Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you use snowball / water balloon fight ?

Comments

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,236 Member
    edited July 2022
    No
    No, I gave up.

The animation is too slow and not fun to watch like TS3.
    I prefer the style of The Sims 2 and The Sims FreePlay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EGIgm053xM
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    Yes
    Snowballfights, yes. I particularly like the animation when a sim pelts another sim with snow and the facial expression of the victim. But the actual exchange of snowballs was indeed done better in Sims 2. Way more dynamic.

I can remember only one instance of a waterballoon fight at a nudist beach. (Give me water pistols instead, please!)
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Yes
    I have actually used water balloon fight quite a lot lately and I did use snowball fight once or twice during the last winter in my game. I wish there were more games for children to play outside together, but since there isn't I'm using the options we have.

Mud fights... not that much :lol:
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    very rarely cause i forget its a thing

I think last time was when i was playing Henford Gossip story at like start of it with Simon and Cecilia enjoying winter

maybe now that you mentioned it i will remember its option again :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Yes
    I use the snowball fight a lot because it's something kids can do together. I haven't used the water balloon fight much because it seems slow.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Yes
    Yes, because I use mods that produce better animations :D Sadly the modder delisted the mod, and no longer avialble for download, which is why I am never removing it in my game ahaha. In that mod, sims are able to throw snow/water balloon without stopping and continously
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    Yes
    Yea during summer and winter solstices in my game I usually have the family do a water baloon or snowball fight~
  • Options
    Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,168 Member
    No
    No, I gave up.

Exactly. There are so many things like this in the game. Even when I'd like my Sims to do 'fun' activities, they take so long that it messes up the overall timing. Doing 1/4 of a 'fun' activity per day seems rather spare.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Yes
    Mostly water balloon fights but the pathing can be so silly. The WB bucket looks cute in the backyard & parks during spring/summer.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    No
    No because I always forget about them lol.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    Yes
    Of course. That's like the closest to old kid's games that we have. It's nice to have siblings of different ages play together.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Yes
    Occasionally. I am glad they got rid of the silly running like crazy.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    lexibeelexibee Posts: 163 Member
    Yes
    When I'm playing with kid sims yeah I use those interactions quite frequently during the summer and winter. It's one of the only activities that can be done with more than 4 sims. So many activities are locked to a max of 4 sims, which is hard to work around when my sims friend groups are usually around 5 sims. Someone is always getting left out otherwise.
  • Options
    Mr_MuffinTopMr_MuffinTop Posts: 131 Member
    No
    The last couple of time I used it my sims did absolutely nothing, so I stopped trying to use it.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,140 Member
    I do but with a mod. Without the mod both of those are fairly useless because they're boring.
  • Options
    Yes
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    I do but with a mod. Without the mod both of those are fairly useless because they're boring.

Which mod do you use?
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited July 2022
    Yes
    telemwill wrote: »

Which mod do you use?

Bienchen has a mod for it, I haven't tried it yet, but I have D/L'd and will try it myself.

It's called "moredynamicballfights"

The Description States:
    Reduces the idle time spans during a snowball/waterballon/mudfight.

It's about 1/2 way down the page ..... https://bienchen.sems-own-world.de/seasons/
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Yes
    telemwill wrote: »

Which mod do you use?

Bienchen has a mod for it, I haven't tried it yet, but I have D/L'd and will try it myself.

It's called "moredynamicballfights"

The Description States:
    Reduces the idle time spans during a snowball/waterballon/mudfight.

It's about 1/2 way down the page ..... https://bienchen.sems-own-world.de/seasons/

Thanks!

I use many of her mods, but I missed this one.
  • Options
    Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    Yes
    Snowball fight I use regularly at Yukimatsu festival, because they get sentiment after that. Water balloons fight I use when my sim happened to be on the lot in summer which spawns them. I also put them on rentals in Sulani. I like watching sims having fun, even if that is not the most dynamic activity in the world.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    No
    I tried them once and never again for how slow and poorly animated they are.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    No
    No, I gave up.

This.
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    No
    Once, but there's just something off about it with how mechanically scripted the whole thing looks.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,977 Member
    I forget to use them, will have to remember to do that with children and teens clubs.
  • Options
    JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 910 Member
    I never use snow ball fight, but I'll use water balloon fights only on the summer holiday.
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg