Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Roadmap July - September

Comments

• Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    We got the Wolfies, so it's only fair that the expansion pack is for the more family oriented players. Congrats to all of you! If we get a plant kit again I will buy it...
  • Options
    PhilSimsPhilSims Posts: 190 Member
    Another pointer to high school - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cool_S
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    PhilSims wrote: »

oh true it could also be connected to school thing

you know given Cool S is mysterious symbol people cannot quite trace start of
    i wonder if they are going to do secret society with school which would be splendid theme to use cool S with
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Wasn't expecting to get a roadmap so soon!! I hope that's a hint to a high school expansion I see at the bottom of the graph! So excited!

They most likely released the Roadmap early cause their going to announce the Next Expansion Next Week.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Wasn't expecting to get a roadmap so soon!! I hope that's a hint to a high school expansion I see at the bottom of the graph! So excited!

They most likely released the Roadmap early cause their going to announce the Next Expansion Next Week.

If the release date is 28/7, the trailer will drop Thursday (4 weeks ahead).
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,850 Member
    edited June 2022
    I'm wondering if the trans pride flag and the addition of body hair are pointing to some big update to give us more options for body customization. It could be changes to allow more diverse blending of masculine and feminine bodies for gender fluid sims. As it is now if you want to make a male sim who presents as female all you can give them is a vaguely feminine body shape but it still depicts male muscles. Early stages of transition would appear similar but that's not always true. Some people transitioning from male to female may not have a great deal of muscle mass. And we can't give male sims with feminine frames breasts which we should be able to, to better represent how transition would work.

If that is indeed what is in the works that would explain why we didn't get body hair with the werewolves pack or update. Implement all of it at one time.
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    I'd be super happy if the EP was high school related. I have so many teens in my game waiting for something else to do.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Here's what I'm thinking so far:

Base Game Update: There's a transgender pride flag next to it, so I'm wondering if we're going to see any improvements to gender customisation in CAS.

Expansion Pack: The 'Rise & Shine' part makes me think of back to school early mornings. Here in the UK, September is usually when kids go back to school, so I wouldn't be surprised if this high school expansion being teased drops around then.

As for the Kits, I have no clue lol. Though I'm going to guess maybe something to do with hot climates, because of the cacti.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited June 2022
    PhilSims wrote: »

Reading that wiki page you linked (never heard of this Cool S thing), there's one point where it states: "The origin of the Cool S is unclear. In the 1970s, photographer Howard Gribble took many photos of Los Angeles, many of which feature the number 8 in a similar style to the Cool S."

(my bold)

We know that the Get Famous world is loosely based on the Hollywood/LA area. Is it possible the base game update is a refresh of the Get Famous pack? Cactus pics (desert), sun/sunshine (sunny California), flames/fire (indicating heat)...?

Either that or maybe the school EP is based in an Arizona or New Mexico or California type of area?

Also an interesting note: The very first bubble tea shop opened in North America was in a city near the foothills of the Santa Cruz mountains in California.... (looking at that roadmap pic with the sun over some hills).

Food for thought?
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    Kai252018Kai252018 Posts: 76 Member
    I hope this kit be clothes for kids and toddlers.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited June 2022
    logion wrote: »
    gl1BuAn.png
    The base game update might be the pronouns for other languages.
    The EP is probs the high school pack.
    The build kit has the desert symbols on, so something to do with that - Mexican build items?
    Haven't a clue what the style kit could be about. At first I thought that thing near the bottom of the kit pic was a hard hat and it might be work wear, but I doubt it.
    No idea why there are so many plants... maybe just to make the picture look pretty? :D
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    plot twist: the arches are not windows they're graves :lol: I'm trying too hard aren't I

i wonder about having so many vases/bottles maybe its pottery instead actually hmmm or maybe i am still trying too hard obviously its just another plant kit or something
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited June 2022
    Lecca wrote: »

My thoughts:

