Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 High School Year's Negative thread

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    lunaoddity wrote: »
    Sara1010P wrote: »
    Just looked at the HSY's picture thread. The photo booth has the romantic poses I wanted from the Moschino Stuff pack. So after 3 packs (including base game) related to in-game photography they finally made it work. Fingers crossed for a patch to add the photo booth to the BG someday. Like they did with Get to Work's photography studio.

I just wish the photos from the photo booth were bigger.

Did you try resizing the photos using the Shift + ] keys? Though I guess that could make the image blurry.

They are not blurry. Here they are enlarged and the image appears OK.

Iq34Efm.png
  • Options
    MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member
    When I was in school, and mind you I graduated in 1986, we had gym class everyday. I hated it, and my sims hate the exercise task everyday also. I can see maybe once or twice a week, but not everyday.

In my country we have gym classes only once a week.
  • Options
    CarpeNocheSimsCarpeNocheSims Posts: 158 Member
    > @gc6164 said:
    > Are the shadows still really dark at mid-day in Copperdale like in the early access or was this fixed? Can someone with the pack answer this please :smile:

I'm having a hard time building because of the lighting being so off in this world. The shadows are very dark and the entire world has this greenish/gray overtone. I have to change the lot daylight to afternoon just so I can see the colors of the siding properly. It reminds me of Willow Creek before they adjusted the lighting there.
  • Options
    GoddessBylineGoddessByline Posts: 281 Member
    edited July 2022
    Now I've had time to play around a bit, and my first and biggest peeve is the lighting in the game. For me who is old and have poor eyes sight, I don't see anything in the world unless it's mid-day and sunny. In build mode it's especially noticeable. Hope the community comes up with a fix for this soon, because I'm not holding my breath that EAMaxis will.

This is how my game looks in the morning. In the evening and night it's pitch black. Daytime have starch, very black shadows that looks very unnatural.

PYLbOXa.png
    I don't use CC so if you see something in a screenshot of mine, it's from the game.
    EA Account (Gallery) ID: BylineBelife
  • Options
    gc6164gc6164 Posts: 516 Member
    edited July 2022
    Now I've had time to play around a bit, and my first and biggest peeve is the lighting in the game. For me who is old and have poor eyes sight, I don't see anything in the world unless it's mid-day and sunny. In build mode it's especially noticeable. Hope the community comes up with a fix for this soon, because I'm not holding my breath that EAMaxis will.

This is how my game looks in the morning. In the evening and night it's pitch black. Daytime have starch, very black shadows that looks very unnatural.

PYLbOXa.png

Yes this is just as annoying to me as the age up bug, now we have graphic bugs as well as gameplay bugs! LOL I think I'm going to be staying on the werewolf update for a long time :neutral:
    rqjiqrf78ux6.gif

• Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    Looks like you can't have clubs in HS.. Can't gather or create one lol.
  • Options
    DarrenDarren Posts: 129 Member
    sam123 wrote: »
    Looks like you can't have clubs in HS.. Can't gather or create one lol.

Yes, its not possible but there is kinda sorta a glitchy workaround.
    https://youtu.be/fW81xvuSRNo

Or of course wait for modders to enable it.
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    The more I see the more I am sure that I wont be touching this buggy, poorly planned thing with a 10 foot pole. Last update added enough bugs and disappointment, I have no need for even more.
    I feel really sorry for those who were looking forward to teen gameplay and were served...whatever madness this is.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited July 2022
    I wasn't intending for my sims to go to the first prom, but one of their friends invited them to go as friends.
    07-30-22_5-10-13_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I saw it as a good chance to adjust the lighting in the building.
    07-30-22_5-14-16_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

It was very nice and I got to try out the effects machine from Get Famous.
    07-30-22_5-18-09_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

It was all going to plan until this sim, who didn't even dress appropriately for prom, interrupts the principle's speech, announcing the prom royalty, just to take a picture in the photo booth.
    07-30-22_5-36-05_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

and then it was over.
    Nice job ruining prom, Carrie.
    07-30-22_5-36-39_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

This had better be a rare fluke.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    edited July 2022
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Just looked at the HSY's picture thread. The photo booth has the romantic poses I wanted from the Moschino Stuff pack. So after 3 packs (including base game) related to in-game photography they finally made it work. Fingers crossed for a patch to add the photo booth to the BG someday. Like they did with Get to Work's photography studio.

