Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,145 Member
    @emorrill I sent you a message.

@Brandontaylor Robert appreciates the birthday wish. ;)
    However, he did not and just kept wanting to watch TV. To mess with him, I shut the TV off every time he turned it on. It was hilarious, lol
    Haha, I thought you were nice. ;) What would've been cool here was if he would've gotten a wish to buy a new tv... :P
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,125 Member
    Happy Tuesday everyone! :blush:

We're supposed to get more icy rain today that's going to freeze up the roads overnight. 🥶 Not cool...

Anyone else affected by this icy weather that's been sweeping over the states, please, stay safe and warm. <3

@GraceyManor
    I found my hard drive and managed to salvage my medieval stuff. Now I'm trying to populate praaven and its taken forever XD
    ^Right on girl! :star:
    And I'm not looking forward to populating Praaven either for that very reason... :grimace: But I know in the end it will be so worth it. And I'll keep that precious save file backed up in many places! :lol:

@Brandontaylor Yeah...I'm wondering if mail was only delivered to royals. It would be interesting to look up and research. :) I may just do that.
    Thanks for the comments. <3
    Does the lute just sound like the guitar in game?
    ^Yeah, it does. It would've been super cool if the creator had come up with a way to incorporate real lute sounds. ;)
    Soon, he can open the first pizza restaurant in medieval times.
    ^Maybe! :smiley: I like that idea.
    Cool, I like that they turned the rabbit into a sprinkler. What better small animal to choose than something that is commonly seen in gardens?
    ^Right? My thoughts exactly. 😄
    I was gonna say I love your new avatar picture. <3<3
    Been enjoying your posts as always. :blush:

@HillyBeth
    I have two new sims! Meet Nathan McCray...
    ^I had to read this again when I was reading through the thread because one of my brother's best friends growing up was named Nathan McCray (same spelling and everything) NO JOKE! :smiley: It was nice to remember him for a moment there. :)
    Your Nathan and Charlotte are a very cute couple. <3

@Sprottenham Got your message and responded. :mrgreen:
    Enjoyed reading your posts. :)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    Y'all ready for some more medieval cc testing and shenanigans from me? :mrgreen::p

I finally decided to dress up Chase's daughter for the time period. :p (And I still can't remember her name! :lol: I'm awful...but I've legit always been terrible at remembering names so... )

52661395008_20b7ccd308_c.jpg

After all that gardening, poor kid, I sent her to go play in the sprinklers to cool off and raise up her fun bar. She's a little cutie. :blush:

52660902996_b225595a01_c.jpg\

Here's Chase reading a medieval style newspaper. :mrgreen:

52660403567_1c57409b5b_c.jpg

52660904041_57121b7c54_c.jpg

Doesn't that look cool? :smiley: Apparently the creator used pictures from a real medieval newspaper in her creation. :star:

Front:

52661188559_07814920cf_c.jpg

The kitty cat has been very good at not destroying the furniture lately so Chase praised her. <3 😺

52660904546_197d4d13cc_c.jpg

And here's an awesome one for y'all! :smiley: Danjaley made kilts for children!!! Here's one of the two (the other one looks like the kilt from DV that all the adults wear, which we're all familiar with, so I wanted to show the other one. 👍🏻 )

52661350165_d03a750ba1_c.jpg
    ^Chase's daugher be like: "Ugh, dad, do I really have to wear this?" :lol:

Over by the "outhouse" I forgot that I had found these outhouse doors a few years ago and added them to my medieval save. I wanted to show them to y'all.

52661189224_9b409405fc_c.jpg

Recolored to better fit the wood planks on the wall, while still making it noticeable that there's a door there...

52660405012_1338243a22_c.jpg
    ^Hey! It matches the mailbox! :lol:

I hope this isn't inapporipriate to show, but I chuckled when I noticed these two "going potty" together. :lol:

52661350960_db49f2f59e_c.jpg

I aged Chase's daughter down to toddler again so I could check out the NON-moving wheels version of the hay cart stroller. This one looks so much better than the last one - although I wish the wheels moved. :neutral:

52660903341_3a99d10306_c.jpg

There is some clipping with the wheel and the ground, depending on the terrain:

52660903566_91bccfc540_c.jpg

But overall I think I prefer it more than the moving wheels version, simply because it looks more realistic to what a hay cart looks like. 👍🏻

I thought I would dress up Chase's daughter in some cute toddler medieval garb and afterward the kitty came over to sniff at her. It was adorable how she reacted. <3

52661189824_681599894f_c.jpg

52660905981_68bb43ba15_c.jpg

Is there a mod out there where toddlers have more interactions with Pets? (I think I saw one on MTS) Because I was sure wishing I had that mod in during this moment of my gameplay.

I love it when sim toddlers grab their feet and rock back and forth on their bums like this. It's so stinking cute! :blush: Meanwhile kitty took notice of a fly in the house...

52661180799_a400e8169c_c.jpg

Remember that little cottage I showed y'all that I planned to medievalfy? ;) Well I switched to lady testing sim to have her check it out so I could make sure the routing was good before putting all that work into redecorating it. :lol: 👍🏻

She was elated by the falling rain:

52661389458_b649140262_c.jpg

This cottage is so stinking cute y'all, very cozy and so creatively built. I especially love this under the counter pot storage set up. :star:

52660397287_563d373358_c.jpg
    ***If any of you know how to delete parts of certain items - like the cabinets of the counter there - please educate me as I'd love to give it a try with my other builds.*** :kissing_heart:

So everything was fine on the first floor, no issues using items or getting around in the small bathroom. Now it was time for her to go upstairs - the area I was most concerned about.

