Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Leaked Copperdale World?

Comments

• Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,293 Member
    I hope the school lot is a 64x64
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,945 Member
    I wonder what is with this pack that things get leaked. Can we really trust these leaks?

I will remain skeptical for now. I will keep that in mind once the livestream shows it.
  • Options
    JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    I hope the school lot is a 64x64

Same! It looks like a large sized lot from the map, I'd guess it's at least 50x50, if not 64x64.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Oof no empty lot, guess I’ll have to bulldoze a lot, not really a fan of doing that
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    Any theories as to why the western lot by the water has no lot symbol above it?
  • Options
    lovemy4slovemy4s Posts: 153 Member
    edited July 2022
    Oof no empty lot, guess I’ll have to bulldoze a lot, not really a fan of doing that

A few have speculated that the active lot is the empty lot and that this person just built on it. The house doesn’t fit in with the rest really and one person on here observed that it is possibly the same house that was leaked in the curved wall pic. It does kind of look like it. I just hope that this game changer (I’m assuming) doesn’t ruin it for the rest of the game changers because I really love their content videos before the game is released.
  • Options
    Kironide wrote: »
    Any theories as to why the western lot by the water has no lot symbol above it?

Probably just can’t visit there; DSV has empty spots on its map too
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    The peninsula on the left side looks like it's the site of the old abandoned house in the trailer. I wonder how it's used?
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    lovemy4s wrote: »
    If it is true, I wonder what the building in the bottom right corner in the Ferris Wheel neighborhood is. Could it be apartments? I can’t remember if the apartment building itself has highlights around it, I thought they didn’t.

Ugh, I hate that you suggested this because now I really want it to be apartments and I have a feeling it's not going to be lol
  • Options

A few have speculated that the active lot is the empty lot and that this person just built on it. The house doesn’t fit in with the rest really and one person on here observed that it is possibly the same house that was leaked in the curved wall pic. It does kind of look like it. I just hope that this game changer (I’m assuming) doesn’t ruin it for the rest of the game changers because I really love their content videos before the game is released.
    Oooo hope you’re right 😁
  • Options
    favrielfavriel Posts: 72 Member
    N0hTxvD.png

This appears to be the trailer building (shown from a different side obviously) but it's not marked as a lot, so I guess we're getting a restaurant rabbithole like in sims 3?
  • Options
    ChildrenofhurinChildrenofhurin Posts: 138 Member
    This looks pretty legit, I like the number and balance of lots. I hope that the school being a lot on the map is a sign that we can build other schools and select which one we want to enroll Sims in (including the BG rabbit hole option).

Also perhaps it’s unlikely, but a settings tab in B/B could even allow for the selection of uniforms if we want (like choosing the waiter/chef outfits in restaurants).
  • Options
    favriel wrote: »
    N0hTxvD.png

This appears to be the trailer building (shown from a different side obviously) but it's not marked as a lot, so I guess we're getting a restaurant rabbithole like in sims 3?

I’m thinking it will be similar to the ones in Tartosa where they are a shell with a window you can walk up to order from.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,990 Member
    edited July 2022
    if its real one thats biiig

in fact way too big for me :sweat_smile: for me school part + 1 neighborhood would have been the expectation

and it feels like if you live around the part with ferris wheel thats heck of a commute to school you finna tell tales about your school journeys like you're 100 years old " there was monsters and high waters and i had to ski whole way and my bag weighed on me like bag of rocks"

I get worried about gameplay when its this size and theres nothing particularily to do other than eat and go to school/sports place

but then again I'm not particularily planning on getting the pack for now so whatever floats ya boat really
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    favrielfavriel Posts: 72 Member
    This looks pretty legit, I like the number and balance of lots. I hope that the school being a lot on the map is a sign that we can build other schools and select which one we want to enroll Sims in (including the BG rabbit hole option).

Also perhaps it’s unlikely, but a settings tab in B/B could even allow for the selection of uniforms if we want (like choosing the waiter/chef outfits in restaurants).

Unfortunately that doesn't mean much. The Strangerville laboratory for example is a lot on the map too, with a unique lot type and icon, yet you can't select that lot type when you build your own lots
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,424 Member
    edited July 2022
    ha3i4ticgj60.jpeg

Saw this on Reddit; if it’s fake, they did a great job!

