Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some trivial things that annoy you?

Comments

• halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    An annoyance that Werewolves has brought to the surface, cramped, over-decorated lots. It has long been a problem, lots that are basically just eye candy, they're not livable. Sure they may pass play-testing as far as routing issues, but they're still impossible to live in. The Moonwood Mill builds I'm seeing are gorgeous in the gallery, but once you put it in the game and try to live in it, you just want to scream. Far too many lovely builds for Moonwood suffer because the builder tried to put in as much landscaping as possible, or they try to use all the items in BB in a small house. If a family of four can't occupy any room, other than a bathroom, at the same time comfortably then it needs to be bigger or some decor needs to come out. Less can be even more beautiful than too much if you make good choices on what you use and where you place it. You don't need to empty out BB to make a lovely home.

I usually just alter the builds, I take out a lot of the clutter and make them livable.

I normally do this too, but sometimes I can't figure out for the life of me what is causing issues, especially if my sims can't reach the stove or anything. I've had to rebuild entire rooms because of this, and don't get me started on trying to fix stairs. it's a nightmare.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    I still hate it when neighbors come over and cook in your home or use the computer when those same sims tell our sims it's rude. Like 'no, really? Just boils your plasma, doesn't it? HAHA! Karma!'

This "it's rude" interaction drives me nuts with the Upper Crusts club, because my sim will try to participate in the group activity of preparing food only to be told "stop that, it's rude, keep doing this and you'll be asked to leave" but yet, I don't see Clara telling off the other NPC's are are obsessively cooking in her house, using up her bench space etc.
    I know it's a bug and it was supposedly fixed, but seems to be broken again. And it is annoying as all heck. xO
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,828 Member
    I love doing "what if stories" especially with my own characters (oh the habits of being a writer aha), especially if it allows me to explore a character to see how they'd react in a different world. recently I created my Commander Shepard from Mass Effect, and did a "what if humans never discovered the Protheans on Mars", it was super fun coming up with how Shepard would behave on earth and creating "human" versions of the alien crewmates they would have met while on the SSR Normandy etc.

So yeah, I certainly do recommend playing a "what if" scenario when you've run out of other things to do :smiley:

After doing a more radical makeover and talking with @RedDestiny92 I would be interesting in doing a non-werewolf, or completely different type of werewolf story with the new Rory. She would probably still be a werewolf, but a much different one than what we're kinda, sorta used to after a week.

I love doing "what if stories" especially with my own characters (oh the habits of being a writer aha), especially if it allows me to explore a character to see how they'd react in a different world. recently I created my Commander Shepard from Mass Effect, and did a "what if humans never discovered the Protheans on Mars", it was super fun coming up with how Shepard would behave on earth and creating "human" versions of the alien crewmates they would have met while on the SSR Normandy etc.

So yeah, I certainly do recommend playing a "what if" scenario when you've run out of other things to do :smiley:

After doing a more radical makeover and talking with @RedDestiny92 I would be interesting in doing a non-werewolf, or completely different type of werewolf story with the new Rory. She would probably still be a werewolf, but a much different one than what we're kinda, sorta used to after a week.

Ooooh you really should! Could be interesting as well, like would the Wildfangs be more like a club like the "Good Timers?" for the non-werewolf Rory? Or even then, would her pack have different values with the AU werewolf Rory? So many possibilities.

Aaah, just makes me mad that we can't make our own packs and are only stuck with the two. making a werewolf "club" is no replacement IMHO. xO
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,849 Member
    I feel like my nonsense was summoned, I'll sit outside and it can complain about my desire to see my werewolves with dreadlocks, and all the other hairs in game but it can't say that's too much of an annoyance that it isn't that way I just realize I quickly have turned a lot of wolves into played sims mmhmm. I mean, not me, my nonsense.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png

Ooooh you really should! Could be interesting as well, like would the Wildfangs be more like a club like the "Good Timers?" for the non-werewolf Rory? Or even then, would her pack have different values with the AU werewolf Rory? So many possibilities.

Aaah, just makes me mad that we can't make our own packs and are only stuck with the two. making a werewolf "club" is no replacement IMHO. xO

That for me, not being able to create our own packs is the one thing this pack truly missed the boat on. This AU Rory story idea is more doable than the sprawling multi-occult love amid war story I came up with. I think my excitement for the pack overwhelmed by brain and I came up with an idea that was a bit too ambitious. This one is more doable and it's grabbing me.

