Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @Brandontaylor

I enjoyed the update!
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    Goth Family in Moonlight Falls, Days 16-19 (366-369)

GWjkzyM.jpg
    The whole family had no more than went to bed when Melonie decided to go into labor.

zk34msB.jpg
    A few hours later, she gave birth to a son she named Xander. He is the 9th generation of this family.

WtaODLd.jpg
    Brandon and Lily watched TV together. They seemed to enjoy it.

YHtZZ6z.jpg
    Christa still has a bit to go to max athletics. She has been using the home gym more than most of the family.

MgxKSQG.jpg
    Brandon and Lily decided to make a snowman together, although Brandon did most of the building.

oCEEDJL.jpg
    Melonie happened to be at the library and she showed a video to her father.

iEnKZk2.jpg
    Melonie also officially met Bianca Crumplebottom. I don't think she got married or anything, so I think she's still a Crumplebottom anyway.

uPKKzWn.jpg
    I had kept Oliver a bit too busy so he didn't really have a relationship with Xander yet so I had to have them spend time together.

zx22D30.jpg
    Lily had a wish to train Ivy so I invited her over and started to train her.

BQvoIuB.jpg
    Oliver and Melonie spent a little romantic time together.

j8oTmOk.jpg
    I had Melonie turn herself into a witch so that the whole family are now occults.

4y29Nyh.jpg
    Another party had to be started because it was now time for Xander to age up.

1lPINvH.jpg
    Xander is a fairy since he was born before Melonie became a witch. Otherwise, he could have been a witch or fairy.

Sv5fbKr.jpg
    The party guests did not really do any better at getting food this time either.

YwJ9lVJ.jpg
    MBfETmy.jpg
    Christa chatted with her sister Belinda, while Oliver also got to know her.

nUWgvZe.jpg
    Lastly, Oliver and Melonie woohooed before going to bed.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    @Silverofdreams30 I agree that Fillipe is already hot on his own, but you sure made him hotter. :love:

Anyhoo! I got more pictures from my medieval gameplay everyone. :mrgreen: I just can't contain my excitement in sharing.

First off, I wanted to provide a few links to the places that I've found much of my medieval cc from so that y'all can snag it as well. <3

This was the first site I found most of my medieval cc from three years ago, so some of the links may not work anymore. Just FYI. Great finds!
    https://vfmedievalccfinds.tumblr.com/

I LOVE danjaley's...well...everything! :star: Check out their cc and incredible poses here!
    https://danjaley.tumblr.com/downloads

This site is called "Historical Finds for TS3" and includes cc from all throughout history, medieval stuff included. :blush: It's pretty sweet. Enjoy!
    https://ts3history.tumblr.com/

And lastly, @Emily4331 directed me to this site just the other day to which I found TONS more medieval cc awesomeness that I didn't know I needed. :lol: I was also able to find other creators sites via this one so win win!
    https://xto3conversionsfinds.tumblr.com/tagged/mto3clothing

Well that's it for that, now time for pictures! :mrgreen:

I love how odd it looks when the mail man/lady - or the paperboy/girl - show up in their modern day garb in Praaven. They look so out of place it's like they're time travellers or something delivering important messages! :lol:
    (I paused the game just as she was about to pull the signature NPC rainbow umbrella out! :lol: )

mail-lady-1.jpg

Unfortunately I haven't found any mod that will automatically dress NPCs up in the cc that you have and frankly, I'm thinking that's not even possible to do. But this is why we have MC. :star: Yay!

So, I was thinking the mail lady was going on her way, but not so, she went into testing lady's fenced in area and threw her mail on the ground! :grimace:

"I hate my job! Having to get out and deliver in the rain, sleet, and snow! BAH!"

mail-lady-2.jpg

Sim Goddess and testing lady sim did not appreciate her rudeness though, so I sent testing lady sim to go ask the mail lady to leave...

mail-lady-3.jpg

Testing lady sim: "I would really appreciate it if you wouldn't throw my mail on the ground, especially when it's muddy. Please leave my property."
    Mail lady: (thinking) I should've gone to Medical school...
    :lol:

Check out this mod that replaces the modern day trash with more medieval looking trash! :lol: 👍🏻

medieval-trash-2.jpg

medieval-trash-1.jpg

Even the trash bags are a burlap sack! :mrgreen:
    (Forgive her interesting attire, it's another outfit from ArtSims that I was testing out. :p )

medieval-trash-3.jpg

It was Chase's turn to try out some new cc. :blush:

Like this fur sleeping bag:

1-25-23-2.jpg
    (There's a little clipping, but it doesn't bother me too much.)

The buckles are different too...

1-25-23-3.jpg

But ohhhh my gosh Chase! :love: How sexy you are when you are sleeping... I had to zoom in. <3<3<3

1-25-23-1.jpg

Sorry about that...ahem! :p

It seems he had a pretty restful sleep. :blush:

1-25-23-4.jpg

Some of you might notice I removed his socks. :lol:;):p

Anyway, I already had some default replacement plates in the game, but then I found a DR medieval forks and spoon mod too. :mrgreen: Looks cool!

1-25-23-5.jpg

Found this hat (from danjaley) and had to try it on Chase. So cute! :blush:

1-25-23-6.jpg

1-25-23-7.jpg

I did a quick gender swap of Chase in CAS so I could check out this hairstyle I've been looking for for a while! I did a little happy clap when I did! :grin:

1-25-23-8.jpg

I think I forgot to show y'all this super righteous pirate hat I found! :grin: So here it is!

1-25-23-9.jpg

I went on the hunt for a little bit to find small - and fitting to the world - starter homes to place in Praaven. I found this Tiny Cottage (cc free) I had to admire the view of the castle keep and every building within, nestled under the blue, cloud kissed sky.

