Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My future Scientist dislikes Rocket Science ??

I'm "rebooting" Bonnie Sheffield. In an alternate universe/another life Bonnie was a geeky scientist who adored all things space and aliens etc.
This Bonnie has gone to Geek Con and while working on the rocket ship decided she's not enjoying herself and rocket science may not be her cup of tea (so to speak).

So, Dislikes Rocket Science?

My future Scientist dislikes Rocket Science ?? 32 votes

Yes
46%
LaBlue0314Colorist40elanorbretonsimgirl1010SweetieWright_84snoepjes1210BreazonaMareahSAEldarinGamingTweetyReaganboganSapphire769KerriganHandelduriankind 15 votes
No
53%
crocobauraGalacticGalPlayerSinger2010wylmite1986phantasmkissDaraviviola-illyriafiercephoenix91SimsLovinLycanEnkiSchmidtmustenicalipossmikamakimonSeashoreLiviatelemwillChris_McSimsRenée09 17 votes

Comments

• Options
    caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member
    No
    Maybe she was just having a bad day. :tongue:
    he/him
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    caliposs wrote: »
    Maybe she was just having a bad day. :tongue:
    Yeah, the cos-players didn't want to let her take selfies.
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    Yes
    I'd run with it.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,880 Member
    Yes
    I don't understand the allure of reinventing the same character and playing her exactly as before. Or am I missing something? 🤔
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    No
    I don't understand the allure of reinventing the same character and playing her exactly as before. Or am I missing something? 🤔

I do it all the time and find it fun to watch how their new environment shapes them. As long as their core remains untouched, anything goes. So the question is, is Rocket Science part of Bonnie's core character or just one of many possible expressions of her scientific curiosity?

That said, in this situation I still voted No, because the game tries to slap sims with a Dislike every time they attempt an activity in a bad mood. That's not a real dislike, that's just needing to kick back with a cup of tea for twenty minutes in my book.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,880 Member
    Yes

I do it all the time and find it fun to watch how their new environment shapes them.

Understood. I have never played any careers, aspirations, etc more than once.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    It depends if you're more a guardian angel to your sims or an evil overlord! :D

If you enjoy making the poor things miserable, go for it and have her hate it, if not, give the poor girl a break, lol.
  • Options
    duriankindduriankind Posts: 62 Member
    Yes
    I'd say roll with it as well, but I kind of like when my game decides to take me in an unexpected direction. It adds some interest and variety in my game I suppose, since I normally play my game so perfectly and hate inserting any kind of drama on my own, so I guess that's my way of mixing it up a little bit. It adds a new challenge and the potential for more interesting/complex storylines.
    ⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶
    check out my gallery page
    ⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶
  • Options
    mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    No
    If the sim happens to be in a good mood, they'll 'like' the activity. I try not to let moodlets mess up my plans for my sims, especially when moodlets are so random and the sim is just being melodramatic, as usual.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    No
    Turn it down this time, then let her work on a rocket again later and see if you get the same prompt to cement her dislike again. In yes, go with it. If no, she was just having an off day. ^_^
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    Yes
    It seems more realistic that she would have aspects of her job she doesn't like. I know I've had those moments.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Yes
    If any of my sims ever roll a dislike or like I always run with it. In a way, it is their way of letting me know their personalities.
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Yes
    I voted to go with the flow this time, but i will admit that when i was in a similar situation with my sim i went with my original plan for her. You see, i had this sim who i imagined to be into snow related sports, like skiing and climbing the snowy mountains, but she decided she hated climbing one day when she got injured, also her mood could have had something to do with it but i am not sure. Anyway, the game gave me the prompt to register it as a dislike like it did with you, but i chose not to do it. However, in your case i would roll with the game since you already played this sim the other way.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Hmm… would this make the story more enjoyable to play? Her having one part of her job that she doesn’t like. Maybe it’s the building that is no fun but actually flying in it is better?

I worked in a lab on campus for one summer. Some of it was really fun, some of it was so boring that it very obvious how it ended up on my plate (smallest little new minion).
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    No
    Sometimes you love something, and want to do it forever, but in the middle of a frustrating moment you just hate the ever-loving plumbob out of it. That doesn't mean that you don't still love it, just that you love it so much that why won't that thing go where I put it?! I'm going to tear this thing apart if it doesn't... Oh. It works. Yay! SO MUCH FUN.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    Yes
    Sometimes you love something, and want to do it forever, but in the middle of a frustrating moment you just hate the ever-loving plumbob out of it. That doesn't mean that you don't still love it, just that you love it so much that why won't that thing go where I put it?! I'm going to tear this thing apart if it doesn't... Oh. It works. Yay! SO MUCH FUN.

That's a really good point. I couldn't tell you how many times I've said I would never cook another meal again, but I love cooking.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    No
    If it’s supposed to be for gameplay and storyline and such I’d say no. It’d make for a very difficult time to do anything related to that. I watched one simmer who had that on as one even though the sim had to have that skill and she finally tuned it off because the sim eventually stopped doing it.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg