Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today, The Non-Serial Story Version

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,685 Member
    Today, Erik held two concerts with a photoshoot in between. Joey came home from work, planning the right moment to ask his girlfriend to marry him. She had recently moved into the Cantrell household, her bills and rent piling up before she got the nursing job at Willow Creek Private Hospital. (She was on the verge of being kicked out and wondering what sleeping in the park would be like?) When Joey found her out in the kitchen, she beat him to it, asking him to marry her. Of course, he said yes. He quickly shifted his plans to looking for the ring. Joey asked Erik to be his Best Man and after expressing his delight, Erik got busy setting up the Bach Party.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited December 2022
    Some knitting, some gardening, plus playtesting and vampire-proofing some restaurants. I have nothing against vampires in general, but everything against them puking all over the place because they lack the common sense to not order and eat human food. It's gross and ruins the mood. Gotta love the mods that allow me to keep certain types of sims away from places they don't belong to. If my vampires want to make themselves ill on purpose, they can do it at home.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited December 2022
    More snowy escape! Did some new outfits for winter sports and my sims started on the second snowy escape aspiration for extreme sports while we wait for the snow festival.

First they got new athletic outfits and went out to the resort but they were late setting out. They got their vending machine stuff but Autumns got stuck again. They had a couple of hours on the practise slope but it got dark so they went home. They started the next day with rock climbing but there was a thundersnow storm so they went and practised in their gym instead.
    F923-A405-E193-4-BD2-AD13-1-E42-BCE40-B39.jpgDAA07239-2699-461-F-997-A-AC6-A1597-DEF3.jpgB65-A4956-D245-4764-8-FB6-AD1-D1-F0-EE63-B.jpg07-D436-F9-62-CC-4206-B58-B-42-C500-E973-B0.jpg7-C6-A04-B2-CD47-4-F2-B-9-CDE-5-A899005-C64-F.jpgE979-FA6-D-19-BE-4-C20-B63-C-165-CF24-F1-ED2.jpgB608-CDC0-4-ED5-43-C9-8-A06-080-B12-F954-E4.jpg41-E13-D4-F-0-DD1-49-B5-A2-EE-2-E78603-D4-A37.jpg

They went back out the following day and went on a hike to an old shrine. It went well but it was dark by the time they got there. Now they just need to meet a forest spirit to complete this part of the aspiration.
    0538-A79-B-0-B08-4-E8-B-AF96-90602542-F3-E9.jpg2-ADA9-A24-F32-C-44-AE-98-B4-B70-A6022-C15-D.jpg683-EC8-A2-DB89-4-D8-F-BB8-D-DF4-FE5-A552-C9.jpg62-ECB06-D-1340-4-BE1-8300-A6-FDD78-ABA29.jpgA4932309-1-ABF-495-B-BED8-FF9568-E15521.jpgC44-A64-F9-4289-4551-800-F-A3-CBEA8-D4217.jpg268-B9-D08-092-F-44-C0-981-B-82-BE48-F6-CD5-E.jpg

This should be the end of the update but sadly some things happened on the trip back! I reloaded my save though so we will pretend this part never happened...
    1-A44828-D-4-EEB-4734-8-D1-F-671468-EE08-D6.jpgE0178-C60-57-AE-44-E1-987-C-632-E4-B2-C2-B22.jpgACCFD451-EA6-C-4-C3-C-982-E-953-D58-C5-F28-A.jpgB372-A484-4-BC1-4-D3-A-86-D2-FD844-C74-F3-F9.jpgFB4-B5058-873-E-448-A-A477-3-A128-F9-F6703.jpg
    CBD9-E041-36-FC-4942-9-D9-E-F26-DAA57-CCBA.jpgD71-E8-D4-D-2-B43-4-AF6-9-D61-1-F5451-B0-F98-F.jpg
    2-C383391-5767-46-D8-95-BE-A9-BFC69-AA11-E.jpg

She is fine now! This is 2 deaths for Autumn and 2 for Winter. Summer has been lucky so far 🙂. To end the day they went to the spice festival and got some T-shirt’s. The food was too spicy for them - maybe next time.

BDF98761-F01-E-4634-B24-A-7-DFCAC2-DBBE1.jpg

Post edited by JustinB113 on
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    A much smaller update, we did the festival of snow. This was a really nice one, the costumes are silly and there’s not too much to do at the festival but I loved how it lighted up and all the slopes did too 🙂.