Does it look like there is another tiny lot behind the bubble tea shop? Looks like a tiny park, with the lot contour around it, but there is no lot icon above it. Also, how are we going to travel to the amusement park, there seems to be no public lot nearby.
  • Options
    edited July 2022

That was my speculation on reddit. Whoever took this screenshot could have built on some of the empty lots (likely the active household but potentially others too).

Also someone else mentioned that Britechester and Evergreen Harbour came without any empty lots, so it wouldn't be impossible for there not to be any this time too.
  • Options
    ThisSentenceIsALieThisSentenceIsALie Posts: 78 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    ha3i4ticgj60.jpeg

Saw this on Reddit; if it’s fake, they did a great job!

Does it look like there is another tiny lot behind the bubble tea shop? Looks like a tiny park, with the lot contour around it, but there is no lot icon above it.

I think it's just a fence.
    /ᐠ。ꞈ。ᐟ\ ノ
  • Options
    ChildrenofhurinChildrenofhurin Posts: 138 Member

Unfortunately that doesn't mean much. The Strangerville laboratory for example is a lot on the map too, with a unique lot type and icon, yet you can't select that lot type when you build your own lots

That’s true, but Strangerville was a GP and the lab lot was tied strictly to the story and had no real benefit/ use outside of it. Schools on the other hand have a very obvious usage in other worlds.
  • Options
    ThisSentenceIsALieThisSentenceIsALie Posts: 78 Member

That’s true, but Strangerville was a GP and the lab lot was tied strictly to the story and had no real benefit/ use outside of it. Schools on the other hand have a very obvious usage in other worlds.

I really feel like it would be such a tease if the lot acts more like the Strangerville laboratory, and not a new lot-type. If it's not a new lot-type they could have jut made it like GTW and not have it placed in the world.
    /ᐠ。ꞈ。ᐟ\ ノ
  • Options
    andyandysimsandyandysims Posts: 7 New Member
    While I'm really excited for teens to be able to do more besides "go to school" and do homework, I'm skeptical about anything that's put out for the Sims 4 now. However, this map looks amazing and if it is real, I'm very much looking forward to giving my teens a life (finally).
  • Options
    tatselktatselk Posts: 520 Member

PROS:

- Well laid out and distinct neighbourhoods.

- What looks like 3 different new lot types: (1) school, (2) auditorium/sports hall and (3) boba shop.

- The school lot type looking like it can be placed in any other world.

This can help to overcome the small size of the world.

I plan to have schools in one world serve Sims in two worlds that look similar (e.g. Copperdale High serving both Copperdale and Brindleton Bay, a school in Newcrest serving both Newcrest and Willow Creek etc.).

CONS:

- Too few lots.

To be fair, this is consistent with the worlds released in the recent EPs.

I just don't think any of the worlds, other than the 4-neighbourhood worlds like Willow Creek, Oasis Springs and Windenburg, are big enough.

- With just 2 community lots (library and boba shop), the commercial neighbourhood seem abit dull.

I'm already thinking of converting that lot with no symbol above it into a café-slash-bookshop for hipster types to hang out at (Thriftea is probably abit too mainstream for them lol).
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    If anyone is curious, I've been poking around twitter for the origin of this screenshot.

It's by a throwaway account (@ A8gu293j) created this month who haven't posted anything else.

It also looks more likely to be an internal leak if it's legit. The game changers don't have access yet (aside from the builders for the pack), plus when they get access they don't get the gallery whereas this pic does. Plus the blurred out bit doesn't look like the watermark they get either.

It does seem legitish though, and it seems similar to the curved wall leak which was also a throwaway twitter account. Plus the active lot here could very well be the one with curved walls so it could be the same person leaking both if true.

(Sorry for slight tangent but I thought it was interesting.)
  • Options
    @JemmaTheSimmer very interesting, thank you. It may sound terrible but I rather it be an employee who leaked than a game changer. The repercussions of that would be for them to lose their job. If it was a game changer it could put all the honest game changers at risk and prevent them from getting early access again and I really love watching their stuff.