I just wish the photos from the photo booth were bigger.

Did you try resizing the photos using the Shift + ] keys? Though I guess that could make the image blurry.

They are not blurry. Here they are enlarged and the image appears OK.

Iq34Efm.png

Thanks! Here you go @Sara1010P :)

Edit: Use
    Shift + ]

to enlarge your pictures.
    Post edited by lunaoddity on
  • Options
    rachelwolferachelwolfe Posts: 110 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    Beautiful day!
    Let's go for a jog, Nanami.
    07-29-22_5-59-51_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Nanami... the track is over there.
    07-29-22_6-00-17_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Where are you going, Nanami?
    07-29-22_6-01-27_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Nanamiiiiiiii...
    07-29-22_6-01-52_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Oh man, I ran into something just like this with the bike path in the downtown area! There is a wooden bike path, clearly labelled with bicycle signs, so I thought, "let's get Ashe a bike!" Told them to ride around on bike, and they went basically everywhere EXCEPT the bike path. Let's hope the refresh this pack badly needs and hopefully will get someday includes "jog on track" and "ride on bike path" interactions.
  • Options
    Also we can't use laptops on the bed.. I'm very confused as this was advertised. Is this a bug?
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Umm.. Can we please tone down the prom days, why is it every Saturday, Yes in American high schools we have multiple dances but it'd be better to see those instead of just prom and more spaced out, like winter dance in winter, homecoming in spring or a week after your new teen starts school, prom in the summer.

I also think we should have active school activities, or at least sports, instead of rabbit holes. Cheer and football practice being at the high school lot, and even adding another sport like basketball, swim, band or so at least. Then maybe incorporating this into the university pack.

The pack is okay but the trailer definitely overhyped it and its a bit disappointing that we've kinda been shorted in this pack...

We should at the very least be able to turn off prom days for our sims. If we had the option to do this we can set it for before our teens age up in our own personal game so that prom feels like it is something to actually plan out. At the moment we get it every week and yes we don't need to go but we get the option to go every week which is very annoying and seems like a massive oversight.

At the moment my teen sim needs to skip 3 proms as the one she should go to happens on the 4th week right before she ages up.
  • Options
    SimoReapSimoReap Posts: 6 New Member
    Went from wondering what else I could enjoy to what else is broken! Like hours after I tested out the pack. Worst thing in my mind is that feels like the new stuff is forcing your world to think or feel a certain way when games like this you should be at the controls. Taking away the ability for me to decide what gender my created Sims like makes me feel violated. Not to mention the obvious bugs and issues with Sims feelings and moods. I kind of want my $40 back to be honest. There really needs to be a standard on what is acceptable and what isn't in this field.
  • Options
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    We can no longer choose which gender our sims are attracted to? LOL!!! Well, I guess I'll just make my entire Sim World all men. LOL!! Hey, my Sim World...My Choice. Right? #WokeSims

I'm sorry, what do you mean? You can now choose what gender your sim is attracted to. That's the point of the update. Is it not working for you? :(
    I wish that was true but Sims seem to be crushing on any Sim usually the first Sim I have them simply talk to even when you have them set to be attracted to the opposite sex. Crushes need to be patched to actually work with the new system.

I made my teen sim a straight CIS female and her first crush was another female lmao. I think this system is broken...
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Sorwaitte wrote: »
    So...if this particular thread is still alive...am I the only one a little disappointed with how small the unoccupied residential lots are?

No, I was really upset about the small lots occupied or otherwise. I like to have plenty of room for a pool, etc but these lots are pretty small. The biggest one is 30x30. I can work with it but still smaller than I would like.

I also don't like the lighting. It turns my porch navy blue which is weird.

I haven't played the game yet due to all the bugs.
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    edited July 2022
    I found that my teen sims were receiving romantic relationship points from the Bunny app posts that didn't match with their sexual identity. I also think its broken.
  • Options
    SimoReapSimoReap Posts: 6 New Member
    > @Kironide said:
    > I found that my teen sims were receiving romantic relationship points from the Bunny app posts that didn't match with their sexual identity. I also think its broken.

I noticed that you cannot set your own sims Gender preference in CAS anymore. So yeah, totally broken.
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    edited July 2022
    SimoReap wrote: »
    > @Kironide said:
    > I found that my teen sims were receiving romantic relationship points from the Bunny app posts that didn't match with their sexual identity. I also think its broken.

I noticed that you cannot set your own sims Gender preference in CAS anymore. So yeah, totally broken.

Interesting...Is that also including the cas.fulleditmode cheat? I haven't tried to create new sims as everything is functioning so badly.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I wasn't intending for my sims to go to the first prom, but one of their friends invited them to go as friends.
    07-30-22_5-10-13_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I saw it as a good chance to adjust the lighting in the building.
    07-30-22_5-14-16_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

It was very nice and I got to try out the effects machine from Get Famous.
    07-30-22_5-18-09_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

It was all going to plan until this sim, who didn't even dress appropriately for prom, interrupts the principle's speech, announcing the prom royalty, just to take a picture in the photo booth.
    07-30-22_5-36-05_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

and then it was over.
    Nice job ruining prom, Carrie.
    07-30-22_5-36-39_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

This had better be a rare fluke.

That's a pretty dull prom. I only see about fourteen Sims (was that the amount that attended?) instead of the promised twenty Sims per lot.

I also can't understand why Maxis who built TS3 didn't set a timer like in TS3's events or lots for the place to start slowly clearing out as it got closer and closer to 2 A.M. then close the event at a certain time instead of it ending because somebody took a photo in the photo booth. What would happen if you removed the photo booth? Would the prom go on all night? lol

Where was the crazy stuff that happened at the proms I attended. There was always somone spiking the punch....someone drinking too much of it, somebody making out in a broom closet, somebody making a fool out of themselves by doing a Saturday Night Fever dance solo in the middle of the floor, and or dancing on the tables, falling off, and the mean girl snobs in the bathroom? That's the kind of proms I attended. Somebody showed up in the same dress. Somebody was mad because their ex was there with a new date. Somebody was crying over it, and or getting even and making an A out of themselves. No drama? No special break up to make up at prom drama?? Lol this looks pretty dull to me.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    DarrenDarren Posts: 129 Member
    SimoReap wrote: »
    > @Kironide said:

Yeah, that was obvious in lilsimsies early access stream where she spend several episodes to flirt message Ashe with a female sim, getting the romance bar to half and only later found out that Ashe is not interested in female romances (which did not prevent her from Ashe asking her to be her girlfriend for some reason)
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    07-30-22-6-47-30-AM.png
    They put monkey bars on a high school campus like I feared. Teens can't use this, right? I was hoping they wouldn't because I notice they put them in every world and don't give new playground equipment. I wish they would create outdoor pull up bars, that the teens and older ages could use for exercise. I would replace the monkey bars with pull up bars.
    afae83b4abee0f8d08a49163f63d7359.jpg
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Beautiful day!
    Let's go for a jog, Nanami.

Oh man, I ran into something just like this with the bike path in the downtown area! There is a wooden bike path, clearly labelled with bicycle signs, so I thought, "let's get Ashe a bike!" Told them to ride around on bike, and they went basically everywhere EXCEPT the bike path. Let's hope the refresh this pack badly needs and hopefully will get someday includes "jog on track" and "ride on bike path" interactions.

Oh no, that was something I wanted my sims to travel on with their bikes. :/

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    GoddessBylineGoddessByline Posts: 281 Member
    Look at the ugly, black shadows when building. This is unacceptable.

I8S1gAH.jpg
    I don't use CC so if you see something in a screenshot of mine, it's from the game.
    EA Account (Gallery) ID: BylineBelife
  • Options
    MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member
    sam123 wrote: »
    Also we can't use laptops on the bed.. I'm very confused as this was advertised. Is this a bug?

Really? That could have been one of my selling points when the pack is on sale.

I didn't play the game for a while. I had no ideas what to play. Last week on patchday I gave it another chance. I was very dissapointed even if I didn't buy HSY.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top