Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the best food item to keep in your inventory to fill you up?

bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
I dont have time to stop and prepare food often. I usually eat 3 apples to fix my hunger need. Is there something better that lasts longer after eating it?

Comments

• Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    If you finish the base game food aspiration you can prepare meals that don't spoil and keep them in your inventory indefinitely.
  • Options
    StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    Perfect stuff. Apples, lemons, avocados, onions. Sims don't have taste buds, apparently, and will happily scoff down an onion raw with as much gusto as a bunch of fresh grapes. Perfect seems to give a higher "gift from nature" moodlet value.
    Worth nothing that perfect apples seem to be pretty good gifts too.
  • Options
    Mikayla_Rose_GrahamMikayla_Rose_Graham Posts: 18 Member
    Strawberry Carrot and Apple.
    Mikayla Rose Graham been playing the sims since 3 years
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    I never use inventory for food items---instead, I'll have a sim make something on the grill, put it in the fridge as leftovers, and they'll eat that for like the next week or two
  • Options
    I never use inventory for food items---instead, I'll have a sim make something on the grill, put it in the fridge as leftovers, and they'll eat that for like the next week or two

Right, I'm trying to avoid the trip to the fridge. Think on the go or on the computer.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    Cakes and items from the Baking skill spoil more slowly than regular food. And are filling.
    Milk and cheese from Cottage Living spoil slower.
    Canned goods (Cottage Living) might not spoil at all? Not sure, also not sure how filling those various foods are.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Food stands, vending machines, bars, cafes, and lounges are your friends while you're out and about. There are also some protein bars I think you can buy from the spa and bars and also rations from the Selvadorada sales tables. With my sims I tend to prepare large meals and put the leftovers in the fridge and they will just help themselves to whatever is in there when they are hungry. They rarely cook every day, just need to make sure you don't add cake or cookies cause they will choose that over proper meals.
  • Options
    GalisilGalisil Posts: 15 New Member
    > @mightysprite said:
    > Canned goods (Cottage Living) might not spoil at all? Not sure, also not sure how filling those various foods are.

Not sure if they can spoil either (my canning sims has done the chef aspiration), but not very filling from my experience.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited August 2022
    My sim always seem to have fruitcake in their inventory since it never spoils. :p
    Also, if you happen to get the grilled cheese aspiration and complete it you can just summon a grilled cheese whenever you want.

Placing vending machines about makes quick work of having to never cook. The get to work is my favorite item in buying things right out of it.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Oh fruitcake! Yes that is the true field ration of the sims world.
  • Options
    Oh fruitcake! Yes that is the true field ration of the sims world.

When the welcome wagon is useful. Hoard yhe fruit cake as it will last forever being a family heirloom.

My sim has the gourmet skill so I make her cook it now and again and she keeps it in her inventory. :)
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    edited August 2022

Right, I'm trying to avoid the trip to the fridge. Think on the go or on the computer.

I prepare group meals and stick them in the fridge. When it's time to eat, I can find the "Open" option on the fridge, drag the meal to the Sim's inventory, and select grab a plate. Then I drag the leftovers back to the fridge. This only works at home, though. Out and about, the food does spoil unless you have the food aspiration trait. Not sure what you consider cheating...
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    On another note if your sim has the money you could order from Zoomers or just hire a chef
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Do sims eat the food in their inventory on their own or do they always choose the stove or fridge? Anyone know?
  • Options
    mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    Honey works pretty well as a quick meal on the go. I also keep a cooler in my sims inventory if I plan on taking them outdoors for an extended time. My default used to be produce, but now there seems to be a chance of giving my sims upset stomachs if they eat too much of these.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    I just make whatever food and put it in fridge but if you are on the go yeah idk

group of young adult human sims that have not been sipped recently?

or I guess if need human food bring spellcaster who can use food spells with ya too to feed your food
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Cakes and items from the Baking skill spoil more slowly than regular food. And are filling.
    Milk and cheese from Cottage Living spoil slower.
    Canned goods (Cottage Living) might not spoil at all? Not sure, also not sure how filling those various foods are.
    I don’t think canned goods spoil, at least my canners have never seen it happen.
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Do sims eat the food in their inventory on their own or do they always choose the stove or fridge? Anyone know?

Stove or fridge, always. :(
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    edited August 2022

That sucks. That should be fixed.
  • Options
    My default used to be produce, but now there seems to be a chance of giving my sims upset stomachs if they eat too much of these.

@mikamakimon this is from a lot challenge - I think "off the grid"
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member

That is a good way to be yelled at for inappropriate behavior at other Sims homes: seriously, there needs to be a player prompt if there would be inappropriate behavior. Also, they NEED to fix cooking club behavior when it meets at a club member's home so that it is never inappropriate.
    There should also be an "Ask for Permission" option to override the automatic inappropriate behaviors.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,931 Member
    I usually just cheat the needs all green whenever i dont want my sims to bother with making food or going to the bathroom... :p
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • Options
    wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    The cheese balls from Selvadorada or the grilled cheese ball thing. You can either go there and buy them from the vendors or debug them. They never spoil and I believe give full hunger. Otherwise apples. If it's rags to riches or survival type challenge there's always someone leaving food behind at grills or festivals. When another sim orders from stalls just click eat it and you'll get a free meal about 50% of the time. Especially true at Cafe lots and there's always diving for meals at Evergreen dumpsters. Myshuno Meadows has a full kitchen for making meals or sack lunches but they all spoil at the same 8 hours. Canned items don't spoil ever so you can use that kitchen (or get always welcome) with fruits but you'll need other ingredients.
  • Options
    mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    My default used to be produce, but now there seems to be a chance of giving my sims upset stomachs if they eat too much of these.

@mikamakimon this is from a lot challenge - I think "off the grid"

Thanks! I've been playing on and off, and I have been playing off grid for some time that it seems like the norm now, lol.
  • Options
    ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    Takes a while and a bit extreme, but my sim is working on the grilled cheese aspiration. Then he can just summon one.