Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Upcoming EP: High School

Comments

• Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,784 Member
    If we do get a new world, I'd rather have something smaller so that they can dedicate resources to other things within the EP. Would you even need a new world with High School and/or a teenage focused EP?

Please let the July release date be true because I'll be purchasing this right away.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    If we do get a new world, I'd rather have something smaller so that they can dedicate resources to other things within the EP. Would you even need a new world with High School and/or a teenage focused EP?

Please let the July release date be true because I'll be purchasing this right away.

Well Yeah, I was thinking people have already created high school lots and they should be able to use them. Instead of having a whole neighborhood considered the high school like Discover University.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Watch out what you ask for, you might just get it.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    lol 😂
    Loanet wrote: »

Perhaps if we do get a new world, we'll get some new lot types specifically for teens.
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited June 2022
    lol 😂

Perhaps if we do get a new world, we'll get some new lot types specifically for teens.

I definitely want a new world but also know simmer's would want to turn their creations into a legit school lot type. I feel EA/Maxis would probably create a new school with a lot of nice set dressing like a football/tracking field sims can't play on but the cheerleader's could practice a dance routine near the unusable bleacher's. IJS I think the high school the sims go to is called Buckingham High. I want to see if they'll create that school. I'm not even sure how many high schools are suppose to be in the game. I would imagine households would have the choice to enroll in the playable school or stick to a school in their district.
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,063 Member
    lol 😂

Or we can get like at Get to Work, a neigboorhood as Magnolia Promenade and new lot type

I like use the 50x40 lot at Newcrest to make a school (using also clubs from GT)
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2022
    Boy they really want to take away the hype from Werewolves don't they? 🙁

It’s not them, though, just a rumor and speculation from the community. Nothing’s been confirmed yet, and we may not get anything major (bigger than small kits, I mean) until fall time or later.

And even then, why would announcing new content or getting excited about new content be a problem?

Werewolf lovers finally got their content and many folks are enjoying the new game pack.

It seems there will still be patches and such for this pack (as well as fixes for past packs as we have seen in multiple patches).

I would assume the Sims team allocates different staff to work on different packs, so it shouldn’t be a problem, and the werewolves pack is finished. The werewolves pack seemed to have been made with lots of love and it has had lots of positive reactions from the forums and social media, so, again, don’t see the issue with new content coming up...?

New content is great, but it’s important to acknowledge that not everyone is an occult player, or that some folks may skip the werewolf pack (like me at the moment), and there are many who were waiting for a major non-occult/realistic or a non-werewolf pack, and thus, are excited and speculating to find out what new major content is next.

It’s also been awhile since we had an EP, so of course, many folks are excited to see if/when we get any EPs this year.

That is why there is a speculation section on the forums. Many folks are always wanting to speculate what comes next, and are always waiting for the team to start getting ready to announce new content. It’s always been that way.

Some folks just may not be interested in the current pack or the many kit and are wanting to look forward for the content that they may be interested in playing with in the future. Some folks may still be starved for certain types of content that still hasn’t been in Sims 4 yet, or are simply curious about what could potentially be released for Sims 4, etc.

(While I’m not starving for content, I’m still hoping for fairies, maybe mermaid refreshes, and more Generations and more realistic content, for example.)

That’s what this section is for: speculating and getting excited about stuff. :smile: Right now, nothing’s been confirmed, and if something is to be confirmed, then that’s great for folks who would love to see the new content. 🤗❤️

This game lives on with money from us paying for constant DLC, after all, lol, hehe! 😄
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I hope they add some interactions like "go walking around together" and "ride bikes together " teens do a lot of hanging around in groups like this. Also an arcade and maybe an updated skating rink.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,293 Member
    MichelleW wrote: »
    I hope they add some interactions like "go walking around together" and "ride bikes together " teens do a lot of hanging around in groups like this. Also an arcade and maybe an updated skating rink.

Hang out on the floor and chat like in the Sims 2 :heart:

Arcade :heart:
  • Options

I feel it might be fall time, but I would love an earlier release, too!

Of course, I would hope that the pack would be properly worked on like the Werewolves pack, and not a rushed, broken disaster like the pre-fixed My Wedding Stories was.

Still, I would be really happy and excited with a July or August release, so here’s to hoping! 🤗👍
    (She/her)
  • Options
    PinkyjjPinkyjj Posts: 8 New Member
    > @crocobaura said:
    > Hope it has bands because my sims aren't the nerdy types.

I think Bands would be fun as a GP, we already have a few instruments and singing.

Add a few different types of singing like Opera, Classical and death growls.

Some other instruments like drums, harp and Hurdy Gurdy, a few others too

Ability to perform gigs at bars and other public venues
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,417 Member
    Pinkyjj wrote: »
    > @crocobaura said:
    > Hope it has bands because my sims aren't the nerdy types.

I think Bands would be fun as a GP, we already have a few instruments and singing.

Add a few different types of singing like Opera, Classical and death growls.

Some other instruments like drums, harp and Hurdy Gurdy, a few others too

Ability to perform gigs at bars and other public venues

That would be lovely, especially opera and accordion. Also jazz singing.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Omg this is so cool!!!
    I posted this here because if you look at the list of mods she worked on it's mainly teen/child/ family related stuff.
    All speculation of course because we know nothing but imagine if she was involved in an upcoming highschool pack or kids pack 😱

It's never about "who does it better" modders and the sims live in harmony and their work complements each other.

