Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should they make a larger vampire world?

The vampire realm is a mere, what, three houses and a park? It would make more sense if they added a place or places the mortals visit where they would be spied on by the vamps imo. Maybe add an old library and/or a market like what CL has. As the people live out their daily lives, we could possibly see vampires stalking them to see where they go, or maybe the vampires use their powers to influence or pester them. Or perhaps everyone just acts all happy and normal during the day, and the fanged folk simply watch from a distance. Either way... does anyone else think it could use more public places?

Comments

• Options
    BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    edited January 2023
    It would be nice, but I kinda like the flavour of it as a tiny forgotten clutch of vampires. They are few, and selective, and so remain hidden by choice.

I think almost everyone on these forums would like a few more lots on this map and in almost any other. This and Glimmerbrook are the smallest residential ones, I think.

I'd be mighty surprised if the makers did anything to expand or refresh the vamps' world, cos there's no money in it. They refreshed Spa Day knowing it would sell more copies, so it was an investment, but everyone who wants vampires in their games has already bought this.
  • Options
    LonelyWolfTalesLonelyWolfTales Posts: 44 Member
    I would be down for it! I love the vampires world but I quickly get bored living in it since there isn't much places for my vampire sims to go.
  • Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    I think almost everyone on these forums would like a few more lots on this map and in almost any other. This and Glimmerbrook are the smallest residential ones, I think.

I totally agree there. Glimmerbrook is in desperate need of something... I mean the spellcasters basically have to leave for the magic realm to do anything.
    It would be nice, but I kinda like the flavour of it as a tiny forgotten clutch of vampires. They are few, and selective, and so remain hidden by choice.

Makes sense, but there isn't too many vampire hangouts for them, either. Add a city garden that only grows plasma fruit, maybe transform that fancy manor on a hill into a hangout, as it's big enough for it- or perhaps an underground park so the undead won't burn up in the sun? Just about anything would be nice. Heck, they could even add a whole set of workplaces to make it appear as though someone actually lives there. Shops, an old movie theater, a power plant and water works place which only the vampires use...
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Absolutely. I would love to have a 10 or 12 lot expansion map to Forgotten Hollow. It would be extra cool if it were a sort of "crossover" world to all of the Occults. It could have a swampy bay where the Merfolk come in, some dark forest cabins where Werewolves reside, and maybe a hidden lot for Aliens. Ghosts could be haunting around a graveyard and maybe it could even have a dark, mystical region for Spellcasters or even a misty Fae area for if we ever got Fairy folk. Then Occult players could use it however they wanted. If it were set up like Selvadorada but looked more like Forgotten Hollow, it would be frakking amazing.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 716 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Absolutely. I would love to have a 10 or 12 lot expansion map to Forgotten Hollow. It would be extra cool if it were a sort of "crossover" world to all of the Occults. It could have a swampy bay where the Merfolk come in, some dark forest cabins where Werewolves reside, and maybe a hidden lot for Aliens. Ghosts could be haunting around a graveyard and maybe it could even have a dark, mystical region for Spellcasters or even a misty Fae area for if we ever got Fairy folk. Then Occult players could use it however they wanted. If it were set up like Selvadorada but looked more like Forgotten Hollow, it would be frakking amazing.

I really like your idea of a crossover world! That would be a great way to satisfy a lot of people with one new pack!
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    The Vampire pack feels small, I like the pack, but there aren't that many houses.
    A cemetery being added at the entrance could be the reason why it is so small, because people are too scared to go through it, and it could be haunted with Vlad's victims.
    Or add a world where all the occult can be themselves without having to hide.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Yes please. And make it a Sims 4 Moonlight Falls world. :p
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Both the world from Vampires and the world from Realm of Magic should have been around the size of Strangerville.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Larger worlds would be great indeed.

But what kind of neighborhoods could it have besides what we currently have as our Forgotten Hollow?
  • Options
    LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,663 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Larger worlds would be great indeed.

But what kind of neighborhoods could it have besides what we currently have as our Forgotten Hollow?

It could have a village center, a small grouping of 20x20 lots, we seriously need something like that with little retail lots for the butcher, the baker, the candlestick maker, the LQ if we ever get nectar making, a diner and a medium size pub to draw simsnacks. In another neighborhood we could have a few starter's to small family homes, then a third neighborhood with large stately homes for our sizable well off family's. Immortal vampires can produce quite a few offspring, especially if you rotate to another family and get the 'shall I have another baby' phone call, refuse that twice and you have another set of unwanted twins on the way. LoL. It should also have a nice fog covered lake and a cemetary. o:)<3
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited February 2023
    they should have*

at least had couple more lots on that Forgotten Hollow road like maybe getting further away from the center

but I've made my peace with the little Forgotten Hollow and I find it adorable as is

and i love theres none of those pesky shells telling us what kind of buildings the world is supposed to have so in that way i love the small little square we have

I also love to have my occults in all worlds so I feel like little worlds almost prompt me to spread my occults out and have fun

not just get stuck in specific worlds

if there is one thing
    I wish the cave in Forgotten Hollow could be explored

even if it just leads to Forgotten Grotto or does that snowy escape thing where you could woohoo or hide in it I feel like that would make so much sense to be able to break into when you can't find shelter for your poor homeless vampire
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Can the vamps at least have a single hangout? Is a bar or a village with non-vampire Sims to feed from too much to ask for? I mean, the vampire world is only houses and lots- nothing else. The park at the center is not even editable.