52661390223_7ef4a77f04_c.jpg

To my pleasant surprise, there were no issues with her walking around upstairs:

52661182489_4ef4641cba_c.jpg

I sat her down to admire the room. I love the pretend storage cabinets in the wall above the stairway there. :mrgreen:

52661390858_7afa7e9028_c.jpg

This cottage was clearly built for a crazy cat lady. :lol: (I dunno if y'all noticed all the cat items lying around everywhere.) And I would imagine with even just one cat, there would be some routing issues; simply because the place is so small and compact. I can't imagine how it would be with 5 cats or more! I guess if someone really wanted to do that, many of the cats would have to stay outside and...the lot isn't big enough for that either. 🤷‍♀️ Anyhoo...

Of course her Sleepwear is a giant dress :lol: that clips through the bed blanket...

52660899061_a82cf124be_c.jpg
    ^Since she is a testing sim I didn't bother to check out her other outfits, ya know?

And I love love LOVE the fog emitter at the top of the chimney making it look like smoke is coming out. So clever! (Even though there's no fireplace in the house. :lol: )

52661391503_0936276870_c.jpg

Oh yeah, there's a small room behind the stairs that they designated for the litterbox :p but I think I will use it as a cold storage room for the medieval folks. 👍🏻

52661391833_486394005e_c.jpg

I will for sure be deleting TONS of items from this house!

You know it takes some skill to run a great distance in a heavy dress, especially out in the rain. :lol:

52661392018_c2dc4eaba8_c.jpg

I should've just teleported her to the testing location - because her house lot is too small for these specific items - but this was amusing. :p

I plopped down the cowplant just for fun to protect the old, deserted gate. ;) And lady testing sim thought it would be fun to tease him with a giant blue marlin!

52661392253_ebc1360a67_c.jpg

Eaaaasy there chica... :grimace:

52660900221_67618da975_c.jpg

Finally she gave the fish to the cowplant and it looked immensely satisfied. (Its chin udder was bobbing and everything. :joy: )

52661184694_1345436434_c.jpg
    ^Lady are you thinking about ghosts because you were anticipating your own possible death there!? :grimace:
    Seriously, she was teasing that cowplant pretty bad with that fish! I thought it was going to lose patience and eat HER!

Anyway, back to cc testing:

I found these rock and stump diving boards which are pretty darn neat! :smiley: I hoped they'd work and that the interactions wouldn't look tacky.

52661392953_86917d4963_c.jpg

First one I had her test was the stumps...

She walked on them just fine, it looked good, and she pinched her nose and jumped in.

52661393118_c5b2f5a3e6_c.jpg

Now for the rocks...

She's standing in the proper location, so that's good, still thinking about ghosts... :lol:

52661346505_6bf931b68a_c.jpg

And this time she did a dive!

52661346700_7fdeed5c36_c.jpg

Underwater...

52661346920_47eaa0417b_c.jpg

I discovered not long afterward that her thought bubble was glitching so I reset her.

Next items to test were 6 different medieval style hot tubs, inspired by the Witcher series. (Y'all know the scene. :smirk: ) Only 2 out of the 6 looked decent to me, which was kind of sad, but thankfully I prefer the style of the two that worked. The others I might use as decor items for lots. 👍🏻

But yeah here are the pictures:

52661347805_edfbf6b246_c.jpg

"Do my toes look pruny?"

52660902606_63bfe381db_c.jpg

Oh and the water doesn't get bubbly in these hot tubs so that's kind of bummer, but I guess they're meant to look more like giant tubs to bathe in. :p

Their arms get a little borked out going in and out of the hot tubs. :lol:

52661347515_2d3fc677c6_c.jpg

I had her skinny dip for this one because I wanted to check and make sure her nekkid outfit didn't look like a disaster. Which of course it did, :confounded: so I had to fix it. Sorry for my poor photo editing skills here. :lol:

52661347240_19243f64a9_c.jpg

Alien's have invaded Praaven! :smiley: This dude was booking it down that path!

52660401372_3bae8effaa_c.jpg

Then after I took the photo I gasped and said, "Oh my heart that VIEW!" :open_mouth:

I had to take a closer look and capture the perfect shot. <3

52661342400_012be19be8_c.jpg

It's now my Desktop background. :love:

Well that's it from me for now everyone. Hope y'all enjoyed. :blush: Keep calm and sim on!
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @emorrill
    All the medieval CC you find is amazing!

52661389458_b649140262_c.jpg
    I especially love her dress and that newspaper!
  • Options
    Screenshot-2.jpg
    Its so nice to be back in Praaven, I love love love this world.
    This is my King Arthur and his knights. XD

Screenshot-4.jpg
    I can't believe I chose that beard on Sir Gawain XD

Screenshot-5.jpg
    Of course a leading lady, Odette.

Screenshot-8.jpg
    Knights in training, they haven't received armor yet.

