Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some trivial things that annoy you?

Comments

• Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    They nerfed the calls for Windenburg Raves, and you can't even start a Rave yourself.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    edited July 2022
    There's a kid who steps inside my house- inside, mind you- and spills paint all over.

It happens almost every day.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I know it'll never be possible, but it annoys me there are SO many great werewolf forms for Sims by extremely talented Simmers on the Gallery that I would LOVE to use for one of my current Sim's form, but I can't. The forms are tied to the Sim they were made for. I understand why, it just bums me out. Ah well...
  • Options
    Vampires are not feared. I get some want it and some don't, I just want the option to be spooky and not constantly called for being bad.

Spooky stuff isn't a very creepy pack, either. And Temperance is obviously just a nuisance more than anything. I would like it to be harder to stop her, like get into a little fight or something.

And I don't want free earbuds. I usually just set them down and sell them in buy mode.

Since I'm on a roll, I would rather have a remake of island paradise from TS3 than Island living, cleaning up the ocean and all that stuff isn't as fun as deep sea diving and discovering islands and escaping the kraken! Who cares about collecting trash, I want to find treasure.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Vampires are not feared. I get some want it and some don't, I just want the option to be spooky and not constantly called for being bad.

Spooky stuff isn't a very creepy pack, either. And Temperance is obviously just a nuisance more than anything. I would like it to be harder to stop her, like get into a little fight or something.

And I don't want free earbuds. I usually just set them down and sell them in buy mode.

Since I'm on a roll, I would rather have a remake of island paradise from TS3 than Island living, cleaning up the ocean and all that stuff isn't as fun as deep sea diving and discovering islands and escaping the kraken! Who cares about collecting trash, I want to find treasure.

I wish we could set our sims' fears. Some could fear various occults, or all occults, while others could be fascinated. Only some need to fear thunderstorms after the child stage.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member

I feel the same with werewolves too, like I enjoy that they can terrorise sims, but it's not as autonomous as I'd like nor rewarding enough. This also goes for Greg, I think it was this or another thread where I lamented the fact that for all his hype of being a "terrifying" werewolf all he does just causes sims to become terrified and run away, instead of randomly menacing them.

In short, a lot of the scarier elements that exist within TS4 doesn't feel scary enough, idk just feels very shallow and not scary at all. I'm not asking for a horror game, idk just something that is genuinely unsettling.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited July 2022
    It annoys the absolute ever-loving bejeesus out of me when sims will opt to grab snacks from the fridge instead of meal leftovers when they're hungry. I know this has been an issue for a while now, but since the release of Werewolves, I feel that it has gotten worse.

I love that werewolves can hunt and get raw meat, what annoys me is when my non-werewolf sim's spouse goes to the fridge and tries to eat the stores of raw meat, like excuse me, you will get incredibly sick if you eat that. Oh so now you want to complain that you're sick from eating raw meat, well whose fault was that then Sharon? -_- ffs
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options

I feel the same with werewolves too, like I enjoy that they can terrorise sims, but it's not as autonomous as I'd like nor rewarding enough. This also goes for Greg, I think it was this or another thread where I lamented the fact that for all his hype of being a "terrifying" werewolf all he does just causes sims to become terrified and run away, instead of randomly menacing them.

In short, a lot of the scarier elements that exist within TS4 doesn't feel scary enough, idk just feels very shallow and not scary at all. I'm not asking for a horror game, idk just something that is genuinely unsettling.

IK! Heck, I often go the extra mile when trying to make a haunted house that looks haunted, or place it in the Werewolf world and make it look like it has been invaded over and over.

Mother plant is so lame, too.
  • Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,184 Member
    *Deep Breath* Okay....So.....How come, we have to deal with that "Monster Under the Bed" situation every night (If you have multiple kids that is. You at least get a break if it's an only child.) and the only way to prevent this is to buy a nightlight......AND HOW COME THE NIGHTLIGHT IS ALSO A TOY SO WHEN YOU'RE NOT LOOKING YOUR KIDS COME AROUND AND START PLAYING WITH THE TOY AND PUT IT IN THEIR INVENTORY AND THEN LO AND BEHOLD, THEY GET SPOOKED BY A MONSTER UNDER THEIR BED THAT NIGHT! This is the absolute definition of trivial, but dang, is it something that annoys me to no end.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    *Deep Breath* Okay....So.....How come, we have to deal with that "Monster Under the Bed" situation every night (If you have multiple kids that is. You at least get a break if it's an only child.) and the only way to prevent this is to buy a nightlight......AND HOW COME THE NIGHTLIGHT IS ALSO A TOY SO WHEN YOU'RE NOT LOOKING YOUR KIDS COME AROUND AND START PLAYING WITH THE TOY AND PUT IT IN THEIR INVENTORY AND THEN LO AND BEHOLD, THEY GET SPOOKED BY A MONSTER UNDER THEIR BED THAT NIGHT! This is the absolute definition of trivial, but dang, is it something that annoys me to no end.

isn't there also wall light with the blocking monster functionality
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    I want less child friendly content. This is a teens game, for crying out loud.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member

I wish there was another table lamp too. There are three wall lamps I know of - one huge one with pics on that I always size down, a cloud one (or is is the moon? Can't remember) and then the same one but with the stars above it (my fave).

But, yeah, the monster is a pain in the rear.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    The moon table lamp from Werewolves will do it too.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member

I wish there was another table lamp too. There are three wall lamps I know of - one huge one with pics on that I always size down, a cloud one (or is is the moon? Can't remember) and then the same one but with the stars above it (my fave).

But, yeah, the monster is a pain in the rear.

I was only aware of the one with the pictures on it and the little owl that they always walk off with. Thanks for the info!
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,858 Member
    Your sim goes to bed with the radio blaring then gets all angry because they can't sleep due to the noise. Then they wander off to do something else besides sleep. Look, that button you pressed that turned it on, press it again and it will turn it off. By the way, while we're at it, you walked right by the bloody thing on your way to bed! You didn't think to yourself then, "Hey! This might be a problem. I better do something about it"?๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    when sims always sit if theres chair in the room they're chatting in and then play game of chairs everytime you try to get them do something that does not involve sitting

like just stand for few seconds would you lazy bottoms

so many times ive just deleted all the chairs to get them not sit constantly
  • Options
    I'm tired of the Sims wanting to chat all the time. You can get absolutely nothing done. Seriously, watch the stove before it catches on fire. Don't worry about your guests, they can watch TV without you.

And, your child asks a question which makes you forget said stove... Um, sorry, kids, I just burnt your Mac and cheese.
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    Your sim goes to bed with the radio blaring then gets all angry because they can't sleep due to the noise. Then they wander off to do something else besides sleep. Look, that button you pressed that turned it on, press it again and it will turn it off. By the way, while we're at it, you walked right by the bloody thing on your way to bed! You didn't think to yourself then, "Hey! This might be a problem. I better do something about it"?๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

LOL!!!!
  • Options
    patrickcreatespatrickcreates Posts: 38 Member
    Something that irritates me to no end is how platforms effect friezes. If you are building a room that has multiple levels, and one of those levels touches an exterior wall, then that wall will not properly show a frieze. What's worse is when friezes move inside your build for the same reason.

I've been able to resolve the internal frieze issue by shift+clicking to only add a frieze to one wall at a time... but I have not been able to figure out the platform issue. :s
    Check out my YouTube channel for weekly speed builds and commentary on The Sims 4 :blush:
    YouTube Channel: https://bit.ly/PatrickFilms
    Sims Twitter: https://bit.ly/PatrickTweets
  • Options
    speaking of build mode things i hate when columns and trees fade away when you get near them like I didn't add them there to never see them you know
  • Options
    Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    sims that stop whatever they're doing, walk through a complex lot, and then react in disgust to this one lamp or something and it puts them in a bad mood

you can just ignore it guys. you chose to get annoyed by the decor. why did you walk to it if you hate it so much.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Options
    DiassaDiassa Posts: 156 Member
    edited July 2022
    For me annoying thing is when you upload a hosehold to your library you don't get their household inventory, nor their personal inventory, nor their money. They always start with empty inventory and default amount of money when you move them to another world (another save). This is sad :( I worked so hard to earn money for them and I had many items, nothing tranfers.
    speaking of build mode things i hate when columns and trees fade away when you get near them like I didn't add them there to never see them you know

@Simmingal This!
    There is a mod to no fading trees but I can't find a mod which makes colums to no fading. This is really sad :(
      The Sages appreciation club
    RcdS04K.jpg
  • Options
    DarrenDarren Posts: 129 Member
    By now the conversion wheel (not sure how the "official" name is). There are so many options now that it often takes 5 or 6 clicks to find the one I want.
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,936 Member
    You know the hot weather category?

Those "shoes". Ew. I have to go back into CAS all the time during the summer because randomly generated townies end up walking around with those Sulani sandals, regardless of how it fits them, they are ugly shoes to me. I do not think I've ever seen anyone in history wear them where I live, and I sure believe it to be the same in my Sim neighbourhood
    Also I'm surprised I have to always turn the filter off for Sims to get trousers again, I know people who never wear shorts! Just wish that'd be the same for townies.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    blaq797blaq797 Posts: 145 Member
    You invite sims over.

They come over.

Your sim goes to greet them.

Invited stays outside forcing your sim interact with them right there.

Not the best way to go about it if one is doing a non committed romance game.

Solution, for the time being, is to place the front door in such a fashion that invited sim has to go behind a wall to get to the front door.
    Sorry, Avatar is merely my favorite Sims 4 sim.