Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,028 Member
    Karritz wrote: »
    I finally got the tutorial on 'How to Build a Roller Coaster In Sims 3" onto YouTube. If you're interested here's the link.

https://youtu.be/7h9U-ywaTJg

I hope it helps someone.

@Karritz Hey, I just wanted to let you know that I watched your tutorial. Great info and beautiful builds. Very creative. Thanks for sharing. 😊
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,124 Member
    @lanlyn Hey!! :smiley: So great to see you pop in! How have you been? It's been a while. <3
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Just thought I would come over as I could not sharing a Sim...

I don't watch anything on Netflix and I don't have an account either but I am fully aware of a very admirable individual on there.

I actually saw one of the films from 1993 yesterday so here we are!

The Sims is not created by me (I was being lazy and wouldn't never be able to get her looking like that) so I went over to TSR and found a Sim from 2010 by a submitter named Bunnshee.
    https://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims3-sims-female-adult/title/wednesday-addams/id/969348/

The required hair can no longer be found but not a problem. I had a spare that fits 100% and changed the skin tone slightly and also removed the evil trait to friendly (No Simself of mine could love someone with an evil trait for love someone without at least once decent trait)

By appearances I don't need to say much more though as a Sim picture still speaks a thousand words:

BFrPgEs.jpg

2Etc9TI.jpg

Other than that I still have 'Simmers block' but I have never forgotten my Sims or the forums!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,776 Member
    Comments Page 4428 - 4430

@Emily4331 You're welcome.
    Lol, it is kind of funny.
    I don't think one can drink through their eyeballs.
    I'm guessing from a mod.
    Nice Halloween costume!

@Sprottenham I'll have to look and see if I even had a correct guess, lol.
    You're welcome.
    It can make them sick, but its random. It also can give good moodlets too, like the minty breath moodlet, for example.
    It might be because I think sculpting just makes what the game already had, other than the material used. I'm not sure though.
    Lol, that would be one weird way of travel. It's funny too, because Lily can also banish people that way too. Say a paparazzo is bugging the family, she can just banish them, which causes them to spawn elsewhere in the world.
    Lol, have fun if you do make one. If you do, though, just remember that the summoning from the ground isn't a game feature, its a mod I found.
    Oh, was it Madonna that she was named after?
    Yeah, I think they better get that room ready soon.
    Cute picture of Thomas playing with the blocks.

@ZhakiraP Thank you. Yes, the genie lamps come in handy for that.

@Silverofdreams30 You're welcome.
    Thanks!
    Nice job on the Sim.

@emorrill Yeah, it might actually be genetic. Gladys' cause of death was a heart attack, Elvis and Lisa Marie both died of cardiac arrest so there is a history of heart issues there. All three of them died young, Gladys was 46, Elvis was 42, and Lisa was 54. Vernon also died from a heart attack at 63 years old.
    Thank you!
    I looked at them. I do like them, but I tend to dress my Plantsims like normal Sims. However, they'd be nice to use.

@polrbear Amelia is a pretty Sim. I'm at a loss of who her father might be because I have barely played in Isla Paradiso yet.

@ZhakiraP Congrats on the birth of Bronhilde.
    I'm not sure what he's making yet, but it looks like a toilet, possibly. I know they can make toilets with sculpting.

@meerkattime Glad to see you, it's been a little bit.

***All caught up. I am off every other day this week, (M,W,F) so I may or may not play tonight. I finally finished Arkham Knight after several months. It was kind of hard to beat the last villain, Deathstroke, but I finally got it. Now I have just been playing the DLC which lets you play little storylines as other characters. I am also still reading comics when I can, and have just finished Batman: Cataclysm from 1998. It takes place in the main DC continuity at that time and deals with an 7.6 scale earthquake that hit Gotham City. It eventually leads into Batman: No Man's Land but I haven't gotten that far yet.
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,202 Member
    @lanlyn

* waves* we miss you on here.

@Brandontaylor

thank you

@king_of_simcity7

Nice to see you pop in.
  • Options
    @emorrill and @Silverofdreams30 Thanks for the wave and hello. I've been playing a little in Sims 4 off and on. No stories, just exploring gameplay. Always glad to see that this thread is still going strong! 🙂
  • Options
    @king_of_simcity7 Hmm...Wednesday? 🤷‍♀️

@lanlyn You're welcome. <3 Nothing wrong with taking a break from stories and exploring gameplay. I'm doing that currently myself. :lol: I can't believe this thread is still going strong too, but I think I have the responsibility to keep it that way for a long as I can! :p;) I love our little community here. 💜
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Howdy everyone. :grin: How's gameplay going?