Tiny-cottage-1.jpg

But yeah it's so super cute and very much made using CFE! :lol:

Tiny-cottage-2.jpg
    (Clever they used a fog emitter to look like smoke coming out of the chimney! :grin: )

I mean check out the upstairs! :smiley: I'm wondering if it's been sim tested because I'm curious about the routing, but I'll get to that later.

Tiny-cottage-3.jpg

That's it from me for now. Happy Simming everyone!
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    sireneilessireneiles Posts: 67 Member
    current couple ! i like them together

4SliHgd.jpg

hmVeLHL.jpg

ntuMoNM.jpg

w4vZIkB.jpg

iFDkviA.jpg

zFCGWv4.jpg

YwNgnXX.jpg

Ltqq8Wr.jpg
  • Options
    @emorrill

That last cc link fit my taste well, like I need more cc but
    oh, who am I kidding, of course, I do *lol*.
  • Options
    @emorrill

Chase looks handsome sleeping, so zoom in all you want
    to. Great screenshots.
  • Options
    @sireneiles

Great couple, they seem to fit each other well.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    @Silverofdreams30

That last cc link fit my taste well, like I need more cc but
    oh, who am I kidding, of course, I do *lol*.
    ^Lol! :lol: Yasssss! ;):p

Chase looks handsome sleeping, so zoom in all you want
    to. Great screenshots.
    ^Hee hee, thank you. <3

I've got some more Chase/testing medieval cc shenanigans for y'all. :mrgreen: Gosh I was having so much fun playing this morning! It's been a very nice change from just doing staging in the game while telling a story. :star:

This post will be in two parts. (I hope I'm not posting too much back to back and bothering anyone. :grimace::kissing_heart: )

Part 1

Today in Praaven I sent Chase out to the nearest pond to fish. :) I wanted to see what the default replacement fishing pole looked like that is supposed to look more...medieval style. :lol: It's got a different bobber on it too.

52650882494_ac649e8183_c.jpg

I dunno if y'all can see the bobber, but it looks like a small cup for whatever reason. :lol:

52651092708_23812dddb0_c.jpg

Sometimes the line would disappear, but I haven't sent a sim to fish in years so I don't even know if that's a normal occurrance in the game or just an issue with the default replacement (DR, for short). Either way, it doesn't bother me, the pole functions, and it's not borking out my game so it's good. 👍🏻

52650881974_89cb3ca051_c.jpg

Afterward I had him throw some stones. I like watching sims do that (especially ones that are so handsome. :love: )

52650117542_a2acd59880_c.jpg

52650117302_1d5ef943a8_c.jpg

It was time to send him back home to test out some other stuff. Poor guy has to run everywhere since there's no cars and he doesn't have a horse. :lol:

52650610526_2832b6c4ce_c.jpg

52650116917_5b7380b6fc_c.jpg
    ^Well hello there cute little pigeon. :grin:

They're so adorable. <3 A few of them hang out by his house and just waddle around all day pecking at the ground.

52651088878_de15aea49f_c.jpg

So I found this fruit tree DR that makes them look more realistic (ie: not as neatly pruned. :lol: ) and because I like realism in my game, I decided to try it out. They look good!

52650609971_cc2cb2433b_c.jpg

I had Chase harvest some apples from one and nothing weird happened so yay!

52651091103_7685973e0b_c.jpg
    ^He's got 4 fresh and delicious apples in his pocket now. :blush: (Keep that in mind for later. ;) )

Next I took a look at this custom pet bed, there's a small and large version. This one is the small.

52651053775_13b99f6671_c.jpg

And I wanted to check out some new, righteous metal patterns from the incredible Simlicious so I plopped one of the medieval sinks down and started customizing. :mrgreen:

52651053425_5bc9690f15_c.jpg
    LOVE!

More pictures of patterns in the spoiler:
    52651090173_9d27f44d0f_c.jpg

52650608501_16b8d458dd_c.jpg

52651089578_5b6f4aa3e7_c.jpg

This Skyrim martial arts dummy is fantastic! :lol: Chase needed to get in some practice. <3

52650607921_12601c0674_c.jpg

*PUNCH*
    I could practically hear his grunt in doing so. :p

52650607686_f2b85e5257_c.jpg

There's a market right next to his house so I sent him over there to do a little something to test out another DR, but before that I had him meet the lady at the Register. (Or should I say: Medieval cash box. :lol: )

52650877929_71f1b56796_c.jpg

If this were my main save I would have sent the lady into CAS and dressed her up properly for the world, but at least the game got the clothing colors right. :lol: 👍🏻 Her name, if I recall correctly, is Lutecia Valentine. (Another thing to remember for later. ;) In Part 2.)

After purchasing a couple of goods, Chase stepped out into the sunlight and pulled out his Lute to play for the passerbys.

Oh Chase...serenade me! <3<3

52651088253_f54ceacb06_c.jpg
    Woooo! :love:

He wasn't just playing for fun, he was playing for TIPS! :smiley: Check out that simple mug on the ground for all the money to go into. :blush: (That's the DR I mentioned. Isn't it awesome!? :grin: I love it!)

52650877074_44309ab4cb_c.jpg

Poor Lutecia, so starving; and she's such a good employee that she won't dare slip an item of produce in her pocket to munch on in the shadows... :lol:

52651087963_ec52ceca03_c.jpg

I was hoping she would give Chase a tip! Or at least WATCH him play! :unamused:

She finally did. And then look who popped up out of nowhere...

52651050180_3bdf24ffd7_c.jpg

...Gereint and Bucephalus! :smiley:

While Gereint got off (and kindly unsaddled) Bucephalus to watch Chase play, Lutecia finally tipped him. 👍🏻

52651086813_5ffb4da7e7_c.jpg
    (That got me wondering if there's a DR out there to make the simoleons look more like medieval bills and coins! :mrgreen: I could always look and see... :smirk: )

This pretty chameleon was hanging out not far from where Chase was playing.

