Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,849 Member
    edited August 2022
    @Metior_Ice Oh how I can relate to needing a vacation from family.😁 I think most of us can relate to that from time to time. In spite of those comments, I thoroughly love how close your merfamily is. It is heartwarming to see that, even if they are sims. Fantastic as always.
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    @GalacticGal When I seen the picture of Erik in his tux I couldn't help it, I heard that iconic lyric, "Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man". At this pace Erik is going to move past the need for an entire wing on the mansion for his awards, he'll have to open a gallery or something. Another excellent installment. You, @luciusstorm, and @Metior_Ice are all doing such fantastic jobs with your stories. You're all reminding me I need to quit worrying and get another episode of mine done. I've been really afraid to risk it, and I've had a ball going back and creating their teens selves and their parents. There'll be plenty of time in the future to go back in time and check in with girls when they really were girls, not the magnificent ladies they are.

Looking forward to the next installment.
    @Metior_Ice Oh how I can relate to needing a vacation from family.😁 I think most of us can relate to that from time to time. In spite of those comments, I thoroughly love how close your merfamily is. It is heartwarming to see that, even if they are sims. Fantastic as always.

@DaniRose2143 I don’t know what to say. Thank you for these comments. Just be careful loading the save.

They recommend setting the life span to a normal one to avoid the aging bug. Turning off aging still works! Maybe you can simulate a longer life span with the setting turned off for now.

A lot of stuff can be updated from the manage worlds screen.

—————

@DaniRose2143 Jade has surprised me with her independence. She has excellent self control when it comes to drinking plasma, and she autonomously maintains her higher grades without any intervention on my part.

I think of her being much more “grounded” than her magical family.

Believe it or not, the wind turbines from eco living can be upgraded to act like lightning rods that get supercharged when struck by lightning. Since merfolk can call a thunderstorm, they can utilize lightning to generate energy. If they have the storm chaser trait from seasons, they have a higher chance of being struck by lightning because they can maintain an active thunderstorm. Once struck by lightning twice with the storm chaser trait, they can perform the hidden interaction, “Bring the Lightning” to make lightning strike anywhere outside. Unfortunately, you can’t make lightning strike another sim with that ability.
  • Options
    Neighborhood stories has nearly taken out all the premades in my game. Max Villarreal is one of the few premades left, and the game gave him a husband. I wonder if adoption has somehow extended his lifetime?
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    Happy Page 1000, What Happened In Your Game Today!

That's 25000 posts, wow! People have shared so many stories here over the past 6 years. Let's look back....

On page 1, back in May 2016:
    @Simmerella started the thread with a story about the troubles in the Pancakes' marriage, inspiring another player to play the Pancakes more.
    @fullspiral shared a stunning restaurant build. Compliments were exchanged.
    @SimFan298 was delighted at the appearance of a positive thread, since there were so many negative ones! (Me too, SimFan298!)
    @EnkiSchmidt shared about building a very creative gym with age-specific doors and a children's adventure area-- and the descendants of the premades who like to play there.
    @GalacticGal was sad that she didn't get to play that day.

On page 101 (October 2017) @RedDestiny92 shared a creepy vampire tale and @DoodlyDoofus 's legacy heir Diamond got abducted by aliens

By page 501 (November 2019) people had started using spoilers to aid in easy reading of the thread, although not everyone was doing it yet, and people like @AlwaysAsking and @DoloresGrey were writing friendly comments on the stories posted to say what they enjoyed and wondered.
    Also, I had no idea @Kimmer and Stanley went that far back, but I'm happy that they do.

On page 801 (November 2020) people shared COVID-related encouragement with one another, @HillyBeth 's Ben Cole passed away (perhaps not for the first or last time?), a patch day caused trouble for many, and @Metior_Ice was setting up some builds for Dylan and Zephyr's story.

And here we are on Page 1000 in August 2022!

Let's continue to share lots of creativity and joy on here!

• Options
    edited August 2022
    @Metior_Ice I play with aging off almost exclusively, though I have turned it on a couple of times. The last time I did I left it on long and I got hit with the aging bug. It wasn't going to be any real issue since my sims wouldn't have taken the next step. I did not know that about the wind turbines, but that is an awesome way to save money on the bills! Frugal, theatrical, and flashy!😲 Yeahhhh, I'll let myself out😊....