That for me, not being able to create our own packs is the one thing this pack truly missed the boat on. This AU Rory story idea is more doable than the sprawling multi-occult love amid war story I came up with. I think my excitement for the pack overwhelmed by brain and I came up with an idea that was a bit too ambitious. This one is more doable and it's grabbing me.

Oh yeah, it's definitely a missed opportunity. Same with the ability to make vampire clans or spellcaster covens, just missed opportunities. Like with werewolves, when I first saw the trailer drop I immediately knew that I wanted to make The Companions from Skyrim (werewolf mercs with an honour code). But to do that, they'd need to be a pack, not just a household. But when I found out that you couldn't make your own packs during the Livestream, it kind of killed my desire to make The Companions. I might still make them, but I'm not as motivated as I was before.

I can definitely agree with getting overexcited, as I described above. Definitely go for the smaller idea. :D
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I agree that many builds on the gallery are overloaded to the point of being unplayable. I started out downloading homes and got frustrated when my sims couldn't walk very many places in their own yard! I love landscaping, but I love having plenty of room for my sims to enjoy their backyards more. I always enjoyed building in the Sims games but didn't really get into it until I decided to make most of my own builds rather than download. I really don't like how MOO is so overused!
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    When the game does things I don't understand. I started a new save with a sim I wanted to make a werewolf after I built up some skills. Then I started a new scenario in a new save, the stay awake one. Then I started a second scenario for the cook out one. As far as I was concerned these were all different saves. But no, there all together in one save. WHY!!!!!!!
  • spongegirl38spongegirl38 Posts: 22 Member
    My Sims getting out of bed or stopping cooking just to kiss the cat.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    edited June 2022

what if she was complete rebel and switched for the dark sid- I mean vampires side? :sunglasses: I bet papa wolf did not see that coming

... well i supoose moonwood was supposed to be the more accepting wolf gang but what if this was enough to shake that cause they didn't think vamps finna sip one of their own
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Not so much a game issue, but more with a small number in the community. And that's how people will dance up and down when you dare to change the NPC's in your game to how you want them to be.
    Recently on Twitter, I saw a few people posting about how "phobic" it is to change the new werewolf NPC's and all I could think was "why do you care what someone does in their own private game?" Like it's not affecting you, so I don't see why it should bother you.
    Idk, it feels weird to be getting so up in arms over what other people do in their own games. :-/

So you're saying if I, oh I don't know, let's say, gave Rory a makeover some people's heads would explode? It would be such a shame if I accidentally posted a picture of that makeover.

eckt3zr.png?1

Sorry, my finger slipped.

Such a cool sim!
    I am def' doing to that to Rory when I get the pack. :D
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • PhobostimePhobostime Posts: 38 Member
    My Sims getting out of bed or stopping cooking just to kiss the cat.

I do this in real life! :D
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    The citizens of StrangerVille "honoring" their hero by sending her spoiled cupcakes and foul fish.
    The cake is a lie
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    How small the pool of "cold weather outfits" is. You can then run into all these townies who all apparently shopped in the same store.
    kUwt6nZ.jpg

Not an issue with sims you customize since you can ditch the categories and pick whatever combinations to add variety but like I'm so sick of seeing this same stupid jacket on townies lol. For some reason my game seems obsessed with it.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,651 Member
    Thrior wrote: »
    How small the pool of "cold weather outfits" is. You can then run into all these townies who all apparently shopped in the same store.
    kUwt6nZ.jpg

Not an issue with sims you customize since you can ditch the categories and pick whatever combinations to add variety but like I'm so sick of seeing this same stupid jacket on townies lol. For some reason my game seems obsessed with it.

Mine keeps pulling a particular cc jacket that I want for my main sims only. I use MCCC to edit them into base game sweaters and jackets that aren’t designated for “outerwear.” If they freeze, they freeze.
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Was just doing the 'catch up on needs' thing when I told my sim to get leftovers from the fridge and nothing happened, tried a second and third time and again nothing. Then I remembered they will not automatically get out of the pool to get the leftovers, you have to tell them to get out first THEN make them eat. And I managed to resist the temptation to just leave them in the water and put up a fence around the pool.
    The cake is a lie
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    None werewolf sims eating raw meat from the fridge.
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Honestly, I think TS4 is out of hand.

Thieves are stealing from the garden, not just little rabbits and foxes. I can usually make a nice living selling produce, then some loser comes and snatches fruit straight from the plants as I'm trying to make a sale.

I worked hard to make that garden, grow your own garden and harvest from it.

Sometimes people steal books, too. I feel like NPCs have no manners, but expect you to behave. Lock your computers and bathroom doors, and hide your books and plants before letting them into your house. Also, place garlic all over in case you get a mischievous vampire.

Or, better yet, ignore them when they come by your house and make your house haunted so the specters scare them away. Guildry is a gentleman who doesn't like mischief, so the worst he'd do is take a shower.

There has to be some sort of order here, not just a free for all mischief fest. People get mad if my vampire bites them, how do you think I feel when you do all this stuff?

Before you answer, let me call Crumplebotrom, I need her purse...
  • wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    There are multiple sinks, a dishwasher and at minimum two trash cans and while some might wash a dish in the bathroom *most* leave them on the coffee table or random shelf or behind a frame and on the half wall. Just wash in the bathroom if you must ignore both the kitchen sink and dining room

Also they have a bed to nap on but it never fails that they'll pick the most uncomfortable front porch bench in the dead of winter. Why? Not even the living room couch they all go outside if the option of a bench is available.
    edited July 2022
    Thrior wrote: »
    kUwt6nZ.jpg

i like that jacket goggles don't really go with it though and my townies are obsessed with goggles

well itd still be better if i could just turn off the randomized townies cause i literally don't want any of them in my game
    wahini2024 wrote: »
    There are multiple sinks, a dishwasher and at minimum two trash cans and while some might wash a dish in the bathroom *most* leave them on the coffee table or random shelf or behind a frame and on the half wall. Just wash in the bathroom if you must ignore both the kitchen sink and dining room

Also they have a bed to nap on but it never fails that they'll pick the most uncomfortable front porch bench in the dead of winter. Why? Not even the living room couch they all go outside if the option of a bench is available.

Speaking of dishes, I have a toddler that will grab food on her own and I still haven't found what she's done with a single one of the dishes. Everybody gets an uncomfortable moodlet for dirty surroundings but there is no green cloud of spoilage to help me locate the dishes. They aren't in her inventory, I've gone into BB and moved the furniture to see if they're under the chairs or the sofa and still nothing. I've replaced book cases and plants too. It's like a trashy scavenger hunt. At this point I'm about ready to just bulldoze the lot and place a fresh copy. Hmm, maybe they're under the house? I'll bulldoze the lot and find dozens of old dishes.🤣
    edited July 2022
    today I am annoyed by the small selection of stereos in the game

especially like small stereos you could put on your sims table

like where my mini retro radios at hmn
    gramofone feels tad too fancy and all other ones either too dang bulky or modern in that ugly boxy way
  • wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member

Speaking of dishes, I have a toddler that will grab food on her own and I still haven't found what she's done with a single one of the dishes. Everybody gets an uncomfortable moodlet for dirty surroundings but there is no green cloud of spoilage to help me locate the dishes. They aren't in her inventory, I've gone into BB and moved the furniture to see if they're under the chairs or the sofa and still nothing. I've replaced book cases and plants too. It's like a trashy scavenger hunt. At this point I'm about ready to just bulldoze the lot and place a fresh copy. Hmm, maybe they're under the house? I'll bulldoze the lot and find dozens of old dishes.🤣

I will follow every toddler to see where they drop it off. It's never obvious. I literally had this same problem and it drove me insane. I just went to build mode and kinda had an idea of what room it was in and I had to knock out every single wall. There it was. It was glitched out in a wall with no green stink. I had this another time and it was, again, stuck in the wall.

I will follow every toddler to see where they drop it off. It's never obvious. I literally had this same problem and it drove me insane. I just went to build mode and kinda had an idea of what room it was in and I had to knock out every single wall. There it was. It was glitched out in a wall with no green stink. I had this another time and it was, again, stuck in the wall.

I never thought to look in the walls. I have watched her when she finishes and she's like a magician with the coin trick. I see where her hand and the plate go when it disappears and it's never there when I go looking in that spot.