There are occult fights, should they turn that park into a fighting arena for the vampires to practice at, or something? Or another thing they could do is add a night school for vampire kids. Why do the kids have to go out into the scorching sun to study? This world could've been a sort of city that had a lot to do at night, as the locals are only up at that time. Perhaps, as a bonus, they could add a little "antique" store for the non-locals to purchase the vampires' gothic merchandise.
  • Options
    LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,663 Member
    I added a nightclub to one of the 20x30 lots then set mccc to 50 sims per lot to add sims for snacking, I raise my vampire kids through the ranks by making a vampire club where they feed on hoomans and use powers to raise ranks. Hit the dance floor for a group dance then when everyone is gathered round stop, feed, watch the bodies hit the floor and move on too other activities. Forgotten Hollow is wonderful like that but it could be sooo much better. ;)
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif
  • Options
    gbaisdengbaisden Posts: 95 Member
    I wish there were more lots added in Glimmerbrook, Forgotten Hollow, Copperdale. I was so disappointed. Every expansion or game pack never has enough empty lots. I see a cave in Forgotten Hollow and I never understood why that was not added to the Vampire pack. I thought maybe it's a teaser for something to come but nope, never happened. I bulldozed one of the lots in Forgotten Hollow and put down a Vampire Club and threw in some Vampire families in the houses.

The worlds seem so small and squished together. Was it Sims 2 that always had a bunch of lots? I can't remember.
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    If they took the main area of Forgotten Hollow with the park and houses directly surrounding it, and used that as the center while adding more to the outskirts of the world, that'd be really nice imo. I like the way it looks as it is, but if they kept the main part the same and just added more that'd be really fun!

But if this pack ever did get a refresh, I'd prefer the time spent focusing on adding a little more to the gameplay rather than re-doing the world. The vampire skills and whatnot are really good already, but if they could un-do the vampire nerf that happened and made break-ins something toggable like the werewolves beast mode in public toggle, and maybe adding a little more extra things for vampy's to do, and add all the sims from the paintings in that pack as townies in the world, that'd be really nice. Maybe add a little lore to pop up when you ask them questions like the townies in Moonwood Mill!
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Sheepiling wrote: »
    If they took the main area of Forgotten Hollow with the park and houses directly surrounding it, and used that as the center while adding more to the outskirts of the world, that'd be really nice imo. I like the way it looks as it is, but if they kept the main part the same and just added more that'd be really fun!

But if this pack ever did get a refresh, I'd prefer the time spent focusing on adding a little more to the gameplay rather than re-doing the world. The vampire skills and whatnot are really good already, but if they could un-do the vampire nerf that happened and made break-ins something toggable like the werewolves beast mode in public toggle, and maybe adding a little more extra things for vampy's to do, and add all the sims from the paintings in that pack as townies in the world, that'd be really nice. Maybe add a little lore to pop up when you ask them questions like the townies in Moonwood Mill!

Actually, I would love if they added more space to the neighbourhood. I would love a sleepy village kind of neighbourhood, with an old train station serviced by a steam train. They could add another 5-7 lots so we have space for some businesses too. I think breaking in should be a skill they unlock if they are in criminal career track. Also would love if they integrate vampires with cottage living and enabled them to eat from cows and llamas. They could add retro stuff like land phones, newspapers and magazines, and post mail.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    Yes, I would love a larger world for my supernaturals! Right now they have to take over other worlds. Windenburg houses some of my vampires and my werewolves build on the Windenburg Island. My spellcasters enjoy Brindleton Bay, but I change it into a version of Salem. Currently planning on changing Willow Springs into New Orleans style community as would like to do a game with characters from The Originals show. Bedford On Bagley Is going to also be a place for all 3 occults. Having a larger world for the occults would be awesome! I loved Moonlight Falls in Sims 3.
  • Options
    They seriously could make the supernaturals all be in one big world, as these realms are often far too small. Say, an open world concept where the humans are in a village, and the vampires look down at them from high in the mountains. Open concept so you actually could be the vampire examining your prey. We could then have the werewolves and spellcasters in a forest near the village, but in different parts of it. It's a world for supernatural peace or war, and the humans are trapped in the center. Do they side with the supernaturals to stay safe, or begin to garden garlic, place defensive symbols, and refining silver to protect themselves?

Just a random thought, but it would be more exciting than the tiny places we have now imo.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    When we asked for a bigger Alien world, Maxis did ... Batuu.

I would like a world designed for occult residents like Wednesday's Nevermore Academy.

• Options
    Starling_BlackmoreStarling_Blackmore Posts: 8 New Member
    I’d just like there to be space for actual things, like a library and such? Give it some flair and depth, so I don’t have to take my vamps out just to visit a museum or a bar? Also, expand on the lore, especially with the werewolves? And the other vampires. It’s implied there’s a lot of story there, but it’s never really used?
  • Options
    fujicakes1fujicakes1 Posts: 1,286 Member
    I think I saw some people mention things like this already as I skimmed through but there are a bunch of comments! I would like there to be a spooky park, a cemetery, places that your vampires can go on dates instead of having to travel to a different realm. Maybe another starter house or two, or some other bigger houses that you can move into.
    All my daily trances, and all my nightly dreams, are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams.
    I dance to the beat of my own drum, no matter how measured or far away.
    I do love a road. You can always be wondering what is at the end of it.