Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[OLD] Broken/Updated Mods & CC: July 26 '22 High School etc. Patch and August Patches

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Mod Updates
    Mod Updates from Chingyu

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    > @telemwill said:
    > Sims 4 Studio has been updated with the batch fix for CC Beds!!
    >
    > https://sims4studio.com/board/6/download-sims-studio-open-version

Do you know how to set the config path for MAC?

I don't. I am on PC and just ran the batch fix on my folder of CC beds.
  • Options
    @SIMMERSINCE05 Instructions should be on the site, but it should also autodetect unless you moved your folder out of the usual place.

Mod Updates
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    edited August 2022
    Updated for the pack: No CL/IL/SE NPC from simmytime https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=614664

Mikya also cleared her mods for the patch.
  • Options
    DarkAuditDarkAudit Posts: 169 Member
    Has anyone else had issues with Malwarebytes suddenly reporting S4S components as malware? Absolutely a false positive, but still.
  • Options
    megalizardon4736megalizardon4736 Posts: 7 New Member
    Chingyu's 100 Base Game Traits Pack v1 has been updated. https://www.patreon.com/posts/41969378
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    DarkAudit wrote: »
    GirafHuntr wrote: »
    Will EA's change to the number of days in age span mess with my MCCC custom settings, or revert them in any way? Or can we not be sure yet?
    I moved my existing MCCC config out of the way to start a save with all defaults. The lifespans were the usual MCCC defaults. Made a new no-mod save and the lifespans were the new EA settings. Edited my main MCCC config with the new lifespan numbers and went back to that first save. The lifespans were what I set them to.

So what I gather is MCCC settings take precedence, and until they update, you'll have to edit lifespans yourself to match the new EA numbers.

What exactly did you do? I play with custom age spans and MCCC too.
  • Options
    GirafHuntr wrote: »
    Will EA's change to the number of days in age span mess with my MCCC custom settings, or revert them in any way? Or can we not be sure yet?
    I moved my existing MCCC config out of the way to start a save with all defaults. The lifespans were the usual MCCC defaults. Made a new no-mod save and the lifespans were the new EA settings. Edited my main MCCC config with the new lifespan numbers and went back to that first save. The lifespans were what I set them to.

So what I gather is MCCC settings take precedence, and until they update, you'll have to edit lifespans yourself to match the new EA numbers.

What exactly did you do? I play with custom age spans and MCCC too.

DM sent as we were asked to take this issue elsewhere...
  • Options
    Thanks, @WildIrishBanshee! Hadn't seen that one from simmytime
    @DarkAudit I always have to click through warnings to download and install S4S.

Cleared by Creator
    • MIKYA - all mods

Mod Updates
    New for the Patch
    • MiniMod: Re-Roll Wants (Lumpinou)
      The game re-rolls wants when your Sim wakes up, so, that's cool, but if you don't want to wait until then, you can use this interaction.
  • Options
    @DarkAudit I always have to click through warnings to download and install S4S.

This one was different. A regular Malwarebytes scan reported .dll files from S4S as trojans. Most likely a wonky set of definitions as the scan the days before and after that one reported no threats.
  • Options
    TedSevereTedSevere Posts: 4 New Member
    Should I run the batch fix for cc beds even though I don't have the high school expansion? I have a ton of cc beds in my builds and don't want to screw them up. TIA.
  • Options
    KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    Has anyone else had issues with Malwarebytes suddenly reporting S4S components as malware? Absolutely a false positive, but still.

Most of the internet security programs (Windows, MacAfee, Norton, etc.) all will report S4S as being malware. It's because the version is so new. It happens with every update. (But I found that if I wait a day, which I often don't want to do, it will finally be accepted as not being "malicious.")
  • Options
    @TedSevere It's not necessary but it also won't do any harm.

Cleared by Creator
    • Scumbumbo team - Darker Progress Circle, Call Anytime + Relationship Mod, Keep Instruments in Inventory, Tuning Error Notifier

Mod Updates
    CC Updates
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,024 Member
    @luthienrising Just another quick thank you for organizing all these updates. This last patch has been rough!

@TedSevere I haven't purchased the HSY expansion yet, but I did the batch bed fix through S4S. I have backups of my original files and S4S also made a backup of the files it changed as well as a list log.
  • Options
    SarahLainaSarahLaina Posts: 36 Member
    Does anyone know if there’s a way that I can make it so that there at more students at school with my sim

• Options
    Ilkavelle is showing some aspirations as updated. These include Perfectly Balanced, Voice Virtuoso, Animal Behaviorist,Doctor Dolittle, and Certified Breeder.
  • Options
    @SarahLaina The number is limited by the total number of Sims on a lot
    Thank you, @telemwill!

Mod Updates
    CC Updates
  • Options
    TaylaPotaytaTaylaPotayta Posts: 11 New Member
    Hi all! Does Snowii95 have mod updates? I swear I saw them somewhere but for the life of me I cannot find them again. Unless I dreamt it haha
  • Options
    LoreaLorea Posts: 243 Member
    Hi all! Does Snowii95 have mod updates? I swear I saw them somewhere but for the life of me I cannot find them again. Unless I dreamt it haha

She started several pages and the promise of update came years ago, but it has been delayed ever since. But sometimes made new stuff. Her sites now: https://www.patreon.com/Snowiii95 and https://snowiii95.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    BrexoxoBrexoxo Posts: 228 Member
    I updated all my mods, but everytime l open my game, l get an exception that says "whim_tracker" with this message:The MCCC report says this:

Last Module Called: whims_tracker.py
    Last Function Called: _generate_whim_buckets_for_type_and_whimset
    Error message: Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception resuming Element (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'guid64'), CategoryID: whims_tracker:1354

Does anyone have any idea what this could be? This is quite annoying.
  • Options
    Brexoxo wrote: »
    I updated all my mods, but everytime l open my game, l get an exception that says "whim_tracker" with this message:The MCCC report says this:

Error message: Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception resuming Element (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'guid64'), CategoryID: whims_tracker:1354

Your best bet is to go to Deaderpool's discord and drop your LE into the error support chat. Someone there will help you.
  • Options
    LoreaLorea Posts: 243 Member
    Brexoxo wrote: »

I dealt the same error today, with 50/50 method I've found the mod which caused that (Better Elders Mod), it worth a try. :)
  • Options
    LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    edited August 2022
    > @luthienrising said:
    > @Chelsea2022 Backing up saves means to copy the Saves folder to outside the Sims 4 folder.
    >

Thanks so much. I know these are stupid questions, but I'm new in this and still learning. Sorry :)

"There is no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid answers". :)
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• Options
    Chelsea2022Chelsea2022 Posts: 5 New Member
    I have seen on the first page, that Slice of Life and the More Traits in CAS (so that the Sim has more than 3 Traits) are still not updated. Will there be updates. Also I don't see any Info on Road to Fame.

Also, my friend uses some special traits like Blind trait, Mute trait, and some other dissability traits (Autism). Can they still be used after the update (Blind trait is as I understood him a reward trait not CAS). Thanks in advance :)
  • Options
    I have seen on the first page, that Slice of Life and the More Traits in CAS (so that the Sim has more than 3 Traits) are still not updated. Will there be updates. Also I don't see any Info on Road to Fame.

Also, my friend uses some special traits like Blind trait, Mute trait, and some other dissability traits (Autism). Can they still be used after the update (Blind trait is as I understood him a reward trait not CAS). Thanks in advance :)

If the traits are the ones by Your False Hope they are compatible according to their Patreon. Road to Fame is listed as broken on Scarlet's page, but I think it has been broken for some time.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top