Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today, The Non-Serial Story Version

Comments

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    Wow, I wanna go to a holiday dinner at your house @UniqueKhaos o:)
  • Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    @mightysprite there’s room at the table for you! Pull up a seat!
  • Options
    hely0thely0t Posts: 345 Member
    This stuff didn't happen today but in the past... uh, however many months ago May was until now. Apparently I haven't been here since then.

I've had a bit of a weird year and not wanted to interact with forums that I'm part of, but I'm back because I've still been playing The Sims and some stuff has changed since last I was here, mostly recently. I aged up some of my little guys and their stories are evolving.
    In the Landgraab household...

I vaguely remember posting about the change for Geoffrey. He was a widower raising 6 kids; 3 babies, 2 toddlers and a child thanks to the neighbourhood stories, so that was interesting and it's been an absolute nightmare for me because I have the worst attention span.

I've come to the conclusion that Camden and Alden are biological brothers that Geoffrey adopted after Nancy and Malcolm died. Xander and Poppy were adopted while Nancy was alive, and I believe Harmony and Lydia were Geoffrey and Nancy's biological twin daughters.

I'll start with Camden. He aged up very handsomely. He's into jokes and is lactose intolerant, which I find ironic since he has the milkiest white skin ever.
    nKUm4Eg.png

Xander is the genius of the family and is a good person. :) The other day after school he wanted to bring home a girl! They're already good friends (without my influence, it seems) so I wanted to see if there was any romance there. And there was! So, I had him go on his first date with her which wasn't great lol but it was a start. The girl is Cassandra Goth; I've no experience with that family yet. Oh, and Xander is also a scout.
    jUSLwRb.png

First kiss with Cassandra!
    uJISmmB.png

Alden is a young adult now, and is a sporty, romantic, music lover... and I plan to turn him into a vampire at some point because he's always had that look about him since he was a kid. His job is tech guru right now.
    Cu13vd7.png

Harmony came with those cute glasses so she takes after dad there. She's artistic and a perfectionist. Lydia's a goofball like her big brother Camden.
    1E2PBio.png
    YUzGvzZ.png

Also, Lydia met a rabbit recently! As a rabbit owner myself, I thought this was especially cute. :)
    VXHf3R4.png

Poppy is a smart bookworm and likes purple and pink. :) She did some reading with dad the other day and cooking with Camden.
    GacVDVg.png
    SwHh5LS.png
    4L4DTwC.png

And nothing changed about Geoffrey but the outfit. :) He does want a relationship but I'm not sure about that yet. Maybe when Alden's moved out.
    5glvArS.png

I had no interest in the families already on the game before, but since discovering he was a widower with 6 kids lol I just wanted to find out what was going on and I got sucked into their lives. I love this little family so much. All the kids get along, Alden is a great big brother to the girls, helping to look after them with their dad when they were toddlers (I had to give him a break tbh that's why I also aged them up lol he was doing so much parenting!), and the two teen boys are like chalk and cheese but are very close too!
    ptvJyUo.png

In the Gilbert household, Jodie aged up to young adult and I made her a boyfriend called Jonathan, and they live together. :) They adopted two dogs without my knowing but they're cute! I gave them new names in the randomiser, and the second option for one of them was 'Dog' and I thought "Yep. Perfect." lol.

These two are Dog and Beryl! I don't know what breeds they are but very likely Collie crosses.
    LOWvIRN.png

Jodie and Jonathan have got on really well since they met. :smile:
    ywyjHhJ.png
    Qpf98EY.png

Daddies Joshua and Brodie have changed jobs because they both made it to the top of their previous careers. Brodie is now an athlete because he's into fitness anyway, and Joshua is in the culinary world since he's level 10 cooking already.