I've been in and out of my medieval save testing all sorts of various medieval cc and it's been SUPER FUN! :mrgreen: I have a few more pictures to share with y'all. :blush: (They're going to be random and not very organized because like I said, I was testing stuff. :p )

Here's my testing sim - can't remember her name, sorry - trying on some (of many) new dresses:

Cool-dresses-1.jpg

^That dress (and head accessory) aren't considered "medieval," they are actually from ArtSims! :smiley: However I thought they would make for a good evil, dark witch or queen outfit. :naughty: Hee hee! :mrgreen:

Got lazy and decided not to remove the head accessory while I threw this other dress on her. :p

Cool-dresses-2.jpg

^You may have noticed a pretty righteous throne in the background there. ;) It's one of about 8 different ones. Sadly they are only decor items and can't actually be sat on. :neutral: I knew that when I added them to my game, but I wanted to see if I could use MOO and figure out a way to make it look like a sim is sitting on it, but no such luck. I'm hoping someday someone will take those thrones and turn them into chairs....... That would be rad!

This skirt was separated from a TSM Outfit conversion (I actually found the full outfit today. 👍🏻 ) and I just threw on a random top to go with it. Doesn't look too bad. 🙃

Praaven-19.jpg

I can't remember what trait she has that causes her to make this doom face every 2 sim minutes, but she is very much a chronic "damsel in distress." :joy:

Praaven-18.jpg

Medieval wooden watering can! :smiley: 👍🏻

Praaven-17.jpg

"I think I'll just chill on this old, decrepit, above ground grave here..."

Praaven-14.jpg

"Or better yet, I'll just take a nap on one. Cause that's what normal people do..." :grimace:

Praaven-15.jpg

(Not sure why the creator used lounge chairs and beds to create those graves, but whatevs!)

I do love the medieval Zzzz font mod. 👍🏻 It's the little things... ;)

Praaven-16.jpg

She seemed quite disturbed by the sudden presence of this old lady decoration in her home. :lol:

disturbed.jpg

^MurfeeL created some Final Fantasy 12 decor people for your medieval saves and I was like "SU-WHEET! Gotta have it!" :smiley: They're very well made! I'm playing FF12 currently actually, so it was a fun surprise to come across those while cc hunting. ;) )

So this was the scariest thing I'd ever seen in my CAS before! :flushed:

Scary.jpg

^I switched her down to a toddler while she was wearing a certain piece of cc that just didn't want to be pulled down like that. :lol:

And lastly, my testing chica, gender switched, becomes one good looking male sim. :love: Check him out:

Praaven-20.jpg

I may just have to save him to the bin for later. :smirk:

@Silverofdreams30 I will be checking out Chase next time I'm in game. :blush:

That's it from me for now. Hope y'all enjoyed. :) Happy Simming!
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    @lanlyn thanks for letting me know you enjoyed the video. I hope you're having fun with your games.
  • Options
    @Silverofdreams30 thanks :smile:

@emorrill yes it is Wednesday :smile:

I am looking to build this school at some point in The Sims. It conveniently has the squares and it could fit into a 50x50 lot. There where around 20 of these built in the late 60s by the Hampshire Local Education Authority and they where almost identical. I got some pictures of 3 of them yesterday and have made note of where all the others are. One of them is actually very slightly different as it was built over a hill (the arrangement of steps inside would make it different) and of course a lot of them have been extended and some are re-clad recently.

Having a close look some parts might be a bit tricky as there are 3x3 rooms which would not be able to hold much (some toilet rooms have three WCs and 3 basins in them which if including a door would not work in The Sims)

The building has 8 classrooms, a hall, some offices, stores, toilets, kitchen and boiler room.

There is also site for an extension for an additional 4 classrooms in a two story part but I don't think that any of them ever built this exact extension.