Screenshot-6.jpg

Screenshot-7.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    @GraceyManor Thanks girl! :blush:

And that is one gnarly beard Sir Gawain is sporting. :joy: Your Praaven and characters look great! :star:
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,203 Member
    @emorrill

Great updates, enjoyed all the photos

@GraceyManor

Great update from Praaven!
  • Options
    @emorrill
    Thanks! Yours looks great to!
  • Options
    Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,672 Member
    edited February 2023
    I started a new Moonlight Falls save to overhaul my household

Danqing. I always think he has the feeling of 00's Chinese idol + Japanese glam rocker
    pSrGztK.jpg
    pSrJSfO.jpg
    pSrGxk6.jpg
    pSrJWge.jpg
    pSrJR3D.jpg
    pSrJfjH.jpg
    pSrJc4K.jpg

The couple with the biggest age gap in the character setting in my sims so far
    In their bios, Danqing once an ancient terrorist, after becoming a vampire he lived to modern times and becomes a musician. Haizea Lore was born in modern times.
    pSrYJrd.jpg
    pSrYGKH.jpg
    pSrYYqA.jpg

It reminds me of a sentence I have read: "The hero and the heroine's age gap cannot be 30 years old, but can be 300 years old."
    pSrBdg0.jpg
    pSrBUCn.jpg
    pSrNWgU.jpg
    pSrN4u4.jpg
    pSrNfvF.jpg

(I could have uploaded more screenshots, but it has reached the hourly free limit)

Danqing without makeup
    pSrBfv6.jpg

Take a closer look
    pSrB4KK.jpg

Future new sim, Jude Rose. How many of the sims I created have personalities that match their appearance? :):):)
    pSrBxr8.jpg
    pSrBvKf.jpg
    BTW the "Taken-Inspired Duo" (Morgue and Nikolla) are going to be a trio. There's a classic trio configuration that is "cute, cool, passion". Now that both "cute" (Morgue) and "cool" (Nikolla) are available. The "passion" is really not Jude
    Post edited by Shadow_Assassin on
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • Options
    @emorrill Hehe, sims thought and speech bubbles are sometimes interesting. They aren't always easy to make sense of, but sometimes they do. :P Yeah, I would probably think the same thing, that she was afraid of being eaten and turning into a ghost. A cow plant would definately be a scary thing to approach... :P Interesting dress she is wearing to, it looks like it's supposed to be made of grass?

Hmm, did they have newspapers like that in medieval times? :P Also, the child and toddler is really cute too. :P

I downloaded the stroller, but haven't looked at it yet. Will try to do so over the weekend.

@ShadowAssassin I use imgur for pictures and I haven't encountered any limit yet..there probably is one, because I sometimes have to confirm I'm not a robot*, but it still allows me to continue uploading..

* that's usually where I try to stop uploading/limit myself, because I don't want to upload to much anyway. :P
    th1das9.png
  • Options
    Chapter 19.3 – Sunset Valley March 2023: part VI – Bjørn Yngves birthday

This is the second to last teenage birthday for Sunset Valley this year, as the next one won't be until October (on their timeline) when it's Mortens turn to enter his 13th year. However, there will be two more birthdays before then where a couple of toddlers will age up to children, the next one already next month... With so many birthdays, maybe I should go a little easier on them and not dedicate an entire update for each persons birthday, yet I do feel that these are significant events that should be marked properly. Hmm. Oh well, here we go..

Sim profile:

Full name: Bjørn-Yngve Kråke-Motorsen
    Date of birth: March 22nd , 2010.
    Personality traits: Easily impressed, genius, inappropriate.
    Family tree:

jxSc69h.png

---

z1BNjuO.jpg

Bjørn-Yngves family lives in this house on 378 Skyborough Boulevard. In my language the adress is Himmelstien 378 which would directly translate to "Heavenly Path 378", hence back in the day the town council thought it to be appropriate to build a new graveyard on an empty lot close by their house..

COUm0LU.jpg

Heavenly Path Graveyard and Mausoleum, 415 Skyborough Blvd. The mausoleum houses the urnstones of all the sims that have died so far and everytime I see it, it reminds me of the most depressing moment of me playing the sims.. Early on, I played rotationally and with aging off, which meant that I had to make the rounds and take on the role of the grim reaper himself to make sure that everyone who was supposed to die, did so when their time was up... I wept internally for each and every one of them....

Since the family lives so close to the graveyard, it's inevitable that certain eerie sounds accompanied by music is heard during the night.. so I found it natural to follow these sounds and hang out at the graveyard, while waiting for the family to wake up, which resulted in the recording seen above..

GZFNrok.jpg

The sound of ghosts isn't the only thing heard in the night, because as I check up on this family, they all have a recent bad memory of their house being burgled.. I look around to see if anything is missing, but I can't see anything. I don't have a full overview of every item in their house, so something migh be gone, but I couldn't figure out what it was.

gvGxWJg.jpg

So I just assume that it wasn't anything important, and carry on...

rT8QBTf.jpg

Helene is the first one to wake up, to take care of Anton, and stroll around at home in her underwear. Helene is a bit of a snob that values appearance (to the outside world), but when she is at home with just her family she relaxes a lot more and shows her true self. :P

EzwuH67.jpg

Bjørn-Yngve wakes up next, and goes into his mom's writing den to cheer excitedly. Helene is also a creative person that enjoys writing, painting and photography. This could be why he is cheering, but I think it's more him being excited about playing king on the chair, like kids always do..

bYAPXes.jpg

Helene used to work at the day spa, before it became possible to sign up to various freelance jobs for the more ambitions minded sims, and as such she doesn't have fixed work hours, which just allows her to chill in her underwear a little longer..

5cPXSNi.jpg

Not the same for Bjørn-Yngve and her husband Knut, that have to get up and ready for work and school. Knut has gone into the kitchen to prepare breakfast, before going to work at the town hall. The only reason for him working in the politcal career is so that he can take advantage of his charismatic personality and strategic mind.. His real life goal, however, was simply to max out his skills in handiness and logic, which he has already achieved.

Jp6ubQt.jpg

The boys eating breakfast. (I wanted to show this one, since they ate at the same time. Of course, they can't sit at the same table... yet...)

Continues in spoiler.

