anyway..."

"HEY! YOU TWO! PUT THOSE PAPER BAGS OVER YOUR HEADS OR YOU WON'T GET THE DRINKS HALF PRICE OFFER!"

• Options
    I spent my time before work this morning to do some more work on the movie set. I built makeup and wardrobe rooms. I also installed an elevator to take star sims up to the spa and sauna I plan to put on the third floor above the actual set itself. In the overhead shot of the rooms you'll notice one of the mirrors in the makeup room was missing. I didn't notice that until I went to do the shots in the room. Every time I create a room then save and exit, when I reload the game I have to go through the entire lot to find the things that the game suddenly decided it didn't like and deleted. I had a flower on the counter along with the makeup and the game decided that one flower, which was the same on the other two counters, same position and everything was a conflict. Go figure.
    yshDdBC.png
    vKh0DXe.png
    mibWYZr.png
    4YVMWoM.png
    LHEcDcT.png
    uqs6v09.png
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,972 Member
    Yeah, I’ve always disabled NPC voting. I didn’t want them voting for stuff like Free Love or Sharing is Caring without me knowing about it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top