52650876009_fd475a8538_c.jpg
    🎵Karma, karma, karma, karma, karma chameleon!🎵😁

Bucephalus: This music is boring, I'm gonna eat! :p

52651086423_64c25794c3_c.jpg
    (I need to get some shoes on Gereint! :grimace: )

As the sun began to set, Gereint eventually tipped the fine Lute player. (I caught Bucephalus swishing his tail! :mrgreen: However now there's a full on horse butt on display! :joy: Sorry...)

52650111587_5b26ffbd75_c.jpg

When Chase was done playing, he offered Bucephalus a juicy apple. <3 The horse be like, "Yes PLEASE!" :grin:

52650875409_6320a66f8d_c.jpg

And the way Chase so tenderly stroked Bucephalus's cheek and muzzle while feeding him, made my heart melt! <3 I swear I am falling so hard for him...

52651048815_627343eddf_c.jpg

And that smile! :love:

52651048525_a0646d5bb7_c.jpg

And here's more of that smile (as I was trying some more new clothes on him). <3

52651048330_e8f9b6d862_c.jpg

After that I had him go and upgrade the sink to check out some DRs for upgrading tools (to make them look more fitting for the time period. ;) )

52650110457_12cfb151e7_c.jpg

Looks like the wrench is now some Forging tongs.

52651084713_e007933bdc_c.jpg

Which, coincidentally, is quite fitting since Chase is a Blacksmith. :lol:

The hammer rocks! :lol:

52650110102_3a89fc1f8e_c.jpg
    He seemed to really enjoy weilding that. :smile:

This is a DR for the multitab! :grin: So cool!

52651084433_f3605bc691_c.jpg

But unfortunately it didn't work in my game. :( I think it had to do with the "no cell phones" mod I have in, but I'm not 100% sure. I took it out of my game, but still have it saved in my precious Sims 3 cc folder.

I needed to test out some pet cc, so I got Chase a cat. Look at how adorable she looks sleeping on the floor here. <3 (Time for that pet bed! :lol: )

52651047020_dc4a8db283_c.jpg

I found a straw litterbox :lol: which came in two versions. The creator didn't specify which was which - annoying - so I had to discover myself that one version is 1 tile and the other version is 2 tiles. Unfortunately, I had picked out the 2 tile one first to test. (1 tile items are always for the win! :star: )

I don't know why I took a picture of the poor kitty taking a dump :joy: . Maybe because I thought the way she was crouching was cute, (I haven't played with Pets in forever, OK!!!) but her face told me she was feeling mortified! :( No joke. Poor baby... I honestly felt bad after taking it. Which is why I won't post it...

But here's a better picture of the straw litterbox in question:

52651046670_f52c58c65c_c.jpg

Anyhoo, I realized that I already had a custom pet bed (just plain straw) so I guess I have pet beds for indoors and outdoors now. :)

Awwwww
    52650872914_bf91bd8ec3_c.jpg

Oh and did I mention I got Chase a daughter to check out some more cc for kids? Yep, I did. :)

A family that sleeps together, stays together. :p

52650602041_b90c2dcf8c_c.jpg

Oh my Gosh kitty!! You're killing me here with your adorableness! :lol:<3

52650601881_8c019061d2_c.jpg

Alright so here's the grand finale piece of cc (for Part 1) that I wanted to share with y'all.

This little hay wagon stroller! :smiley:

52651082908_d8597d6e7b_c.jpg

I aged Chase's daughter down to toddler so that he could take her for a stroll. I mean, since there are no roads in Praaven strollers are much preferred when traveling with your toddler. :star:

You can see there's a little clipping, (with her feet and the cart) but that really doesn't bother me. The wheels actually turn too! :grin: And apparently some of the routing on the walking paths was a little rough so Chase would often stop and put the stroller back in his inventory, but mostly it was a very handy item and so fitting for the time setting! :blush: I love it!

52650872064_637397124f_c.jpg

There's a version of the stroller where there's bigger wheels that don't actually turn and I will probably give that one a try as well and see which of the two I like better. :)

I just can't get over how talented the Sims 3 cc community is! :star: I am so so thankful and appreciative to every creator's incredible skills and the time they put in to making these things. Cause I could never figure it out... :flushed:

<3

That's it for now. Part 2 will come later and it's much more exciting in my opinion. :mrgreen:

Happy Simming everyone!
    Post edited by emorrill on
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Oh my gosh I just realized! (Looking at the cart stroller more closely) There's nothing holding that baby into the cart so...when one lifts the cart - in real life - the baby would fall/tumble right out of it. :scream: Oh boy... :grimace:

They really should've added a bar there to hold the baby in (and for their hands to rest on). Would look much more realistic and SAFER!!

But heck I might keep it in my game anyway and just pretend the baby is secure. :lol:
  • Options
    @emorrill

Great shots, If you google medieval items and for example Reddit or modthesims,
    there are topics with links.
  • Options
    I haven't been playing my Goth family save since last week. A few days ago, I played a throwaway save where I played as Iqbal Alvi and his two kids, VJ and Miraj. Miraj was basically ignored as I let him do what he wanted to. VJ was the typical rebel child and kept doing things to get grounded. He even beat his dad up at one point, then ran away to the park to meet with Lisa Bunch. He and Lisa became a couple, while Iqbal started a dating profile to find a wife. My goal was to set him up with Ayesha Ansari, although that didn't go as planned to start with. I never opened up the save again and I ended up deleting it, but it was mostly just to test out a family I've never played before. Last night, I played a new save with Emily Jones in Sunset Valley just for fun but I doubt I'll do too much with it.

@emorrill Awesome medieval pictures! A lot of neat things.
    Nice makeover on Chase!
    You're welcome.
    Yeah, it does look a little odd at first then as you realize what it is, then it starts looking cooler.