6Prgkvp.jpg

Then Bjørn-Yngve hops on the school bus for his last day at school as a 12 year old and an elementary school pupil. Helene and Knut eat their breakfast, and Helene has to subtly ask Knut when he will get his next pay rise, so that she can buy more expensive things for the house..

"Helene, that's not how it works.. I can't ask for a pay rise all the time. I already got one last month..! Besides, I'm a politician... we have to show some restraint, or people might start protesting or even rioting....and we don't really want that..."

nWNe7r4.jpg

Then it's off to work for Knut. Showing restraint or not, he's got a pretty fancy ride, though. A 2016 Lexus IS 350 F Sport to be excact.. fitting for a guy with Motorsen as his last name. ;) My sims like their fancy cars... :P

P1BUyW6.jpg

Helene spends the day finishing up the job of teaching Anton talk, ensuring that he learns all the important things of course. Repeat after me... "Daddy has a really fancy red car, and all the neighbours are really impressed...."

nsJCH9r.jpg

"Don't be afraid of the ghosts you hear at night, they're just people that once used to live in town, just like you and me..."

8UvHdIz.jpg

After finishing the job of teaching him to talk, she goes upstairs to the balcony to finish a painting she started a good while ago, as well as increasing her painting skills. One step towards her goal of mastering painting and writing..

2cYdKPM.jpg

Then it's time to invite everyone for the birthday party. She insists that they wear their finest clothing, jewelry and sparkling diamonds if they have.. let's make it a sparkling party to impress the neighbours and have everyone talking for weeks. ;)

Guest list:
    George Alnuman (10 yrs, friend)
    Ingrid Kråke-Karlsen (21 yrs, cousin)
    Morten Kråke-Karlsen (12 yrs, cousin)
    Egil Kråkesen (71 yrs, grandfather mothers side)
    Frida Kråkesen (66 yrs, grandmother mothers side)
    Lise Veronica Motor-Notesen (13 yrs, cousin)
    Eirin Motorsen (68 yrs, grandmother fathers side)
    Ingmar Motorsen (70 yrs, grandfather fathers side)
    Robert Bråge Motorsen (13 yrs, cousin)
    Kristina Reppe (14 yrs, friend).
    PS: Eveyone is given the title they have in relation to the birthday child, e.g. When someone is called grandfather throughout this update, that's because they are Bjørn-Yngves grandfather, not necessarily the grandfather of whomever else they might interact with. ;)

pZEdbAA.jpg

Bjørn-Yngve is still at school and won't be home for some hours more, as he also has to attend the boy scouts. This leaves plenty of time for the parents to decorate and clean up the place to make it as shiny as possible.. can't have these kids toys lying around all over the place...

J23fpvU.jpg

The first guest to arrive is this lady, Valborg Ulstein. She is one of the maids in town. Since my storyline of playing Sunset Valley began in 1977, the original maids Kate Pistachio and Grady Elfman have since retired. Their whereabouts are unknown, if they are even still alive. Well, anyway, this new maid first greets Helene with a friendly smile, before going into a small fit of rage. I'm not sure why, because Helene just cleaned the house! Or maybe that's the problem, because this family doesn't have a maid service.. or maybe she's angry they were throwing a party and she wasn't invited...

9pNunQv.jpg

The next guest is of a much friendlier nature. Kristina Reppe is probably the least likely of all Sunset Valley inhabitants to actually get angry about something. Even as a teenager, she's just super nice and easy going.

x7Wi75T.jpg

Then comes grandpa Egil. An ambitious snob and retired CEO of the TelComNor foundation that was founded by his father again in the early 1940s. Hs father worked really hard back in the day to get the company going, and it was his business ideas that slowly brought the Kråkesen family from rags to riches. Though Egil was once set to take over the reigns of the company, his father wanted to teach his son the value of hard work, just like he had to, and as such he didn't get a free ride to the top just because he was the son of the companys founder.. When Egil finally took over leadership of the company in 2008, after his father passed away, he began work to make the company an international success, furthering the wealth of the family, of course, greatly helped by his wifes success as an author and later career as a professional athlete, that is. ;)

3pKViec.jpg

And here is his wife, Frida Kråkesen, as the fourth guest, along with her grandchild Ingrid, and recent birthday child Robert Bråge. Frida is nowhere near as snobby as her husband or youngest daughter Helene, or her grandchild Ingrid.. Bjørn-Yngve is also seen just having arrived home from the boy scouts. He stands there for a while, watching the influx of people, before he decides to do his homework on the front porch.. He's not absent minded like his mom and grandma, but still.. it looks like he doesn't quite understand that all these guests are there because of him. ;)

RuZ3ZId.jpg

Then comes his cousin and Ingrids younger brother Morten, and he seems to have some reason to not be satisfied with grandma, and honestly, I don't know why... I would probably need to have either household as actives to begin to figure out what this is about...

Y8APcpU.jpg

Lise Veronica follows next, and this time she has prepared a meal. It's just a salad, but it's not that long ago since she was just a 12 year old too, so this is fine. ;) Maybe she is trying to improve her own behaviour, or maybe she brought it just to satisfy her own hunger, just in case no one else brought food for the party... :P

0ICARmh.jpg

I wasn't sure if George would show up, since he completely ditched Roberts party, but here he is now. He probably just forgot about time on Roberts birthday, because he was at the library reading. :P

20hmT4M.jpg

And then last (for now), comes grandma Eirin alone, because grandpa Ingmar found it more important to be playing bass in the park.. and Bjørn-Yngve figures out his next move, which is to do homework. :P

aq89j2u.jpg

People gather inside talking, and this might be another reason why the maid is angry with Helene. She seems to have a liking for her husband Knut, and is not shy of letting him know. Knut is wise and makes no advances and nothing more happens between them for the remainder of the party, except everyday conversations.