Oh, hopefully this is a sign of more family content! 😀

For another sign, the Werewolves pack was great in including occult hints and interactions for the younger life stages, so it was a very nice step forward with the team providing more for the family play. 🤗
    (She/her)
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Even if they didn't give us bands in this EP, they could have one of the classes be music class and give us more music instruments. Hoping they add some serious drum animations depending on the Sims skill.

That would leave room to get a well developed band pack that could include more things related to music and performances.
    Zilo Zing Band
    The-Band-2.jpg

Zilo Zing Band when they were teens
    Band_Members_Teen.jpg

When I played with my first family, I played as their teen son, Aaron Ashton. Although it was enjoyable, most of the teen related things I had to imagine such as what was happening at school. I don't want to have to imagine that anymore, I want to experience it along with all the other teen related fun activities. For that reason, I haven't played with teens in years. Pretty much only been playing with Young Adults and as their families eventually grew to having toddlers and children but I didn't age anyone up to teens.

Secretly, I've been hoping for such a pack so that I can return to my original family and play as their teen son again.
    Here is Aaron Ashton. There is so much more to experience with him as a teen; but, I need more teenage related gameplay to truly do that.
    Aaron-Ashton.jpg
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
  • Options
    AnisimAnisim Posts: 181 Member
    edited June 2022
    I hope we get punk rock/skate punk CAS items and music. I've really wanted a punk pack for the longest time.
  • Options
    doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    kemowery wrote: »

The other big thing I want is a TTRPG item, letting kids and older play D&D around a dining room table.

D&D for kids and older I am down for that also I think Warhammer (40K & Age of Sigmar) would be nice to see in the game event if it’s under a different name.
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    A problem besides educating my Sims in two different pack, is aging. In saves where I play multiple households and have aging turned off, my teenagers will be in this pack for a long long time. They will not graduate! Should I play with aging on, there will be households who have multiple childrens where one after the other will be in high school. I don't have to have aging on in university since they are young adults and when they graduate they can take up thir careers.
  • Options
    EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    edited June 2022
    Has anyone here on the forums, who plays the game in Spanish, noticed this?
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,680 Member
    edited June 2022
    Boyollo wrote: »
    Feels kinda unnecessary, as many others commented, like, active careers are, in my opinion, already kinda boring after a while, extending it to other life stages seems like a pain. I would much rather have them expand upon concepts such as story progression and making the world feel more alive, than a very limited feature (Due to the number of sims in a lot, I'm skeptic towards the immersion, like, a small school tends to have 100ish students, how would that work in The Sims?) that's probably going to lose its charm pretty soon. Or I'm wrong and they manage to deliver a very engaging package, who knows?

Maybe we'll get options like sending the Teens off to a Football game, or even the Prom. Maybe we'll be like chaperones at said Prom and Johnny and Ricky can spike the punch when they think the Chaperones NPCs aren't looking. Maybe we'll have the opportunity for our Sim Teens to be crowned Prom King & Queen. Good times. It doesn't have to become wash, rinse, repeat. I'm curious to see how they plan on instituting it.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Even if it turns out to be real (which is looking more and more likely) remember that it doesn't mean it's the pack coming next. People got really upset when the "country" pack turned out to be Eco Lifestyle... and then we got Cottage Living.

Don't take this to mean I don't want the pack to be real, or even coming this July (though late August/ early September would feel more appropriate around here) I'm all for it if it means more things specifically aimed at Teens (and hopefully kids get some love as well), even if I find zero appeal in an Active school day. (Active Special events, like school dances, are a different matter.) Occult Family Play is a thing, and a thing I enjoy a lot. I'm just erring on the side of caution.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited June 2022
    Looking at the new hints in this thread I believe this is real afterall!! I'm SO ready for this.😁😁😁
    I always though we would get a high-school pack anyway just didn't know when. Seems like 2022 is the year!🤭
    Although it would be nice if we had cars for this so parents can take teens to school in the car or on the bus. It hurts to know my child is running to school and back everyday😂😂😂

Overall I'm super curious about how they went about this pack...can't wait till we start getting official information.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    edited June 2022
    Overall I'm super curious about how they went about this pack...can't wait till we start getting official information.me too if this is real I would use it a lot I am mostly a story teller in the sims so being able to have a high school would help me a lot like if i want to make a story about a teen sim who is a specellcaster in a school of Nomarl sim's and is trying to hide her magic from everyone and make friends at the same time or a sims who dream's of being prom king but is a geek so many ideas
  • Options
    mewo13mewo13 Posts: 60 Member
    edited June 2022
    While I'm not particularly interested in playing an active high school (university is enough as it is), I'm interested in the Parenthood/Generations gameplay a pack like this could bring. Please, make teens more mischievous. I'm all for it. A popularity/Cool system, influence/peer pressure system, anything to add more drama lol. I hope they interact well with Parenthood. Teens should be able to sneak out, hide juice, struggle with fitting in and anxiety, etc.

Know what would be great? If we could make our own high school lots. American high schools are cultural icons across the globe but... What if we want to play a British boarding school, or a Japanese high school? I hope we get to customize our schools, down to it's uniform and school rules.