I'm still in love with Joshua lol. I adore that guy! I think he's put on a bit of weight this year.
    ncujUE6.png

And Brodie has a very muscular body now, but because it's winter, I won't get him stripping! Lol. Also, I gave him a bit of a face change because I wasn't happy with it before. That's not really me because looks aren't important to me, but at the same time something about it was creeping me out.
    zWN1tEb.png

When Jodie moved out, Wren moved into her big sister's old room because it's bigger, so there's now a spare room... and I made Brodie pregnant again! So now there's a new little baby Gilbert, and he's called Jesse! Don't know when I'll age him up. He's not been that tricky as a baby since all four others in the household can take care of him, there's always someone on hand. But Tegan, one of their dogs, is very interested in him lol she keeps thinking about the cot. :)
    n8Eeh4X.png

Speaking of Tegan, she's been fine. :) She loves swimming as usual, having her mad half-hour runs around the property, glitching through walls and watching TV, getting in the way...
    yzpr3k1.png
    83fFIeY.png

Wren was the accident but a nice one. She's very much her own person. She did have a job for a bit but it was stressing her (and me) out not having any time to herself or getting her homework done. She's into animals and generally a very good kid, according to her values.
    qQ9Nxcr.png

Sylas has had an interesting time lately... I discovered he's gay! Because I hadn't been playing the game for a while, I didn't know there had been a sexuality update, which is very cool. And little Sylas was already into guys when I had a look at his details. :)
    ZZGcZmp.png

I tried to get him meeting guys but the one he got on with most was married with kids lol so perhaps not. In the end I created him a boyfriend and moved him in across the road.

This is Luke Jung!
    S7hhhpe.png

I made him funny, cheerful, loyal, and a cat lover. What could possibly be wrong with him? Well, nothing, but I made him for Sylas and they just won't get along lol. There is a tiny amount of romance between them but their first date ended up being a disaster and each time they meet, they're liking each other less and less. Though last night I tried again and some love returned, so maybe there's something there that wasn't there before. (Get my reference?)

Back to the Gilbert household. I never mentioned someone above for good reason...

Last week when I was playing, Bouncer ran away!!! I'd never had a pet run away before and I literally cried! I didn't know what to do but I think it was because of new baby Jesse taking up most of everyone's attention, even mine. But he returned. Panic over. :)

He put himself to bed.
    drOOPL1.png

HOWEVER!!!

When I was playing the other day in the Flynn household, shock, horror: Charlie's dog Julian was taken away!!! That had never happened to one of their pets either. It said it happened "8 days ago", but I always save and close the game properly every time I play so I really do not know how that happened. I wouldn't have left it without pausing either because I have a bad habit of forgetting to un-pause the blooming thing. Unless (it's a big unless) I left it on by mistake while Charlie was at work, fell asleep and my laptop could've been running off battery and died eventually (because that's happened before). Her house was also a mess with clothing piles, dirty plates and broken toilets. Last time I remember Julian being anywhere was when I took a picture of him across from where he lives...
    4peilx4.png

Charlie and Julian
    Ogshb7y.png

Luckily, I got the little sausage back by using a saved version of him! I was so freaked out. Look at his little face! I'll make sure to protect him in future!
    QFdXMyJ.png

So that's what some of my households have been up to. Some lovely things, some awful things, some funny things. I'm looking forward to Alden becoming my first vampire since I bought the pack last week, and I'm excited to see what Jesse the new baby will be like as a toddler. :)

(Since writing this in a Word document, I have aged up Jesse! He is so CUTE!!! Lol, I'm not even someone who likes kids in real life but I adore this kid already. And he literally has his daddy Joshua's hair and his daddy Brodie's light green eye colour, so I'm loving that.
    mMHfE3i.png
    rvh5Cy4.png

Oh, and Caleb the vampire visited and had spaghetti with the Gilberts last night. I may or may not have a bit of a crush on him lol.)
    BdkOEb1.png

"You've got a face, I've got a face, it's all gonna be alright." - Noel Fielding
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited December 2022
    I did the festival of light for the first time, it was really cool! I wanted to do this one when I saw it on the trailer. First I gave my sims new outfits and hair then did the festival. I got some nice screenshots because the lights were so good.