Plans:
    4mhlKXs.jpg

Drawing including the intended extension:
    Kvgbq23.jpg

Kings Furlong Junior School in Basingstoke.
    This one is the oddity built over the hill so cannot easily be built in The Sims but this was one of the easier ones to get to to give an impression of how they should look.
    sSlPcBS.jpg
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    @Karritz Hi! I just finished watching your Forest Lake video. Will respond to that and your last message in my inbox in a few minutes. Trying to catch up with things. I haven't played Sims very much in the last month or so, but I recently purchased the last Sims 4 kit packs and want to see the items in game, so will at least do that soon. I still have your Perfect Genetics videos set up on my YouTube watch list. I also want to get to those this week. 🙂

@emorrill You've done a great job moderating this thread!
  • Options
    @emorrill

Great screenshots!
  • Options
    Goth's in Moonlight Falls, Days 13 (363)

95YedEJ.jpg
    Elizabeth was at the Goth house, I think maybe from the party I had in one of the last updates. Anyway, she decided to skinny dip in their pool.

aZzn00n.jpg
    When Brandon went downstairs to cook some food, he had to stop and complain about the dirty dishes, although he didn't do anything about it. Of course, that may have been because I didn't let him.

wutGSY3.jpg
    Jacob got up and saw the food Brandon had made, so he was one of the first to grab a plate.

NpGpXRW.jpg
    Daisy went out and took care of the Life Fruit plant.

C4WXmgx.jpg
    Brandon has been watching a lot of the cooking channel in the hopes that he could learn the recipes from the foreign countries. I really don't want to have to go buy them there because I'm trying to not bloat the save with those towns.

qZ5omkI.jpg
    Both Christa and Brandon had to go to work. They are both around level 6 or 7 in their respective careers.

xdK5hTm.jpg
    Oliver made this cute little panda topiary, but I had to sell it to help his career.

u9EKxAY.jpg
    80KKwJv.jpg
    OffVNKS.jpg
    Lily finally got to the mausoleum to free the genie, Aracelli Chapa. I didn't want her for the family, I just wanted a genie running around Moonlight Falls.

gD7nfKv.jpg
    Oliver has been the handyman of the house and has been busy fixing all the broken showers. This is because the inventing skill also helps with handiness.

vbKgtX8.jpg
    Melonie got her notice just after going to bed. She already had the baby, but it will still be a few more updates before I post that.
  • Options
    Simexpert123Simexpert123 Posts: 809 Member
    edited January 2023
    @emorrill Great Medieval pictures! I love all the dresses. :blush:
    @Brandontaylor Great update!
    @Silverofdreams30 Wow! Chase looks very nice for a sim without CC. :smile:

Nothing much has been happening in my game lately. I have just been playing around with different households and CAS. :smile:

Lovely updates everyone! :smile: It is nice to see this thread being active again! :blush:
  • Options
    @emorrill interesting stuff with the Medieval content. That 'toddler' actually seems to fit the theme slightly! As for old graves I actually found an old burial ground the other day as well with old grave stones in them and a ruinous chapel. A tower is gated off but as I looked inside I saw some more gravestones as well. It is actually quite a 'Sims' like graveyard
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @Simexpert123

Thank you
  • Options
    Well I tried Wednesday out in the game. She is all alone here but I will put her in with other Sims at some point. I need a story for them. I have some ideas but nothing has yet come together.

Here is is having a look around and doing some swimming:

hJRqhh4.jpg

SwTrqjy.jpg

v5sp84s.jpg

UxfSpWw.jpg

XfnkS0S.jpg

1ftQspI.jpg

awO0vJy.jpg

After a break though it still amazes me how incredible TS3 looks after all these years!

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Hey everyone! :smiley: More from my medieval save. :blush:

Because this time I had to check out the lovely sim @Silverofdreams30 gifted me, Chase Jones, and play around with him. <3

I decided that he is going to be one, of many, Praaven's Blacksmiths. :star: (Maybe that decision came because my husband has taken up a little blacksmithing lately... :p Ahem, anyhoo!)

So here's Chase in all his lovely, non-cc glory after stepping into the Medieval CAS Room. :blush:

52647161545_195d39ac64_c.jpg

I didn't intially notice his freckles in the picture on the forum here (Sorry about that M! :grimace: ), but they were a very cute surprise. :blush:

It is for that reason that I decided to go with the "Freckled Fruit" custom skin on him. It suits him beautifully. :)

52646982274_615558a97e_c.jpg

It was at this moment of my makeover that I felt like Chase looks like another sim of mine...