I also saw my last main Sim Juliana Pizzazz for the first time in ages, she doesn’t usually attend these things so it was nice to see her.
    7-E924-AEA-1-F46-4187-93-B1-F4-E467458-F82.jpg
    7-DA52-CBF-FA6-E-4-C6-D-9959-32-F48-A0473-A8.jpgB5161-E04-772-C-4091-8-C97-7-E1-C45945-A0-D.jpg445560-A4-F441-4-C6-C-9959-745-A40-CD506-D.jpg9-CF30-CFA-AAD9-427-C-9-E78-78-DE94599-C63.jpgB55384-AD-7-A95-4212-8-A81-935-AAA67045-D.jpgEA0-C2-EE0-3043-4-E61-9-B48-4-ECC7-D98-C7-D9.jpg0-F9191-AD-8-F28-4011-99-C2-8-B6-A5-E575306.jpg
    951-D4202-AC22-4-B8-C-8-E0-B-AF05908949-E8.jpg
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,683 Member
    I haven't been able to play much lately but got into my game today to add Get Famous (on sale) and to check on my towns. I have the Addams Family living in Mooncrest and the Bumble family of forest imps in Granite Falls. Seems the two families made a trade while I wasn't looking. One of the Bumble kids, Bee Bee, got traded for Lurch. I'm sure there's an advantage to having Lurch around, especially for a large family like the Bumbles. But, as hilarious as it was, the Watcher wasn't having it, so Bee Bee went back to his family and Lurch is now re-employed with Gomez and Morticia.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,932 Member
    @cyncie Enjoy. (I can't wait to see what you do with Get Famous)
  • Options
    @cyncie Enjoy. (I can't wait to see what you do with Get Famous)

Well, I got it in case they add bands sometime soon. If it hadn’t been on sale I just would just have waited, since it’s not really for my current game. But, I moved Johnny Zest and Callia Maebey into Strangerville, and I might just run a little side story of comedian wannabe Johnny trying to make it in a town full of humorless conspiracy theorists, scientists and men in black. Callia can be his social media maven. 😀
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Not too much! A nice little hike to a Japanese temple and Geek Con. My sims have got all the San Myshuno festival shirts now which is cool! They ate sushi with chopsticks for their sightseer aspiration. Also we went to the festival of youth but there wasn’t anything for them to do there except eat ice cream as it was for kids.
    775-CA56-D-6-A80-485-B-93-EB-01-AC6134727-F.jpg942-FE48-B-76-CC-495-C-A7-CF-18-E6-AD370314.jpg
    A6-AF1953-7394-4-F46-B36-C-A91-E490512-C2.jpg52-AAC6-A9-53-B5-44-EF-9-C70-704-CAFBF8552.jpg3-F8-F643-B-3-B4-B-44-D8-AE7-B-4-D48-E5-C51483.jpg2824-E4-DE-FFC1-4-B63-9-FBB-82-F12694-FEB0.jpg
    D1-E16067-98-C6-45-D5-8-D52-BEA3-AA27498-E.jpg
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    No pics today, didn't have a chance to grab a screenshot because it all happened so fast.

Lia is a new sim I've been playing, she lives in the same neighborhood as my other played sims. A few days ago (RL days) she moved into the neighborhood and the Welcome Wagon came to welcome her. Well she hit it off extremely well with her next door neighbor Ruell (who lives with a houseful of dudes .... (that was deliberately placed in that neighborhood by The Watcher to see if any of my other 4 girls would find love interests).

Well the next day Ruell called and asked her on a date to the "Sip & Spin" Laundry/Cafe and flirty seemed to be the mood of the day for those two. But he must secretly shy, because he initiated their first kiss (I use mods that allow anonymous 1st Kisses and Proposals) , then immediately left!

The next day she invites him over to her place and once again flirty flirty flirty was the mood for the night. He will make a good house-husband, because he was nice enough to go swap her laundry over to the dryer! There were a couple of hot and heavy make-out sessions on the couch and by the end of the night their pink bar was full.

So today she is at the community space fabricating. I don't see him on the lot but I see her queue has a picture of him in it, so I watch to see what happens. They talk, then she walks out and he jogs after her.

They go upstairs to what looks like an an apartment/living space (it's a lot I downloaded so I didn't know what was there because I'm only using it as a industrial looking community space). He starts playing the guitar, she watches and dances.

Then some chick walked in and was starting to give him the goo-goo eyes, so I had my girl flirt with him to give her a message to back off and all of a sudden he grabs Lia, dips her for a kiss, and then proposes! I didn't even get the chance to accept or deny it! It was sooooo fast I wasn't able to take a pic.

