Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

To Fellow LGBTQ+ Players, Do You Primarily Play LGBTQ+ coded Sims?

To say I've seen a lot of... transphobia and homophobia in the forums and Twitter is an understatement. I wanted to ask fellow LGBTQ+ players if they also played these types of Sims/families, since the orientation update is coming soon. Jerks need not apply.

To Fellow LGBTQ+ Players, Do You Primarily Play LGBTQ+ coded Sims? 64 votes

Yes
57%
Magdaleenaalanmichael1YautjagirlJonathan777taydevKurotardOnverserSorak4LatinaBunnySims4MagicalTalesQueenMercyQuaayFlapLSM36calipossDaniRose2143thatsnotswegsuperkyle221grassharpSERVERFRA 37 votes
No
42%
alexspoom13ZorgaSnuffyBucketsimgirl1010friendlysimmersDiS02Khrisstynefallenangel66halloweenchildpammiechickPenguinFoopAstroEnkiSchmidtMonaveilMadachan88Amapola76SeashoreLiviaGordyAngeliqueAdelaideKimmer 27 votes

Comments

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    edited July 2022
    No
    I can't say "primarily," but having LGBTQ+ sims randomly appear in my game is really important to me.
    I roll for gender identity at the child birthday and sexual orientation at the teen birthday and I use proportions pretty similar to the general population when doing that, so I end up with a majority of cisgender and heterosexual sims, but a pretty significant minority of other identities too.

(I am cisgender and bi/pansexual in real life.)
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Yes
    I only play gay men - now only with body hair 😍
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I just want the option to play like I intend to. Whether I personally like males or females in real life. I want my straights straight, my gays gay and my bisexuals to be just that. I have LGBT character's with straight parents and siblings. Some are the matriarch/patriarch of their family. I have gay and straight celebrity sims like Ru Paul, Ellen, Frank Ocean, Bob Harper, Steph Curry, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Snoop Dogg and Oprah. They don't have homes but they are extras in my sims world. I will assign their real life sexual orientations when I get the update. They have a whole mod to make sims homophobic, if someone wants that but I know this game isn't about to add anything like that because they don't even let sims fight without shaking hands afterwards.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    Well I guess I play mostly straights tbh but also some gay lesbian and pan and its kinda just determined by what kind of premades they add since i play mainly premade families and don't change much of them

can't say ive made much trans sims cause idk I just haven't really thought of doing so i guess

as for me myself i do consider myself to be asexual but tbh rest of it is just insert confusion

I don't actually play ace sims much cause idk its just kinda like i don't really make many sims like myself i have enough of existing as me irl and therefore i tend to explore other things in game
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    No
    Depends on where the story takes me. Some of my favorite couples have been f/f couples.
  • Options
    Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    Yes
    All the time. Asexual is the default Sim I play with.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    No
    No, sometimes if the story goes that way then yes.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    edited July 2022
    No
    Not primarily, but I have few LGBTQ+ Sims and families in my saves. One of my oldest and favorite households is actually a gay couple and their two children.
    Post edited by Kimmer on
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Yes
    I mostly play Asexual & Hetro so this will be so much appreciated for my sims.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    edited July 2022
    Pretty much all my sims are bi, but I rarely specifically play LGBTQ+ it's just how I see my game world.
    Post edited by musteni on
  • Options
    SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,771 Member
    Yes
    Most of my sims are LGBTQ+, and every main protagonist of one of my SimLit series is trans or nonbinary. It’s not particularly often that a character will strike me as straight. Out of all my characters I think I have about 4 who are straight.
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    Yes
    I don't make the majority of my sims LGBT+ but I end up playing mostly with those who are.
    Happy simming!
  • Options
    rubygloomzrubygloomz Posts: 8 New Member
    Yes
    as a lesbian, i must admit i do make most of my sims lesbians or sapphics in one way or another :3
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    No
    Some, but not primarily.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,235 Member
    I don't define myself, just I am who I am.