3k5AMnD.jpg

Grandma Frida is the first one to start the party by dancing on her own in the dining room and a later thought bubble from her revealed that she has been enjoying a few drops of that juice before showing up at her grandchilds birthday party.. no wonder she's in such a good mood, but really grandma, come on! :P

2AV7nwM.jpg

Guess I should have seen this coming... Lise Veronicas friendly demeanor didn't last that long, and she's already insulting the host...

qXHPNPq.jpg

..but one that she would never insult, I hope, is her girlfriend Kristina. Realizing that it won't be to fruitful to continue talking to Helene for a while, she quickly moves over to hand her flowers. Grandfather Egil stands to the left and watches the seance..

8h8O1xO.jpg

He nods and smiles at the girls, but inside he's a little torn... "One girl giving flowers to another girl as a romantic gesture? My oh my... things weren't like that in my youth...."

Now, Egil might have a conservative way of viewing the world, but he's not dumb.. Back in the day in his youth, when he was their age in the latter half of the 1960s, a time when the fight for equal rights for homosexuals was still in it's early stage and it was still risky to be publicly open as a gay person, much more so than it is today... and being a teenager looking to find your place in the world certainly wouldn't make it easier... Egil never really had that struggle though, as he has always been most interested in the opposite sex, but he was still shaped by the times, the pressure among his peers to fit in, and even more so the views of his own parents. In particular those of his father that would have a tendency to lean towards a rather strict upbringing for his own children...

iWRLGRn.jpg

..but that was long ago, and it was far away and Egil doesn't want to be that man, so he does his best, though a little clumsily, to engage in friendly chatter with the girls. Kristina immediately gives the old man the benefit of the doubt. Lise Veronica isn't as accepting and thinks he's being an awkward old fool as she gives him a sly look...

b6rn4rC.jpg

Ah.. but then finally Bjørn-Yngve finished his homework and realized it's his birthday before putting on his finest wear! Mom probably picked that one out, and it doesn't look like the kind of suit to wear while playing outside... but it will sure impress everyone when they see what a classy young gentleman her son is.. right? ;)

VmE5cPo.jpg

Make a wish. ;)

Uc4WNHC.jpg

Hooray for Bjørn-Yngve, aging up with perfect grades! ;)

ae7U7r1.jpg

Oh.. oh..

cRVouwl.jpg

"Well look at you!" Ingrid is amazed of her 'new' cousin. :P

Bjørn-Ynge inherits the charismatic trait from his father (Knut) and grandmother (Eirin).

Gc5sOMN.jpg

Then it's time for.. cake and salad, and the grandparents, Egil, Frida and Eirn mentally gang up on Bjørn-Yngves father Knut.. Especially Frida (in the middle) is very displeased and loudly lets everyone know... he's just so inappropriate. Not dressing up propertly, and pointing and laughing at his own son.. "You're such a disgrace of a father!"

083CEsL.jpg

Knut couldn't care less though, as he leaves the party behind to go upstairs to get banned from yet another internet forum...

RklUkQy.jpg

The guests chaotically gather around the table eating their food of choice in their own way, when Lise Veronica has something to say.. "Something smells in here.. it smells like trash.."

R9hOcEX.jpg

Frida jumped a little at the mention of the word 'smell'.. "Can they smell I've been drinking? Oh.. I hope not. Of course they can't.. it's probably the smelly plate over there... I have to say something about it, so that they won't think it's me.."

Frida: Oh, yeah, hehe.. it's probably.. hehe, it's probably those dirty dishes over there...

iClCVTJ.jpg

Helene: Oh, sorry about that! I'll take care of it right away!

"How embarrassing.. I can't have a party with smelly dishes all over the place.. what will people think? I should have paid more attention.. I hope this won't hurt my social standing..."

<64mVTKl.jpg

Bjørn-Yngve is perhaps the best behaved person at the party. He really doesn't make much of himself, just calmly sitting there observing everyone and eating his cake.. Frida is booing at Ingmar for having the wrong attire. Ingmar often comes of as inappropriate sometimes to the point of being rude, though there usually isn't much thought behind any of it.. and that is the problem. Ingmar is the most absent minded of anyone here. Always lost in his own thoughts, he's usually not present anywhere, even if he is. :P

NIk0i1x.jpg

The rest of the party continues with more eating, dancing and booing at each other. Lise Veronica is showing off some of her moves in the front here. Eirin asks Egil how things are at the office. Egil has retired from his postion as a CEO, but he is still on the board of directors and still attends weekly meetings. The company is his life, and he just couldn't leave it completely...

The uninvited town maid Valborg has really enjoyed her stay, and thinks its time to head home. Ingmar is probably thinking the same... all these parties with all these people he has to attend all the time, when he would be much happier just spending time at home, all alone...

XX1LCBw.jpg

Well, grandpa Ingmar finds an excuse to leave the party behind for a while, as he comes to think about the little man upstairs. The youngest member of the family Anton just woke up from having slept through most of the day, so grandpa is on the spot to let him out so he can go play with his toy box.

eTknPTt.jpg

Downstairs Kristina has gone to slow dance with Robert. Lise Veronica either hasn't noticed, or doesn't care, because she's still happily dancing along by herself in the dining room. :P

71RkYuM.jpg

Looks like the party is approaching it's end, as Bjørn-Yngve decides to go to bed and some of the kids downstairs are leaving. Well, good night, I hope you enjoyed your birthday. ;)

cvhpMxZ.jpg

Ingrid goes to play some video games with grandpa on the couch, before he calls it a night and goes home too.

