The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BUILDERS' 101 - For Builders from Novice to Beyond

Comments

• Options
    LiLSapphireLiLSapphire Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited December 2009
    Ivinora wrote:
    Hi guys :D early happy new years to all of you, I hope you and your sims wishes all come truez for 2010 :D anyway i didn't knew where to ask this but i been building a really nice house T.T but i'm having serious problems right now, tried to look it up everywhere but nothing seems to work, i made a U stair in my house the walls are ok with alot of messing around (used the constrainfloor cheat) O.o BUUUUUUUUUUUT... now i can't put floor tiles nomore next to the stairs wich is a mess cause i have a hole in my floor and you can litterly see down into the studyroom, anybody know how i can put floor down next to it pretty please T.T i really wonna share it when i get this done

Ivinora,

I know exactly how to fix this problem as I had the same problem in the last home I just built.

To fix it you need to turn the constrainfloor cheat ON place wallsright along your stairways. You may have to build the walls 2 storys high you will know you are at the right height when the grid lines appear for you to place the floor tiles on.
    the turn constrain floor off. Go to upper level place the floor tiles
    now use the wall tool to remove the walls

Now turn constrainfloor on and level the stair landings. Turn constrainfloor off.

That's it. If you need pics to underastand let me know and I'll post some for you.

Lil
  • Options
    BrennaWBrennaW Posts: 1,067 Member
    edited December 2009
    Cera13 wrote:
    Thanks!

I love the heels too! They come with the purse sitting on the table in the same pic.

I'll find the link in a moment.

And here is the link

http://byhsd.blogspot.com/search/label/Clutter

Cera those shoes and bag I absolutely must have!! Thanks for the link...

The only thing I do have to say to you and anyone else doing the homework assignment is:

Only cheat allowed in this assignment is moveObjects on. No budget restrictions. No CC allowed.

All the custom stuff has to be saved for a non-homework house. Sorry.

Luv Bre
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Hi and Happy New Year to everyone!! Whew!! I am finally done with my Beatles!
    vgrg9x.jpg

Here they are in game.... hahahaha I don't have a home for them yet so they are ummm ahhh staying with.... Agnes CrumpleBottom!!
    33ynmmp.jpg

Jusy your Beatles turned out Awesome. Can't wait to see the houses you build for them.

I wish you luck with your project.

Happy New Year
    Lil
  • Options
    jadedcat1983jadedcat1983 Posts: 401
    edited December 2009
    Hi everyone,

Somehow I never imagined that there was anyone disabled playing this game other than myself.

LOL.. well you can add me to the list of wounded simmers.... at least I got a cute service dog with the disability...(always a bright side)

Jaded
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    simtweek wrote:
    bergcrys -

Lil - Yeah....whatcha dooooooin? :) Challenge? Legacy? Hmmmm.....

spryte - Lets see some CFE!
    problem. (It's in my Holiday Home that's on the exchange) Other's around here would probably have a solution. Sorry that I couldn't help. :(

Wow....the last two I didn't have answers for...I feel so bad. :( So like spryte I think I'm going to make the CFE house from the second lesson now...or maybe another world. I'll be around a couple more times today but my parents are coming down tonight and sleeping over so I won't be on as long as I usually am and then Magician and Merry come back tomorrow (Jan 1st).

simtweek

I guess you could call what I am doing a Challenge Build Legacy. I bulldosed the entire town except for the graveyard, military base and Crumplebottom.

The Studders are my Legacy family they are also my tester/build Sims. Their challenge is to rebuild the entire town while having and raising 6 children. If they die before the town is complete then their heir will take over the reconsruction of the town.

They also have to encourage sims to move back into the town as it is rebuilt. At the moment the only Sim in town is Agnes Crumplebottom.

The Studders are in my library I got them made last night but was too tired to continue so I just saved them.

I am trying to figure out how to import Sunset Valley into CAW as I would like to make some changes to the town before I start building.

Happy New Year

Lil
  • Options
    bergcrysbergcrys Posts: 659
    edited December 2009
    Here's my completed story for assignment 4. I hope you guys like it. Let me know what you think.

http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=151530
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Fourteen wrote:
    simtweek wrote:
    Fourteen - Welcome and I hope you continue to post here with us. If you change the cover pic of your lot it could help you with the amount of downloads you get. Check out the first page of this thread, second post, Magician has a section there on changing the cover picture. I gave your lot and story a rec.

Bold font - Aw, thank you! *hugs*

Actually, I'm good at self-taught but, sure, I'll check it out soon to see Magician's section! =)

EDIT: Okay, I read it and done. Yes, I do have Photobucket account but I don't like Irfanview for some reason. I personally prefer Photoshop. I know how to resize it properly and to improve a quality of picture. I don't know if that is okay if I use Photoshop. I just noticed homeworks on the first post, they seems easy but they're useful tips to me. I'll like to give a try. Do you think I should?

EDIT II: Heh, thank you for added me! :D

Fourteen

Welcome I don't see why Photoshop wouldn't be OK I use Paint Shop Pro (PSP) myself.