Alex! From my Stardew Valley story! :grin: It's totally the eyebrows because they are the same! :lol: (But I think there's some similar facial features too. ;) )

49364009983_3ac295ff3a_c.jpg

Anyhoo, in that regard I felt it best to give Chase some different eyebrows. I also gave him some stubble and changed his hair color a little bit. :blush:

52646212977_3dd3c27209_c.jpg

When I am gifted a sim, or makeover an existing EA sim, I try to keep them as true to their original features as possible when making them my own. 🙃

Profile:

52646721081_410a028855_c.jpg

Now that that's out of the way (I did give him some body hair 👍🏻 ) it's time to dress him up for the time period! :mrgreen: I seriously had SO much fun dressing him up! :smiley:

When you're a blacksmith, you're not going to wear the best clothing you own while forging, so that is why I dressed Chase up in this getup as his Everyday wear. :blush: (Dirty shirt and all. :lol: )

52646213352_0f0b5567fe_c.jpg
    (Okay it is a pretty nice shirt even with the dirties on it, whatever! :p )

And here's a view of his backside, equipped with his handy dandy sword forged by his own hands. :star:

52646721486_aae66d988e_c.jpg

Gotta have a weapon for protection from thieves or to rescue distressed damsels from unruly men. ⚔
    (He could sure be my champion. :smirk:<3 )

Here's what I settled on for his Formal Wear:

52647202178_ed4d8af3ba_c.jpg

Now, normally in those days a man's Sleepwear would be/look something like this:

52646721836_a32ae2f164_c.jpg

But because this is my fantasy story, I like to see my handsome guys bare-chested every once in a while. ;):p So here we go:

52647163210_c8d4fcaf5e_c.jpg
    ^I went ahead and gave him socks so he wouldn't be super chilly on cold nights. 💙

There's not much for Athletic Wear in the medieval cc clothing department, so I just got creative. :) And it was fun! This is what I LOVE about The Sims 3. Pattern customization on EVERYTHING! :star: 👏🏻

52646722431_eb189bc89f_c.jpg

For his swimming trunks I ultimately decided on this pattern. :)

52646722606_8b94e72738_c.jpg

Ok...so Outerwear was a little tricky. :neutral: (Always seems like it is, but I guess Career is worse.)

I felt this outfit was the best out of the small bunch, but all the good shoes kept clipping with this Store outfit (even EA ones...) so I had to settle on the Season's rubber boots. I made them work though, like they're made with scale armor. :lol: 🤷‍♀️ They'll destroy snow while trudging!

52646984284_c389c74611_c.jpg

And of course he's sporting his sword. 🗡:mrgreen:

52646212567_1f84258684_c.jpg

And that's it for Chase Jones everybody. <3

52646981659_bae3e31c17_c.jpg

Hope y'all enjoyed this post, especially you @Silverofdreams30 . ;) Thank you for making him for me. :kissing_heart: I love him. And he's a lovely asset to the world of Praaven. It's very much in need of sims because it's such a HUGE world! :open_mouth:

Happy Simming y'all!
  • Options
    @emorrill

He turned out great, he will fit well as a
    blacksmith, great job!
  • Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,144 Member
    @Brandontaylor I had to do some backtracking to figure out what you were replying to, and at first it looked like your page 4428 wasn't the same as my page 4428. I got a little confused, but eventually I figured it out, that you were replying to my january 17th post. :P

Well, I see that the floor hygienator is an object meant to give sims moodlet, and after reading the sims wiki I see it's an object that must usually be invented.. oops, well, I only know about it through the buydebug menu then.. cheater! :P

Hmm, that summon (or banish) from the ground mod sounds useful for getting rid of paparazzis indead, to bad it's a little to magical for my main story line. :P

Yeah, Lise Veronica is named after Madonna. That would be her fathers idea, since he is a musician and music is one of his main interests. :P

Thanks about the comment on Thomas' picture. ;)

@emorill Well since you asked so nicely (about everyones gameplay), I have played through the next birthday update, I just have to sort my mind after this nights night shift (the brain always works more slowly after working night shift, lack of sleep...) to describe what happened enough to make a decent update. :P