I am now back in Tartosa for awhile to get another episode of Tartosan Sun ready and to get a head start on the next. Neither one will be the big wedding episode but it is getting closer and closer.

aJuvP2c.png?1
    cHB2T20.png?1

This will be a big one just the same. It's the reconciliation between Londyn and her parents, and they get to meet Danielle for the first time also.
    hjottok.png?1
    vzFmvET.png?1

I couldn't resist having adult Danielle and Londyn recreate a couple of photos their teen selves posed for.
    KwrqTN7.png?1
    x5TymwV.png?1
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    Well, I played the Pleasant family through for a while, to the point that toddlers who had just become children were celebrating their teen birthdays. Then all of the teens -- all four of them -- died of starvation despite being in good shape. One of them was even pursuing a culinary aspiration, so she literally cooks twice a day. I left without saving, and -- aww, the teenagers were still toddlers the last time I played. Tried it again and only one of the teens died of starvation this time, at least at first. I resurrected him with cheats, and then many years later (his baby siblings became teenagers themselves) also began dying. Before this I had an ....interesting bug in which, when I took a new sim to the dresser to set their clothing, they appeared in CAS as...kids. And their younger brother, who had aged from toddler to kid, was now a toddler again. When I backed out, I noticed that it wasn't just an age-up snafu: one of the teens, Rachel, had dated four different people and now only one of them appeared in the relationship panel.

I am not encouraged about buying high school years. :D
  • Options
    @GalacticGal I was going to plan a special update to make up for a lack of responses to your posts. I’ve just started to catch up on Erik’s story, and I’m loving the updates!

My question for you: Is it possible to upload an unmodded version of Erik so Dylan and Zeph can get his autograph?
  • Options
    So, this is something I noticed after the update. My merfolk have started using their phones in the water! :D But, I can't actually make them do this.

52253611207_8a46dc938c_b.jpg

52254577226_26e6c387d5_b.jpg

In regards to wants:

Kemps has been getting pretty handy after the stereos keep braking from music playing. :D I guess that's the price of wanting to listen to different radio stations. lol

52253611022_db6ecd0617_h.jpg

I forgot a few extras.

I've had Calum work on his Musical Genius Aspiration too.

52253610952_bb6152d666_b.jpg

Despite how Jade feels about her parents, Calum is looking out for her. While she was at school, Calum called a rainstorm. The clouds protected Jade from the sizzling sun.

52254577056_860a00f815_b.jpg
  • Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Spent the last few days building this High School...
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Princesss wrote: »
    Lovely screenshots. I love how you not only captured their beauty and feelings for each other but also caught the beautiful sun in the background. A breathtakingly beautiful scene.

@Princesss Thank you so much. As a hopeless romantic I love having sunsets in my romantic screenshots, but I do need to find some other backdrops too. I'm getting a little too predictable.🙂
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,641 Member
    Today in the Sims I discovered that my main save might be corrupted. It takes forever for anything to load and lags so much as to be unplayable... but when I went back to old saves the other day, to great some additional screen caps for Wyrd Girls, it wasn't as bad. So, hopefully I can salvage this. I have tons of backup saves.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    @GalacticGal I was going to plan a special update to make up for a lack of responses to your posts. I’ve just started to catch up on Erik’s story, and I’m loving the updates!

My question for you: Is it possible to upload an unmodded version of Erik so Dylan and Zeph can get his autograph?

I'm so glad you're enjoying the updates. I was having a hard time sleeping at night and my hubby asked me what was troubling me. I simply said I don't know. But it was the fact that up until yesterday, I really hadn't written what was going on in the Flashback. It occurred to me I should write it down so I don't forget as the game progresses. I did have one segment written, but it was narrative and no pictures. In other words, I hated it. So, I sat down and wrote the first two segments, then decided I had to write about the Prom and the Accolade. Once I did that I felt compelled to play the game, at least for a short time.

