Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Leaked Copperdale World?

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    favriel wrote: »
    N0hTxvD.png

This appears to be the trailer building (shown from a different side obviously) but it's not marked as a lot, so I guess we're getting a restaurant rabbithole like in sims 3?

I honestly would LOVE Sims 3 style rabbitholes to be introduced in this world and all future ones. A rabbithole building is immensely better than set dressing. Let's hope this is true and will be a new staple! :)

Yeah I would take rabbit holes than just plain set dressing.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    I see simmers on Twitter complaining we have too many forest worlds we don't need another but I beg to differ. I absolutely loved granite falls but we could never live there without mods. The only other forest we had was from the ROM pack and I've always hated the design so I've never lived there. Now we only recently got a forest world with the wolf pack which fits with them but was really small. So I think the fact that we got another one that's bigger is perfect. Definitely not too many. I always thought we had too many suburbs.

However, I definitely want to see urban city worlds too! Sometimes I wonder if they do it because we have "city living" lol that would kind of defeat the purpose of that pack. I still would love to see more cities in the future along with other world types though. Definitely a fantasy world.

I could take another city world and beach town world.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I see simmers on Twitter complaining we have too many forest worlds we don't need another but I beg to differ. I absolutely loved granite falls but we could never live there without mods. The only other forest we had was from the ROM pack and I've always hated the design so I've never lived there. Now we only recently got a forest world with the wolf pack which fits with them but was really small. So I think the fact that we got another one that's bigger is perfect. Definitely not too many. I always thought we had too many suburbs.

However, I definitely want to see urban city worlds too! Sometimes I wonder if they do it because we have "city living" lol that would kind of defeat the purpose of that pack. I still would love to see more cities in the future along with other world types though. Definitely a fantasy world.

I see Del Sol Valley as another "city" world - or at least mostly Urban, which is basically the same thing - even if it does have the rich neighborhood, so there's precedent for more. I also would like to see another arid world that's not mostly city, as we only have Oasis Springs and Strangerville for that. (Del Sol Valley is also arid, but you really can only tell by the landscaping in the starter neighborhood or if you have Seasons)
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    It looks potentially very nice. It's funny, though, I don't usually have a lot of preconceptions about what the world will look like, but I realized after seeing this that it's very different from what I had in my head. I was picturing something like water/the lake area at the bottom of the map, with the downtown area in the dead center, and two different residential neighborhoods on the top left and top right of the map. What surprises me the most is that I expected the pier/carnival area to be part of the downtown area. I didn't really expect it to be part of a residential area.

Then again, I also wasn't expecting the school to basically make up a whole neighborhood. It makes sense, it seems to be like the lab in Strangerville, but I really sort of thought it might be more like the studio lot, police station, hospital, etc. Either way, I suspect we're not getting a lot that could go in any world, but I would be happy to be wrong about that.

I'm still not quite excited enough about the pack to start actively planning what I would put where, but I'm glad I saw the map, if this is it, because it's definitely planted some seeds for future planning.

• Options
    Also, I'm very curious about which lot is the one that one of the gurus tweeted about being the prettiest lot in the world, because I can't quite figure out one that seems to fit.
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    sireneiles wrote: »
    how brainwashed did we really become that a feature that fit perfectly with the high school experience, and youth in general really, is deemed as needing "it's own pack" (a.k.a let's pay more) when a new expansion pack is introduced and is supposed to expand on gameplay to that very theme will never cease to amaze me haha.
    We are not brainwashed.

fact just stands that not all of amusement park crowd is there for the school theme anyway it is not of direct relation

and also we really wanted actual amusement parks with seeing our sims on rides and this is not doing that therefore it would have been better to fit it in pack where it actually fits as non rabbithole activity

in which not only would you never need to buy school content to get these you would also get better amusement park that is not rabbithole

I would love to get a amusement park pack and I agree with Simmingal.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Also, I'm very curious about which lot is the one that one of the gurus tweeted about being the prettiest lot in the world, because I can't quite figure out one that seems to fit.

I think it's the park lot near the pier.
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »

I think it's the park lot near the pier.

Could be! I was also thinking it might be either the residential lot right next to the park, or the one at the bottom with the green plumbob.
  • Options
    summertaffy68summertaffy68 Posts: 211 Member
    The more information that comes out, the more excited I am for the pack. I don't play much with children period, but this pack looks to have some general stuff that I could use in gameplay. I know it won't be much, but I am super excited for the theme park-looking stuff!
    1500x500.jpg
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    I really like the new world, reminds me of Hidden Springs. <3
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

I'd love a City/Beach World.
  • Options
    alan650111 wrote: »
    favriel wrote: »
    N0hTxvD.png

This appears to be the trailer building (shown from a different side obviously) but it's not marked as a lot, so I guess we're getting a restaurant rabbithole like in sims 3?

I honestly would LOVE Sims 3 style rabbitholes to be introduced in this world and all future ones. A rabbithole building is immensely better than set dressing. Let's hope this is true and will be a new staple! :)

Yeah I would take rabbit holes than just plain set dressing.

I'm betting the bleachers are set dressing.
  • Options

Probably the one with the carnival and pier.
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Out of everything, I was most curious to see the world map. I'm so happy that it looks like we're getting 12 lots, and the layout is great, so I think I can work with that. I wish they'd try to push for 15 lots, but I'll take what I can get at this point.

And the school is an actual lot too? I wondered whether the "customisation" part would be a similar system to Eco Lifestyle with those community voted lots, but it looks like we can build our own schools from scratch. I don't think I'd ever build my own, but I probably would renovate the existing one to my liking, so I'm kind of excited about that! I'm a little disappointed with the pier area though, it's a shame there's nothing there you can edit, as I was hoping to build some sort of retro arcade.

Overall though, this pack is definitely growing on me.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    If that park is a 50x50, I just might consider placing my prep school dorm there.
    The fair grounds would be in walking distance, or bicycle. My students could take some sleep replacement potions and hang out there.
    I wonder if it shuts down after hours. I might not bother if the park shuts down at 11. But if it's open until at least 2 am, I will certainly consider it.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

Hmm... after looking into the Go To School mod and what goes into building schools it seems that there are several things to keep in mind. That students have to be able to walk between different places quite quickly in order to have time to do enough activities during the day. Just like restaurants, you can download a lot that has a good flow or one that doesn't play well. Will be interesting to see how free we are to build the High School in Copperdale and how it will work.

For my save I will probably make my own school using the clubs-features, then I can tailor it toward occult or art or whatever I need for those particular student. That could go well with having regular High School for some student some days and the "club-school" some days.