The medieval outfits look nice. I have had an idea for sometime to make an update that uses older clothing, though not as far back as medieval times as a backstory type of thing for something, I just haven't found the appropriate moment to do so (it would require a story teller that can look back to describe a historical event). I'm thinking more like 17th - 18th century type stuff. "Gather around the fireplace children, and I will tell you a story about this one fateful night...."
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    edited January 2023
    Haven't played since Saturday, but that is because I have a lot of inspiration lately as well as catching up on Animal Crossing New Horizons. I've been drawing quite a bit lately, and doing some sketches for a sewing project. I used to go to a shop in town at the market when I was a teenager as my mum loved knitting (She stopped knitting recently due to the fact she has arthritis, and because my siblings and I cannot knit, she decided to use up all the wool she has by crochet) The shop in town closed as the owner was retiring
    Post edited by Sleepstar on
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • Options
    A few randoms.

I have been playing with Marshals in appaloosa and here are a few images.

cOU4bt0.jpg

Felipe Marshal ( my edit, using kurasoberinas default skin tone)

ghLtU1p.jpg

A mixologist

B1rxkVX.jpg

H8YCmF4.jpg

Felipe

All for now
  • Options
    Goth's in Moonlight Falls, Days 14 and 15 (364-365)

N10wRAP.jpg
    Lily is not going to become an author, but I didn't know what to have her do so she wrote one book.

H1u7IQo.jpg
    A long time ago, one of the family members made one bottle of nectar. I just now had someone open it to drink it.

FXc9J84.jpg
    Lily had a gem to cut that she'd gotten at some point.

Yt9G0wo.jpg
    She bought a skill boost elixr as well, but I have no idea what skill it boosted. I'm assuming it is a skill she doesn't have any points in yet, but not sure which one it is.

NnVgTxD.jpg
    Oliver made this sculpture. I didn't even remember they could make metal sculptures until I saw it in the skill journal.

eKJ8zkm.jpg
    At one of the local businesses, Lily played guitar for tips. I do not believe that she made much, if anything.

Z7iSyzf.jpg
    Melonie had a wish to read a pregnancy book so I made someone go out and buy one.

pANe6Gj.jpg
    The family had a little jam session in the kitchen while waiting for the party to start.

rDhP6Un.jpg
    As the guests arrived, Melonie revealed to Oliver that she is pregnant.

eaTOdxj.jpg
    Afterwards, Melonie got to know Ivy a bit better.

vw4dKA5.jpg
    She even revealed her pregnancy to Ivy.

iKzHoox.jpg
    Everyone tried to eat together, but they all got stuck waiting on each other and some people didn't get any food.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    @Simexpert123 Thanks! <3

@king_of_simcity7
    interesting stuff with the Medieval content. That 'toddler' actually seems to fit the theme slightly! As for old graves I actually found an old burial ground the other day as well with old grave stones in them and a ruinous chapel. A tower is gated off but as I looked inside I saw some more gravestones as well. It is actually quite a 'Sims' like graveyard
    ^Thanks and lol. :lol:
    Yeah some of those really old graveyards are just freaking creepy! :flushed:
    Wednesday looks great in your game. :) (Oh and I felt awesome guessing her correctly. :p )

@Silverofdreams30
    He turned out great, he will fit well as a
    blacksmith, great job!
    ^Thanks. <3 I'm really glad you like what I've done with him. :blush: He's quite the sexy hunk. :love: I'll show you pictures of what I mean later. :p

Hubba hubba to your makeover of Felipe! :love: And I especially love the pictures of him in the bathtub. :smirk:

@Sprottenham Oh I know my brain wouldn't be functioning at full capacity after working the night shift either. :confounded: Heck, there are some days I can't get my brain to work. :pensive: Sigh... And that's hard when you're a writer.
    Thanks for the compliment on my medieval updates. :blush:
    Oh I totally saw some cc (clothing mostly) for 17th to 18th century times. At this site! There's a few medieval finds there too. :mrgreen:

@Brandontaylor Thanks for the reply comments. 💙
    That metal sculpture Oliver made initially looks odd, but it's actually pretty cool! :grin:
  • Options
    @emorrill

_thank you, Felipe is a hot sim on his own, just added a skin, and a cc hair,
    a little blush and cc eyes.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top