Happy New Year

Lil
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    wolfspryte wrote:
    Hey all!

Smoky.. LOVE IT! As for the "unfinished" moodlet.. yep, you must have missed a spot in the sunken area... pain in the butt! :D

Okay... have some CFE Homework pics for you..

First.. I've picked my palette already... THANK YOU LIL SAPPHIRE! Love it!

Now mind you.. I'm not nearly finished inside or out!

I did the "garage attached to foundation", "sunken room", and "L shaped stairs"... gonna leave the raised room for some other build!

Okay... I did finish my kitchen... what do you think?
    PLEASE IGNORE any other areas.. they're not finished!

Spryte
    You WIP is coming along nicely. The Kitchen looks great. How do you get the counters to go at a 45 degree angle like that? I tried to do that in my last build and could not get it.

Thanks for choosing the color palette I made. I'm flattered that you liked it so well.

Lil
  • Options
    nam24601nam24601 Posts: 650
    edited January 2010
    I use photoshop elements, and everything is fine. I don't think it matters what program you use, as long as it does what you want it to. (sorry, just had to add my two cents in)

LilS: Do you write stories? You seem to have a way with words! I really loved that blurb about the Studders...makes me wanna know what happens. :)
  • Options
    Cera13Cera13 Posts: 891 Member
    edited January 2010
    Cera13 wrote:Thanks!

I love the heels too! They come with the purse sitting on the table in the same pic.

I'll find the link in a moment.

And here is the link

http://byhsd.blogspot.com/search/label/Clutter

Cera those shoes and bag I absolutely must have!! Thanks for the link...

The only thing I do have to say to you and anyone else doing the homework assignment is:

MerryWiddow wrote:Only cheat allowed in this assignment is moveObjects on. No budget restrictions. No CC allowed.

All the custom stuff has to be saved for a non-homework house. Sorry.

Luv Bre

Totally forgot... :oops: On the bright side, everyone can get the great shoes and purse :lol:
  • Options
    bangb12bangb12 Posts: 5
    edited January 2010
    Hello again everyone. I was gonna start posting up the Homework assignments, but unfortunately since i patched I am having some problems. So I guess until another patch comes out or I get some kind of fix I wont be posting anything.
  • Options
    WickedKnightWickedKnight Posts: 189 New Member
    edited January 2010
    Think I'm done with this build now. I've left the back and side sparse as most outdoor things are featured on the Sun Deck everyone seemed to like. But the side with the opnd got a lil makeover.

281ass1.jpg
    2cfxzqa.jpg
    256e0so.jpg
    o93c7l.jpg

Feedback welcome, I'm hoping to upload this build soon. I'm trying to do my Sunset Valley rebuild for a story / blog thingie if I ever get round to it LOL.
  • Options
    magician1magician1 Posts: 3,098 Member
    edited January 2010
    Wow

You folks are Great.

I'm back, touching head, oops wood.

I've lost close to 16 days on 101 due to various reasons. Starting with the Patch dated the 16th of December 2009. I lost my whole game with that for 12 days and all my WIP's. When I got that fixed with the help of other Simmer's, I had an Internet glitch. That seems to be repaired now. Holding Thumbs as I type.

Folks; Simtweek has shown you the Pictures of her New World that she built for all on Builders' 101 and any other Simmer: I will be making announcements about Challenges for Builders, Simmakers, Story Tellers, Machinima Makers, etc., as soon as she is able to Upload the World for all to Down Load it. ( I can't wait).

This is going to be a short, medium and long term Project and it is for all level of builders, etc. Woooooheeeeee I'm so excited about this. I can't wait to make the announcements!

During the past few weeks me and my team had a lot of online meetings to Brainstorm as to what we can do to make 101 more exciting and more appealing to all.

Some of the things I can tell you already are:
    The Homework project will be expanded through the adding of more house Plans for you to choose from. The CFE, etc. learning will carry on and we will be adding extra things, more complicated things as we go along.

For Interior Decoraters: We will soon be putting up some empty built houses ( Shells Only ), for you to decorate. With various guidelines to help with the various styles.

Landscapers: We will be getting more and more pictures of Landscaped gardens for you to choose from when you do your next garden.

Story Tellers: You will have all the above opportunities to use. Start a story on the empty shell and continue it right to the end.

Machinima: Same as the Story Tellers. The door will be opened.

I started Builders' 101 on the 2nd of November 2009 and asked MerryWiddow to help me. Later we appointed Simtweek and Jadedcat1983 (who unfortunatley can't do it fulltime anymore). The reason for 101 is to learn and learn more!

No question is a question that you shouldn't have asked, no picture posted is a picture not needed to be looked at, etc. We are all here to learn and help others to learn in the process. Feel free to ask all you want to know! We will between us all, try to answer your question and if we can't, we will try our best to find out what the answer is.

I've seen some remarkable progress made by most, if not all the Creators on here! I believe it is because of all getting involved in helping and commenting on each others creations. Keep up it up, folks.

MerryWiddow has moved to a new Apartment and will be without Internet till Saturday after 12pm EST.