My sims are like me, just they live their life.
  • Options
    Dragonfire2lmDragonfire2lm Posts: 158 Member
    Yes
    All the sims I play are one of two mindsets-

"This is my self-insert OC/this is me as a sim but cooler"

or

"This is an OC from one of my fanfics"

And all of them are demisexual and demiromantic...as in I don't have them flirt with/romance another sim until the friendship meter is maxed out and/or they're best friends...

I'm mostly a goal orientated player wherein I do certain things per playthrough, like get all the plants, or do a certain aspiration, or whatever. Not much of a story driven one.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,858 Member
    Yes
    I do primarily play LGBTQIA sims. Almost every save starts with some version of my favorite sim, and I play her as lesbian in the majority of cases. Most of my stories have multiple LGBTQIA couples or single sims. I don't play transgender or intersex sims because the options for depicting a male assigned sim who presents as female aren't very good. I was hoping the inclusion of the trans pride flag in the roadmap promo graphic was a sign that this issue was going to be addressed, but it isn't. Not in this update anyway.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    No
    as a player of the sims for my sims single life only raising there family if i make a single parent with sims kids
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    dominoes007dominoes007 Posts: 21 Member
    Yes
    I mainly make homosexual or bisexual men. I actually find it a little difficult to make heterosexual characters, and even when I do, their children generally all end up LGBTQIA.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Yes
    Always, my game is concerningly undiverse. When I’m making townies though I don’t make them with the idea that they’re going to be attracted to either, I just place them in and watch who they flirt with. Yesterday in my game I saw a female townie that I made autonomously romantic dancing with another female sim which I thought was sweet
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    edited July 2022
    No
    I self identify as male, but am still biologically female (no surgery or hormone replacement). Because of my personal experience when I feel a sim is a different gender than what they were born with, I take them into cas.fulleditmode and give them a one-click, pain-free full switch to what they feel they should be. Darling Walsh always gets that treatment (FtM), and I also give Lia Hauata the feminine frame, reasoning that trans sims have access to alien tech that allows for a full chromosome replacement. It's my personal utopia.

I have a smattering of queer sims, mostly gay men, a single aromantic/heterosexuell sim (for whom I'm very excited about the upcoming sexuality options) and two nonbinary sims. But the majority are cis/hetero, albeit open for experimenting.
    Post edited by EnkiSchmidt on
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    edited July 2022
    No
    I play rotationally, with the played households basically maxed out, and part of my big picture goal has always been to have a world full of sims that represent the world I live in, full of sims of all races and religions, household compositions, income levels, and yes, identities and orientations. That being said, the LGBTQ+ population in my game is probably around 20% of my played households, so a bit higher than IRL (though probably representative of my friends/family/neighborhood).

ETA: I also create most of my sims/couples/families with a strong sense of who they are, but I do also sometimes just let my sims tell me who they are.
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,936 Member
    Yes
    So happens to be that a majority of my original Sims are gay, or trans, for one reason or another, but a majority of my neighbourhoods CAS Sims just aren't.

I'd say "yes" only by the fact 90% of my custom created Sims are intentionally disallowed from romance since seeing the Sim celebrities I've had would feel wrong otherwise.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,658 Member
    I primarily play characters and stories that are romance/woohoo light, and generally don’t play families. I’m ace, so I’m sure that’s a factor in my game choices, but I don’t set out to play ace characters. I have two main characters in game that are intentionally ace for story reasons, another is in a hetero relationship, and another is a player. A few others have families and partners because it’s appropriate to the story. The rest stay single or partner up however the game wants them to.

So, I would say that my being ace affects my play choices, but I’m not generally setting out to create representation in an all ace world.
  • Options
    YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    Yes
    I try to aim for realistic balance between straight/LGBTQA+ sims, so I have a fair amount of bisexual & gay sims. I created 98% of my playable sims & townies and all of them have backstories and assigned sexuality (through mod for now, after the update I will update them in the new CAS UI) for kids who will age up to a teen after the update I will let them decide on their own through gameplay.