Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,672 Member
    @Metior_Ice, first thank you very much. I'm glad you enjoyed my latest chapter.

Second, I will happily borrow some if your merfolk. It may be a while but I would not be surprised to see Dylan swim into the Wyrd seas.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,976 Member
    I haven’t played Sims 4 since about 23rd May or so, because my computer stopped working… I’m very good at saying that I need to do something and then not doing it.
    I’m a bit worried about playing again when I do get my computer fixed, because I’ve heard that there are some major aging-related bugs. Out of my three main story saves, one is on long lifespan and the others are on normal.
    I have automatic updates on in Origin. I guess I could cancel the updates before they start (it always says “preparing” first), hopefully that works. I’ll also make sure to disable automatic updates. Perhaps I’ll start a new save just to check everything’s ok, or back up my existing saves before even opening Origin.
    I’m excited to play again once my computer’s fixed, but also worried because of all the bugs. I’m not planning to get High School Years for a bit.
    Actually I should probably back up my saves anyway as good practice.
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    @luciusstorm I don’t mind if you change his outfits, but his hair needs to stay the same. Lol Oh, and if you include Dylan, make sure Zeph is there too. My twins like to stick together!
  • Options
    @Metior_Ice, as long as he doesn't show up bald like DaniRose's Matteo did. :) I'll do my best.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    @luciusstorm I’ll share a few unique things about my twins before they show up.

Dylan’s Unique traits:

Great Storyteller
    Stoves and Grills Master
    Creative Visionary
    Piper
    Expressionist
    Muse of the Maker
    Muser
    Creatively Gifted
    Creative
    Music Lover

Zephyr’s Unique traits:

Observant
    Speed Reader
    Handy
    Academic
    I think the Jungle Adventure Aspiration trait
    Quick Learner
    Mentally Gifted
    Genius
    Geek

Zeph gets more out of his skills

Level 10 Logic
    Level 10 Handiness
    Level 10 Wellness
    Level 10 Programming
    Level 10 Rocket Science
    Level 10 Archeology
    Level 10 Research and Debate

If there’s a skill that requires a sharp mind, Zeph probably has that skill maxed and can do a lot with those skills.

I’m working on Zeph’s aspirations, but they require more than just leveling skills. He has to go into certain careers and do certain things too.
    @Metior_Ice, as long as he doesn't show up bald like DaniRose's Matteo did. :) I'll do my best.

If you have the Cool Kitchen Stuff Pack, the one that comes with an ice cream maker, then you won’t have to worry about it.

I believe Barnaby and Wade have a base game hairstyle

Sefina has a hairstyle from the Parenthood Game Pack

Sora has a hairstyle from the Romantic Garden Stuff Pack

I can’t remember where Cecelia gets her hairstyle from, but I want to say Get Together or Discover University.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    @luciusstorm keep in mind that both Dylan and Zeph have the Child of the Ocean Trait.

They both have the hidden traits: Sulani Mana and Master of the Sea.

They are both Brave Sims.

They are both immune to many forms of death. They can even control their emotions very effectively.

They have the character values:

Good Manners
    Compassionate
    Responsible
    Mediator
    Controlled Emotions

Their character values make them behave like good sims without the limitations that come with that trait.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    In general, there is no CC or mods used because I can’t use them in my game. If you have the Packs that come with them, you will have everything you need.

Sorry about the tag spams, but @luciusstorm the one outfit that might need to be updated is their swimwear. I use a Kit for that outfit. Their formal outfit might need to be updated too, but that’s mostly because Dylan and Zeph haven’t attended a formal human event in my game.
  • Options
    @Lucy_Henley I played my main save with a long lifespan, but when I loaded the save, it was set to a normal lifespan.

My recommendation is to go into the menu from the manage worlds and confirm that the life span is changed. Turn the aging off for the time being and simulate a longer lifespan by manually aging your sims.
  • Options
    In general, I’ll finally be able to check on my save again tonight!
  • Options
    @SimmingSwiftie I haven’t been able to play, but I’ve been taking time to follow everyone’s updates. I’ve also been trying to reply to updates.

As far as the current state of my game, it was working fine after the big update, and I was building writing momentum.

Before I left for a trip, my game was experiencing severe lag and booting me to the main menu whenever I saved the game.

I’m currently looking at rebuilding my save and transferring all my merfolk over to a new save. It might not seem like it, but I almost have 100 mermen and mermaids in my main save.