I want to wish you, on behalf of MW and Myself: All a Happy New Year for you and your family.

To those who have lost loved ones: My thoughts and Prayers are with you. I know how you feel because I lost someone very dear to me in Oct 2009. ( See the Town for Tessa Project for details and I think there are still a few lots open fotr Building.)

Looking forward to 2010: I beleive we are all going to exceed our TS3 dreams and expectations!

Good Luck all and be Carefull please.

Best Wishes Magician1 and Merrywiddow
  • Options
    WickedKnightWickedKnight Posts: 189 New Member
    edited January 2010
    Magician - Welcome back and sounds like 2010 is gonna be fun here :P

LilS - Bad news I'm afraid :( We can't import in to CAW, we can only export worlds. The closest I think you can get it is go in to a new sunset valley game, edit town, copy lots to the bin. Then use the sunset valley lite world in CAW and place the lots whereever. I'm in the midst of doing that at the moment, placing lots is not fun! lol!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Magician - Welcome back and sounds like 2010 is gonna be fun here :P

LilS - Bad news I'm afraid :( We can't import in to CAW, we can only export worlds. The closest I think you can get it is go in to a new sunset valley game, edit town, copy lots to the bin. Then use the sunset valley lite world in CAW and place the lots whereever. I'm in the midst of doing that at the moment, placing lots is not fun! lol!

Thanks Wicked. Man that stinks ( not the word I used in RL but for here it works :lol:) I was really hoping to make some major changes to make it a new town after the explosion.

I may have to play with CAW a little more and make my own Sunset Valley for my Challenge Legacy Build.
  • Options
    wolfsprytewolfspryte Posts: 187 New Member
    edited January 2010
    Thanks for all the feedback! Glad you liked the kitchen as much as I do! lol

LilS... As to the cabinets.. I just fiddle with them til I'm happy.. I've found that if you're having trouble getting the cabinet to turn, move one of the cabinets FAR away so they don't "pull" together!

bergcrys... WOW! Very nice!

Wicked.. looking good!

SimTweek... okay.. I snorted water all OVER my monitor... lmbo! I hope you followed the posted link and got those heels! ;)

I want to wish you ALL a very Happy and Properous New Year!

Magician..good to see you again... can't wait for the new challenges! Especially the landscaping! :)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    BTW:

Folks: We have reached the 1st page of the "Hottest Topic" page in 1 month and 29 Days!

Wooooooheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Thank You all folks and this has started my New Year on a great level. (1st here already, sorry some of you are still a year behind. :lol:)

'Keep Learning and Creating'

Welcome to all the new people and glad you joined us.
    Ask if you need help with anything.

PS: I'm looking for the Post that helped me fix my Game (It's a long and Tedious Method but worth it as my game runs smooth and isn't slow since I followed this process and reinstalled all my TSR, CC only. The Installer Monkey was part of my problem. I deleted it and all related CC and that was some of the final actions I took to get my game up and running again.)
    As soon as I get it I will post it here.

• Options
    edited January 2010

bleachbreed You work is lovely and looks very elegant. You're doing a great job.

Craig Your WIP looks great. Only gor me the fountain in pic 7 seems too busy for my tastes. I would move the bambo garden plants to one on each side of the statues, but that is just my personal preferance and taste.

Nam No I don't write stories anymore. I did write a legacy story for my very first legacy family when the game first came out, but it never got any views or feedback so I stopped writtingt he stories and just concintrated on building the town the way I wanted it.

Hope everyone has a safe and great New Year. See you all next year.

Lil
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Here is the Link to the Problem Fixer:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/140582.page

You must follow all steps in order for this to work!

It's a long and slow process BUT worth it.

Hope it helps you folks with game problems.
  • Options
    nam24601nam24601 Posts: 650
    edited January 2010
    Well, it definitely good to see you Mag! And I would be one of the people who are still a year behind, lol. It is currently 8:11 pm here, on Dec. 31, 2009.

Anyway, I just wanted to pop back in and wish everyone a Happy New Year before I go out...and stumble home again ;)

Lil, if you still have your legacy posted somewhere, I would love to read it!

See everyone next year! :)
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Mag is this the link you are looking for?

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/140582.page
  • Options
    bergcrysbergcrys Posts: 659
    edited January 2010
    Ok so I'm doing assignment 5 and I realize a lot of people are busy cuz it's new years, but how do I change my cover picture once my house is uploaded?
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Well it seems I am a day late and a dollar short once again. :lol: Mag beat me to the link
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    bergcrys wrote:
    Ok so I'm doing assignment 5 and I realize a lot of people are busy cuz it's new years, but how do I change my cover picture once my house is uploaded?

The only way I am away of changing it is to upload it again with the new cover pic and delete the first upload from the exchange.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hi All
    Lil: I found it thank you very much for the effort.

Bergcry: Once it is on the Exchange you cannot change the cover Picture.
    I f you really want to change it you will have to Delete it from your Studio on TS3. The re Name it and re Share it. Change the cover picture and Re upload..
    If it hasn't been on long I would suggest that you do change the picture.

Good Luck

'Keep Learning and creating'

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top