We have a new survey live for you to provide feedback on the new EA forums! Click here to read more.
March 1st - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Leaked Copperdale World?

Comments

• Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    Kerrigan wrote: »
    I wonder why this pack has so many leaks surrounding it 😅😅

"leaks" are some of the best marketing!
    They saw how well Street Fighter 6's 'leaks' did so they wanted to jump the bandwagon. :wink:
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »
    I would love it to be apartments too, but seeing as one of the main features of another pack, I highly doubt it.

Possibly, but they're included in Eco Lifestyle despite being the main feature of City Living/not being the main feature in EL. Fingers crossed!

Oh! I don't have Eco Lifestyle, so I had no idea there were apartments in that. This gives me hope!

Yes, they kept the apartment gameplay(annoying neighbors, random visits, traits) locked to CL. So it's just the lot.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    favriel wrote: »
    N0hTxvD.png

This appears to be the trailer building (shown from a different side obviously) but it's not marked as a lot, so I guess we're getting a restaurant rabbithole like in sims 3?

I honestly would LOVE Sims 3 style rabbitholes to be introduced in this world and all future ones. A rabbithole building is immensely better than set dressing. Let's hope this is true and will be a new staple! :)

I agree. I like how they have been trying to make the worlds feel a bit more alive. Rabbit holes are better than unusable shells🐚
    That's why I like how the amusement park is off lot. More like part of the world.
    Yes I know we all want real amusement parks but that needs it's own pack.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,314 Member

That rental lot looks like a nice place for a restaurant with hotel rooms upstairs.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I hope the water is swimmable. May be accessed from the mining side of town?
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,515 Member
    More apartments would be nice.
    I am flooding my world with Uni dormies that I have come to like.
    I want them to have places to live. But I am concerned that there are already five lots in that section of town.
    Eco Lifestyle was really stingy with lots. Copperdale would would be very generous in comparison.

But those green shells do stand out a lot more than the other shells, so I remain hopeful.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • sireneilessireneiles Posts: 66 Member
    N0hTxvD.png

This appears to be the trailer building (shown from a different side obviously) but it's not marked as a lot, so I guess we're getting a restaurant rabbithole like in sims 3?

I honestly would LOVE Sims 3 style rabbitholes to be introduced in this world and all future ones. A rabbithole building is immensely better than set dressing. Let's hope this is true and will be a new staple! :)

I agree. I like how they have been trying to make the worlds feel a bit more alive. Rabbit holes are better than unusable shells🐚
    That's why I like how the amusement park is off lot. More like part of the world.

how brainwashed did we really become that a feature that fit perfectly with the high school experience, and youth in general really, is deemed as needing "it's own pack" (a.k.a let's pay more) when a new expansion pack is introduced and is supposed to expand on gameplay to that very theme will never cease to amaze me haha. The carnival/pier area is very inspired from the season 1 of euphoria where all the teens gather for drama + the festival from season 2 of riverdale (copperdale). If this was any others game/company people would be protesting in the streets. I like the features that it does add but when you think about it there's not much, especially compared to the amount of gameplay/animations that get to work provided (first expansion : 3 new careers +whole retail system).

Like someone said earlier i really hope it does introduce a school uniform system, kind of like the waiter in dine out or sellers in the retail mode. If it doesn't come with it, i hope a modder will do that eventually. But by the way the pack was designed, i believe it will not. It feels as though the whole idea of highschool was to "show off your style" (thrift shop).

Also, we can see that the football field and the bleachers are outside of the lot on the bottom left of the map, which, i believe, is where u take your sims to do soccer and cheerleading ? If it's just for show then great, that might allow us to make our highschools everywhere else but if it's mandatory for after school clubs well... i guess that would make the lot kind of "locked" to that world (unless we can rely on the "debug" fonction to place some of the features outside this world ?)

• DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,925 Member
    So the amusement park is just in a neighborhood locale not on a lot.

It looks that way which makes it a no buy for me if we can't place the rides in another world.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,357 Member
    sireneiles wrote: »
    N0hTxvD.png

how brainwashed did we really become that a feature that fit perfectly with the high school experience, and youth in general really, is deemed as needing "it's own pack" (a.k.a let's pay more) when a new expansion pack is introduced and is supposed to expand on gameplay to that very theme will never cease to amaze me haha. The carnival/pier area is very inspired from the season 1 of euphoria where all the teens gather for drama + the festival from season 2 of riverdale (copperdale). If this was any others game/company people would be protesting in the streets. I like the features that it does add but when you think about it there's not much, especially compared to the amount of gameplay/animations that get to work provided (first expansion : 3 new careers +whole retail system).

Like someone said earlier i really hope it does introduce a school uniform system, kind of like the waiter in dine out or sellers in the retail mode. If it doesn't come with it, i hope a modder will do that eventually. But by the way the pack was designed, i believe it will not. It feels as though the whole idea of highschool was to "show off your style" (thrift shop).

Also, we can see that the football field and the bleachers are outside of the lot on the bottom left of the map, which, i believe, is where u take your sims to do soccer and cheerleading ? If it's just for show then great, that might allow us to make our highschools everywhere else but if it's mandatory for after school clubs well... i guess that would make the lot kind of "locked" to that world (unless we can rely on the "debug" fonction to place some of the features outside this world ?)

