Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some trivial things that annoy you?

Comments

• Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 704 Member
    Its annoying that when Sims get together to do something I can only control those in the family that I play. To make it clearer I will give an example. Two of my Sims decided to go on vacation in Granite Falls with a couple that they are friends with. Since I did not control the friends they ended up by being so hungry and so tired (even if there were beds in the cottage they would not use them) that they passed out on the floor. Or If they come to my house or I go to their house if I could control them they would not leave me alone to use the PC, or the TV or whatever after inviting me or that I have invited them to spend time together.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    The one that comes to the top of my head is Vampires who have the ability to turn into mist to travel. They just mist out in the middle of the conversation all the time. I have a sim who Vlad is his dad and everytime I try to bond/hang out it's just me waiting for Vlad to come back from misting out to the roof or some sht. Then when my sim got that ability it was even worse because they were just popping in and out and it drives me crazy.

I have this problem with my batform vampire. When I play him, I set him to "don't fly as bat", so all is well. But the moment I rotate to another household, the vampire merrily soars around as a bet again. When it's his household's time again, I have to AGAIN set him to not use batform all the time. What's worse, this sim is one of my two chiefs of police. But I don't want to take the batform off him either, because it's an iconic part of his character.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,858 Member
    The one that comes to the top of my head is Vampires who have the ability to turn into mist to travel. They just mist out in the middle of the conversation all the time. I have a sim who Vlad is his dad and everytime I try to bond/hang out it's just me waiting for Vlad to come back from misting out to the roof or some sht. Then when my sim got that ability it was even worse because they were just popping in and out and it drives me crazy.

Even worse then that for me. When one sim leaves the room by any method in mid conversation, and the one left behind just keeps talking as if they aren't alone. The other sim left the room! I want to scream "Stop talking. They're gone and you're creeping me out."
  • Options
    pameler417pameler417 Posts: 51 Member
    I'm annoyed we can't skate on frozen water that is swimmable. Why only rinks? Also, why no updates to make all the water swimmable?? I also wish we could assign dining chairs like with beds. Growing up, my family always sat (and still does when we are together) in the same seats, I want my sim family dinners like that too!
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,357 Member
    Trivial things that annoy me:

1) The ceilings of my underground mine tunnels and my rustic wooden cabins being bright white. Just having color options for ceilings would be really nice, even if they don't have more detailed textures. Maybe it doesn't matter much for players who don't take a lot of screenshots, but I do, and it drives me nuts.

2) When I start up a game in which I play many households, and I am looking at the map before choosing which household to play, I can't remember what day of the week or time of day it was when I left off... and there is no way to check without loading up a household. That information really should be in the UI in map view.

3) There is no way for sims to find out what the weather is going to be in other worlds before they travel there. If you want to have an outdoor event on a lot that is in a different world, this is a problem.

When one sim leaves the room by any method in mid conversation, and the one left behind just keeps talking as if they aren't alone. The other sim left the room! I want to scream "Stop talking. They're gone and you're creeping me out."

:lol: For me, it just makes me feel sad for the sim who keeps talking. I'm like, "You know, it really looks like he's just not that into you. He walks away while you're still talking. Maybe you should try to find a different friend."

Though honestly, I think this continuing to talk after the other sim walks away thing is probably a bug, I don't remember this happening back when I first started playing sims 4 in 2016. It seems like a more recent issue.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,858 Member
    edited June 2022
    Trivial things that annoy me:

1) The ceilings of my underground mine tunnels and my rustic wooden cabins being bright white. Just having color options for ceilings would be really nice, even if they don't have more detailed textures. Maybe it doesn't matter much for players who don't take a lot of screenshots, but I do, and it drives me nuts.

2) When I start up a game in which I play many households, and I am looking at the map before choosing which household to play, I can't remember what day of the week or time of day it was when I left off... and there is no way to check without loading up a household. That information really should be in the UI in map view.

3) There is no way for sims to find out what the weather is going to be in other worlds before they travel there. If you want to have an outdoor event on a lot that is in a different world, this is a problem.

When one sim leaves the room by any method in mid conversation, and the one left behind just keeps talking as if they aren't alone. The other sim left the room! I want to scream "Stop talking. They're gone and you're creeping me out."

:lol: For me, it just makes me feel sad for the sim who keeps talking. I'm like, "You know, it really looks like he's just not that into you. He walks away while you're still talking. Maybe you should try to find a different friend."

Though honestly, I think this continuing to talk after the other sim walks away thing is probably a bug, I don't remember this happening back when I first started playing sims 4 in 2016. It seems like a more recent issue.

You are right, i should be more compassionate to my sims when it happens, and usually I am. I didn't notice until last month, maybe as far back as late March, early April. It is fairly recent that I spotted it.
  • Options
    AraeliumAraelium Posts: 60 Member
    How quickly the bees get irritated with you.
  • Options
    wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    Caleb Valtore
  • Options
    viola-illyriaviola-illyria Posts: 182 Member
    ...how hyper-fixated NPC sims seem to be on interacting with my sims whenever they're out and about. It's especially annoying with club gatherings, group outings, and dates, with randos just butting in on my sims' conversations, butting who I want in the conversation out, being annoying and rude...I wish they'd nerf that instead of supernatural gameplay. These NPC's are so rude, man! It's like, this is a Mickey and Minnie conversation, so stay your goofy butt out of it!!

I send sims out on a date.

Every single townie in the area: *our* date.

I just keep using heavier and heavier romance interactions until the other sims get so embarrassed they leave or die.

• Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    I have this problem with my batform vampire. When I play him, I set him to "don't fly as bat", so all is well. But the moment I rotate to another household, the vampire merrily soars around as a bet again. When it's his household's time again, I have to AGAIN set him to not use batform all the time. What's worse, this sim is one of my two chiefs of police. But I don't want to take the batform off him either, because it's an iconic part of his character.

@sclevenger08 @EnkiSchmidt Excessive use of mist- and batform was turning me nuts too. One of my sims was even unable to just say hello to Vlad because he kept mist forming non-stop. However I discovered this mod by Simvasion and it significantly tuned that behavior down. I heartily recommend if you're not adverse to using mods. https://simvasion.com/vampires-fixes/
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    Thank you for the link @Thrior! Just downloaded it.
  • Options
    viola-illyriaviola-illyria Posts: 182 Member
    Araelium wrote: »
    How quickly the bees get irritated with you.

It doesn't prevent the bees from getting irritated but littlemssam has a 'calm bees' mod that lets you calm them down without the risk of getting stung.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    When Vampires came out, there were vampiric lot traits.

Why aren't there similar werewolf traits, like traits that make werewolves more likely to visit or breed? The same thing, but for werewolves.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Vampires have lot traits so why don't Werewolves?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    For those sims on a date that are getting interrupted, snuggle in romance works at cutting other sims out of the conversation. They have to be sitting next to each other for the snuggle interaction to be available.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    When you're talking to a sim and queue something up but they decide to walk away and the queue cancels. That triggers me greatly.
    You're Breathtaking!
  • Options
    MoonwoodSimsMoonwoodSims Posts: 5 New Member
    I really hate that random sims will join in on conversations. It makes going out in public so annoying.