@king_of_simcity7 Good luck on the build.
    Nice job on Wednesday!
    I have not seen the show since I do not have Netflix, although I have seen different clips going around on Facebook and other places. I think my favorite clip I've seen is her dance scene. A little fun fact is that the writers/creators of the show are Al Gough and Miles Millar. Those two are also the creators of one of my favorite shows, Smallville, about Clark Kent developing his powers and the deterioration of his friendship with Lex Luthor.

@lanlyn Hello!

@Silverofdreams30 You're welcome.
    Great pictures!

@Simexpert123 Thanks!

@Sprottenham Lol, I think you can cheat a lot of the invented items from buydebug. I sometimes get the WA stuff if I want it without sending Sims there.
    The Plantsim mod not only includes the summoning/banishing abilities, but several others. For example, Lily can also use that ability for herself to get around town. She can also grow plants very fast by using the grow interaction which makes the plant go into its next stage of life (seed, to coming out of the ground, full grown, full of fruit, and death or something close to that order) although it does use her hydration meter and if used too much can cause her to wilt and die. That's just a few of the things she can do.
    You're welcome.

***Reminder to myself to continue comments at page 4431.
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    After seeing @emorrill Praaven photos, it makes me want to go back to it.
    And I just realized I lost my portable harddrive that has all my medieval CC backed up. :(
    All my clothes and everything gone.
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,020 Member
    ...@lanlyn Hello!...
    @Brandontaylor
    emoji-smile.gif
  • Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    @emorrill Thanks for the link, that might come in handy! Now I'll just need to prepare and play through the historical part and then find the opportune moment where it can be told! :P (Bookmarks page)

You got some cool medieval/old fashioned items and clothing there, yes, even the trash bag!

Hmm, I suppose the stroller for the toddler could be fixed by taking one of the horizontal bars of the back and "copying it" to place it in front where the toddler would have his hands, but.. I'm not that skilled with objects, and since I assume it has rotating wheels it might be in a class of its own, and I would probably break something if I tried 'fixing' it. :P It's still a cool item, though!

th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Chapter 19.3 – Sunset Valley March 2023: part V – Robert Bråges birthday

This year is gonna be heavy on the birthday celebrations, and now it's time for Ranveigs youngest son to celebrate his..

Sim profile:
    Full name: Robert Bråge Motorsen
    Date of birth: March 17th, 2010.
    Personality traits: Loves the outdoors, genius, absent minded.
    Family tree:

ta282cS.png

Family relations among my sims are sometimes a little complicated, as Robert Bråge only has half-brothers, and his brothers again have each their half sister (not included in this tree, because they are not related to Robert Bråge directly...).
    – Morning Moments -

VRjdUQ8.jpg

As this day began, the birthday child was sleeping in his bed at his and Ranveig (and Oliver Freddys home) at Mosquite Cove, dreaming of one his favorite thing in the world..the outdoors..

BkUl9Kw.jpg

Ranveig, the hopeless romantic with two failed relationships behind her, did what she usually does on her days off.. wake up and turn on the romance channel... And just like with her sister Monica, this is actually the first time I see Ranveig in her sleepwear.. Before she used to always sleep in her swimsuit. In fact, her swimsuit was her favourite outfit for most occasions, except for when she was actually swimming, go figure...

aF1YZOO.jpg

..but she is also quite the wonder woman, doing really well in her journalism career, battling her inner demons while fulfilling her goal in life to become a Legend in the world of chess, and being a good mom raising two children all on her own..

2x01HkI.jpg

Ranveig is no doubt really proud of her achievements as a top ranked chess player, but her biggest pride and joy in life is her sons. She would do anything for them, and with her oldest son at university studying science, she has academic hopes for her youngest one as well..

fqMNrtM.jpg

..and though he has of late taken up an interest in writing science fiction, so far the outdoors is where he says he belongs.. He's not the biggest fan of school, and would rather go swim in the ocean than do his homework. However, mom insists, no swimming before all the homework is done! Luckily for him, the genius trait have been passed down through the generations from his grandma and his mom, so his homework is usually done almost in no time, and he almost always gets an A in school..

67F9N7f.jpg

So mom lets him off the hook, and won't push him to hard. She doesn't want him to grow tired of school, but she's not giving up her hopes of him going to university one day too... Besides, his interest in outdoor living is a golden ticket to somewhere down the road perhaps make him interested in learning about the natural sciences, so instead she promises once again that they'll go fishing later in the pond by the science center..

pGaUzD8.jpg

..but when he asks about her regular visits to the doctors office with aunt Monica and cousin Lise Veronica, she becomes silent. He knows what it is though, he has read the description on her pill box in the medicine cabinet... but he still has lots of questions. Since both his mom, his brother, his grandmother, his cousin, and even both of his uncles seem to have it.. he wonders, is he going to get it too? Ranveig doesn't know the answer to that question, but she sure hopes he doesn't.. The truth is that he can get it, and as such the periods around age transitions are always a little nerve wrecking.. Is he going to inherit it? Or is he not?

hTrT02z.jpg

Ranveig didn't want to think to much about that now, and decided to distract herself by heading outside to do a solid workout instead..

7q5bj8k.jpg

Robert Bråge finished a plate of moms french toast for his late breakfast, before he went outside to practice some different openings on the chess table. Ranveig never encouraged him directly to follow in her footsteps to become a chess player, but since he both has the genius trait and his seen her play and all the prices she has won, it has still inspired him to see if he can make it too. And what can be better for the outdoors loving wonderchild than to practice chess out in the open air? ;)

nGeVoYh.jpg

Robert Bråge is similar to both his parents in many ways, and as such isn't one to rest on his laurels. The young mind is already full of ideas, and though he is currently only 12 years old, he has already started writing his first science fiction novel. He writes a few more pages which he sends in to the publisher, which rewards him the standard sum of 15 simoleons for the job.

aldsDKS.jpg

Ranveig was upstairs watching kids cartoons on tv, when it was time to invite people for his birthday party.