It’s going to take me a good chunk of time to transfer them, and the venues I made, to a new save.

But my main save is probably suffering from old age. It’s been my longest running save without any major issues since Eco Living.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    @GalacticGal I enjoyed your update. Erik's a fun and interesting character to read about and the pictures really added to the scene you set I liked the prom ones best ^=^ loved the one where he put on his cologne haha.

Reading that made me feel like I was a part of his world and like I was actually there. Thanks for the update. I look forward to the next ones.

@mightysprite wowie great work! That's incredible what a great build. I love the detail and the curves really add to it.

@pepperjax1230 aw congratulations to your Sims. Time to start thinking of some baby names ^=^
    I am not playing her he just had a fling with her. :D
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    @Metior_Ice, it's cool... they're your characters. You have a right to be both excited and protective of them. When it comes time for me to maybe download and use them, I'll reach out to you directly and we can talk through things. I'd probably just have them as walk-bys in the background but I'd still want to do them justice.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    @Metior_Ice, it's cool... they're your characters. You have a right to be both excited and protective of them. When it comes time for me to maybe download and use them, I'll reach out to you directly and we can talk through things. I'd probably just have them as walk-bys in the background but I'd still want to do them justice.

@luciusstorm Honestly, it’s ultimately your save and your story. I think it’s awesome you’d even consider having them in your save.

I’m very protective of my twins and care about them a lot, but I still think it would be interesting to see what they do when I’m not there to control what they do.

From what I’ve seen, they would probably be good background characters regardless. You never know. I just thought it would be a fun idea.

As for @GalacticGal ‘s post, I wouldn’t be upset if my twins got into a fight or did something that I wouldn’t expect them to do.

I mean, I didn’t expect Dylan to want to adopt a child in my own save. :D

My twins still catch me by surprise…

I’ve spotted Zephyr going through a phase where he was a crazy hacker… He’s even hacked into landgraab bank accounts and successfully stolen money… For a while, I couldn’t trust Zeph around a computer.

Trust me when I say, my twins are more than capable of doing some pretty chaotic things that I wouldn’t expect.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,709 Member
    edited August 2022
    @GalacticGal I enjoyed your update. Erik's a fun and interesting character to read about and the pictures really added to the scene you set I liked the prom ones best ^=^ loved the one where he put on his cologne haha.

Reading that made me feel like I was a part of his world and like I was actually there. Thanks for the update. I look forward to the next ones.

@mightysprite wowie great work! That's incredible what a great build. I love the detail and the curves really add to it.

@pepperjax1230 aw congratulations to your Sims. Time to start thinking of some baby names ^=^

Thank you so much! Sometimes, Erik gets addicted, if you will to spraying the cologne. He also used a breath spray, but he turned toward the wall and there was no way to get a shot of that.

I just read your update on Rosie and Matt. Matt was so sweet to take care of the house for Rosie. I, too, hope his current book turns into a Bestseller. :) I look forward to more of your updates. :)
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    I made a new family all of them where made using the story feature. 6 out of 8 where criminals

Oh, so what you're really telling us is you started a new Crime Family! Six out of eight? That's insane. LOL I look forward to reading about how it goes. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,976 Member
    @Metior_Ice Yeah, I probably will do aging off for now. Seems like a good idea. Actually I might start a new save anyway… after years of me saying that I wasn’t interested in getting Vampires, I’ve decided that I actually do want to get it :D:D so I’ll be starting a new save to really get used to vampire gameplay, which will give me time to figure out how to incorporate them into my existing story saves.
  • Options
    @mightysprite Your build is fantastic! Where did you get the backdrop for the concert section? Is it cc or in the game, by chance?
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,107 Member
    edited August 2022
    Introducing Annabeth Coleman:
    f82hd5J.png
    Annabeth is fresh from the countryside of Henford on Bagely and is looking for a change. She turns up to Daphne's Coffee Shop in Magnolia Promenade to have a look around the area.