2-CBDE8-EF-E1-EC-42-B4-9628-25-DDAC98994-F.jpgF080-D5-E5-84-D7-40-AA-AB0-D-A7915-C4-D6-EC6.jpgA45-B4-F69-ED12-4-FFA-A825-E3-E423847747.jpgFD9-F21-B9-4-B5-F-4182-A0-E1-F07-BD8572-FDC.jpg98-DD7584-DC80-4-B0-B-A2-A6-77-A8-CD667065.jpgF7-FD6-EE9-B3-FA-462-E-825-B-8669-D02-DB966.jpg3-E19-C30-B-9574-46-B0-BD8-B-3-EA39-A1-BEB24.jpg

These sims have now done all the sims 4 festivals I think, at least the ones in city living and snowy escape, I just need to do the youth one with a child sim sometime. I think my favorite is this one but I liked most of them 🙂.

27-B7-BB0-D-5701-4-B8-D-A995-FC7-BDC7-D04-AF.jpg
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    Yes, Peritonitis is a nasty after effect of a ruptured appendix. Yikes. What mod did you use, I'm curious?

I use adeepindigo's healthcare redux. I absolutely love it. This happens very infrequently but it's a pain when it does.

Thanks, I had no idea it was updated. I just removed Private Practice from my Mods folder. I may seek out this one again. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    I did a bit of housekeeping today. I decided to write up, what turned into two short and one regular-length chapters. The Cantrell household fell ill with the flu, Erik found himself, sick as he was, having to repair and clean the toilets. He couldn't quite grasp just why it was his toilets broke when a sick person used them. And, even if they did remember to flush, why it left the toilet too gross for use by anyone else?

As the family slowly got over the flu, Erik gave Joey a nudge toward planning his wedding, reminding him of what he needed to do. Seek a Ring Bearer, a Flower Pal, an Officiant, etc. He even invited the possible contenders over so Joey could secure these roles. Lorelei Golden would be the Flower Girl, Adrian the Ring Bearer, and Father James Thomlin would be the Officiant. After Astrid managed to ask Kayleigh to be her Maid of Honor, it was just left for Joey to secure the venue and set the time and date.

Back on his feet again, Erik resumed his business. He gave a concert, finished the tracks for his next album, and sat a photoshoot. The kids were all well, finally. He even worked on his garden for a bit, weeding and planting another couple of plants.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    @UniqueKhaos Father Winter usually shows up around 8 at night before a fireplace. Do you have a fireplace in your lot? Did you wait until 8 in the evening? This may be why he failed to appear. The other thing would be if you made him playable. Otherwise, you food looks delicious. I only ever end up making the Grand feast. I do wish our Sims had the opportunity to select portions of the dishes served, then it would seem more like a Feast.
  • Options
    @GalacticGal there was a fireplace and the festivities lasted until 2am. He just didn’t show. So he better not let me see him out in the world lol. I only have 1 playable family in this save. He’s always shown up but this save is a little buggy but I don’t want to restart it, not that I’ve done much that couldn’t be easily placed into a new save. The flower bunny did show up on egg day during my playing session today though.
  • Options
    These sims...I almost closed my game and tossed my laptop out the window. Minutes after Salim sets himself on fire (AGAIN), Aubrie has to be rushed to the hospital for a ruptured aneurysm. Thankfully her surgery was successful.
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    Lately, I have been in the mood to plan and build different retail stores, despite being a horrible builder😂 I will be opening my first one soon, only three years after buying Get to Work. Progress is slow, but it happens.
  • Options
    @GalacticGal there was a fireplace and the festivities lasted until 2am. He just didn’t show. So he better not let me see him out in the world lol. I only have 1 playable family in this save. He’s always shown up but this save is a little buggy but I don’t want to restart it, not that I’ve done much that couldn’t be easily placed into a new save. The flower bunny did show up on egg day during my playing session today though.

Yeah, you're save sounds buggy. Knowing this, I wouldn't take it out on ol' Father Winter, not without equal treatment to the Bunny, you know? Before we assume the save, itself, is in trouble, try doing a game repair.
  • Options
    @JustinB113 I've had Snowy Escape since it was released. I still haven't done the Festival of Lights, or the Youth one, either. My Sims are almost always busy and taking time outs, so to speak, don't come easily. I may have to amend that in 2023. Your pictures are really lovely.
  • Options
    @JustinB113 I've had Snowy Escape since it was released. I still haven't done the Festival of Lights, or the Youth one, either. My Sims are almost always busy and taking time outs, so to speak, don't come easily. I may have to amend that in 2023. Your pictures are really lovely.