And then .......

HE LEFT!

Her and I both were like WTH? He proposes then just poofs? LOL
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    And now this! I go back into the game to save and quit and was not expecting to see THAT!

Lia has a creepy, stalker who broke into her house and is standing by her bed while she's sleeping! I have never, ever seen this before!

Ea3ADAn.png

• Options
    And now this! I go back into the game to save and quit and was not expecting to see THAT!

Lia has a creepy, stalker who broke into her house and is standing by her bed while she's sleeping! I have never, ever seen this before!

Ea3ADAn.png

Ugh. Gnomes are bad enough, but that one is just extra…
  • Options
    The weekend was busy for Erik Cantrell. He threw a Bach Party for this newly engaged younger brother, Joey. Interrupted a too cozy moment between the bride and groom out in Erik's hot tub. On Sunday he won his 15th Best Song Starlight Accolade. His mother, Louise Cantrell was the Host. He took his wife, who suddenly fell ill, home and then gave a concert immediately afterward. The crowd was gracious, Erik was hyped after his win. It was highly successful, but at the end Erik wasn't feeling well, either. He was kept from escaping into his home by two Paparazzi outside of his gate. He graciously gave the interview, but then upchucked onto his own shoes. Happily, the Paparazzi promised to not publish the photo of the Rock Star in his humiliation. :) (In all sincerity, it happened so quickly, I couldn't capture such a shot. But, I'm certain Erik is happy I didn't.)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options

Ea3ADAn.png

If I were to try to tie these two segments together, I would suggest the Gnome somehow managed to be a Human for a couple of days, but just like Cinderella, or in this case Cinder-Fella, the magic wore off and so he skedaddled off, too. What a story you've got going.
  • Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    I had a really long gaming session late last night/early this morning. I worked on 2 different saves. One save, I’m adding extended family to the premades. I’ve started this before but never finished it. As usual, I added Lydia Spencer to the Spencer-Kim-Lewis household, made her divorce Dennis and marry Don Lothario. I gave Lydia and Dennis a second daughter, a teen named Serena. Lydia has a daughter with Don named Reese. Eric Lewis got a dad, David, and three sisters, Nadia and Nia (identical YA twins) and Kennedy (teen). Dennis will move back to Mt. Komorebi and maybe get remarried.

My second save is my favorite. I’ve finally grown extremely attached to a family!!! It’s been a while since that happened. Salim, Aubrie and their daughter Sydni are absolutely adorable! I will add two more of my favorite families to this save and have them all be friends. I want all three families to grow but not until we get infants. So for now I think I’ll focus on building relations and skills and send all of the adults to university as that and high school will be my backstory for how they met.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,691 Member
    I'm having so much fun running a real TV show in my game, featuring sims I actually play! I think it would be cool if we get a tv-show EP for this game, making the process much easier, lol. If you want to check out the result, look for the "The Bagged Talent" thread on the general forum with links to the first 3 weekly shows already released. There are 3 more shows to go, and voting is open for 72 hrs.

Only most of the audience are not played sims, but every now and then I squeeze in locals there, as well :) It's fun seeing hem gather in such a different setting.

20221218a.jpg

This is hostess Khloe Adrian on stage with one of the contenders. She is daughter of Dina Caliente btw. This is her first big job, and I think she is doing quite well, LOL. I'm now starting producing the next show which ought to be a Winterfest special, I think. At least there will be some Winterfest decor, which I rarely add to my regularly played homes (it's early Summer in my game atm...).
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    I would love such a pack! I had to create a way for my Rock Star to be 'interviewed' after he received his tenth Accolade in a row.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,691 Member
    I would love such a pack! I had to create a way for my Rock Star to be 'interviewed' after he received his tenth Accolade in a row.

Wow! How can he get that many awards? I don't think any of my celebs ever was awarded. Instead, my duchesses and dukes show up in numbers, and grab all the stuff, LOL. I guess I need to fine tune my local fame system...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2022

Wow! How can he get that many awards? I don't think any of my celebs ever was awarded. Instead, my duchesses and dukes show up in numbers, and grab all the stuff, LOL. I guess I need to fine tune my local fame system...

I'm guessing, since he's a Musical Genius, he knows his stuff? I'm baffled myself. But I played for quite some time and he never won anything for his music, even when he composed on that remix machine. Others finally told me there was a way for him to win for his music. He has to write a song, (not lyrics) on the various instruments. Calculating it all up, there are 12 different music categories for the piano and the Electronic organ. And five each for the guitar and violin. I had to reset my main save, so I gave the school-aged kids the summer off, and had Erik write music like mad, keeping track of the category/style of music and giving each one a name, of course. I didn't have him license them right away, either. Just before he'd reached Global Superstar at the tender age of 17, I had him license the first one. (It also helps to have the tiny mod for no cool-down between licenses.) The same day he placed his Frame, was his first win.

