Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Werewolf Fate/Love System?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    wahini2024 wrote: »
    Tense moodlets will never stack with other negative moodlets unless you are specifically using a mod that makes them do that, if it helps.

You are correct. I don't know why I said it that way.

What I don't want is more negative moodlets overriding stacks of positive moodlets in my game. There's something wrong with my game because a single +1 or 2 negative moodlet will take over as my sim's current mood even if I have an equal strength inspired or confident stacked with happy moodlets behind it

That's what I was talking about and I got my thoughts all mixed together.

Right, it doesn't buff like happy does but it makes it more difficult to wade through an angry moodlet a sad moodlet and a tense moodlet all of which they experience more often than any other sim type. Angry at the moon, sad with big bad wolf, tense from work or tense from romantic interactions. They stack harder against the positive but don't buff so yes. I did the same in mixing my wording.

All of my werewolves have lost a spar to Rory at some point, and Rory has lost twice to my werewolf Ava. All of them when they get around the ones who beat them sparring will get a sad or angry moodlet for having been hurt. Ava's toddler got a boo-boo while playing with mom, now every time Ava gets close, her child gets those same moodlets. It's a bit maddening at times. I can see it once immediately afterwards, but they're still getting those moodlets two or three weeks later. I just cheat them away if it interferes with gameplay.

Are you sure it’s friendly sparring not a brawl? My sims had spared with each other and no one got anything negative except for good spar or great fight type of happy moodlet. Negatives are usually after brawl which is under mean interactions.

Maybe you have a mod that is causing it? Because I play vanilla on console and positive moodlets as usual overrides all negatives. I need to open up the whole moodlet panel to see tense or angry at the very end.

• Options
    cutecabaretcutecabaret Posts: 56 Member
    Zero made a mod that removes fated mates. I have to check and see if it will still let you manually assign the relbit with cheating, and if so, then we can just choose our own fated mates. Aside from how they handled this tense moodlet business, the entire concept of fated mates as it stands in Sims 4 seems so lackluster as well because being fated mates with someone doesn't really add much, as far as I can tell, even if you WANT the sims involved to be fated.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,852 Member
    Olalla1986 wrote: »
    Tense moodlets will never stack with other negative moodlets unless you are specifically using a mod that makes them do that, if it helps.

You are correct. I don't know why I said it that way.

What I don't want is more negative moodlets overriding stacks of positive moodlets in my game. There's something wrong with my game because a single +1 or 2 negative moodlet will take over as my sim's current mood even if I have an equal strength inspired or confident stacked with happy moodlets behind it

That's what I was talking about and I got my thoughts all mixed together.

Right, it doesn't buff like happy does but it makes it more difficult to wade through an angry moodlet a sad moodlet and a tense moodlet all of which they experience more often than any other sim type. Angry at the moon, sad with big bad wolf, tense from work or tense from romantic interactions. They stack harder against the positive but don't buff so yes. I did the same in mixing my wording.

All of my werewolves have lost a spar to Rory at some point, and Rory has lost twice to my werewolf Ava. All of them when they get around the ones who beat them sparring will get a sad or angry moodlet for having been hurt. Ava's toddler got a boo-boo while playing with mom, now every time Ava gets close, her child gets those same moodlets. It's a bit maddening at times. I can see it once immediately afterwards, but they're still getting those moodlets two or three weeks later. I just cheat them away if it interferes with gameplay.

Are you sure it’s friendly sparring not a brawl? My sims had spared with each other and no one got anything negative except for good spar or great fight type of happy moodlet. Negatives are usually after brawl which is under mean interactions.

Maybe you have a mod that is causing it? Because I play vanilla on console and positive moodlets as usual overrides all negatives. I need to open up the whole moodlet panel to see tense or angry at the very end.

Unless they had a brawl while they were alone and I was off with Judith. They've just had the friendly sparring matches when I could see them. And my sim's toddler got the same moodlet after playing with mom and getting a boo-boo. I've also been getting this weird shared sadness with even my non-occult sims lately. All I have for mods are MCCC and WonderfulWhims. Obviously I have a mod that must be in the wrong folder and that's why I can't find it. I guess I need to start opening folders and looking to see if one of them has a file in it that doesn't belong. My mods folder is organized and every creator gets their own separate folder even if they only have one file. The ones that are in there besides the two are all CAS or BB related.

• Options
    Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    Zero made a mod that removes fated mates. I have to check and see if it will still let you manually assign the relbit with cheating, and if so, then we can just choose our own fated mates. Aside from how they handled this tense moodlet business, the entire concept of fated mates as it stands in Sims 4 seems so lackluster as well because being fated mates with someone doesn't really add much, as far as I can tell, even if you WANT the sims involved to be fated.

They only have sentiment It’s Fated that gets a boost every time they do romantic interaction. Other than that, nothing. No special wedding, no special dialogue. And only one sim has this sentiment the one that initiated the flirt. As far as I can tell it’s just a name. Maybe the pink bar climbs faster, but to be honest, in base game it’s already ridiculously fast.

I just had fated mates dating. I didn’t do the marriage thing, but I saw on YT that it’s a normal Just Married moodlet.

• Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    If I play a couple that are fated mates and add them to my library, will they still be fated to each other when I place them in a new save?

I usually make my own townies. If I have a werewolf couple that have been fated and happy and wish to add them to future saves I hope that they will continue to be connected.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited July 2022
    For everyone having problems with the tense moodlet, have you tried giving your sim the 'carefree' reward trait? That should stop them getting any tense moodlets, including the ones related to fated mates.

I haven't personally experienced fated mates yet (my werewolf is married to a non werewolf sim and hasn't flirted with any werewolves) but it does sound like a massive pain in the butt.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    @wahini2024 have you tried giving your sim the 'carefree' reward trait? That should stop them from getting tense moodlets.
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    Originally it was said we could accept or reject a fated mate. I think of this as a bug and someone needs to make a post on AHQ.

There is no option. It's as stuck in there as if they're related because you can't even clear it from the relationship panel unless you reset one Sim. Not sure if death actually changes it. There is no "getting rid" a fated mate like you can break up with a soul mate or divorce a spouse. You're more or less stuck with whatever the game decides and it's decision is pretty much the first werewolf they flirt with.

I think it's meant that you're supposed to keep the tense moodlet if you "reject" your mate. (a.k.a. ignoring them and getting married to another sim, which should make the rejected mate sentiment appear). In werewolf books any werewolf that rejects their mate has a lot of emotional turmoil they go through. They're rejecting the person the moon goddess made specifically for them. It makes sense for them to be tense for the rest of their life if they choose to ignore their mate.

I really like the fated mate system. I love YA supernatural romance stories and fated mates is a staple for werewolves. I'd hate if EA ever removed that or nerfed it. There definitely should be a cheat to get it off your sim if you choose to, though.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    It doesn't even have to be a cheat, they could add a potion to the reward store similarly to the quirk-b-gone one. Or add an option to attend a rabbithole Un-fating ritual, same as sims can attend lifestyle coaching.