Aww thank you! You should definitely go to the festival of light, I really liked that one :smile:
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    I wanted the Pancakes to be a happier family, so they have Iggy their toddler and Jasmina their adopted daughter. Here they are at the restaurant/playhouse I made called "Fox's Pizza and Play"! They seem to love it there. :mrgreen::heart:
    52582072326_b94cd00c8b_k.jpgPancakes at Fox's Pizza and Play by Ashley H., on Flickr
    52582332359_9a1b3135d5_k.jpgPancakes eating at my Fox's Pizza & Play Restaurant by Ashley H., on Flickr
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Very small update, Autumn took Rosa to the vet for the first time. Really she just needed a tablet for the hamster to slow it’s aging, but Rosa had a check up. Nothing was wrong but some precautionary things were done.
    DD816-F4-B-980-B-43-EA-A1-CD-FB2-E78-DE987-E.jpg
    7486-F030-91-B1-449-F-9204-828-B0749-DB1-A.jpg9059-C615-F728-4654-8-EE6-991-ACBFF3-B33.jpg7788-D9-EA-BB2-D-43-E1-A88-A-21-ACA4-C16-B58.jpg7-B1-CC477-A01-F-484-B-8-E5-A-ACC070-EF3-B6-C.jpgB1-FC67-FD-F15-F-412-F-83-EE-19542-F8-BB7-E1.jpg

1-DB3-CFDE-40-C1-40-B5-8-B5-B-4514-E8-A10-AE4.jpg
  • Options
    My shop has been open for three days and the only person to buy cake has been Lilith Vatore, a vampire. Everyone else seems to prefer either "juice" or plant fertilizer. Victorie - the shopkeeper - has been hit on by a middle-aged lady, the lover of her estranged mom and Knox Greenburg. There was almost a fight on the first day.
  • Options
    @AngeliqueAdelaide Oh, dear …
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    @AngeliqueAdelaide Oh, dear …

The reality of running a liquor store at StrangerVille. At least the townspeople are no longer infected, or it would be 100 times worse. Luckily, Victorie spent her early childhood in an haunted house, so nothing scares her anymore.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    I’m sorry to hear that Luna, hope you get your game back soon!

I have been playing more snowy escape. Finally found the forest spirits and advanced my sims aspirations. They are on the final stage of sightseer and just need to ‘become mindful’ so I’ll look into this soon. They are on the second to last stage of extreme sports and need to get injured (?!) and climb Mt Komorebi. We are not ready for that yet so I have been sending them out and about to improve their extreme sports skills.

I gave their club a little boost to climbing, ski-ing and snowboarding so we can get there soon. They got new skis! We also got another gold simmie from Yama-Chan so I just need 4 now to complete the collection.

Autumn and Summer also got the fabulously wealthy aspiration from harvesting their money tree. The girls have nearly 300,000 simoleons now :)

899-A2972-ADE3-47-AF-885-D-E5099957-B05-C.jpg
  • Options
    LilNerdySimmersLilNerdySimmers Posts: 99 Member
    Finished watching a movie at local cinema
    i84qCKY.pngbtjiiEA.png
  • Options
    Luna15 wrote: »
    I’ve not played any Sims the last few days, my laptop has been slowly dying and on Christmas Eve morning it finally breathed its last :/ so now I need to try and get another one. A last minute letter didn’t reach Santa in time, so I’ll have to try and get one next year at some point. I’m not sure how long I can last without playing The Sims 4… I’ve played it every day since 2020… This could be the end of me :o

Aw, Luna, I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss. Drat these evil devices that choose to die on us at the most inauspicious moments. Don't they know how much we depend on them? It's just too bad we can't rent one, you know, like a loaner car. Here's to a Happier New Year, that will bring with it a shiny new laptop that has all the features you need on it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top