8BUW8Xo.jpg

Finally with most of the guests out of the house, Helene loosens up a little and finds some time to dance as well. Eirin teases her about it.. "Sensational news! Helene danced at her own party! Read all about it in todays edition of the Sunset Valley Gazette!" (Eirins daughter Ranveig works as a journalist, so a quick phone call after she gets home might actually result in this happening... :P)

WyRMaF3.jpg

The elders were the ones that held out the longest at this party, as Frida, Eirin and Ingmar were the last ones to leave. Helene can sleep well and need not to worry about any rumours or loss of social standing as everyone really enjoyed this party and will only have positive things to say about it. ;)

DU1gEjK.jpg

Good night. ;)

O1yNYjE.jpg
    th1das9.png
  • Options
    misty4mmisty4m Posts: 2,267 Member
    Created a new family and two little todder girls, moved them into Grandpa's Grove both of them are green thumb sims.
    MomAndDadKiss.png

My other two sims had twins boy and a girl.
    Expecting_Mother_2kSvh6BUrJKHy7xWYogugG.png

Creating patterns, I made with sims 3 pattern maker.
    Screenshot_Christmas_Pattern_oVDoMjYS5YjwfYWUXxpPMc.png

new.png
  • Options
    meerkattimemeerkattime Posts: 261 Member

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks for the welcome back :) .
    Chase Jones is cute. I love freckles! He's got great traits too ;) .
    I remember commenting Felipe in a PM but I'm still enjoying the bath pictures, hehe.

@lanlyn Nice to see you! I hope you're having fun with The Sims 4.

@king_of_simcity7 Wednesday is awesome. Nice to see you playing. It's been a while since you've been posting.

@emorrill Thanks girl :blush: !
    Silverofdreams30's Chase looks yummy in your game.
    That poor frustrated mail lady! :lol:
    I'm loving all those medieval themed cc objects you've been showing. Great looking and creative things! I love the martial arts dummy and the tools Chase is using for repairs.
    That's one huge garden! Lots of work in that one. I hope Chase's daughter has a little bit play time sometimes too ;) .
    Aww, the rabbit sprinkler is co cute and funny! :blush:
    I'm glad to see Chase got to have some fun :smirk: .
    Chase's daughter looks great in her medieval outfit. Nice to see her having some time off, hehe. The pictures of her as a toddler with the cat are adorable :heart: .
    That cow plant looks terrifying! :anguished:

@Brandontaylor Thanks for the welcome back.
    I love that panda topiary. Too cute! I'm sure the genie is happy about being free again. Congrats on the baby!
    Too bad part of the visitors had to leave the party hungry ;) .
    Hello Xander!
    You are already at the 9th generation? I think the furthest I ever got was the 4th ;) .
    Well, at least two people got some cake this time.
    Lol! Poor Chaim with his "dysfunctional TV". :lol:

@Sprottenham Happy birthday to Robert! It's not a real party if there are no uninvited guests showing up :wink: .
    I'm glad everyone was happy with the party.
    Poor family getting burgled. I guess they were lucky nothing important was gone.
    Grandpa Ingmar seems like a bohemian character, if playing bass in the park wins going to a grandkid's birthday party ;) .
    Frida looks happy dancing. I see, she's got a secret.
    Happy birthday to Bjørn-Yngve! The atmosphere seems a bit stressful though ;) .

@GraceyManor I love your Praaven pictures. The world and all the outfits look great.

I haven't been taking a lot of pictures, but I have been playing.

Yes, I love this lighthouse :sunglasses: :
    1GqZYar.jpg

A random hungry dear at Dragon Valley summer festival:
    9SY7om7.jpg
  • Options
    krabby_pattiesskrabby_pattiess Posts: 358 Member

Hi guys, it has been a while. I have started a legacy challenge. My founder Scarlet Love is cuddling with her cat Granite (based on my cat). She is a witch and has Granite, and some small pets as her familars. She is a police officer, and started with her now hubby Chester.
    Screenshot-18.jpg

This is her proposing to Chester
    Screenshot-19.jpg
    Screenshot-20.jpg
    Screenshot-21.jpg
    Screenshot-22.jpg

Their wedding was a few days later when they both had off of work.
    Screenshot-23.jpg
    Screenshot-24.jpg
    Screenshot-25.jpg
    Screenshot-26.jpg

Here is Bella proposing to Tristan.
    Screenshot-27.jpg
    Screenshot-30.jpg

Chester Swain's daughter Bailey Swain and Tristan Van Gould are getting married. They had a kid named Caroline; she is not a vampire, surprisingly. The little red head is Scarlet and Chester's daughter Bella (lol).
    Screenshot-2.jpg
    Screenshot-3.jpg
    Screenshot-5.jpg

Cutting the cake hasn't worked for me too well, maybe because their house is super tiny.
    Screenshot-6.jpg

My blog where you can catch my simming: https://caitsims.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,029 Member
    @meerkattime Hi! Yes, I'm enjoying TS4 (when I have time to play). Anxious for the new expansion pack coming out in March. There'll be lots of new family gameplay. But I miss some of the gameplay in TS3 too. Always tradeoffs!
  • Options
    misty4mmisty4m Posts: 2,267 Member
    My plans for this sim family was to have a peaceful time raising their kids in their new ranch home, that changed fast the following day. The wife got a call from olivia Goth who is a ghost and while she was talking to her over the phone she became friends with vampires, fairies and random sims in the area.
    2_xtUj7HinWMvDVm8yQhgC74.png

A vampire showed up out of the blue to pay them a visit and after a while took off.