He's won every week since. In this iteration of the save, he just won his 15th, and has another nomination pending.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,958 Member
    @GalacticGal I admire your dedication to Erik and his Global Superstar journey. My Juliette just won her fourth award and I might do it a couple more times and that'll be it. I've been fast forwarding through the ceremony. I have the mod for no cool down for licensing songs but it sort of doesn't really matter because you have to wait a week anyway for the next awards ceremony.
  • Options
    @GalacticGal I admire your dedication to Erik and his Global Superstar journey. My Juliette just won her fourth award and I might do it a couple more times and that'll be it. I've been fast forwarding through the ceremony. I have the mod for no cool down for licensing songs but it sort of doesn't really matter because you have to wait a week anyway for the next awards ceremony.

Yes, but it's a week full of anticipation and for Erik, some trepidation, too. Right now, I'm having too much fun with his journey to quit. I have a particular goal in mind for him, which has been thwarted more times than I can say. (Lost count.) Had to restart. He can't seem to get passed YA before the save goes kablooey on me.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    I worked some more on my sims snowy escape sightseer aspiration. They spent a long time in the hot spring and went sledding 3 times. Now they are on the final part of the aspiration 🙂.

We have to find the forest spirits as I need them for both aspirations now so I will try that next time. I also put some carpet down and added some windows to my youth hostel and it’s starting to take shape. They are very happy to live there now. I will work on that next time too. Autumn kept falling asleep.
    54579-C0-A-56-F4-4-E3-A-BB91-38-DF6-ED645-C3.jpgA4-F7-EDE9-384-C-472-B-8141-452876-B8-CA6-E.jpg666-A6-A23-C6-EB-4-DC1-BA2-D-F66-DBDFB696-E.jpgA324-C0-B4-5336-465-B-850-F-0-F193-C614022.jpg1-DCD8694-19-DF-49-EF-9439-5-F3260-CEAA9-B.jpgC74-F4-E02-40-A0-4-E19-A7-E2-D473-F2-A5-E651.jpgCD436-CC5-AD9-C-4631-90-E3-5030-C70-EACDE.jpgA4-E903-BE-4-F98-49-A5-BAFE-D66-BBF97-F34-F.jpg
    EFEB9726-3-CC9-4-E8-D-8-FE8-EB10-EFB4-A302.jpg
  • Options

My gaming session was...stressful lol. Things were going great for a while then I got a message that Salim had appendicitis, so I sent him to the hospital or so I thought. A little later, I get a message that his appendix ruptured, back to the hospital we go but of course when he comes home, he immediately begins to die from poisoning. Thankfully little Sydni was able to plead for her father's life. But soon after that, he set himself on fire trying to dry the laundry. Time to switch saves. Here's a pic of Salim and Aubrie just because I love them so much.

2qHqwQZ.png
  • Options
    My gaming session was...stressful lol. Things were going great for a while then I got a message that Salim had appendicitis, so I sent him to the hospital or so I thought. A little later, I get a message that his appendix ruptured, back to the hospital we go but of course when he comes home, he immediately begins to die from poisoning. Thankfully little Sydni was able to plead for her father's life. But soon after that, he set himself on fire trying to dry the laundry. Time to switch saves. Here's a pic of Salim and Aubrie just because I love them so much.

2qHqwQZ.png

Yes, Peritonitis is a nasty after effect of a ruptured appendix. Yikes. What mod did you use, I'm curious?
  • Options
    Yes, Peritonitis is a nasty after effect of a ruptured appendix. Yikes. What mod did you use, I'm curious?

I use adeepindigo's healthcare redux. I absolutely love it. This happens very infrequently but it's a pain when it does.

• Options

It's still winter in my game and it's giving me the blues. At least Winterfest was successful, although Father Winter never showed up for the kids. Count your days Clement Frost! Being the foodie that I am, there are no pics of the sims but here's the food.

L to R: apple pie, sweet potato pie, roast chicken, baked potatoes, rack of lamb, glazed fruitcake (which was left untouched lol) and winter cake
    TXpIZqW.png

L to R: iced tea, afternoon tea snacks, champagne, more afternoon tea snacks and lemonade
    jFam24U.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top