Guest list
    George Alnuman (age: 10 yrs.) - friend
    Margrethe Holm-Fredriksen (age: 14 yrs.) - friend
    Morten Kråke-Karlsen (age: 12 yrs.) - friend
    Bjørn-Yngve Kråke-Motorsen (12 yrs.) - cousin
    Kleopatra Motor-Karlsen (14 yrs.) - cousin
    Eirin Motorsen (68 yrs.) - grandmother
    Ingmar Motorsen (70 yrs.) - grandfather
    Kristina Reppe (14 yrs.) - friend
    Bjørn Sveum (child, exact age unknown) – friend
    Leni Wennewold (child, exact age unknown) – friend

Guests were invited/sorted by social relation (minus the grandparents, they had to be invited either way).

5nkiwL3.jpg

Then it was time to prepare for the party. Ranveig hung up some lights outside, hoping that the weather would hold up. With this many people, she thought it would be to cramped to celebrate inside.. and of course, she went out and bought a birthday cake, a buffet table and ordered pizza.. and went outside to pick up this flamingo, even though it was already standing upright. Just in case. ;)
    Then she went upstairs and cleaned the toilet, before going downstairs again to turn on some music, just in time for the first guest to arrive..
    - Arrival of the guests -
    G4bsEhy.jpg

..and the first guest is.. a complete stranger. I have never seen this woman before, but her name is Anna Furulund.. She probably knows of the family and somehow heard of the party, but she isn't on top of their friends list. Maybe she is a new inhabitant of the town, just looking to make some new friends.. well, I suppose, and why not? :P

1orFKJ7.jpg

Bjørn Sveum, one of Roberts friends from school is next. Another person whom I don't really know all that well, but atleast I have seen him before, so he's not a total stranger. He was also invited to Lise Veronicas party.

Xqq2xQh.jpg

Then comes the grandparents, Ingmar and Eirin. Roberts other set of grandparents (Jørund and Leonora on his fathers side) werent invited, because they live in a different town further to the north, an old mining town called Dole Plains, right by the Appaloosian Mountains. ;)

MCzz3ec.jpg

The next guest is Margrethe Holm-Fredriksen, a friend of the family and the daughter of Ranveigs ex, Fredrik Holm-Fredriksen. She comes along with a random stray dog and the pizza delivery.

yF2Lzxx.jpg

Margrethe is quickly followed by Kleopatra Motor-Karlsen (Roberts cousin) and Kristina Reppe (a friend of the family).

z97CuWg.jpg

Then comes Bjørn-Yngve and Lise Veronica (both cousins). Lise Veronica is a little bummed she didn't get an invitation... "..I thought we were family? How come Kristina was invited, and not me?"

cgLrOMO.jpg

Iselin Reppe, Kristinas mother (in the pink/purple hoodie) also shows up uninvited, and it looks like she has neglected her own personal hygiene.. Grandma Eirin smells this, and finds it so appalling, she almost leaves the party, but luckily she changes her mind shortly before going off the edge of the lot..

rjpqYSe.jpg

"She should've showered before she got here, but I can't leave my grandchilds birthday party just because of one smelly guest..."

z48Es0y.jpg

Ranveig picks up and serves the pizza, while people gather in groups, some inside and some outside the house.

RwBrbDe.jpg

Then finally Morten has arrived as the second last of the invited guests to show up. Leni Wennewold showed up some time later, but by then there were already many things going on at once, so I missed it. ;)

fkCXYcE.jpg

----
    2GHgcrQ.jpg

Another uninvited guest is this guy, Hogne Nielsen, inappropriately flirting with the new unknown woman, Anna Furulund. I don't like it, and it makes me think Ingrid should find a better boyfriend.. after all, Ingrid is one of the sims I care about, not these random people. ;) ..but I'll keep my hands off, and let her/them figure this out on their own... (..but I hope she finds out and confronts him about it..)
    - The main event -
    QoD58b8.jpg

Well, anyway, not the clock is there, and it's time for the major event. ;) Margrethe is first on the spot, cheering enthusiastically. It does t takes a while for everyone else inside the house to realize what's going on and join in, though.

LdBjK6f.jpg

Lise Veronica, Kleopatra and the stray dog joins in. Robert Bråge doesn't really want to wait, so he makes a wish before deciding to blow out the candles.. No time to wait for mom..

yp818Sd.jpg

..but then Ranveig finally shows up, after she managed to escape a conversation with the smelly Iselin Reppe.

n8tqTdD.jpg

Ranveig is happy that her son has already become a genius, now she just hopes he doesn't get the unfortunate trait of the family. There is still a chance that he can inherit it, either directly from Ranveig or that it will be passed on from his grandmother (but still through Ranveig).

Sim genealogy
    Whenever one of my sims age up, they can inherit any of the traits that their parents have, but also any of the traits that their grandparents have. This is because the traits of a parent will always be passed on to the child, but from the adult stage, they can only have a total of five active traits, usually. All other traits will be considered dormant or passive, but can still be passed on to the next generation. This means that sometimes a trait may appear to skip a generation. For instance, Ranveigs mother Eirin has the lucky trait as an active trait, but Ranveig does not, however, she may still pass this on to any of her children.
    The likelihood of inheriting a trait increases of both a grandparent and a parent has the same trait, and likewise, it would increase again if both parents have the trait, and so on...
    In Robert Bråges case, there is a total of 17 unique traits he can inherit from his parents and grandparents on both sides. The total trait slots from all of his parents/grandparents are 30, but since many traits are shared, there are only 17 unique ones. Excluding the three traits he already has, that narrows it down to 14 inheritable traits, on 21 different trait slots.
    However, traits inherited directly from parents has twice the probability of being inherited, compared to traits from his grandparents, so in practice it will be in this case 14 traits on 29 slots (parents slots are counted twice). I hope you're still with me.... ;)
    'The unfortunate trait' is found in his grandmother and mother, though now passive in his mother since she went to the doctor, which means the likelihood fo getting that trait would be 3 out of 29, or just a little over 10 percent. So there is a chance, but not to high...