I sure hope sims can use the bleachers.

I'm almost certain it is. Hopefully they'll show sims swimming in the Gameplay Trailer.

It looks that way which makes it a no buy for me if we can't place the rides in another world.

You might be able to plop it down out of debug on any lot.
  • RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 181 Member
    I wish we could get another apartment for boarding students from other worlds, for the shell is incredibly outstanding and detailed in map view.
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,925 Member

You might be able to plop it down out of debug on any lot.

If we can do that I'll buy it and build a tiny house in the middle of a derelict amusement park. I'll make up a sad story for the lot and have my sim live there. Then I could use the haunted, volcano, and earthquake lot traits and my sim could be a worker that lived there when it was working and never left.
  • coogee78coogee78 Posts: 177 Member
    sam123 wrote: »
    logion wrote: »

Yeah, that makes me wonder how you are supposed to travel to it. Are you supposed to travel to the park lot?

I assume we would need to travel to the park which makes no sense. I wish they stopped doing this it's actually very annoying and immersion breaking.

I think it will be accessable from all lots in the neighbourhood, like the shops in Tartosa or the events in Mt Komoribi and San Myshuno. The peir only has rabbit holes so it would not be difficult for them to do.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,752 Member
    edited July 2022
    how brainwashed did we really become that a feature that fit perfectly with the high school experience, and youth in general really, is deemed as needing "it's own pack" (a.k.a let's pay more) when a new expansion pack is introduced and is supposed to expand on gameplay to that very theme will never cease to amaze me haha.
    We are not brainwashed.

fact just stands that not all of amusement park crowd is there for the school theme anyway it is not of direct relation

and also we really wanted actual amusement parks with seeing our sims on rides and this is not doing that therefore it would have been better to fit it in pack where it actually fits as non rabbithole activity

in which not only would you never need to buy school content to get these you would also get better amusement park that is not rabbithole
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,604 Member
    edited July 2022

I'm almost certain it is. Hopefully they'll show sims swimming in the Gameplay Trailer.

Were there actually any new world released after Sulani without swimmable areas?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    edited July 2022
    N0hTxvD.png

Not brain washed because I own all of ts3 and I get what you're saying but people have to accept that gaming has changed and it's not going back. This is not ts3 and I actually prefer it this way. No the packs might not be as big as what people are use to in ts3 but each theme is fleshed out. It's my personal opinion that in terms of theme every one that ts4 creates is more in depth and better than the ts3 versions. I haven't play as much ts3 as I have ts4 but I definitely think each occult is better done here (minus aliens and plant sims because they were the first ones 🥲) even our mermaids are better but they are missing an underwater lot. But ts3 had that advantage because it's open world.

Not only occults but other things like parenthood really went in depth with the parenting system. Toddlers are better than ever despite missing some things (we need a pack for them too 😁)
    These teens are going to be my ultimate favorite after this pack I can already tell. The fame pack dedicated to fame was a really well thought out system and one of the best!
    We are now able to make the best most complex weddings we've ever had in any sims game!
    I know some don't like it because it's not 1 2 3 point and click but It's a learning experience and a challenge to put it altogether and that's the fun in video games.
    I won't go through every pack but it's all better done. Most of the problems people complain about ts4 are based on nostalgia,base game issues and design issues that most likely can never be changed.
    So yes I would be more than happy to pay for individual themes and have them well done.
    I definitely believe bands and amusement parks need it's own pack and it will be the best bands we've ever had!

All of this is my humble opinion of course😇
    Post edited by Babykittyjade on
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    Were there actually any new world released after Sulani without swimmable areas?

Evergreen Harbor doesn't have any swimmable areas in it.
    I see simmers on Twitter complaining we have too many forest worlds we don't need another but I beg to differ. I absolutely loved granite falls but we could never live there without mods. The only other forest we had was from the ROM pack and I've always hated the design so I've never lived there. Now we only recently got a forest world with the wolf pack which fits with them but was really small. So I think the fact that we got another one that's bigger is perfect. Definitely not too many. I always thought we had too many suburbs.

However, I definitely want to see urban city worlds too! Sometimes I wonder if they do it because we have "city living" lol that would kind of defeat the purpose of that pack. I still would love to see more cities in the future along with other world types though. Definitely a fantasy world.
  • lovemy4slovemy4s Posts: 153 Member
    @Babykittyjade i don’t mind the new world but I hope the next world we get is more city like. I want apartments that look like row houses you see in big cities.
  • Katness4Katness4 Posts: 3 New Member
    Maybe the the lot in the lower right corner of the leaked picture is a rabbit hole shopping mall? That would be awesome!!!
    Very excited for this pack. The new world looks beautiful. The town square with the gazebo and surrounding shops looks a lot like Stars Hollow in Gilmore Girls.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Katness4 wrote: »
    Very excited for this pack. The new world looks beautiful. The town square with the gazebo and surrounding shops looks a lot like Stars Hollow in Gilmore Girls.

I’ve been wondering where I’m going to place my Luke’s Diner…
    > @GracieO312 said:
    > I’ve been wondering where I’m going to place my Luke’s Diner…

On the leaked map I noticed a building in the town square that looks similar to Luke's Diner. It's the building underneath the miner pick axe sign, hopefully that lot is not just a background building? There is also a building across from it that looks like Doose's Market. :)