While on her travels she meets my sim self's wife Liberty. Liberty invites Annabeth back to her house for lunch and to meet her family:
    VoXsjCX.png
    Since Liberty's last bombshell to her husband (my sim self) i couldn't help feel a bit of a connection here:
    xyfm4u3.png
    It seems Annabeth is very keen on Liberty so Annabeth asks Liberty out on a date the next day!
    Halfway through the date, Annabeth decides "to hell with it" and attempts an autonomous mistletoe kiss on Liberty which Liberty doesn't
    seem to mind!
    oUqECdn.png
    While trying to work out what Liberty's relationship status is Annabeth one evening decides to ask Liberty on her thoughts on expanding her family. Liberty's response is this: "As wonderful as that sounds, i'm not in a position where i feel comfortable doing that at the moment"
    aeq9D48.png
    Meanwhile my sim self's youngest daughter comes home after splitting up with her boyfriend William Haas, a son of J Huntingdon III
    9W92D24.png
    Unaware of what's happening between my sim self and Liberty, their two daughters Beatrix and Ayla enjoy a family meal together:
    52Anxic.png
    To escape the awkward life at home, Liberty goes over to see Annabeth again and Wowzers! Annabeth is very forward!
    2YK85dl.png
    Things between Annabeth and Liberty escalate to the bedroom very quickly!
    Va4aLve.png
    Needing help with his marriage, my sim self calls Liberty's mother who's round within a shot! Liberty is surprised to see her estranged mother but she is pleased to see her. They sit down and talk about what's going on.
    XpIiRUQ.png
    The expression on Liberty's mother's face is a picture:
    x0MXDCd.png
    Shortly after Liberty leaves the room, Liberty's mother takes out her phone and dials a number and says to the person on the other line:
    "It's me, this problem is worse than i thought! You better get down here and quick smarts too!"
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    @Metior_Ice Erik's Obsessed Fans have a tendency to be first of all very smelly, as if they never once used a toilet or a shower and they have a propensity for removing their clothing. All of it. :open_mouth: Sometimes, one or more of Erik's 'normal' fans get offended at this behavior and seek to 'remove' the problem by fighting with them. That's what I believe happened.

Relax, this was taken a few days ago and I haven't yet downloaded your wonderful twin Mermen. No worries. The Obsessed Fans are courtesy of the Road to Fame mod. Happily, Erik only has two or three of them. They like to leave little mementos for him. Tiered cakes, sometimes half-eaten, and plates of Ambrosia. And piles of trash. Not a nice look in front of the house. Erik sells the Ambrosia which nets him 2500 Simoleons a piece. Three nets him enough money to make an album.
  • Options
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    Cool, I should be all set then! :) is your Gallery name the same as your forum name?

@GalacticGal It is. I use the hashtag #merman too.

Thank you! With any luck I'll actually be able to get into my game today. Spent yesterday going through my emails and writing segments of my Sims' stories. If that happens I will most certainly download them and find them a lot to live in. Unless, I get wild and crazy and have them join Erik's family so I can control things a bit. Nah, they're probably better off in their own place. I'll just sent them down to the PBP Studios so they can run into Erik. :)
  • Options
    Anyways, sorry about the shameless self promotion, but I would still love to see what my twins are up to in another save.

@GalacticGal If you uploaded Dylan and Zeph to your save, they could get Erik’s autograph that way. That way, you won’t lose control and we could still get a cross over screenshot.

That just might be doable. What cc do they need to look like themselves?

That’s the thing, I don’t use cc because I can’t use cc or mods. As long as you have the packs and kits, you have everything you need.

Outstanding!
  • Options
    @Metior_Ice Erik's Obsessed Fans have a tendency to be first of all very smelly, as if they never once used a toilet or a shower and they have a propensity for removing their clothing. All of it. :open_mouth: Sometimes, one or more of Erik's 'normal' fans get offended at this behavior and seek to 'remove' the problem by fighting with them. That's what I believe happened.

Relax, this was taken a few days ago and I haven't yet downloaded your wonderful twin Mermen. No worries. The Obsessed Fans are courtesy of the Road to Fame mod. Happily, Erik only has two or three of them. They like to leave little mementos for him. Tiered cakes, sometimes half-eaten, and plates of Ambrosia. And piles of trash. Not a nice look in front of the house. Erik sells the Ambrosia which nets him 2500 Simoleons a piece. Three nets him enough money to make an album.

After hearing about what exactly happened, I’m happy it wasn’t them. I sincerely hope Dylan and Zeph behave themselves. They are supposed to be well mannered. I can’t help but worry a bit, but I’m good and relaxed!

They are like my sons, you know. I hope they are fun to have around when you do include them!
  • Options
    @GalacticGal I’m even more impressed with Erik. He handles that chaos so well!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top