96Y9TEW.jpg

"Oooh... here we go..."

dJNBh2b.jpg

"Heeey, this is almost like snowboarding..."

xr4xnMv.jpg

"Well... this is me now, I hope you like it...."

Robert Bråge didn't get the lucky trait, but he was still lucky, as he inherited the charismatic trait found in both his mom, Ranveig, his grandmother Eirin, and his grandfather Jørund, so he had a higher chance of getting that one (4 out of 29 or roughly 14 %).

AFkyvyo.jpg

Hooray! Time for cake! ;) Grandfather in the background decides to play some bass, however, I think he's doing it more because he knows the effect those low notes has on his wife, and not because he wants to celebrate his grandchild...

AgMrfax.jpg

Ranveig can breathe a little easier now, as her youngest son, atleast so far, hasn't inherited 'the unfortunate trait', as she chooses to stand by herself eating her cake.. "Hmm, there was one thing I forgot.. to have enough sitting space for everyone, but it's ok.. I can stand over here, and I'll try to remember it next time.."

7cnoZG0.jpg

Robert Bråge practices his new found charisma by telling a funny story to grandpa. ;)

Vh3smud.jpg

Ranveig complains to her mom about having to do the dishes, with so many guests over at the house eating..

UKZ5Kjq.jpg

..but Eirin doesn't offer her daughter to much sympathy, and commands her to start cleaning up right away. A mother will always be a mother. It doesn't matter that Ranveig is 45 years old and has achieved most of her life goals already, which includes having two children of her own... Mom still isn't finished raising her child! ;) Only difference now is she can't impose a curfew on her and tell her to go to bed! :P This is probably where Ranveigs sister Monica got her parenting skills from...

msJaqFF.jpg

..but just like Ranveig is proud of her sons, Eirin is also very proud of her oldest daughter Ranveig, and her achievements. She knows her daughter has had a pretty hard life, and that only makes her more proud.

1kSWwM8.jpg

Downstairs Lise Veronica is showing off her smooth chicken dance moves by dancing with Hogne Nielsen, before she goes outside to discuss her favorite food with her aunt Ranveig. :P

9OcPZIV.jpg

"My favorite is grilled salmon. What's yours?"

"Surprise stew has always been my favorite, ever since I was a child."

The mood is pleasant, until Lise Veronica shows her mean side..

ZV9mOQ9.jpg

"Surprise stew? Ha! What a stupid low grade dish! Is that all you can make? You're stupid!"

Ranveig: Whoa...

YIHHeeS.jpg

Ranveig: You need to learn to watch your mouth, there! You can't just call people stupid like that out of the blue! Keep this up, and I'll have a word with your mom....

Yeah, Lise Veronica sometimes is a handful to deal with.. she'll probably grow out of this with time, lets hope... She seems quite unlike her girlfriend Kristina, which is much nicer, because instead of being offensive, she just helped out doing dishes inside, and even took out the trash.. now that's a good guest! ;)

A0F5vuX.jpg

Why can't everyone be sweet like you? :P
    - Ending -

gEuPgUW.jpg

It's still early in the evening, but the party is coming to an end soon. The uninvited lady (and the stray dog) has already left, and now grandfather Ingmar is also leaving, along with Kristinas mother Iselin, and Bjørn Sveum, one of Roberts friends from school. The verdict from everyone is really positive, though, and this party has been most enjoyable. ;)

gOFa5K4.jpg

Ranveig has squared it up with Lise Veronica outside. Threatening to tell Monica made her calm down.. She didn't want mom to come pick her up again. ;) Ingrids boyfriend Hogne Nielsen also left the party, which leaves only Robert Bråge inside with his cousin and his grandma watching him play video games. :P

f1u4Hm2.jpg

Not trying to paint a bad picture of Lise Veronica, she is a nice girl too a lot of the time, but she definately is quite sassy on occasion as well. Her cousin Kleopatra in the back there probably isn't a saint all the time either, for her own reasons... but atleast everyone has really enjoyed the party so far. ;)

tLFP5Rd.jpg

Robert Bråge eventually got tired of aging up, and went to bed almost remarkably early. Well, I guess celebrating ones birthday can be a little exhausting. Then I thought it was only Ranveig, her mother, Leni, Morten and Bjørn-Yngve (he's outside on the porch playing with a toy) left, until Margrethe suddenly comes walking down the stairs.

wBDbGZD.jpg

She is usually not among the most reclusive, yet she had snuck away to watch tv upstairs after the candles got blown out. So I forgot about her for a while, but hey, looks like she had fun too.

leY7qdT.jpg

The kids eventually leave, and now it's only Ranveig and her mother Eirin still left inside. Ranveig then asks her mom for a hand with the dishes and cleaning up, but then she remembers that her husband is at home, probably waiting for her, so..

tjsIQwZ.jpg

"... I had a really good time, but sorry, I gotta go..."

95JllMp.jpg

Ranveig enjoys some quiet time by herself eating her favorite meal, before she prepares herself to clean up everything and unleash a metaphorical meteor strike to send home Bjørn Yngve, that appears to have gotten stuck in the jurassic period still playing with the dinosaur toy on the porch...

A8XyDDZ.jpg

When she walks around cleaning the house, it has finally quieted down enough so that she can hear water running from somewhere, and that's usually not a good sign.. She locates the source in the bathroom upstairs. Of course, someone clumsy had just managed to break the bathroom sink..

xM79OEc.jpg

..but luckily Ranveig is pretty handy, just like her sister Monica, so she fixes the sink all on her own without calling for someone to repair it, and decides to upgrade to be come unbreakable while she's at it..