"Start trend setting early" = kids/toddlers clothes
    "Create an ideal sunlit space" = conservatory/garden/outdoor furniture (wicker maybe? and also explains all the plants)
    "Grow into your brightest self" = school
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »
    plot twist: the arches are not windows they're graves :lol: I'm trying too hard aren't I

i wonder about having so many vases/bottles maybe its pottery instead actually hmmm or maybe i am still trying too hard obviously its just another plant kit or something

You might be trying a bit much with the grave thing. Maybe. :)

The pottery part not at all. Pottery is a big part of Native American culture. A lot of tribes call the Southwest home and for some tribes that extends into parts of Northern Mexico. A desert world and/or a themed kit could draw as easily from Mexican culture and it would be a perfect fit also with the graphics in that video. Thinking about it, that would be really cool to have more references to both cultures.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited June 2022
    The expansion pack is definitely going to be the rumored 'High School' pack. The graduation cap at the bottom right corner is a clear giveaway. Also, "rise and shine" could very well be indicating a typical teenager's morning routine (waking up for school, getting ready, etc). Meanwhile, the base game update will probably be for teenage sims. I could be wrong, but the sim in the picture looks like a revamped teenager. That's my guess, at least. It could just be the way this sim looks, but the facial features and body look a bit different from what we have now.

Also, based on the transgender visibility flag in this teaser, I wonder if that sim is going to be the game's first canonically transgender sim? If so, that would be a huge step forward of progressiveness in the franchise!

Side note: Has anyone realized we've been getting so many kits... and yet, only ONE (from the very beginning) has been gameplay related? Why? Every kit we've gotten since 'Bust The Dust' has been CAS or BB related... but no new gameplay.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I hope the Base update will be the ground plants finally fixed & maybe a cool solar flares of the sun.
  • Options
    logion wrote: »
    gl1BuAn.png
    The base game update might be the pronouns for other languages.
    The EP is probs the high school pack.
    The build kit has the desert symbols on, so something to do with that - Mexican build items?
    Haven't a clue what the style kit could be about. At first I thought that thing near the bottom of the kit pic was a hard hat and it might be work wear, but I doubt it.
    No idea why there are so many plants... maybe just to make the picture look pretty? :D

The color scheme they picked out really fits a Mexican theme as well as Native American one. That just caught my eye
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    edited June 2022
    My speculations are that it looks like a Santa Fe/desert SW type decor, likely in kit form and maybe a high school graduation party kit with new scenarios. ETA: I forgot about the High School pack spec, yeah the EP is probably High School or K-12 schools.

What is missing is the music/band theme that I HOPE was being teased with the Maxis made sim download of a musician girl from yesterday (No idea who that was, btw).
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    edited June 2022
    A bit annoying that they've just abandoned gameplay kits... which is what sold them to me in the first place, now I just think they're a load of rubbish.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Looks like we're getting a high school expansion, a desert-themed build kit, a fashion kit of some kind, and house plants/decorative floral arrangements and fire are going to be heavily involved somewhere.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    Looks like we're getting a high school expansion, a desert-themed build kit, a fashion kit of some kind, and house plants/decorative floral arrangements and fire are going to be heavily involved somewhere.

I just had a thought. Southwestern themes. Vases. Fire. Kiln? Pottery skill?

It would be too much to ask for, but I'll ask anyway. Please can we have the pottery skill?
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Lecca wrote: »

I'll reserve my own excitement for now. I just wonder whose bright idea it was to use a white typeface on such a light background. I can barely even read it. I have to lean close and squint to be able to make out all the words. :grimace:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Looks southwestern.
    https://youtu.be/9jKpQ96KMqA
    But don't we have that already?

More game-play for my Smugglesworth prep-school sims?
    Time to celebrate, with fingers crossed. Non-achoholic.
    09_07_20_11_22_54_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Please be social/slice of teen stage life, focused.

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds