The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
February 23rd - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Roadmap July - September

124...Next

Comments

• JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    edited June 2022
    Atreya33 wrote: »

Maybe they're announcing it a week or two early due to the leak. Im glad they're doing it a bit early, regardless can't wait to see it.

While I'm excited to see the new EP, is it crazy that I'm looking more forward to seeing what the base game update is going to be...
    WbUrFQm.png
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    It looks like nothing is coming July - September, unless it's a set of posters - I outgrew them over 55 years ago.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,597 Member
    Oh, long thread, I can't wait to read it all. But I can't wait that long to add a few lines :) Studying the image is quite fun, too! I see multiple signs of cacti - and repeating suns - aaaand, at least 3 items of plant foliage. I wonder if the base game update will have to do with (new) Seasons, and someone mentioned swimmable areas in more worlds... personally I'd prefer if sims could consider the season before jumping into the swimming pool, right now they might choose to relax in the pool if they are tired, in the middle of a freezing winter night, instead of using their bed. Maybe there will be some fine tuning for the climates... I'd love to see a system where certain plants will thrive more in certain worlds. Plantain trees as a garden plant in Brindleton Bay? Hmmm... should at least be harder to grow there. Climates could affect plants more than they do. Plant foliage could refer to the build kit though, as it is decorated with cacti... and hey... is that a tiny image of a flame (right side next to the glass with a straw). Could the heat waves be more deadly, muha?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I wonder if the base game update will have to do with (new) Seasons,

Yikes, seasons coming to base game in some form is something I hadn't even thought might seriously be a possibility. I hope not. I really, really hope not. :flushed:

FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,421 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »
    Lecca wrote: »

I'll reserve my own excitement for now. I just wonder whose bright idea it was to use a white typeface on such a light background. I can barely even read it. I have to lean close and squint to be able to make out all the words. :grimace:

New typeface.

#EA CreatorNetwork
    AHQ Champion
  • zucchinionpizzazucchinionpizza Posts: 98 Member
    Cactus, sun, fire, looks very desert themed. Maybe The Sims 4 Dune: Journey to Arrakis
    Check out my gallery (ID : zucchinionpizza) for base game builds ♥

Lecca wrote: »

I'll reserve my own excitement for now. I just wonder whose bright idea it was to use a white typeface on such a light background. I can barely even read it. I have to lean close and squint to be able to make out all the words. :grimace:

New typeface.

So much better. :smiley:
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    The EP hasn't been officially announced? I've seen it for preorder on a few sites that you shouldn't buy from complete with the box art, so I figured it was official at this point.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,421 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    The EP hasn't been officially announced? I've seen it for preorder on a few sites that you shouldn't buy from complete with the box art, so I figured it was official at this point.

@Felicity trailer tomorrow. 6/30

https://youtu.be/1WXdXjROSbk
    #EA CreatorNetwork
    AHQ Champion
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Felicity wrote: »

@Felicity trailer tomorrow. 6/30

https://youtu.be/1WXdXjROSbk

Cool and thank you. I'm very curious about this one.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2022
    Yes!! 👏 I’m here for all of it!! 😀👍
    Can’t wait to see the most-likely- teen expansion and what the kits will be like.

I love how we go from werewolves to body hair to potentially puberty-aka-teen stuff, nice, haha! 😄👍

I love how it’s a contrast this time around, from the past night theme to the sunshine “rise and shine!” theme for the next set of content.

(I will assume the picture is of a teen looking in the bathroom mirror, getting ready for school.)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • DramaticJedi5DramaticJedi5 Posts: 60 Member
    edited June 2022
    What if the Trans flag means Trans Surgery scars are coming to the base game.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,290 Member

The Trans Pride flag being there wasn't coincidental and I'm just as excited to what it adds to the game as I am for the expansion pack
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,597 Member

The Trans Pride flag being there wasn't coincidental and I'm just as excited to what it adds to the game as I am for the expansion pack

Might include a surprise: Judith Ward having a hairy chest :smiley:
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,512 Member
    Whatever features this pack has, I believe I will be immediately making plans for my prep school dormitory lot.
    It might even eliminate the need for it.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • JALJAL Posts: 953 Member
    @Simmerville
    I'd love to see a system where certain plants will thrive more in certain worlds. Plantain trees as a garden plant in Brindleton Bay? Hmmm... should at least be harder to grow there. Climates could affect plants more than they do. Plant foliage could refer to the build kit though, as it is decorated with cacti... and hey... is that a tiny image of a flame (right side next to the glass with a straw).

I would love it if plants were more dependant on where they were. You shouldn't be able to grow bananas in a world that has snow in the winter - at least not without a greenhouse. However, I think your second guess is more correct, that it has more to do with the bb-kit. Maybe a sunroom theme with a southwest feel to it? Would work well with "create an ideal sunlit space."

@VeeDub

Yikes, seasons coming to base game in some form is something I hadn't even thought might seriously be a possibility. I hope not. I really, really hope not. :flushed:

While I personally think seasons should be basegame (with weather, seasons and holidays toggable on and off in different variation for maximum freedom for the user), I think you are safe. Can you imagine the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 if they made an entire EP that players have paid a lot of money for free for all? There is enough complaints when they take a hairstyle from a pack and make it basegame. Now with sims 5, that's another story, but unfortunately I don't think they'll pass upp an opportunity to make money by selling players extra content.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,290 Member

Might include a surprise: Judith Ward having a hairy chest :smiley:

If they don't make it happen, I will.

Technically she already does when she unleashes the beast within. Awooooo🐺
    JAL wrote: »

While I personally think seasons should be basegame (with weather, seasons and holidays toggable on and off in different variation for maximum freedom for the user), I think you are safe. Can you imagine the 🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙 if they made an entire EP that players have paid a lot of money for free for all? There is enough complaints when they take a hairstyle from a pack and make it basegame. Now with sims 5, that's another story, but unfortunately I don't think they'll pass upp an opportunity to make money by selling players extra content.

True, that would indeed cause a big ol' stink. But I wouldn't expect all of the features of that EP to be given away for free, anyway. Even just a simplified version of various seasonal or regional effects would be a problem for players (like me) who prefer to define their own for story purposes. Still, you're probably right. I hope so, anyway. :lol:
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,180 Member
    I've just seen the info and pics out for the High School expansion pack over on twitter and I think it looks great with lots of new stuff to do. There's a lot going on and a lot of attention to detail, it should be really fun to play with.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I hope one of the things that is included is boarding school. I do not like having the kids around the house. Probably why I don't play kids in my saves.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,512 Member
    I do believe I will be going fully modded after this pack comes out because I will need to make days longer.
    I'll probably finally get MCCC.

We are going to have to have more time in a day to actually get any enjoyment for after school hours.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • annax12annax12 Posts: 1 New Member
    Might just be the size of the icon in general but the t-shirt in the style kit icon looks a bit small...almost child-sized. :) I've long given up on any substantial babies update but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that they add more CAS items for babies.

Trying not to get my hopes up too high but I would love pottery being added to the game.