X2mAw8S.jpg

Phew! It's been a long day for Ranveig, but finally at two in the night she gets her well deserved rest too.. good night. ;)

gGs1i4z.jpg

Now prepare yourself for another birthday, because only five days later (on the sims timeline) the toy dinosaur paleontologist child Bjørn Yngve will have his 13th birthday and Sunset Valley will get yet another teenager...
    Post edited by Sprottenham on
    th1das9.png
  • Options
    @emorrill

Loved this update, the kitty is so cute and seems to enjoy
    sleeping. The daughter seemed to have fun too!
  • Options
    Thank you @Silverofdreams30 and @Sprottenham :grin: (Yeah my photo editing skills are not that good. :lol: I wish!)

Praaven gameplay update Part 2 :mrgreen:

I forgot to add the "Children Can" mods into my medieval save - and believe me these kids need to know how to help because they don't go to school! :open_mouth: - so they are must have mods for this type of themed play. 👍🏻 Now Chase's daughter can help him with all the gardening cause...hoo boy look at how many crops they have!

52655181498_8a1058c996_c.jpg

I didn't feel like dressing her up for the world because I was only using her for testing cc... (But that might change. ;) )

52655181808_26a03abb65_c.jpg
    And because of that I don't remember her name. :grimace:

I found a DR mod that replaces the shiny metal pan sims use to get ingredients out of their fridge, to one that's more darkened. Fit for the medieval times. :p

52654209307_e3e943df5d_c.jpg
    ^Just by this picture can you tell what he's about to bake? :smirk:

That's right! PIZZA! ;):p (Did you guess right?) On his new medieval style wood fire oven! :star:

52654977074_cafe3cc8fe_c.jpg

Kneading the dough...
    (We're gonna ignore his head in the bricks there. :lol: )

52654699821_f7835bb021_c.jpg

I couldn't believe how well he spun that dough around. I liked watching it. :love::p

52655139625_2157496871_c.jpg

Ta da! Super cheesy pizza. :yum:

52655139915_a86b6a9fed_c.jpg

Chase was quite hungry so he promptly sat down and went to town on a slice. :lol: His daughter loved it too.

52654700561_4bb569ccfb_c.jpg

Not that they really baked pizza like that in medieval times, but you never know. 🤷‍♀️ :p

I see you on that counter kitty cat... :unamused:

52654210797_2fb80a0aa8_c.jpg
    ^I swiftly sent her to eat her dinner.

Check out this adorable rabbit hanging out between the veggies in the garden. <3

52654701086_4fab11d973_c.jpg

But it's not just any rabbit - actually it's not a rabbit at all. :grey_question: It's a SPRINKLER! :lol:

52654979029_6160d77f90_c.jpg
    ^Dontcha love it? :mrgreen: So cute and clever.

So remember the market lady, Lutecia Valentine? Well, I had Chase send her a love letter so I could see this quill DR:

52654979194_15d6cce2d3_c.jpg

<3

52654701801_b049ef966c_c.jpg

This barrel trash can is sweet!

52654979844_20b7706149_c.jpg

What the? Where's this out of place burglar off to? :lol:

52655184898_0d05eb5af2_c.jpg

Anyhoo, no sooner had Chase sent off his love letter that my lady testing sim came walking down the dirt road by his house...

I had to send Chase outside to meet her. (His poor daughter was still watering the garden I think. :lol: )

When they shook hands, lady sim seemed a little apprehensive, even with Chase's beautiful smile right there in front of her...

52654980084_de7a063054_c.jpg

I was like, "Are they gonna get hearts? They're totally gonna get hearts." :smirk:

And sure enough. :grin:

52654702726_5af3d6920b_c.jpg

They talked for a good long while, even flirted a little in between. ;)

The looks Chase would give her. :love: Almost like he's become smitten.

52654980969_3d725c7297_c.jpg

I had him give her a gift to see if the DR medieval style gift box would show up. Yes! It did!

52654213547_59e35b49ae_c.jpg

Sadly though, she rejected his gift, saying she didn't know him enough to accept it. :( That made me sad for Chase. And it was then I had them say goodbye.

Well, instead of heading for home, lady testing sim decided to use Chase's wood fire oven to start baking up her own dinner! :open_mouth:

Goddess of the Sim world: "Oh no she didn't!" ☝🏻

However...Goddess decided to encourage something because of this event. :smirk:

Chase walked right over to lady testing sim and planted a big one on her! :lol: He be like: Lady, you don't get to use my wood fire oven without asking so because of that... :smirk::p

52654703856_aeb62673e8_c.jpg

And y'all, I know we've seen this interaction a million times, but I gotta tell ya...he gave her one amazing kiss! No joke! It seriously looked different than every other time before! Hotter... <3<3

52654214142_9091e61b95_c.jpg
    ^GOSH I LOVE this picture!!! <3

The look on her face, contemplating Chase's sheer and utter audacity at kissing her like that, but at the same time...unable to control the rapid pace of her heart and the feelings flowing from it.

52654704376_f3c130794e_c.jpg

I honestly expected her to smack him. (If sims did that in this case...) I mean, yell at him. :p

But no! :smiley: <---That was my facial reaction.

52655187398_f14ac609f2_c.jpg

She wanted some more of that. :smirk:

52654704941_3213322d52_c.jpg

A suggestion might've been given...

52655188033_5e9ecff2d9_c.jpg

52655145045_253a2cf233_c.jpg

And apparently they were both ok with it. And the Goddess, me, be on the other side of the screen like: :smirk:

52655188528_98d83e4360_c.jpg

Let's just say one thing let to another...

52655188738_1eb98b3f58_c.jpg

52654706346_3d4430821f_c.jpg

And she did the stride of pride all the way home. :mrgreen: It was funny to watch! :lol:

52654984554_e4382a91c1_c.jpg

The next morning Chase went right back to gardening. *Blissful sigh* I swear I could watch him all day... :love:

52654698281_4014cb9b0e_c.jpg

That's it from me for now. :) Hope y'all enjoyed and have a great day! :blush:
  • Options
    @emorrill Oh no, I didn't mean editing the picture, I meant actually editing the object mesh by copying one of the horizontal bars from the back of the stroller to the front to where the toddler will have it's hands. :P So that it will look right also in game and not just for the screenshots. :P

I could have looked at it, but the complicated thing would be to know excactly where the toddler keeps its hands to make it look right, and also if, since it's a stroller (and I assume it has rotating wheels?) if editing the mesh will somehow break the rotating wheels (?) (if the object is in some new class of object unfamiliar to me?).

I don't know, I wanted to throw the idea out there, but I think it might be better left to someone more experienced with mesh editing, and also, there's the thought that maybe the original content creator wouldn't be to happy if people started messing with his or her creation....
    th1das9.png
  • Options
    @emorrill

Aww poor daughter, hope she got to have fun playing after
    watering haha, good she could help him they do have plats!

The lady seemed into him in the end so Im glad he enjoyed
    their time hehe, they seem to get hearts a lot I noticed in my game.
    Great update!
  • Options
    @Sprottenham I see...
    Well, I could send you the file to check it out if you want. And send you a close up picture of the toddler in it to see exactly where their hands are placed :) The creator actually has a version of it where the wheels don't turn so maybe you could look at that one and see what you might be able to tweak with it.
    I think if the creator is credited for the original mesh, then they don't mind people tweaking it. PM me and let me know if you'd like to attempt it. I know I'd be grateful to you for it. :blush:

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks for the comments. <3 I felt bad that while Chase was having "fun" his poor daughter was working in the garden. :lol:
    And yeah I'm noticing hearts happen more frequently than I would prefer too...
  • Options
    Will have a few updates to post tomorrow. Just got off work tonight but decided I wanted to play more tonight so I’ll have some previous screenshots as well as the ones I take tonight.
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    I found my hard drive and managed to salvage my medieval stuff. Now I'm trying to populate praaven and its taken forever XD
  • Options
    Page 4431

@Silverofdreams30 Thank you!

@emorrill Funny thing is, I don't think they had mailpersons back then but it just makes it that much more fun in game.
    I wonder why they tend to do that? Sometimes lately, I've been seeing it happen in my games.
    Wow, didn't know that mod existed! Little things like that can really help the medieval game play.
    Nice fishing rod, looks like it belongs.
    The martial arts dummy looks cool.
    Does the lute just sound like the guitar in game?
    Yeah, that would definitely take a lot of time to garden.
    Soon, he can open the first pizza restaurant in medieval times.
    Not sure how they cooked pizza back then or if they even had it.
    Cool, I like that they turned the rabbit into a sprinkler. What better small animal to choose than something that is commonly seen in gardens?
    Awesome posts!

@sireneiles Nice Sims! The guys head looks a little small though.

@Sprottenham Happy birthday to Robert!

@GraceyManor Have fun with the populating, even if it takes a bit to do!
  • Options
    Goth's in Moonlight Falls, Days 20 - 25 (Days 370 - 375) Part 1

***I did not take many pictures for this update as not a lot happened that wasn't repetitive.

sgWFuBT.jpg
    Lily wanted to watch TV so I had her watch the cooking channel, per her wish.

c1RLsbH.jpg
    Oliver finally finised teaching Xander how to walk, but he didn't have room for that wish so didn't get any points for it. He and Melanie also have wishes to have another child so I may go ahead and do that, but I'm not sure yet.

oS64Ryk.jpg
    Brandon is around two promotions away from finishing the culinary career. I'm wanting him to get the refrigerator because I lost the old one at some point.

TtRgfAu.jpg
    You can't see Xander in this picture, but Oliver took him to visit the Sorenson's, Xander's maternal grandparents. Unfortunately, by the time they had arrived, everyone had left.

jcfnmGq.jpg
    Throughout this update, Oliver had to fix the dishwasher at least twice. He either has now finished the upgrade to make it unbreakable, or is halfway through it. I can't remember.

cyDEaIs.jpg
    Melonie spent a little bit of time with Xander but he is hard to see because his wings block his body from view.

UHDhut8.jpg
    Jacob is at the point in his career where he needs police reports to help his chances of promotion. He decided to go to someone he already knew to make it easier. However, Elizabeth wasn't home so Jacob had to talk to Cary, her husband. Unfortunately, they weren't even friends so I had to have them increase their relationship enough so he wouldn't reject the questioning.

C8tYZRc.jpg
    Oliver has been dabbling a bit with inventing besides his sculpting, but I have several more things I want to accomplish with sculpting before he really gets into it. He is still a young adult and has at least 100 days before he'll even become an adult.

Ud7b0X7.jpg
    At one point, Oliver was working on teaching Xander to talk. Besides them, Melonie was practicing her magic.

aO3zfdk.jpg
    Melonie had a day off, so she took Xander to her parents. She chatted with Ginger first and I thought maybe Chaim would pick up Xander to start bonding with him. However, he did not and just kept wanting to watch TV. To mess with him, I shut the TV off every time he turned it on. It was hilarious, lol

0caPkeF.jpg
    Eventually, Melonie and Chaim sat down at the table and chatted with each other about the TV.

A1TWONF.jpg
    Before she left, she made sure to give him a hug. He is getting older and I don't remember how much time he has left.

f8vS3Io.jpg
    To end part one, Ginger finally picked Xander up and got to know him a bit.
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited January 2023
    I have two new sims! Meet Nathan McCray and his girlfriend Charlotte Tolbert! She's a teacher and he's in the culinary career. They want to get married but I'll wait a little longer <3
    52659322686_8961cfb804_h.jpg
    52659815768_7929dda790_h.jpg

Here's Nathan at a SimFest in Mayfield Springs, where they live. He also got hungry ;)
    52659815668_e32fcde751_h.jpg
    52659607259_58d28a64ee_h.jpg

Then they went to a club on Leisure Day. It's now Fall
    52659770030_3eac0fcbfe_h.jpg
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file