4_2ubPQPXEBAEp1pWvo61Pme.png

The day before this the husband got abducted by an alien and now, I believe his having this old woman alien baby who claim they have so much and common and that's a lie.
    1_u6rcAwbKub2ffSeG6tq1t8.png
    3_3Gcjvz23asDEP6sVk8v1ru.png

The good thing is my sim can keep the baby or send his child with the other parent.

new.png
  • Options
    Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,672 Member
    edited February 2023

@Sprottenham Imgur cannot be accessed normally in my country/region. I use a domestic image host that is smooth most of the time. The hourly free limit was recently implemented, but it has little actual impact on me

I don't know why the phone and editing mode @ people won't light up

Post edited by Shadow_Assassin on
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • Options
    @meerkattime

Thank you,
    loved the shot of the lighthouse so pretty!
  • Options
    MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 374 Member
    My sims just had their one year anniversary. Neither of them had anything to do that day so I had them spend the whole day together. Everything went well and they had a great time celebrating one year of marriage.

That is until the early hours of the morning when a burglar decided to stop by. They weren't home, but their son was asleep in his bed. The burglar couldn't get inside the house due to the alarm that I placed outside. (Normally I put them inside but that thread about burglar alarms being outside the house made me try it out) He panicked and eventually ran off before any police showed up.

The interesting thing about this is that I noticed the son had the lifetime wish to become an international super spy pop up. I guess a burglar coming onto the lot was enough to inspire him to fight crime. It's kind of funny though because his dad is a criminal.

I wonder how that conversation would go down?
  • Options
    @GraceyManor Thanks. :blush:

@Sprottenham Apparently they did have newspapers in medieval times (or a certain time period of it anyway, probably from the 1200's on up) because the creator used real pictures of a medieval newspaper from online in their creation. 👍🏻 :)
    No worries about not looking at the stroller yet, get to it when you can. 💜

@meerkattime Thank you for your sweet and humorous comments on my medieval cc postings. :blush: I always love reading what you have to say. <3
    I love that lighthouse too. :)
    Poor hungry deer...

@krabby_pattiess and @misty4m Enjoyed your posts. :)
  • Options
    Have a nice weekend everyone!
  • Options
    You guys! I just had a breakthrough! :smiley: (Or is it, I just made a breakthrough? 🤔 Anyway!)

I've had this issue in my game for years...always drove me bonkers. So one day, a while ago, I got fed up and finally looked up how to remedy it. However, the one remedy I did find required making some changes to the game files or whatever jazz like that and it was just way beyond my computer expertise - or confidence - to attempt. :( So I just released a sigh and decided to deal with it. I could learn to. Especially when I generally keep the wild animal population at 2 or 0 in most of my saves.

Anyhoo, since I've been testing around in Praaven lately I haven't bothered setting up the world with the NRaas settings I prefer during normal gameplay. So when I happened upon a deer (a buck even :star: ) while looking around the world I was very excited to see it looking normal from high up, almost to the Map View. Until I zoomed in on it and of course...it went black. :unamused: Y'all are familiar with the issue, right?

Regardless of the annoying glitch, I sent Chase's daughter over to go greet it. Naturally he wasn't too thrilled that a human had approached him. :p

52666490377_12cb34207c_c.jpg

Ugh. I just can't stand having the adorable deer looking pitch black in my game anymore! :grimace: It ain't right!

So I had a thought...

Maybe if I go into Debug Enabler on the deer and "reset sim" that should fix the issue, right? Wrong! :(

Guess a fix that simple would've been shared online...silly emorrill.

So then I attempted something else...

I sent the deer into CAS via MC. It was a scary sight:

52666490552_135c7c2227_c.jpg

While there I clicked on "Hair" and chose the first color option that seemed fitting, light brown. (And actually I don't think it really matters which color you pick). When I did that, I noticed the deer's icon picture below go from pitch black, to a normal looking deer. I was like, "Hmmmmm." Maybe...? I clicked the big check ✅ and exited CAS.

Back in Live Mode, to my wonderous surprise, the deer looked just as he should. :grin:

52667277794_ebb42c30d8_c.jpg

I didn't want to get too excited though, so I scrolled away from him to almost map view, and then scrolled back in close. He didn't go pitch black. I WAS ELATED!!! :smiley: "YAAAAAAAAAY! I found a simple fix to the black deer glitch!" :mrgreen: 🎉

Y'all I am so stinking excited about this so be prepared for a photo dump! :lol:

After watching the deer for a bit, I sent Chase's daughter to greet him again. He was still crazy skittish...

52666985551_fa153447f3_c.jpg

...wanting nothing to do with her so he pranced along on his merry way.

52667278044_18f05a2a16_c.jpg
    (I was keeping a close eye, in case he turned black again...)

Cutie beauty. :blush:

52666985831_b2db75159c_c.jpg

52666985986_4db6c6d350_c.jpg

Gosh it's been years since I've been able to admire the deer in my game like this. <3

52667422900_749d0f5405_c.jpg

The silly goose still wasn't warming up to Chase's sweet daughter...
    (I finally had her change out of the "presiding over the royal court" costume. :lol: )

52667489263_a3451ae3f8_c.jpg

I finally just sent her home since it was getting dark (via teleportation cause that particular deer was up in the mountains).

And it would seem that after fixing the one deer, the fix passes on to other deer. :star: Cause this one showed up on Chase's home lot not long after I sent his daugher home and it's NOT the same buck! No blackness at all. Another nice surprise. :smiley:

52667489528_e00700e4a3_c.jpg

Another close up because this is emorrill loving the fact that her deer look normal in her game again. :blush:

52667489738_1bb6ab727d_c.jpg

The buck walked around the fence to the front of the lot, saw that Chase was standing there and was like, "NOPE!" :lol:

52667423725_a7ee4471da_c.jpg
    (The moon! :open_mouth::love: )

Still, I had Chase go after him. Chase has juicy apples in his inventory :smirk: but I guess they aren't able to feed deer produce huh? :confused: They really should.

The two had a stare down for a moment. :lol:

52667490183_ff329998f3_c.jpg

Then the buck bolted and Chase decided to chase it. :p

"I wonder where that boy went?"

52666984926_941e507234_c.jpg

<3 So stinking CUTE!!! <3

So there you have it my friends. The fix to the black deer glitch. 🙌🏻 Woop woop! Praises be to NRaas Industries and my smarts. :lol:;):p

If someone already discovered that fix and wrote about it on the internet, I've never seen it, so I just assume I discovered it. And I am more than happy to pass on this knowledge to all of you who are also plagued with the same glitch in your games. :kissing_heart: You can now enjoy the deer again with their correct coloring. :blush:

Happy Simming!
  • Options
    My sims just had their one year anniversary. Neither of them had anything to do that day so I had them spend the whole day together. Everything went well and they had a great time celebrating one year of marriage.

That is until the early hours of the morning when a burglar decided to stop by. They weren't home, but their son was asleep in his bed. The burglar couldn't get inside the house due to the alarm that I placed outside. (Normally I put them inside but that thread about burglar alarms being outside the house made me try it out) He panicked and eventually ran off before any police showed up.

The interesting thing about this is that I noticed the son had the lifetime wish to become an international super spy pop up. I guess a burglar coming onto the lot was enough to inspire him to fight crime. It's kind of funny though because his dad is a criminal.

I wonder how that conversation would go down?

@MantleJackal Can't help it, this was my first thought reading your comment:

6BgB.gif

:joy:

Now that the song is in your head ;) here's the remake by Alien Ant Farm that I like better for your enjoyment. 🎵

• Options
    edited February 2023
    Screenshot-24.jpg
    Arthur decided to go to market today, disguised as a peasant. He wanted to see how his people lived without being idolized. As he approached a shop, he saw a shop keeper giving a young lady a hard time. 'Look you wretched, girl, I don't care if you r mother just died. She borrowed the money when she was alive. Its not my fault she croaked before she pay it off! Now you owe it, Until you pay it, I refuse to help you anymore." The young girl owed money from a debt her mother had endured to help support her.

"But sir...I'm more than willing to work here to pay my mother's debt." The girl said. The shopkeeper shoved her. "I told you, I don't want you working here!" The young lady responded. "I can pay 10 silver a week then to get caught up." The shopkeeper glared. "I said its all at once or nothing!

He watches for a few more moments as the conversation gets louder and more heated.

He then approaches the two without any words, his hand resting on his sword's hilt. The young lady is afraid and looks down, while the shopkeeper is not too worried.

He steps between the two.

"You have quite a temper there, friend." His voice is low and controlled. "Perhaps you should go take the afternoon off..."

Screenshot-27.jpg
    "I'm just trying to get what is owed to me. And she is being so difficult!" The shopkeeper said.
    "Your manner will get you into a fight with someone who's not as nice as I am."
    He then speaks directly to the girl.
    "And you, young lady. Stand up, hold your head high. We'll find a better solution for your problem and put this man in his place.
    I am Arthur, King of the Britain's, and I will have no cruelty in my lands."
    He looks back to the shopkeeper, his hand still on his sword.
    "You've just made an enemy of your king."

Screenshot-26.jpg
    The shopkeeper scoffed. "So now you claim to be the king? I just want what's mine." He glared at the girl.
    Arthur spoke ""I will run you through if you insult me again. Do not test me. Now you will allow this young lady to work off her debt.""
    "I promise, I'll work hard. You won't even know I'm here. I swear." She said. The shop keeper glared at her.

He turns back to her. His voice has a hint of compassion.
    "You don't need to hide or promise to work very hard. You have been treated unfairly. I apologize that such things still happen in my realm."
    He turns back to the shopkeeper.
    "Now. This young lady will work here and pay off her debt. 10 silver per week. Not all at once. Do we have a understanding?"
    "How do I even know you are really the king?" The shop keeper looked at him, not believing him.

"Merlin, if you would please?" Arthur said. Merlin was sitting the corner watching everything unfold, He raised
    his and changed Arthur's clothing, to reveal the King.

Screenshot-30.jpg
    "My insignia is proof. Not to mention this."
    "Excalibur!" He shouts at the sky, the legendary sword of Kings from the lake.
    He then points his sword at the shopkeeper.
    "Now. You have one chance to apologize and make amends, or I will take your life. I am not a merciless ruler, but I will have respect in my rule. If you have anything to say, say it now."

Evelyn dropped to her knee in respect. Realizing he was really King Arthur. The shopkeepers eyes went wide with fear "I'm sorry." He said
    He lowers his sword and sheathes it.
    "Apology accepted. Now, you will treat this young lady with respect from now on."
    Then addresses the girl directly.
    "You may begin working off your debt tomorrow. Be at this shop at sunrise."
    He motions to both of them.
    "Now shake hands and make up."
    He then turns to leave, stopping as he gets to the shop exit.
    "You will remember this day as the one you met your king."

Screenshot-31.jpg
    He smiles and exits the store.
    The girl does not realize it, but the King will be watching to see how the shopkeeper treats her from now on, and if the shopkeeper is unkind once, he will cut off the man's head.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,188 Member
    edited February 2023
    BAby Maxis grew up:
    eDuulZy.jpg

egNNt7d.jpg
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top