Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the best food item to keep in your inventory to fill you up?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,444 Member
    ravynwolvf wrote: »
    Takes a while and a bit extreme, but my sim is working on the grilled cheese aspiration. Then he can just summon one.

I also thought that was the way to go. But be warned: the quality of the summoned cheese is not good. I have had my sim summon normal quality grilled cheese. Sometimes she even summons spoiled grilled cheese, while she can cook excellent quality grilled cheese on a stove.

I prefer spellcasters who can summon food with magic or the selvadora cakes (forgot the actual name) you can buy from the vendors.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Gourmet fruitcake never spoils. It's the type you get from the Welcome Wagon and can be made with the Gourmet Cooking skill. Most sims dislike the taste though.

Sims with various traits can rummage for and eat food from bins/dumpsters.

You can buy a cooler (OR/TS) and carry it around with you. It has a couple of quick meals (Yogurt/Granola) and drinks.

If you have Snowy Escape you can craft Energy Bars and Protein Bars at level 7 & 9 respectively of the the Rock Climbing skill. These don't require a kitchen as they are both made via a self-interaction from different fruits.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,334 Member

Honestly, (If I haven't already said), the seeds of fruits and vegetables are the best to keep in inventory as "food". Never expire. You can either buy them or grow them on your lot. Or harvest them on a world map when a particular plant is in-season.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    Flcty1969Flcty1969 Posts: 82 Member
    I always keep fresh produce in my toddler's inventory and have tham eat that. It avoids the hassle of one parent putting them in the highchair, the other parent taking them out, grandparent putting them back in, original parent taking them back out.....repeat until child dies of starvation.