As for Erik being unmodded — Hm. I do know that if you don't have MCCC installed, he won't have certain skills. some he gained along the way. Also, he won't have any Professional Singer skills, or modeling skill, either. He also won't have his albums, but that's because the Road to Fame mod is where he gets those. I'm thinking since he won't even have what's in his personal inventory, all I might need to do is upload his Teen Self to the Gallery? He got his celebrity via Get Famous, so that shouldn't change. I don't know about the rest. But I can upload him today and you can let me know if he shows up unmodded or not. If there's something else I should do, let me know. I rarely upload anything to the Gallery, mostly just to My Library.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    @GalacticGal I don’t want to water down Erik’s character, so it’s up to you.

It does sound like a lot of what makes Erik who he is will be taken away once the mods are gone.

I think his Celebrity Status would be enough for an autograph, but… It’s ultimately up to you.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Well, I played the Pleasant family through for a while, to the point that toddlers who had just become children were celebrating their teen birthdays. Then all of the teens -- all four of them -- died of starvation despite being in good shape. One of them was even pursuing a culinary aspiration, so she literally cooks twice a day. I left without saving, and -- aww, the teenagers were still toddlers the last time I played. Tried it again and only one of the teens died of starvation this time, at least at first. I resurrected him with cheats, and then many years later (his baby siblings became teenagers themselves) also began dying. Before this I had an ....interesting bug in which, when I took a new sim to the dresser to set their clothing, they appeared in CAS as...kids. And their younger brother, who had aged from toddler to kid, was now a toddler again. When I backed out, I noticed that it wasn't just an age-up snafu: one of the teens, Rachel, had dated four different people and now only one of them appeared in the relationship panel.

I am not encouraged about buying high school years. :D

Oh, wow. Do you have Mods? If you do remove them and try again. I fully understand any reluctance on your part. I won't touch my Main Save, since I left it on Long, never dreaming such a problem as this would suddenly afflict this Community. I do have a back up, but since I have to be in the save to change a setting, just turning off aging could be problematic. I use the MCCC mod, so I could reset their ages to where they left off, however, at this moment in time I couldn't tell you just how many days into the age level any of them are! Quite the conundrum. But this Erik Cantrell has won 20 Best Song Accolades to date, and I discovered one song he wrote I'd forgotten about. I had him license it and he's nominated again. The most Accolades he's had in the last three iterations of him. Not willing to mess that up. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    Today in the Sims I discovered that my main save might be corrupted. It takes forever for anything to load and lags so much as to be unplayable... but when I went back to old saves the other day, to great some additional screen caps for Wyrd Girls, it wasn't as bad. So, hopefully I can salvage this. I have tons of backup saves.

@luciusstorm I’m looking forward to the next update. I wish the best for restoring the save.
  • Options
    edited August 2022

It does sound like a lot of what makes Erik who he is will be taken away once the mods are gone.

I think his Celebrity Status would be enough for an autograph, but… It’s ultimately up to you.

I will let you know when I upload him. :) Just, please keep him Straight. This segment of the population deserves to be included, too.

Water down, interesting verbiage, given you have Merfolk in your game. ;)
  • Options

I am so sorry to hear that. And I do hope you can salvage it. Been there and done that, myself. I am the Queen of Restarts! (And, not always by choice.)
  • Options
    @GalacticGal When I seen the picture of Erik in his tux I couldn't help it, I heard that iconic lyric, "Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man". At this pace Erik is going to move past the need for an entire wing on the mansion for his awards, he'll have to open a gallery or something. Another excellent installment. You, @luciusstorm, and @Metior_Ice are all doing such fantastic jobs with your stories. You're all reminding me I need to quit worrying and get another episode of mine done. I've been really afraid to risk it, and I've had a ball going back and creating their teens selves and their parents. There'll be plenty of time in the future to go back in time and check in with girls when they really were girls, not the magnificent ladies they are.

Looking forward to the next installment.

Thank you so much. He does clean up nicely, doesn't he. :) So glad you enjoyed it. I almost waited until today to post it, since I wrote All for now on the second post. Something told me to go ahead. So I listened to that little voice. I just knew I couldn't go onto play the game until this was all written up. Thanks again.
  • Options
    @GalacticGal I don’t intend to change his character, but I did want to try and do something with getting an autograph.

His presence in my game will probably be temporary. I won’t be able to do anything for a week. I have some family things coming up that will keep me away from the game.

We’ll see what happens.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top